Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Mr Right - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mr Right (152905 Views)

Mr Right Crush ( A Story By Christopher Stanley) / Mr. Right? / Mr. Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Right by mcjesuspikin(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
oruchechuks:
I bumped into your story on the front page. Let me say congratulations. It shows you are doing a great job.
I have seen many praises to your work from your readers and let me add a few critics to the story because good or bad, critics are a way of boosting writers moral and confidence on story telling. Here are my few critics:

1. TYPOS: Typos no matter how small are turn off for readers. They are like pot holes on a fast ride. You won't want your readers to pause for while while they make some spelling corrections. I will advice you read all over at least twice before you post or you can make use of office reader to automatically detect typos as you prepare your work.

2. BE SPECIFIC ON CHARACTERS: When more than two characters are having a conversation, try to be specific on the character that is speaking. For example when Amanda's father and Ross where in Amanda's office together with her mum, you were repeatedly using 'he said' for the conversation of both men. This makes it difficult to know who is speaking. Why not try to mention their name at the end of their word. Try and work on that aspect as well.

3. DESCRIBE, NARRATE, EXPLAIN: Yes describe! Narrate! Explain! descriptions are like spices to your work. It paints the mental pictures to your readers and also makes your work full. No reader will be complaining of short updates if you kill them with loads of beautiful descriptions about the governors house, Amanda's house, office, and other environments. Believe me you will love it yourself when you use description very well.

4 MAKE IT REAL: Yeah, although it's a friction but make your story line as real as possible. This is Nigeria and your story is about a Nigerian character, so it will be real enough if Amanda's age is around 27 or 28. At least that will be real enough to tally with her achievements. The 21 year old you pegged it is not that realistic.

These are my few critics for now. I will love to see you work on them as you have a very superb storyline. Please don't be discouraged or disappointed, it is not easy to write and I commend you for this. I will be following your story and will like to see your improvements.

Well done!
interesting.... I will need ur help please

1 Like

Re: Mr Right by Damtola(f): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
Wat wrong no update yet
Hope u ok
Re: Mr Right by 123456dr(f): 10:17am On Aug 15, 2018
**********Episode 51**********
Later in the evening they discharged them Amanda was glad, during the drive home Amanda nearly strangled Jason to death...he was driving at a very slow pace.

"You are really annoying me...with this your driving...I'm sure if not for your plate number you would have been stopped what is the meaning of this",Amanda said angrily as she breastfed her daughter.

"Please she should enjoy her first ride ever and I was to be careful passing every bump", Jason said smirking at her.

"Those thathave daughters, Amanda said and started laughing.
Amanda grumbled as she heard the baby monitor beeping,she looked at the bedside clock 2:00am she looked through the glass door differentiating their room from the nursery and saw her daughter tossing,she smiled and dragged herself up.

Jason woke up to soft nursery rhymes playing quietly, he turned and saw the Television in the nursery on while Amanda sat on a rocking chair with their daughter in her arms,he got up and walked towards them.

"She doesn't want to go back to sleep??,Jason asked leaning on the door.

"Yeah...and I'm tired I haven't had proper rest...I didn't know it would be this hard ",Amanda said wiping a stray tear from her cheeks.

"Shhh...we'd get through this...you remember when you said she was worth every itch,heartburn,nausea,spitting,morning sickness,tears and scare...She's going to be worth every penny we spend,every sleepless night,every tear and every fast and I'm going to be with you through it all...I'm going to be a hands on Dad...we are in this together...remember my vows I'd be your husband no breaks,no sick leave,no vacations,no closing time all second,minute,hour,day,week,month and year long...okay??",Jason said enveloping his family in a hug.

"Good...you might as well do your share of the vigilante...I'm done",Amanda said placing the baby in his hands and started walking away.

"God...you are such a party pooper", Jason said laughing.
"So have you both decided on a name yet"jason's mother asked cuddling the baby.

"We had a name picked since we found out the sex,Jason said.

"What is it",she probed further.

"Since we couldn't agree on an English name we gave her two then I picked the igbo name while my Baby picked the yoruba,Jason said excitedly.

