Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,940 members, 7,852,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof - Politics (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (312689 Views)

Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Buhari's Claims That He Handled Dapchi Better Than Chibok is False - See Proof / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Develpeast: 8:03am On Jul 27, 2017
fairgate that is not richer than 5million pounds that is what someone here is saying is worth over 2billion dollars. Some people's exaggeration can be sickly

https://www.endole.co.uk/company/02314160/fairgate-group-limited
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by SilverSurfer: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Specious Conclusions.Deal with it. Please stop asking questions when you have made up you mind and draw your conclusions, it makes you dubious.
You lots have constituted yourselves into nuisance here. Like I told your brother, I'd be seriously pained too seeing these pictures too. The young man asked you a simple question; Just mention one industry your people have bested the igbos in then we would gladly pick up the gauntlet. This is not propaganda and media hype with no substance whatsoever. Just name one industry... Just one or forever be quite. You lots are petty and laughable.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Develpeast: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2017
Adebayo Ogunlesi is an investment banker who uses other people's money to do business and not his personal money. That is why he is called the managing partner of the company. In other words, he is not the owner of gatwick airport but the managing partner of the company who bought gatwick airport.

Ogunlesi is not the owner of gatwick airport but his company does.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 8:31am On Jul 27, 2017
SilverSurfer:
Shut up! You lots have constituted yourselves into nuisance here. Like I told your brother, I'd be seriously pained too seeing these pictures too. The young man asked you a simple question; Just mention one industry your people have bested the igbos in then we would gladly pick up the gauntlet. This is not propaganda and media hype with no substance whatsoever. Just name one industry... Just one or forever be quite. You lots are petty and laughable.

The thing never pain you reach, you will bang your head the ground before I take you seriously, she your hand and head are paining you or you don't know how to use google.Nwanne beat it, before I strip you of your remaining wretched dignity.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 8:35am On Jul 27, 2017
Develpeast:
Adebayo Ogunlesi is an investment banker who uses other people's money to do business and not his personal money. That is why he is called the managing partner of the company. In other words, he is not the owner of gatwick airport but the managing partner of the company who bought gatwick airport.

Ogunlesi is not the owner of gatwick airport but his company does.

Okay! is that all! But Pascal is the owner of Mtn. Continue, seem stupidity just find all flatinoes attractive.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by SilverSurfer: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

The thing never pain you reach, you will bang your head the ground before I take you seriously, she your hand and head are paining you or you don't know how to use google.Nwanne beat it, before I strip you of your remaining wretched dignity.
Talk talk talk and more talk. I just wish my brothers here would ignore you lots. You've got nothing to argue with. Name one industry the Yorubas have bested the Igbos in before I start taking you serious. This back and forth bickering is not going to help anybody here. Just name one industry, Just one. Bunch of sore losers.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 8:39am On Jul 27, 2017
deomelo:

6.2 billion USD
Mike Adenuga, Net worth

1.62 billion USD
Folorunsho Alakija, Net worth

Kalu networth = $330 million. Poor villager.

grin grin grin grin

Like I said you are dumb, in years to come you will win a Nobel prize with your stupidity. Listing people whose business are political blessings

How does the corrupt criminals net worth translate to his company worth, have you forgotten that he is a criminal and also IBB front man

You numbskull also posted that Abacha's wife hair dresser who can't even compare with our Brittiania who has won several global awards.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 8:40am On Jul 27, 2017
SilverSurfer:
Talk talk talk and more talk. I just wish my brothers here would ignore you lots. You've got nothing to argue with. Name one industry the Yorubas have bested the Igbos in before I start taking you serious. This back and forth bickering is not going to help anybody here. Just name one industry, Just one. Bunch of sore losers.

What is he yapping about, it is like that thing that won't shut up.
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2017
laudate:

3). Intafact beverages - Nobody has ever claimed that a Yoruba man owns Intafact Beverages. Please show me who said it, and where it was said. The point made on the other thread was that a Yoruba man established and owns International Breweries in Ilesa, Osun state. He then sold part of it to a German company, and that German company asked SAB Miller to manage the operations of the Ilesa brewery. Now, tell me, was it Intafact beverages/SAB Miller that established International Breweries in Ilesa? The link to the article was also provided in that thread. So why do you persist in recycling falsehood??

laudate:

Oga, your ignorance is apalling. Ok, let me quote the info directly from the source for you.

I know it hurts you that the company is NOT owned by an Igbo man. Take it easy. No vex you hear. Na God do am!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by SilverSurfer: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Okay! is that all! But Pascal is the owner of Mtn. Continue, seem stupidity just find all flatinoes attractive.
Nigeria Must Not Let the Igbos Leave this Union, By Tony OsborgPremium Times July 11, 2016 #TrueFederalism: Nigeria Must Not Let the Igbos Leave this Union, By Tony Osborg2016-07-11T14:20:08+00:00 Comment (11)
Biafra

Nigeria has a choice to restructure or let the Igbos go. If the Federal Government does not make the right choice, the Igbos will make it for themselves and Nigeria will be the loser. I believe boundaries should be destroyed and not further created in our time, which is why we ought to support restructuring, rather than secession.

