Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Housewives Vs Career Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Housewives Vs Career Women (4186 Views)

"I Slept With Your Husbands" 7-year-old Girl Tells Housewives In Lagos / How Do You Cope With Gossip Housewives As Neigbhours Being A Bachelor? / How To Know Ladies That Will Become Lazy And Dirty Housewives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
There is always an ongoing argument in our societies to determine who is the better wife between full house wives and career women

The first school of thought which supports the house wife believes that she will have enough time for the kids and the husband
Hence, the children will learn good morals and the husband will be happy

The second school of thought supports the carrer woman because they believe she will support the husband financially and be a good role model to the kids
Thus, a career woman can offer a more stable home and a good example for the children on good work etiquette

So which one of the school of thought do you support nairalanders?
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Daniel2289(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Any time. Any day. I go for Career Women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by livelyausta(f): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
Both are good...but with this recession... Career women are better cos of financial stability

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by mofeoluwadassah: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
being a carreer woman is the best o......even men cherish a hardworking woman now

2 Likes

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
being a carreer woman is the best o......even men cherish a hardworking woman now
but our moms were not career women now
At least most of them
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by falconey(m): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
Even before, since the time of lord Frederick luggard.

1 Like

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Dopeyomi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
Career woman is the best..

3 Likes

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Career woman is the best..
why
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by mofeoluwadassah: 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
falconey:
Even before, since the time of lord Frederick luggard.
but the ibo men prefer their wife 2 be a full housewives than going out 2 work.......but i think some of them are already waking up

1 Like

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by phintohlar(f): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Full housewife ke, what is so full in the house that i'll be doing..

3 Likes

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Davidgrey: 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Housewives*

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
Davidgrey:
Housewives*
thanks bro
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
phintohlar:
Full housewife ke, what is so full in the house that i'll be doing..
true sis
But some ladies still prefare it grin
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2017
I have hilighted the advantages for both full housewives and career women, but let me also highlight the disadvantages

1) Now a housewife will have to depend solely on the husband for all her monetary needs, this maybe too much trouble for a man who is not that rich

2)A house wife may have to to agree with everything her husband wants

3)A house wife may start to loose shape because of lack of proper excersise

1)Now a career woman may have little to no time to take care of the children and her husband

2)She may not be willing to agree to the will of her husband most times, hence arguments may always arise with the husband all the time

3)Most career women are not afraid to get divorce because they believe that they can survive on their own

1 Like

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
wait? are there still house wives? in this economy? Buhari must hear this.

2 Likes

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Precial419: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
Even if its pure water i will sell dan stay at home as a full housewife esp in dis age n time where men dnt value deir wifes.

2 Likes

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
Precial419:
Even if its pure water i will sell dan stay at home as a full housewife esp in dis age n time where men dnt value deir wifes.
pure water kwa grin
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Vivipop(f): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
Being a full housewife is one of the toughest jobs ever. I will first shît in my undies before I become one.

4 Likes

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by phintohlar(f): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
sunshineG:
true sis
But some ladies still prefare it grin
no mind dem na lazyness dey worry dem
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Precial419: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
sunshineG:
pure water kwa grin
Oh yes oh like literarilly. The man might be nice at d beginning bt have u thought of times when d luv is declining or 3 to 5 yrs into d marriage. U dnt have a right to ur own spending n it generates insult.
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
phintohlar:
no mind dem na lazyness dey worry dem
I know one lady like that is looking forward to become a house wife
She is even educated
Bsc accounting I think

That is why I created the thread
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
Precial419:

Oh yes oh like literarilly. The man might be nice at d beginning bt have u thought of times when d luv is declining or 3 to 5 yrs into d marriage. U dnt have a right to ur own spending n it generates insult.
but how will you manage to have time for your kids
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Originalsly: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
A wife is supposed to be the glue of the family. A career wife would not have that time to bond the family as a housewife since she would be too busy pursuing her career during the day... and too tired at nights to attend to the eldest child...the husband... and the much younger children. How can such a wife bend the tree when it is young when she is hardly there to do so? Not saying it is bad to have a career.... but it should not take away from the time needed to be a guide and role model to the children.
Housewife is always better to make a close knit family..... but doesn't mean that during down time when the kids are at school she should be watching TV, gossiping or ehmmm....scratching. In this 21st century she should learn some skill or educate herself so she can also make some financial contributions to the household... or step up and be the breadwinner should the husband lose his job..... lose income due to illness... or his finances redirected by one of the many many husband snatchers.
After saying all this crap..... one is not better than the other... too many other factors are involved.