"Out with it already",Belina said laughing.

"Crystal...I gave her that,Amanda said excitedly.

"Sparkles",Jason said.

"Oluwadarasimi",Amanda said.

"Kamsiyochukwu,Jason said softly to get the name out right.

"Jason",both of them choursed.

"Wow...the names are cute,jason's mother cooed.

"So in essence one person's name is Crystal Sparkles Oluwadarasimi Kamsiyochukwu Jason"Belina said nodding "It's alright I'm patiently waiting for baby's number two",She said picking her teeth.

"For??",Amanda asked immediately making everyone start laughing.

TBC.

5 Likes

Re: Mr Right by Ann2012(f): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
Interesting
Thanks for the update
Re: Mr Right by skubido(m): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
tanks OP. more
Re: Mr Right by Damtola(f): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Tanx fr d update
Re: Mr Right by oruchechuks(m): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
mcjesuspikin:
interesting.... I will need ur help please
Oya hit me! grin
Re: Mr Right by pweetygiftofGod(f): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
Baby no 2 grin
Re: Mr Right by mcjesuspikin(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
oruchechuks:
Oya hit me! grin
Am writing a story IN THE NAME OF LOVE.... don't no if we can talk privately on this
Re: Mr Right by Damtola(f): 11:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
123456dr hope u ok, all z well
Re: Mr Right by oruchechuks(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
mcjesuspikin:

Am writing a story IN THE NAME OF LOVE....
don't no if we can talk privately on this
You can inbox me. Meanwhile lemme check up on your work. �
Re: Mr Right by 123456dr(f): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
**********Episode 52**********
Jason watched Amanda as she moved from one place to another ensuring that their guests where properly taken care of as it was both Christmas and Crystal's naming ceremony.He smiled at his cousins even if they didn’t really like Amanda they adored Crystal and would carry her at the slightest opportunity.

"Son...where is your wife?",Mr.Ross said tapping Jason on his shoulder.

"Ummm....she should be inside somewhere I think she's feeding Crystal",Jason said looking around.

"Well...go find her,tell her to meet me outside ASAP", Mr.Ross said.

"Why",Jason asked suspciously.

"None of your business",Mr. Ross said waving him off.
"Hello beautiful",Jason said as he entered the room and saw Amanda feeding Crystal.

"Hmmm...are you talking to me or your daughter",Amanda scoffed burbing Crystal.

"What do you mean, that I don't call you beautiful",Jason asked placing light kisses on her lips.

"Not since she arrived you haven't",Amanda said avoiding his kisses.

"Jealous much?, Jason asked smiling.

"You wish", Amanda said giving him a satisfied Crystal.

"Whatever...my dad wants to see you downstairs now",Jason said rubbing his nose against Crystal's.

"Why...have more government officials or business associates arrived",Amanda asked adjusting her gown.

"Don't think so", Jason replied.

"Oh...okay","Are you not coming",Amanda asked as she got the door.

"We'd be right down", Jason said with a wink.

"Okay",Amanda said and walked away.

Jason quickly pressed the combination for unlocking the safe in the room got out a small gift box and stuffed it into his pockets.
As Amanda joined the party downstairs her father in law hit his wineglass with a spoon to get everyones attention.

"When my son brought Amanda home as his wife even as I had known her fats since we were five...I fell in love with her all over again,Amanda had always been different, she's not only beautiful...She's smart and homely.She started her empire by her 22nd birthday and now it is the biggest housing agency in Lagos....this is just a starting point Honey.Now imagine my joy as this person was to become my daughter in law..the daughter I never had and the very best of them all and to top the whole issue she made me a grandfather to a very beautiful baby girl...it's been blessing all around since you came into our lives and I want to use this medium to thank you for being there and for the beautiful baby you have brought into this family I really appreciate...on behalf of my wife and I, I present you this token of appreciation",Mr.Ross said dipping his hands into his pockets her brought out a car key.