I have tried to measure the contribution of Igbos to the development of the Nigerian project and the conclusion I have reached is that Nigeria must do everything possible to get the Igbos to remain within the Nigerian union. They (Igbos) have contributed unprecedentedly to the development of the country in EVERY sector. They are an exceptional nationality, comprising ‘born’ entrepreneurs, industrialists, academics, adventurists, etc. A Nigeria without this set of people and their drive for economic success might be boring and uninteresting.

In terms of their industrial spirit, the Igbo are probably the only nationality that has built several industrial estates across Nigeria. In 1997, an Igbo engineer, Ezekiel Izuogu, produced Nigeria’s first indigenous prototype car in Imo State. Africa was excited by his ingenuity. However, due to financial constraints and dirty Nigerian politics, the Izuogu Z-600 model could not hit the Nigerian market as a mass produced car. His workshop was later vandalised and his efforts destroyed. The dream died. Few decades later another Igbo, Innocent Chukwuma, has launched Innoson cars, making him the first indigenous car producer in and from Nigeria. Anambra and Enugu States alone have over six indigenous estates. By indigenous I mean industrial estates built by indigenes, and with little or no government support. Nigeria’s first indigenous car is made in one of those estates – in Nnewi precisely. The industrial estates are hosts to several other indigenous manufacturing companies, including one of the biggest plastic manufacturing plants in Africa. One would be pleasantly surprised to see what the Igbos are producing in their industrial estates. It will not be wrong to say that Igbos are driving the indigenous manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy with little or no government support. The first indigenous Nigerian company to produce an internationally certified brand of computers, Zinox, is Igbo, by the name, Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh from Imo State. The Igbos dominate the electronics market and have built a series of ‘computer villages’ across the country. Nigeria’s leading pharmaceutical companies – Emzor, Juhel, Orange, Rico, etc. – are Igbo owned. Anabel Mobile, the first indigenous Nigerian phone manufacturer, is also Igbo owned. There are several industrial breakthroughs the Igbos have made in Nigeria than I can presently count.

On the level of trade and retail businesses, Igbos are the most successful traders and retailers in Nigeria, and possibly around the world. Across every Nigerian city, they do not only control the major retail markets, but they equally dominate small and medium scale industries, and are synonymous with the description of being ‘importers’. Their natural inclination towards economic activities has driven them across the globe in search of opportunities. There is hardly a country in the world where you don’t find an Igbo man doing one legitimate or illegitimate form of business. The Igbos have proven to the rest of Nigeria beyond reasonable doubt that they are not lazy people.

In Literature, the father of modern African Literature is an Igbo man by the name Chinua Achebe. His work, Things Fall Apart has remained one of Africa’s most read book, which brought international attention to Nigerian literature. Chinua Achebe remains an inspiration to most African writers.

While the Igbos laid the foundation for political revolutions in Nigeria, today they are demanding for an independent nation. The Igbos like to fight for what they believe in and they always do while damning the consequences of this.

In politics, the Igbo are the only nationality to have successfully executed Nigeria’s first and only political revolution, with the subsequent military coups being merely revenge ploys and schemes for political power. In 1966, a group of senior Igbo officers forcefully took over power and wiped out a set of corrupt politicians in a bloody putsch. Although with the intention of installing the imprisoned opposition leader, Obafemi Awolowo, as president, however the coup was unfortunately altered by another senior Igbo officer, Aguiyi Ironsi, who not only distorted the initial plan but ended up making himself a military ruler and at the same time ended Nigeria’s federalism by decreeing a new form of unitarism. While the Igbos laid the foundation for political revolutions in Nigeria, today they are demanding for an independent nation. The Igbos like to fight for what they believe in and they always do while damning the consequences of this.

The Igbos control a fair share of the oil and gas servicing industry in Nigeria. The biggest indigenous oil servicing contractor in Nigeria today is Igbo owned. The first indigenous and independently (without any shred of government funding) owned gas power plant was built by an Igbo in Aba – the Geometric Power Limited. From haulage to logistics, procurement to real estate, finance, sports, entertainment, manufacturing, engineering to medicine, science, etc., the Igbos have been making Nigeria proud, locally and internationally. The Igbos might be arrogant and even exploitative in their quest for profits and expansionism, yet Nigeria can ill afford to lose them from the union. They technically control the formal and informal sectors of Nigerian economy and they are everywhere making progress, with or without political patronage. I was surprised to find out sometime last year that Igbos still engage in rural-riverine-onshore trading across the remotest villages of the Niger Delta. In this remote village near the Atlantic ocean in Bayelsa State that is only accessible through water and the air, these entrepreneurial Igbos have designed a floating market. They bring in their goods, dock their big boats once in two weeks, make sales and move to another village along that dangerous terrain – a business idea the indigenes of that area have never considered venturing into. The Igbos are definitely risk takers!

