Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG (29343 Views)

Top 10 Most Richest Beggars In The World (no. 1 Will Shock You) / Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral / Is It Good To Collect Change From Beggars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Reference(m): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Don't bite the minister,guys. I think she was only trying to emphasize how serious the new tax drive by the government is gonna be. I also believe she was trying to crack a joke by the side too. If you take this statement on the face value then... I don't know what to say about you. Honestly.

You call this a joke....and dare insult people 'who take it at face value'.....
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Reference(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Exciton:
I can't believe people find this funny.

In a sane society, it's the duty of the government to ensure that the most vulnerable group of the society gets the opportunity to lead normal lives - getting them jobs to earn their keep and live with dignity. However, our government not only sees nothing wrong with begging, they see it as an IGR opportunity.

We are shameless and weak. I'm disgusted!

And someone insults me for not seeing the lighter side of this catastrophe.

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by TinaAnita(f): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
How kemi became finance minister still baffles me. Electing Buhari/APC was a big fat error
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by DexteryJoe(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
SMH, started from d bottom now we are here, d point where we have nowhere to turn to we now turn to beggars to generate revenue for us
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Goddex: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
Samuel1106:
Oh Nigeria. Who did this to you?
It's so pathetic.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
LilSmith55:
I laugh in Swahili, shey na una go give them joint wey dem go dey Sidon dey beg grin grin grin

You make me laugh come get headache ...shey dem go give dem joint
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by paix(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
Next2Bezee:
Such a shameless decision. Instead of the government to find way to get the beggers of the streets they want to be collecting tax from them sad

Very soon they will start taxing those that live at IDP camps. Useless Government with an even more useless leader.
They may even start taxing the kidnapped victims.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Lorechino(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
Divay22:

At the sound Nigeria,everyone laughs...
It's so funny
yes .....love ur DP THOUGH

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by mechanics(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
hmmmm.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 16, 2017
Babi allah kobo kobo grin grin grin

Tax beggars? Very funny
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by suremanpatriot: 4:01am On Jul 16, 2017
Hope it's untrue...this should never happen,otherwise the repercussion is severe cause on those plotting this evil.
...ppl who hav none, survive on alms and offer prayers in return. The beggars must not be oppressed to being poorer and more hungry under any policy guise. It is beta for destitutes to beg for alms than to be forced to bcom accessories to rob.

Is this how to generate revenue for goodness sake,who is doin this?

Wht of the overbloated annual budgets of wages and jumbo allowances of less than 500 people parading themselves as FEC ministers and National Assembly ppl? Their pays are grossly excessive and must all be pegged to civil services salary scales to instill sanity,equity and promote socio-economic justice in the nation.
Take it or leave it Buhari govt has recorded loads of progress,but some ppl surrounding him are doin things to erase his legacies.This is evil politics ,this ppl suggestin things lik this are the culprits,they are evil.
...they should neva provoke the beggars to strike :- undecided
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by newdawn2017(f): 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
anaton:
This shit cant happen in my country.Thank God I'm from the republic of Biafra.
Olooku! undecided
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by anaton(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
newdawn2017:
Olooku! undecided

Ode grin
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by newdawn2017(f): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2017
anaton:

Ode grin
wicked man!
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by anaton(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=newdawn2017 post=58540509] wicked man![/quote

Mister man,BEHAVE!

I'm not wicked.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by newdawn2017(f): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=anaton post=58559737][/quote]2 thinks d@ u down played d sufferings if ur fellow human, thus trivializing it by ur uncompassionate statement.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Houseofglam7(f): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
ideology:
hahahhahahha, There was a country ... cheesy
Houseofglam7 pls what do u have to say!
There was a country grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'I Have Been Assaulted By Ladies Mostly' - Former Lagos Uber Driver Tweets / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know / What Is That Bad Habit You Wish To Leave In 2017?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.