Amanda screeched as the entire place went agog with shouts and clapping . Amanda rushed into his arms, after she got out of the embrace she snatched the keys and ran out while others followed her outside...when she clicked the button on the car key she was greeted with the beeping sound coming from a Lexus GX470.She squealed in delight.

"Family car...we are expecting more grand babies really soon",Patricia jason's mother yelled while everybody went into bouts of laughter.

Amanda entered into the car and started it when she got down she went into her father in law's embrace.Before she went to hug her mother inlaw then Jason.

Jason waited until everyone had calmed down before he handed Crystal over to his mother and took Amanda into his arms. "I'm not a man of many words...I'm not going to read you an epistle like my father did to show you how much I appreciate you and love you and the little bundle of joy and excitement you've brought into our lives and I know how much you love my car so I got you the same type, to tell you..thanks for the early Christmas gift and for giving me a shot at fatherhood",Jason said dipping his hands into his pockets and brought out the gift box and handed it over to her.

Amanda took a step back with her hands over her mouth...then without a head's up she jumped on him but Jason caught her easily.When she got down again she rushed outside and saw the sleek black brand new Range Rover parked...Amanda went back into his arms but this time she kissed him so well he started hardening. She pulled away when she felt it and smiled."When the six weeks wait is over I'd ride you to heaven and back",Amanda said with a wink and laughed at jason's shocked expression.

P.S: EVEN ME SEF HAVE TIRE FOR MYSELF BUT DAMN IF I SHOULD GIVE YOU A SNEAK PEEK INTO MY LIFE IT'S QUITE A STRESSFUL ONE...SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE THAT REACHED OUT TO ME kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Mr Right by Ann2012(f): 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks for the update dear
Re: Mr Right by Teehsticckz(m): 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
Just finished reading...Keep it up boss
Re: Mr Right by pweetygiftofGod(f): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
Speechless smiley

Thanks for remembering us
Re: Mr Right by mercyymai(f): 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
Welcome back and thanks for the update
Re: Mr Right by skubido(m): 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: Mr Right by Damtola(f): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Welcome back. Tanx fr d update
Re: Mr Right by 123456dr(f): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2018
***********Episode 53***********
Jason watched Crystal as she tried to push her fist into her mouth and smiled,have found her movements cute with each passing second she looked more like Amanda with her almost white skin,brown eyes,pink lips and a head full of hair,Amanda spends a fortune only on her hair products and the results were amazing.

"You know if you keep staring at her you'd be late for work right",Amanda said walking into the room with a hot water flask in her hand.

"I know...She's just too cute...no guy is ever coming close to my princess",Jason said tearing his eyes from the crib.

Amanda scoffed and entered into the bathroom,she got out immediately and saw Jason struggling with his tie."When will you ever learn",She said slipping between him and the dressing table and started fixing his tie.

"Whenever you are ready to teach me", Jason said his voice a little bit husky.

"Ummm um...you are late",Amanda said waving her index finger at him.

"I'm my own boss",Jason said before taking her lips in he's two minutes later Jason dropped her on the bed with his lips still on hers he removed her robe,nightie then her undies.

"Baby wait!...you know the six weeks wait is not over",Amanda said panting for breath.

"I know...I'm not going in",Jason said before covering her lips with he's.

Thirty minutes later Amanda managed to get up from the bed,she was bone tired,Jason had sapped out all her energy.She picked up a cranky Crystal from her crib.

"Don't fall for a fine,rich playboy...in fact someone like your daddy they ain't good for our health", Amanda said as she pulled off Crystal's onesie.

Two hours later Amanda was ready for the hospital they had to take the four weeks shot.Amanda looked at Crystal again to make sure her dressing was on point.She wore her a black and white stripped long sleeved shirt,black jean trouser and a white addidas sneakers.Amanda looked through her collection of pouch carriers then settled for a black one.

"Which car should I go with",Amanda asked Crystal,Crystal gave her a wet smile."This one",Amanda said waving the Acura keys in her front,Crystal turned away "This one",Amanda asked waving the Range Rover keys then Crystal reached out for it."Range Rover it is...you have a good tastefor cars just like your father now don't you"Amanda said pulling her cheeks softly.