In this community where I have stayed for the past few months in Anambra state, the number of modern houses in this non-industrial, non-commercial small Igbo village is more than I have seen in all the oil communities I have visited in the Niger Delta put together. The Igbos are that successful and they always remember to invest in real estate in their home states.

The Igbo influence in the Roman Catholic Church worldwide is amazing. An Igbo, Cardinal Arinze was once rumoured to become the first black Pope! The Igbos have a strong affinity with the Roman Catholic Church and they have made a mark on the church globally.

In contemporary fiscal management, the Igbo states have managed to stay afloat and sustain recurrent and capital expenditures, even when major oil producing states are already endangered. Anambra, Enugu and other Igbo states have proven that there is an economy beyond federal allocations and free oil money.

Anyone who thinks the Igbos cannot survive as an independent nation might need to have a rethink. Just less than four decades after they were defeated in a bloody civil war and denied their property and work spaces across Nigeria, they have risen to produce one of the highest number of billionaires, entreprenuers, and industrialists, etc in Nigeria. They have risen from being a defeated nationality to becoming the dominating factor in the Nigerian economy. They have built indigenous industrial cities, turned out to be the most literate people in Nigeria, dominated several industries and have made Nigeria proud on the world scene. If a people can rise to achieve these with little or no governmental support, one can only imagine what they will become as a republic of Biafra.

Enugu has sufficient coal to power the energy needs of an industrial economy. Anambra, Abia and Imo states have abundant reserves of crude oil and natural gas. They also have access to the sea through the Imo and Niger rivers. Anambra has three commercial and industrial cities concentrating on manufacturing and trade. Ebonyi is the agriculture base of Igbo land; producing rice, salt, and other farm produce. Abia has Aba as an international marketing hub, and over 100 untapped oil wells, with a series of indigenous manufacturing firms.

foraminifera

In contemporary fiscal management, the Igbo states have managed to stay afloat and sustain recurrent and capital expenditures, even when major oil producing states are already endangered. Anambra, Enugu and other Igbo states have proven that there is an economy beyond federal allocations and free oil money. They have scored high in security, education, healthcare, job creation, entrepreneurship, sports, trade, etc.

Many people have argued that the Igbos would lose their investments across Nigeria if Biafra happens. This is an archaic and primitive way of thinking. An independent Biafran nation will not likely alter any Igbo socio-economic relationship with the outside world, Nigeria inclusive. An independent Biafran nation will not stop Innoson vehicles from been sold in Nigerian markets, and also Juhel pharmaceutical products. A new Biafran nation will not stop any Igbo man from being a landlord in Abuja, Kano or Port Harcourt. It will not stop an Hausa man from still trading in Onitsha. An independent Biafran will only give the Igbos a political status in the world order which will in turn further stimulate their reorientation towards profit repatriation to further the development of their homeland and eradicate their perception of a federal neocolonialism as presently engendered by Nigeria’s skewed political system. An independent Biafran Nation has the potential of becoming the Japan of Africa.

I believe true federalism will fix Nigeria and give the Igbos their desired autonomy while remaining as Nigerians. I believe we all have a choice to make true federalism happen as soon as possible before Nigeria reaches the limits of its elastic point.

The Igbos want autonomy and control of their lives without feeling marginalised and oppressed. Nigeria can give them this sense of autonomy, without necessarily losing them. This is the direction every sensible federal leader should be looking at. How do we satisfy the desire for autonomy by the Igbos and other Nigerian nationalities without necessarily losing them as members of the federation? This is where true federalism comes in.

True federalism will not only give the Igbos a sense of autonomy but will equally position them to further drive the national economy through healthy competition and regional integration. True Federalism will enhance the possibility of Igbo land becoming the Japan of Nigeria. It is possible.

Nigeria has a choice to restructure or let the Igbos go. If the Federal Government does not make the right choice, the Igbos will make it for themselves and Nigeria will be the loser. I believe boundaries should be destroyed and not further created in our time, which is why we ought to support restructuring, rather than secession. The Igbos have nothing to lose with their secession agenda, and it is Nigeria that will lose. This is why Nigeria should now be proffering solutions and not fuelling the agitation.

I believe the Igbos will be better positioned under a restructured Nigeria.

I do not believe in secession as a solution even though I respect their right to secession.

I believe true federalism will fix Nigeria and give the Igbos their desired autonomy while remaining as Nigerians. I believe we all have a choice to make true federalism happen as soon as possible before Nigeria reaches the limits of its elastic point.
http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/07/11/173846/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2017
deomelo:

Your akpu rant and breath don begin bore me.

cheesy grin grin

Boring repetitive piece of sh.it, I see I have badly battered you and you have run out of words, I thought you have been running your mouth fool. Oshogbo slum dweller, and disgrace.

