Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion (2354 Views)

If You Were Left Behind On Rapture Day, Would You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by lfleak: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
oyewolestephen:
Anyway that is just your opinion
if God can appear supernaturally (not inform of a pastor or someone I know) to me it will go a long way to change my disbelief
technology can illusionize that..
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by lfleak: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Karlovich:
nothing will make me believe in a deity
which means you just don't want to believe even if you know God

1 Like

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by mmachi96(f): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
JackBizzle:
I will believe in God the day a pastor heals an amputee. As in, the leg grows back
I pray u don't die before u see such...cos the outcome of not beleiving might be disastrous.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by MrPresident1: 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
oyewolestephen:
Anyway that is just your opinion
if God can appear supernaturally (not inform of a pastor or someone I know) to me it will go a long way to change my disbelief

Arrogant nonsense. God should appear to you when all the evidence you seek iis inside you? The supernatural evidence that you seek is right inside you.

Go and study Molecular Genetics and marvel at the complexity of your design (even at molecular level), and give your life a new purpose and meaning.

Atheism is concentrated foolishness.

1 Like

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by JackBizzle: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
mmachi96:
I pray u don't die before u see such...cos the outcome of not beleiving might be disastrous.

Lol.....if you too don't believe in the Spaghetti Monster, you might end up in boiling noodles for the rest of eternity.

Lol......the above funny statement is how much I'm afraid of your God and his hell
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by oyewolestephen(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrPresident1:

Arrogant nonsense. God should appear to you when all the evidence you seek iis inside you? The supernatural evidence that you seek is right inside you.

Go and study Molecular Genetics and marvel at the complexity of your design (even at molecular level), and give your life a new purpose and meaning.

supernatural evidence within me? I can't observe that. Moreover how on earth will you be using scientific concept to assert unscientific concept?
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by oyewolestephen(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
lfleak:
technology can illusionize that..
my rationality will get that covered too
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Turks: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
OGA PAY ME MY MONEY!!! Ardent debtor. You've been owing 5k since Last year.

PAY ME BEFORE HEAVENLY THUNDER STRIKES YOU!
oyewolestephen:
supernatural evidence within me? I can't observe that. Moreover how on earth will you be using scientific concept to assert unscientific concept?
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by hfeetham0(f): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
oyewolestephen:
my rationality will get that covered too
your rationality about the earth shape is?
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrPresident1:

Ironic then that those at the very cutting edge of science heavily lean atheist. 93% of members of the the National Academy of Sciences (the most selective, elite organization of American scientists at the cutting edge of their fields with over 200 Nobel Prize winners) identify as atheist. You think you have a better understanding of the "complexity of your design" than they do? And they're foolish, while you're wise? Dey there dey mumu yourself. grin
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by gabe: 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
OP if you can give me ONE proof that exclusively points to God's existence, i'll become a cleaner in your church and worship your God day and night.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by rhektor(m): 1:01am On Jul 17, 2017
felixomor:
Op
They will never answer this question straight.

Because the problem of the atheist is not evidence nor proof

Even if God appears to man physically, an atheist will say some people went to fabricate the reflection.
They can even go as far saying that something as complex as the DNA occurred by random chance.

So no need.

Here is a piece of mind from the typical atheist below.

It is not to get any proof, atheism is a belief system. A belief that there is no God even in the presence of so many evidences. It's a pity many people are lead astray

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by felixomor: 2:13am On Jul 17, 2017
rhektor:

It is not to get any proof, atheism is a belief system. A belief that there is no God even in the presence of so many evidences. It's a pity many people are lead astray

Honestly bro.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by felixomor: 2:22am On Jul 17, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Ironic then that those at the very cutting edge of science heavily lean atheist. 93% of members of the the National Academy of Sciences (the most selective, elite organization of American scientists at the cutting edge of their fields with over 200 Nobel Prize winners) identify as atheist. You think you have a better understanding of the "complexity of your design" than they do? And they're foolish, while you're wise? Dey there dey mumu yourself. grin

Science is not politics
Its not majority versus minority
Scientists like Louis Pasteur, Isaac Newton, Tesla etc were minority opinions when they made their ground breaking discoveries.
Besides Majority of Nobel Winners believe in God......

And if we want to use your political logic of majority vs minority;
Majority of Human beings (almost 90%) believe there is enough Reason and evidence for God
By your logic, atheists are not reasonable people.

1 Like

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by dalaman: 2:30am On Jul 17, 2017
Any God that can heal an amputee through prayers alone in my presence and restore the amputees limbs is enough evidence and proof for me that such God exist and answers prayers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2017
felixomor:

Science is not politics
Its not majority versus minority
Scientists like Louis Pasteur, Isaac Newton, Tesla etc were minority opinions when they made their ground breaking discoveries.
Besides Majority of Nobel Winners believe in God......

And if we want to use your political logic of majority vs minority;
Majority of Human beings (almost 90%) believe there is enough Reason and evidence for God
By your logic, atheists are not reasonable people.

Congrats for completely missing the point of my comment. It's not about who is right or wrong in their belief. I don't really care about that. I was pointing out the massive flaw in the reasoning of the poster who was somehow trying to make it out that his superior understanding of biological complexity somehow makes him a bigger authority on matters of faith. And I'm pointing out that the overwhelmingly majority of truly elite, groundbreaking scientists who would make him and any of us look like stark illiterates identify as atheist. Even the tiny minority who don't identify as atheist do not follow organized religion and your definition of "God" means something very different to them.

