Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion (4767 Views)

Arguments Against Intelligent Design / Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
CoolUsername:

I agree that evolution and deism are compatible but evolution is the antithesis of intelligent design.

And if you really think that evolution doesn't have a wealth of evidence then you are denying reality.

Do you really understand the meaning of the word "wealth"?

an abundance of valuable possessions or money

now note the word " abundance"

If we have abundance of valuable evidence, while is it subject to debate and argument?
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by CoolUsername: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
onyenze123:

Do you really understand the meaning of the word "wealth"?

now note the word " abundance"

If we have abundance of valuable evidence, while is it subject to debate and argument?

It's really not subject to debate. No respectable scientist in the concerned field does so. Your logic is extremely flawed, does the fact that some people debate that the earth is flat mean that there isn't a wealth of evidence that it is spherical?

4 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
CoolUsername:

It's really not subject to debate. No respectable scientist in the concerned field does so. Your logic is extremely flawed, does the fact that some people debate that the earth is flat mean that there isn't a wealth of evidence that it is spherical?

We are talking about ratio here. What is ratio of for to against?
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
CoolUsername:

Can you provide the just 1 out of the wealth of evidence supporting evolution.

And please not adaptation or variation...

You really should search the meaning of the word "wealth".

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by CoolUsername: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
onyenze123:

We are talking about ratio here. What is ratio of for to against?

Show me one 21st century research paper published by a reputable scientific journal against evolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6836637634

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by CoolUsername: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
winner01:
Can you provide the just 1 out of the wealth of evidence supporting evolution.

And please not adaptation or variation...

You really should search the meaning of the word "wealth".

There's no distinction between adaptation and evolution. You shouldn't try redefine well understood scientific terms.

Anyway, the fossil evidence clearly shows the emergence of new species that never existed before ie: There are no rabbits in Devonian rock. Not that there are statistically fewer rabbits, there are absolutely zero.

Seriously, if you can disprove evolution, quickly publish your paper and collect your Templeton prize. Don't miss this opportunity to make a name for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by GoodMuyis(m): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
CoolUsername:

It's really not subject to debate. No respectable scientist in the concerned field does so. Your logic is extremely flawed, does the fact that some people debate that[b] the earth is flat[/b] mean that there isn't a wealth of evidence that it is spherical?

oyinbo scientist are not wise, UP is up and Down is down
It is we Nigerian who go upandan, come-and-be-going who should be saying earth is round grin grin grin

#Joke
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by Deicide: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
I have just noticed something winner01 is felixmoron grin i don't have evidence I just feel it in my heart cool
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
Deicide:
I have just noticed something winner01 is felixmoron grin i don't have evidence I just feel it in my heart cool
Na so na grin, and deicide is cutemadridsta, dalaman is Seun, while aaronsod is johnydon22.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2018
You won't see that stupid dalaman here grin
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by dalaman: 12:55pm On May 06, 2018
winner01:
You won't see that stupid dalaman here grin

grin grin. Ogbeni no go get heart attack because of me oo.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2018
dalaman:

grin grin. Ogbeni no go get heart attack because of me oo.
At least I go get heart attack go dey enjoy with God, you know say if you get heart attack because of Christians, your own don kpeme be dat tongue
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by dalaman: 1:01pm On May 06, 2018
winner01:
At least I go get heart attack go dey enjoy with God, you know say if you get heart attack because of Christians, your own don kpeme be dat tongue

That remains your imaginations and fantasy. No go get heart attack because of me.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 1:10pm On May 06, 2018
dalaman:

That remains your imaginations and fantasy. No go get heart attack because of me.
This one wey anything God dey repel you, na die you dey die small small o
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by dalaman: 7:20am On May 07, 2018
winner01:
This one wey anything God dey repel you, na die you dey die small small o

No God can do anything to me because all God's are imaginary man made ideas and concepts.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2018
dalaman:

No God can do anything to me because all God's are imaginary man made ideas and concepts.
Issokay if you think so, lass lass you go dey alright. smiley
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by dalaman: 1:33pm On May 07, 2018
winner01:
Issokay if you think so, lass lass you go dey alright. smiley

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by Gggg102(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2018
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by Gggg102(m): 7:42pm On May 07, 2018
dalaman:

do you believe the above?

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by dalaman: 4:44am On May 08, 2018
Gggg102:

do you believe the above?

The above is a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by Gggg102(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2018
dalaman:

The above is a fact.
then you believe the fact?
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2018
Gggg102:

then you believe the fact?
He will not answer this. smiley
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by sKeetz(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2018
Intelligent design yet there are more than 4000 genetic diseases. Where's the intelligence in that? Lol
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 1:00pm On May 13, 2018
sKeetz:
Intelligent design yet there are more than 4000 genetic diseases. Where's the intelligence in that? Lol
Can you design something more intelligent?
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by sKeetz(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2018
winner01:
Can you design something more intelligent?

are you comparing me to a so called omnipotent being? He should know better.