You and the other Afonjas on this thread are the most shameless set of Afonjas, after been shamed over and over you liter the thread with your shameful presence. Such disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2017
You are through son of Oduduwa wink wink this was you post in your thread about intafact, until I exposed your lies

laudate:

3). Intafact beverages - Nobody has ever claimed that a Yoruba man owns Intafact Beverages. Please show me who said it, and where it was said. The point made on the other thread was that a Yoruba man established and owns International Breweries in Ilesa, Osun state. He then sold part of it to a German company, and that German company asked SAB Miller to manage the operations of the Ilesa brewery. Now, tell me, was it Intafact beverages/SAB Miller that established International Breweries in Ilesa? The link to the article was also provided in that thread. So why do you persist in recycling falsehood??

laudate:

International Breweries was founded in 1971 by Dr. Lawrence Omole and commenced production in December 1978 with the launch of Trophy lager. We were listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1995.

From humble beginnings, our portfolio has grown and now includes Trophy Lager, Trophy Black, Castle Milk Stout, Castle Lager, Hero, Grand Malt, Betamalt drink and Voltic Water .

Our brewery and corporate headquarters are located at Omi-Asoro, Ilesa in Osun State and with distribution centres in Ibadan, Lagos and Ilorin. http://www.internationalbreweriesplc.com/

Oga, your ignorance is apalling. Ok, let me quote the info directly from the source for you.

I know it hurts you that the company is NOT owned by an Igbo man. Take it easy. No vex you hear. Na God do am!

International brwery was bought by Sab, international brewery only produce Trophy lager, Intafact brands are Castle Milk Stout, Castle Lager, Hero, Grand Malt, Betamalt drink and Voltic Water Dr. Lawrence Omole doesn't have any contribution to Intafact, except his IB

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2017
raker300:
lol...you really dealt a number on that guy. grin
They have not seen nothing yet, I am even blaming myself for allowing them run unperturbed for too long.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2017
afonjadie:

Like I said you are dumb, in years to come you will win a Nobel prize with your stupidity. Listing people whose business are political blessings

How does the corrupt criminals net worth translate to his company worth, have you forgotten that he is a criminal and also IBB front man

You numbskull also posted that Abacha's wife hair dresser who can't even compare with our Brittiania who has won several global awards.

Guy why are so worked up with the whole thing, seem the afonjas have been hitting you guys in raw and rotten spot on your blistered gums of emotions.The Afonja post knocked all igbos ' s achievements real or ostensible into lilliput-Remember Jonathan Swift book about the country of small people.The thing dey pain you. Richest black woman in the world that has been honoured even by Harvard is hair dresser. Omo I have never seen painment so much loaded in one post.
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 8:56am On Jul 27, 2017
SilverSurfer:
Nigeria Must Not Let the Igbos Leave this Union, By Tony OsborgPremium Times July 11, 2016 #TrueFederalism: Nigeria Must Not Let the Igbos Leave this Union, By Tony Osborg2016-07-11T14:20:08+00:00 Comment (11)
Biafra

Nigeria has a choice to restructure or let the Igbos go. If the Federal Government does not make the right choice, the Igbos will make it for themselves and Nigeria will be the loser. I believe boundaries should be destroyed and not further created in our time, which is why we ought to support restructuring, rather than secession.

I have tried to measure the contribution of Igbos to the development of the Nigerian project and the conclusion I have reached is that Nigeria must do everything possible to get the Igbos to remain within the Nigerian union. They (Igbos) have contributed unprecedentedly to the development of the country in EVERY sector. They are an exceptional nationality, comprising ‘born’ entrepreneurs, industrialists, academics, adventurists, etc. A Nigeria without this set of people and their drive for economic success might be boring and uninteresting.

In terms of their industrial spirit, the Igbo are probably the only nationality that has built several industrial estates across Nigeria. In 1997, an Igbo engineer, Ezekiel Izuogu, produced Nigeria’s first indigenous prototype car in Imo State. Africa was excited by his ingenuity. However, due to financial constraints and dirty Nigerian politics, the Izuogu Z-600 model could not hit the Nigerian market as a mass produced car. His workshop was later vandalised and his efforts destroyed. The dream died. Few decades later another Igbo, Innocent Chukwuma, has launched Innoson cars, making him the first indigenous car producer in and from Nigeria. Anambra and Enugu States alone have over six indigenous estates. By indigenous I mean industrial estates built by indigenes, and with little or no government support. Nigeria’s first indigenous car is made in one of those estates – in Nnewi precisely. The industrial estates are hosts to several other indigenous manufacturing companies, including one of the biggest plastic manufacturing plants in Africa. One would be pleasantly surprised to see what the Igbos are producing in their industrial estates. It will not be wrong to say that Igbos are driving the indigenous manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy with little or no government support. The first indigenous Nigerian company to produce an internationally certified brand of computers, Zinox, is Igbo, by the name, Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh from Imo State. The Igbos dominate the electronics market and have built a series of ‘computer villages’ across the country. Nigeria’s leading pharmaceutical companies – Emzor, Juhel, Orange, Rico, etc. – are Igbo owned. Anabel Mobile, the first indigenous Nigerian phone manufacturer, is also Igbo owned. There are several industrial breakthroughs the Igbos have made in Nigeria than I can presently count.