And no.....majority of Nobel prize winners do not believe in God. Maybe some of those who win Peace prizes, but certainly not those who win for their research output and scholarly influence.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:34am On Jul 17, 2017
rhektor:

So many evidences? Like the pastor and his family that were crushed at Apapa the other day as they were returning from church, abi? But I guess that is "God's will". Or the church buildings that collapse on top of their worshippers. Or like the small girl who begs with assistants on the road that is probably not even 10-years-old that I see on my way to work sometimes who has a tumor on her jaw that's bigger than her head and almost touching her knees when she sits down. Evidence of God's perfect creation, abi?

Believe it or not, despite your claims, majority of atheists simply have a crisis of faith and they wish they could believe the fantasies other people do. Religion gives us a purpose in life and provides comfort. I wish I could believe that when I die, a glorious future awaits me and my end is not simply rotting in the ground and getting feasted on by maggots, worms, microbes and manuring the soil. I have personal problems in my own life that being religious could have provided great comfort from. There is a joyful bliss in ignorance - like children who believe in Santa and fairies and unicorns. But you can't force yourself to believe what you know are myths.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by felixomor: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Congrats for completely missing the point of my comment. It's not about who is right or wrong in their belief. I don't really care about that. I was pointing out the massive flaw in the reasoning of the poster who was somehow trying to make it out that his superior understanding of biological complexity somehow makes him a bigger authority on matters of faith. And I'm pointing out that the overwhelmingly majority of truly elite, groundbreaking scientists who would make him and any of us look like stark illiterates identify as atheist. Even the tiny minority who don't identify as atheist do not follow organized religion and your definition of "God" means something very different to them.

And no.....majority of Nobel prize winners do not believe in God. Maybe some of those who win Peace prizes, but certainly not those who win for their research output and scholarly influence.
Please try to do some research before disputing facts.
I would have gone on to list other major notable scientists who believe in God and their major contributions.
I will stop here for now.
because Atheism is just so microscopic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by dalaman: 11:07am On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Theism is logical , rational and true.

Atheism is illogical, irrational false, and evil .

The communist governments proved to the world that atheists hate theists and will do anything to annihilate theism and it's adherents

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

Your bible is full of stories about your God commanding hos chosen men to kill others and make sure that he alone is worshipped and yet you are here talking thrash? What is the difference btw the atheistic killers and the prophets of your God in the bible ?
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2017
felixomor:

Please try to do some research before disputing facts.
I would have gone on to list other major notable scientists who believe in God and their major contributions.
I will stop here for now.
because Atheism is just so microscopic.

I don't know where your stats are from, hence can't confirm its veracity. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from a Christian apologetics site or blog. I also note the high number of Jews on the chart. They identify as Jewish as their heritage. That doesn't mean they're Judaism followers.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

lmao !!

Most Nobel Prize laureates are Christians and Jews . Atheists are below 5 percent of the total number of laureates .
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
hfeetham0:
What proof of God existense will Atheists accept? Opinion

To those who believe in God, proof is not necessary. To those who do not believe in God, no proof is possible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:

Your bible is full of stories about your God commanding hos chosen men to kill others and make sure that he alone is worshipped and yet you are here talking thrash? What is the difference btw the atheistic killers and the prophets of your God in the bible ?

According to the atheist , there is no good or evil . So why are you complaining undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sarassin:

To those who believe in God, proof is not necessary. To those who do not believe in God, no proof is possible.

Are you still a pantheist ?
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you still a pantheist ?

Always will be.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Heathen777(m): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
Anything scientifically authenticated. Unproven fairy tales in your book doesn't count though.
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
Heathen777:
Anything scientifically authenticated. Unproven fairy tales in your book doesn't count though.

Cc felixomor

new atheist moniker on the block . I've noticed that old atheist accounts are being deactivated and new ones are being created , obviously by the same atheists.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by 4kings: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Cc felixomor

new atheist moniker on the block . I've noticed that old atheist accounts are being deactivated and new ones are being created , obviously by the same atheists.

Like Tearless? smh cry tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by Dalamama: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

According to the atheist , there is no good or evil . So why are you complaining undecided

According to which atheist creed?
Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by felixomor: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Cc felixomor

Yeah brother.
Its the usual recycling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by felixomor: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I don't know where your stats are from, hence can't confirm its veracity. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from a Christian apologetics site or blog. I also note the high number of Jews on the chart. They identify as Jewish as their heritage. That doesn't mean they're Judaism followers.

Hehehehe, bro just rest.
That stat is far from a Christian website.

Lets not go further
Just relax ehn cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion by rhektor(m): 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

So many evidences? Like the pastor and his family that were crushed at Apapa the other day as they were returning from church, abi? But I guess that is "God's will". Or the church buildings that collapse on top of their worshippers. Or like the small girl who begs with assistants on the road that is probably not even 10-years-old that I see on my way to work sometimes who has a tumor on her jaw that's bigger than her head and almost touching her knees when she sits down. Evidence of God's perfect creation, abi?

Believe it or not, despite your claims, majority of atheists simply have a crisis of faith and they wish they could believe the fantasies other people do. Religion gives us a purpose in life and provides comfort. I wish I could believe that when I die, a glorious future awaits me and my end is not simply rotting in the ground and getting feasted on by maggots, worms, microbes and manuring the soil. I have personal problems in my own life that being religious could have provided great comfort from. There is a joyful bliss in ignorance - like children who believe in Santa and fairies and unicorns. But you can't force yourself to believe what you know are myths.

That's you do not have such tumor means what to you?
Really you have faith crisis? Why not deal with your crisis and leave perfection to God? anyway you ate no different from your boss watch him make a mess of himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MMxxhRMeY

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua? / Should Religious Dogma Be Free From Criticism? / ccc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.