2 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 1:08pm On May 13, 2018
sKeetz:

are you comparing me to a so called omnipotent being? He should know better.
No, I'm not, I'm simply seeking to know if there's another model you can compare the human body with.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by TheEminentLaity: 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
You really should stop this silliness. Personally, I think you're quite intelligent to be spewing such ignorance in defence of your beliefs. Intelligent design my nuts. if your god designed human species, then he is not so intelligent afterall.

You are so ignorant about evolution and the human genome and it's a shame you refuse to learn after all these years yet you spend so much time posting religioscience crap here.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

if it's not too long for you to read...and btw that was 16 years ago.

I suggest you also read this book "The Not-So-Intelligent Designer: Why Evolution Explains the Human Body and Intelligent Design Does Not"

I get it, you don't want to go to hell (falling away of the saints in the last days) or lose your nairaland religion section allies if you follow the evidence.

If you need good books or recent journal publications I could get them and send you for free. Put your brain to good use and leave the religious looneys alone.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by sKeetz(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2018
winner01:
No, I'm not, I'm simply seeking to know if there's another model you can compare the human body with.

....Compare the human body with?? In what terms are you asking? The human body as we know it now is as a results of millions of years of evolution by means of natural selection. The evidence to this is in every sphere of life such as in bacteria, dogs and even whales.

The claim that life forms and the universe must have been intelligently designed is riddled with fallacies which I could go into details if you would permit me. If everything was designed, what can we make of a designer that has left billions of his designs to die of diseases,wars, natural disasters and starvation. Your so called intelligent designer, it seems; has a very poor maintenance culture. It would interest you to know that 98% of species that ever existed on earth are currently extinct. Now, that is surely the handwork of a not so intelligent designer.

Even if an intelligent designer was proven to be true; you'll still have your work cut out for you. You would now have to prove that he is your own version of god; that he needs to be worshiped in the exact manner which you do and that he needs your money in form of tithes etc.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 9:07pm On May 13, 2018
sKeetz:

....Compare the human body with?? In what terms are you asking? The human body as we know it now is as a results of millions of years of evolution by means of natural selection. The evidence to this is in every sphere of life such as in bacteria, dogs and even whales.

Except you're talking about pseudoscience, science is observable. We have observed micro evolution in finch birds, dogs, flies and many other biological organisms. What we have not observed is macro evolution I.e change of kinds.
You can show me just one observable evidence of change of kinds.

sKeetz:

The claim that life forms and the universe must have been intelligently designed is riddled with fallacies which I could go into details if you would permit me. If everything was designed, what can we make of a designer that has left billions of his designs to die of diseases,wars, natural disasters and starvation. Your so called intelligent designer, it seems; has a very poor maintenance culture. It would interest you to know that 98% of species that ever existed on earth are currently extinct. Now, that is surely the handwork of a not so intelligent designer.
This has nothing to do with the validity of the claims of intelligent design. If the design is left to die, it was first created.
This is a totally different argument.

sKeetz:

Even if an intelligent designer was proven to be true; you'll still have your work cut out for you. You would now have to prove that he is your own version of god; that he needs to be worshiped in the exact manner which you do and that he needs your money in form of tithes etc.
I never spoke about God or worship. smiley
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by sKeetz(m): 9:50pm On May 13, 2018
winner01:
Except you're talking about pseudoscience, science is observable. We have observed micro evolution in finch birds, dogs, flies and many other biological organisms. What we have not observed is macro evolution I.e change of kinds.
You can show me just one observable evidence of change of kinds.
Before I answer your question, I would love you to define kind to avoid any confusion.

This has nothing to do with the validity of the claims of intelligent design. If the design is left to die, it was first created.
This is a totally different argument.
It does have everything to do with intelligent design. I mean, with all the genetic disorders, natural disasters etc you still think there is an intelligent designer. Maybe not so intelligent
I never spoke about God or worship. smiley
Oh my bad but this is the religious section and I assumed you made this thread as an argument for your god.
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by 4kings: 9:57am On May 21, 2018
winner01:
Mr man.
You know simple malaria drugs you take is tweaking that "yahweh inspired model" to be "better".

Genetic engineering research to eliminate the weaknesses of the "yahweh inspired" model is in progress and achievements have been made for some decades now.

I guess some humans are smart enough to make your "perfect model" stronger and better for most of you to have the strength to come here and type this.

But hey, Yahweh's model is the perfect one, in some distorted imaginations. undecided
Re: Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion by winner01(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2018
4kings:

Mr man.
You know simple malaria drugs you take is tweaking that "yahweh inspired model" to be "better".

Genetic engineering research to eliminate the weaknesses of the "yahweh inspired" model is in progress and achievements have been made for some decades now.

I guess some humans are smart enough to make your "perfect model" stronger and better for most of you to have the strength to come here and type this.

But hey, Yahweh's model is the perfect one, in some distorted imaginations. undecided
Do we have any other model created by you or anyone so we can have an idea if one model is better than the other?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Question Christians Couldn't Answer. Perhaps You Could! / Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / Apostle Joshua Selman, Pastor Poju Oyemade & Others In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.