On the level of trade and retail businesses, Igbos are the most successful traders and retailers in Nigeria, and possibly around the world. Across every Nigerian city, they do not only control the major retail markets, but they equally dominate small and medium scale industries, and are synonymous with the description of being ‘importers’. Their natural inclination towards economic activities has driven them across the globe in search of opportunities. There is hardly a country in the world where you don’t find an Igbo man doing one legitimate or illegitimate form of business. The Igbos have proven to the rest of Nigeria beyond reasonable doubt that they are not lazy people.

In Literature, the father of modern African Literature is an Igbo man by the name Chinua Achebe. His work, Things Fall Apart has remained one of Africa’s most read book, which brought international attention to Nigerian literature. Chinua Achebe remains an inspiration to most African writers.

While the Igbos laid the foundation for political revolutions in Nigeria, today they are demanding for an independent nation. The Igbos like to fight for what they believe in and they always do while damning the consequences of this.

In politics, the Igbo are the only nationality to have successfully executed Nigeria’s first and only political revolution, with the subsequent military coups being merely revenge ploys and schemes for political power. In 1966, a group of senior Igbo officers forcefully took over power and wiped out a set of corrupt politicians in a bloody putsch. Although with the intention of installing the imprisoned opposition leader, Obafemi Awolowo, as president, however the coup was unfortunately altered by another senior Igbo officer, Aguiyi Ironsi, who not only distorted the initial plan but ended up making himself a military ruler and at the same time ended Nigeria’s federalism by decreeing a new form of unitarism. While the Igbos laid the foundation for political revolutions in Nigeria, today they are demanding for an independent nation. The Igbos like to fight for what they believe in and they always do while damning the consequences of this.

The Igbos control a fair share of the oil and gas servicing industry in Nigeria. The biggest indigenous oil servicing contractor in Nigeria today is Igbo owned. The first indigenous and independently (without any shred of government funding) owned gas power plant was built by an Igbo in Aba – the Geometric Power Limited. From haulage to logistics, procurement to real estate, finance, sports, entertainment, manufacturing, engineering to medicine, science, etc., the Igbos have been making Nigeria proud, locally and internationally. The Igbos might be arrogant and even exploitative in their quest for profits and expansionism, yet Nigeria can ill afford to lose them from the union. They technically control the formal and informal sectors of Nigerian economy and they are everywhere making progress, with or without political patronage. I was surprised to find out sometime last year that Igbos still engage in rural-riverine-onshore trading across the remotest villages of the Niger Delta. In this remote village near the Atlantic ocean in Bayelsa State that is only accessible through water and the air, these entrepreneurial Igbos have designed a floating market. They bring in their goods, dock their big boats once in two weeks, make sales and move to another village along that dangerous terrain – a business idea the indigenes of that area have never considered venturing into. The Igbos are definitely risk takers!

In this community where I have stayed for the past few months in Anambra state, the number of modern houses in this non-industrial, non-commercial small Igbo village is more than I have seen in all the oil communities I have visited in the Niger Delta put together. The Igbos are that successful and they always remember to invest in real estate in their home states.

The Igbo influence in the Roman Catholic Church worldwide is amazing. An Igbo, Cardinal Arinze was once rumoured to become the first black Pope! The Igbos have a strong affinity with the Roman Catholic Church and they have made a mark on the church globally.

In contemporary fiscal management, the Igbo states have managed to stay afloat and sustain recurrent and capital expenditures, even when major oil producing states are already endangered. Anambra, Enugu and other Igbo states have proven that there is an economy beyond federal allocations and free oil money.

Anyone who thinks the Igbos cannot survive as an independent nation might need to have a rethink. Just less than four decades after they were defeated in a bloody civil war and denied their property and work spaces across Nigeria, they have risen to produce one of the highest number of billionaires, entreprenuers, and industrialists, etc in Nigeria. They have risen from being a defeated nationality to becoming the dominating factor in the Nigerian economy. They have built indigenous industrial cities, turned out to be the most literate people in Nigeria, dominated several industries and have made Nigeria proud on the world scene. If a people can rise to achieve these with little or no governmental support, one can only imagine what they will become as a republic of Biafra.