1 Like

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Precial419: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
sunshineG:
but will manage to have time for your kids
Yes a full time house wife will have time for her kids bt if d house is nt homely enough it will nt hav effect on d kids. Five years bck, i would have loved to b a full time hux wife bt after staying at a relative's place for awhile i will nt even tink of it, d humiliation was jux too much even it was nt hapening sometimes i culdnt even stop myself frm crying to sleep altgough sme r lucky.
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Dfinex(f): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
While being a house wife can never be said to be easy, I must say I will rather opt for career as more exposure is gained, mental power is built and financial independence follows.

Career women may likely not have all the time in the world for their family like the full housewives would but I personally think that there is more advantage in that than disadvantage: for example less time for gossips, less time for stalking hubby, even lesser time for nagging plus they try to make the most of the unavailable time - time to them is defined by what is achieved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Precial419:

Yes a full time house wife will have time for her kids bt if d house is nt homely enough it will nt hav effect on d kids. Five years bck, i would have loved to b a full time hux wife bt after staying at a relative's place for awhile i will nt even tink of it, d humiliation was jux too much even it was nt hapening sometimes i culdnt even stop myself frm crying to sleep altgough sme r lucky.
you are right sis
But I also know of a lady who works in the oil company
I mean she is rich and aal but her kids are nothing to write home about
The son smokes and the girls are free givers
True story, what do you have to say to that ?
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Dfinex(f): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
Originalsly:
A wife is supposed to be the glue of the family. A career wife would not have that time to bond the family as a housewife since she would be too busy pursuing her career during the day... and too tired at nights to attend to the eldest child...the husband... and the much younger children. How can such a wife bend the tree when it is young when she is hardly there to do so? Not saying it is bad to have a career.... but it should not take away from the time needed to be a guide and role model to the children.
Housewife is always better to make a close knit family..... but doesn't mean that during down time when the kids are at school she should be watching TV, gossiping or ehmmm....scratching. In this 21st century she should learn some skill or educate herself so she can also make some financial contributions to the household... or step up and be the breadwinner should the husband lose his job..... lose income due to illness... or his finances redirected by one of the many many husband snatchers.
After saying all this crap..... one is not better than the other... too many other factors are involved.

Yeah that's right "one is not better than the other" ....however I'll like to point out that the job of child rearing does not fall on the woman by default. The man and wife are both stakeholders - so therefore being a career woman should in no wise affect child upbringing or the lifestyle of the family in general.

The onus lies on both man and wife to work it out in the most convenient way.
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Dfinex(f): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2017
Dfinex:

Yeah that's right "one is not better than the other" ....however I'll like to point out that the job of child rearing does not fall on the woman by default. The man and wife are both stakeholders - so therefore being a career woman should in no wise affect child upbringing or the lifestyle of the family in general.

Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Dfinex(f): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2017
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Dfinex(f): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
sunshineG:
you are right sis
But I also know of a lady who works in the oil company
I mean she is rich and aal but her kids are nothing to write home about
The son smokes and the girls are free givers
True story, what do you have to say to that ?

I must say that woman is her own problem: it has nothing to do with her job or the fact that she's a career woman cos even if she were to be a full house wife her children would still be the same or worst. I think she has a character flaw which has affected the upbringing of her kids
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Dfinex:

100% sis
Re: Housewives Vs Career Women by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
Dfinex:

I must say that woman is her own problem: it has nothing to do with her job or the fact that she's a career woman cos even if she were to be a full house wife her children would still be the same or worst. I think she has a character flaw wish has affected the upbringing of her kids
but do you think it is possible for a career a woman to be better than a housewife in taking care of children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does This Lady Really Want? Photo. / Don't Let Girls Deceive You With Menstural Pains!! - Redpill / I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.