TBC.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Right by yewande1234(f): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thanks 4 d update, soooo loving dis
Re: Mr Right by Ann2012(f): 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Mr Right by Damtola(f): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lovely
Re: Mr Right by 123456dr(f): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
**********Episode 53 Cont'd**********
Anthony,Amanda's driver pulled up at Jason's company parking lot and turned around to open the door for Amanda but she was already out.

"Please help me carry the bag and car sit to my husband's office", Amanda said as she adjusted Sparkles who was being cranky for no reason.

As Amanda walked into the building all the workers in the reception surrounded her trying to get a glimpse of Sparkles while Amanda started laughing as Sparkles started whimpering.

"My baby is not used to all these attention", Amanda said with a smile dancing on her lips.

"She's so cute", the receptionist said excitedly as she touched her cheeks.

"Please excuse us it's time to eat," Amanda said apologetically and pulled away for the crowd.

"Look who is here", Amanda said as she opened Jason's office door.

"Heey...Darling", Jason said walking up to them and planted a soft kiss on Amanda's and took Spakles from her while Amanda made herself comfortable on one of his sofas.

"So where are we going for lunch" Amanda asked taking Sparkles from him to fed her.

"You pick and give her formula you are not at home", Jason snapped.

"No...they are full and I'm not with my pumping machine", Amanda said not even looking up at him.

"You and I know I'm not a fan of you breast feeding when you are not in the house", Jason said as he locked the door to avoid anyone from barging in.

"As they are full what do you want me to do or I should leave it to start leaking", Amanda snapped.

"That was why I got you a portable one", Jason said.

"So in essence I should be taking a pumping machine any where I go", Amanda asked obviously pissed.

"Isn't that why it is portable", Jason retorted.

"I have no idea what is eating you up but don't you dare transfer your aggression out on me...Infact eat lunch alone we are going home and guess what I wanted to tell you after lunch... This body is healed enough to be active in the bedroom but now the six week wait is back on", Amanda picked up her phone to order an Uber when Jason snatched it from her.

" Ah ahn...somebody cannot play with you...I'm sorry...the thing is... Seven million naira is missing and I can't figure out where it went",Jason said and watched her eyes widen.

"Seven what!!", Amanda said ending Sparkles eating session." How?...when did you notice?...have you had a meeting with your chief accountant ",Amanda asked hurriedly as she burped Sparkles and adjusted her cloth.

As if Sparkles knew her parents where about to get busy she fell asleep five minutes later . Amanda gathered all the files on Jason's desk and laid them out on the floor for more space, while Amanda was doing the calculations Jason kept massaging her shoulders. Then he started kissing her neck as his hands slipped to her melons.

"Come on...leave me alone...you better Start working on those files over there...do you know what that money will do...it will cover at least half of our child's elementary school education and we've not even started reproducing... You are not getting it until we've made a head way with where this money went",Amanda said her voice laced with a warning note.

"what about a quickie....let's just do test run if everything is in place...to clear possible cobwebs", Jason said slipping his hands into her shirt.

"Don't worry you did a proper clean up this morning", Amanda said focusing on the files.

"Perks of getting married to an Igbo woman",Jason grumbled picking up the paper she asked him to work on.

TBC

P.S:Please you guys should not be offended I know I'm effing up but I've been busy.I really am sorry kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Mr Right by Ann2012(f): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Mr Right by skubido(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update ooo
Re: Mr Right by Mayreeyam(f): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2020
Madam it's been ages hope you are good
Re: Mr Right by sheba222(f): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2020
We are stil waiting
Re: Mr Right by GodShowmemercy(f): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
(8 cool
Re: Mr Right by MissRelly: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Wow!! Thank God I met this story
I'm seeing Jason becoming a wonderful father and an amazing husband but The seven million naira is another wahala oh
Re: Mr Right by Dacaller: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
well-done MA..... but 2yrs waiting no b jokes.....i beg come complete the story...... God bless you
Re: Mr Right by drewsman: 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
3 years waiting now. I think this thread should be officially closed

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.