Enugu has sufficient coal to power the energy needs of an industrial economy. Anambra, Abia and Imo states have abundant reserves of crude oil and natural gas. They also have access to the sea through the Imo and Niger rivers. Anambra has three commercial and industrial cities concentrating on manufacturing and trade. Ebonyi is the agriculture base of Igbo land; producing rice, salt, and other farm produce. Abia has Aba as an international marketing hub, and over 100 untapped oil wells, with a series of indigenous manufacturing firms.

foraminifera

In contemporary fiscal management, the Igbo states have managed to stay afloat and sustain recurrent and capital expenditures, even when major oil producing states are already endangered. Anambra, Enugu and other Igbo states have proven that there is an economy beyond federal allocations and free oil money. They have scored high in security, education, healthcare, job creation, entrepreneurship, sports, trade, etc.

Many people have argued that the Igbos would lose their investments across Nigeria if Biafra happens. This is an archaic and primitive way of thinking. An independent Biafran nation will not likely alter any Igbo socio-economic relationship with the outside world, Nigeria inclusive. An independent Biafran nation will not stop Innoson vehicles from been sold in Nigerian markets, and also Juhel pharmaceutical products. A new Biafran nation will not stop any Igbo man from being a landlord in Abuja, Kano or Port Harcourt. It will not stop an Hausa man from still trading in Onitsha. An independent Biafran will only give the Igbos a political status in the world order which will in turn further stimulate their reorientation towards profit repatriation to further the development of their homeland and eradicate their perception of a federal neocolonialism as presently engendered by Nigeria’s skewed political system. An independent Biafran Nation has the potential of becoming the Japan of Africa.

The Igbos want autonomy and control of their lives without feeling marginalised and oppressed. Nigeria can give them this sense of autonomy, without necessarily losing them. This is the direction every sensible federal leader should be looking at. How do we satisfy the desire for autonomy by the Igbos and other Nigerian nationalities without necessarily losing them as members of the federation? This is where true federalism comes in.

True federalism will not only give the Igbos a sense of autonomy but will equally position them to further drive the national economy through healthy competition and regional integration. True Federalism will enhance the possibility of Igbo land becoming the Japan of Nigeria. It is possible.

Nigeria has a choice to restructure or let the Igbos go. If the Federal Government does not make the right choice, the Igbos will make it for themselves and Nigeria will be the loser. I believe boundaries should be destroyed and not further created in our time, which is why we ought to support restructuring, rather than secession. The Igbos have nothing to lose with their secession agenda, and it is Nigeria that will lose. This is why Nigeria should now be proffering solutions and not fuelling the agitation.

I believe the Igbos will be better positioned under a restructured Nigeria.

I do not believe in secession as a solution even though I respect their right to secession.

http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/07/11/173846/

So you think I will read this so long a letter. You know that saying that what has been seen cannot be unseen, I don't allow poo into my mind.
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by SilverSurfer: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

What is he yapping about, it is like that thing that won't shut up.
What are the yorubas really good at. Just mention one thing. No wonder your tribe is well renowned for all talk and no action. How hard enough is it for you to tell me what you guys have done better than the igbos. Propaganda ain't saving you guys anymore. This is the age of internet where every claim can be easily verified. Ogbeni, if you can't list one area your people have bested my people, this would be my last reply to you.

To my brothers, bikonu let's avoid these guys like plague. We shouldn't dignify them with a reply seeing that their aim is to derail this thread.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by SilverSurfer: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

So you think I will read this so long a letter. You know that saying that what has been seen cannot be unseen, I don't allow poo into my mind.
You can stew in your ignorance and hate for all I care. Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2017
SilverSurfer:
What are the yorubas really good at. Just mention one thing. No wonder your tribe is well renowned for all talk and no action. How hard enough is it for you to tell me what you guys have done better than the igbos. Propaganda ain't saving you guys anymore. This is the age of internet where every claim can be easily verified. Ogbeni, if you can't list one area your people have bested my people, this would be my last reply to you.

To my brothers, bikonu let's avoid these guys like plague. We shouldn't dignify them with a reply seeing that their aim is to derail this thread.

Okay nnwanyoma the ummuna has heard and go clean some thing of mine.
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2017
SilverSurfer:
You can stew in your ignorance and hate for all I care. Ciao!

Si anora pretty face.
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 9:02am On Jul 27, 2017
Markfemi2:

you know mst ibo thought all the yoruba companies were foreign companies lol
na our sophistication cause am
another illiterate Afonja, it is amazing to see Afonja illiterates in their numbers, I think Afonjas are unrivaled in illiteracy and can only be compared with almanjiris up north.

This Olodo of the zenith order said Igbo companies are owned by foreigners because they look very professional and global in structure and presence even when majority of our companies are 100% Igbo owned.

Sadly for you they are all 100% Igbo owned, it is Afonja that you should be worried about, who call their share holders company owners even when they are not sitted on the executive board, but simply because the company is citied in Lagos. Cooperate thieves.

You should also bear in mind that the Nit.wit that you quoted was the most battered and disgraced Afonja on this thread, he should be suspending from a tree like the ikoyi link bridge somewhere in Oshogbo, pray for him.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Markfemi2: 9:08am On Jul 27, 2017
afonjadie:
another illiterate Afonja, it is amazing to see Afonja illiterates in their numbers, I think Afonjas are unrivaled in illiteracy and can only be compared with almanjiris up north.

This Olodo of the zenith order said Igbo companies are owned by foreigners because they look very professional and global in structure and presence even when majority of our companies are 100% Igbo owned.

Sadly for you they are all 100% Igbo owned, it is Afonja that you should be worried about, who call their share holders company owners even when they are not sitted on the executive board, but simply because the company is citied in Lagos. Cooperate thieves.

You should also bear in mind that the Nit.wit that you quoted was the most battered and disgraced Afonja on this thread, he should be suspending from a tree like the ikoyi link bridge somewhere in Oshogbo, pray for him.

All you have done here is typical of your tribe
Insult with no facts
The Yoruba boy has shown you all the companies you think are foreign belongs to Yoruba
Sorry I know this pours sand on all your lies
Argue with facts pls

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Shut up you lots are shameless why don't you take up the challenge and stop disgracing your scratched faced clan tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Pascal is the Chairaman of MTN which equates owner, illiterate Afonja, is Bolu the chairman of any of the company overseeing Gatwick Airport, the answer is Capital NO that answers your question, and clearly shows the Afonja cooperate thief is not the owner of the company but a mere share holder by virtue of investing other people's money.

The shameless cooperate thief is not even the chairman of the financial institutions that he represents yet Afonjas shamelessly claim the airport in his name. Thieves, the same way the claim, Next oil towers, Proforce, Toyota, Guinness, Nissan, Tata, Procter and gamble etc. shameless thieves and disgrace.

Go school you say NO, now see your life. Shame Afonja.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Guy why are so worked up with the whole thing, seem the afonjas have been hitting you guys in raw and rotten spot on your blistered gums of emotions.The Afonja post knocked all igbos ' s achievements real or ostensible into lilliput-Remember Jonathan Swift book about the country of small people.The thing dey pain you. Richest black woman in the world that has been honoured even by Harvard is hair dresser. Omo I have never seen painment so much loaded in one post.

See why Afonja are illiterates, see what illiteracy is doing to Afonjas, you are talking about being honored by Harvard have Jonathan not been honored by Harvard? Olodo, I am talking merit and industry awards you are talking honors, that is even given to even corrupt politicians. Olodo afonja show me global industry awards, it's a shame Afonja just make noise online yet can't match the Igbo's on this thread or in reality.

List one industry where Afonjas best Igbo's and you guys are running amok like headless chickens, Oya list one industry award for your criminal politically blessed entrepreneurs and your mouth is shaking, can't you talk again? Shameless illiterates, it is embarrassing how you Afonja illiterates litter this thread with your stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2017
End of discussion grin grin grin

http://cells.pk/tecno-a-chinese-mobile-manufacturer-company-is-all-set-to-hit-pakistan-on-21st-april-2017/

Tecno: A Chinese Mobile Manufacturer Company is all set to hit Pakistan on 21st April 2017
Tecno Launching in Pakistan

As we all know that Chinese Mobile manufacturer companies have already luxuriate great deal of success in Pakistan. The great combination of quality, features and price introduced by these chinese companies has made cell phones accessible to a large portion in the region.

Just like other chinese mobile manufacturer companies tecno also is all set to come to Pakistan soon.

Let’s have a quick look about the basic info of the company:

Founder: Nnamdi Ezeigbo
Motto: Experience More
Founded: July-2006
Headquarter: Hongkong
Area Served: Africa / South Asian Market

As we have already mentioned, Techno mobile is a chinese mobile manufacturer. The company started operations in July – 2006 and is headquartered in Hongkong. The company was founded as Tecno Telecom Limited with its first R&grin (Research and Development) franchise in Shanghai China but later the name was changed to Transsion Holdings with Tecno Mobile facilitating as one of its subsidiaries.

According to a recent report, the company is going to be launched in Pakistan under United Mobile on 21st April 2017. Since, Tecno focused its business on the South Asian Market and Africa where it ranks among the top three most famous cellular brands – the company now, is all set to expand its business into countries such as Pakistan and India.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Markfemi2:

All you have done here is typical of your tribe
Insult with no facts
The Yoruba boy has shown you all the companies you think are foreign belongs to Yoruba
Sorry I know this pours sand on all your lies
Argue with facts pls

Shut up what fact do you need when you are not even making sense?

All the companies you guys listed are not owned by afonjas, that leaves you guys with tailors and cobblers which can't even compare with Onitsha talkless of Aba. Yet you talk about companies and your executives when your executives are political and cooperate thieves.

Incase you missed it, Gatwick, Proforce, Toyota, Jac, Tata, Nissan, Leland, Procter and gamble, Eko Atlantic, Guinness, Ladol, interfact, sab miller, are not Afonja owned you lots don even have any land mark structure in Lagos so you resort to stealing Igbo owned next towers. Thieves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Markfemi2: 9:55am On Jul 27, 2017
afonjadie:

Shut up what fact do you need when you are not even making sense?

All the companies you guys listed are not owned by afonjas, that leaves you guys with tailors and cobblers which can't even compare with Onitsha talkless of Aba. Yet you talk about companies and your executives when your executives are political and cooperate thieves.

Incase you missed it, Gatwick, Proforce, Toyota, Jac, Tata, Nissan, Leland, Procter and gamble, Eko Atlantic, Guinness, Ladol, interfact, sab miller, are not Afonja owned you lots don even have any land mark structure in Lagos so you resort to stealing Igbo owned next towers. Thieves.

grin Okay orji Kalu owns everything even doyin group na Stella Odua

I know the tears in your eyes realising Yoruba control Gatwick and Edinburgh airport
Ladol too
High class sophisticated businesses

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2017
afonjadie:

See why Afonja are illiterates, see what illiteracy is doing to Afonjas, you are talking about being honored by Harvard have Jonathan not been honored by Harvard? Olodo, I am talking merit and industry awards you are talking honors, that is even given to even corrupt politicians. Olodo afonja show me global industry awards, it's a shame Afonja just make noise online yet can't match the Igbo's on this thread or in reality.

List one industry where Afonjas best Igbo's and you guys are running amok like headless chickens, Oya list one industry award for your criminal politically blessed entrepreneurs and your mouth is shaking, can't you talk again? Shameless illiterates, it is embarrassing how you Afonja illiterates litter this thread with your stupidity.

I know it is your you, your thought patterns always give you out, irrational, discourteous, dull, illogical and always inarticulate, sync your thoughts properly and I might join issues with you. It is inequality to join issues with an infant trying so hard to be relevant.

Look up the meaning of illiterate that is your choice word and see how it fits you like a custom made glove. I dont suffer fools I always tell you.
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by GoldNiagara(m): 10:03am On Jul 27, 2017
afonjadie:
Pascal is the Chairaman of MTN which equates owner, illiterate Afonja, is Bolu the chairman of any of the company overseeing Gatwick Airport, the answer is Capital NO that answers your question, and clearly shows the Afonja cooperate thief is not the owner of the company but a mere share holder by virtue of investing other people's money.

The shameless cooperate thief is not even the chairman of the financial institutions that he represents yet Afonjas shamelessly claim the airport in his name. Thieves, the same way the claim, Next oil towers, Proforce, Toyota, Guinness, Nissan, Tata, Procter and gamble etc. shameless thieves and disgrace.

Go school you say NO, now see your life. Shame Afonja.

Did I not say it, telling me pascal is the owner of Mtn shows your depth and slanging match with you is arguing with stupidity in person.

May be it is the anger eating you up, but mind your Concord, syntax and spelling slips, it is terrible really. Fix it I beg.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2017
Those questioning the owner of Tecno, Infinix and Itel mobile I guess the report from Tecon PK will cure your ignorance, Igbos have gone far grin grin

Chinese mobile manufacturers have enjoyed great deal of success in Pakistan. Their combination of features and price has made smartphones accessible to a large segment in the country. Tecno is another Chinese company founded by Nnamdi Ezeigbo that is hoping to follow in their footsteps in Pakistan.

Tecno will be launched under United Mobile on April 21st.

After conquering the African market – in which it ranks among the three most popular smartphone brands – the company is hoping to expand its operations into countries such as Pakistan and India.

Last year, the company launched its much anticipated flagship phones – Tecno Phantom 6 and Tecno Phantom 6 Plus.

Here is a glimpse of what we can expect from Tecno in Pakistan:

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by afonjadie: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2017
Markfemi2:

grin Okay orji Kalu owns everything even doyin group na Stella Odua

I know the tears in your eyes realising Yoruba control Gatwick and Edinburgh airport
Ladol too
High class sophisticated businesses

Oh so no it has changed from Afonjas "own" Gatwick and Edinburgh airports to "control" don't worry reality is still sinking in by the time it sinks in fully and you realize that one Afonja banker has scammed Afonjas you will go head hunting for his wife children and generations to come cheesy grin cheesy I trust Afonjas for that one, dead or alive, heads must roll. grin cheesy

Just patience a little more time now your eyes will clear, while you are at it add Proforce, Toyota, Nissan, Leyland, Tata, Guinness, Procter and gamble, Eko Atlantic, next towers, Ladol, interfact, sabmiller, etc to the list, then let see why Lagos will not witness another flood this week when you realize Afonja entrepreneurs are scammers like their youths. grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (157) (Reply)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2) / 2019 Presidential Election Results (Unofficial, Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.