Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality (4423 Views)

Oshiomhole Asks IGP To Seal Bauchi House Of Assembly, Ashamed To Talk About Edo / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Vladdo: 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
giftft:
Peter Okoye, one of the PSquare brothers has criticised the Federal Government’s plan to stop the shooting of music videos, movies outside the country.

Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed on Saturday said the government is working towards putting an end to the trend.

While responding, Peter said Nigerian artistes have been the ones covering the “shame” politicians
“bring upon the country”.“Another nationality loading,” he added.

Source: BiafraSay Forum
http://biafrasay.com/p/327874/i-am-ashamed-to-be-called-a-nigerian-peter-okoye-says-hints
You see, isn't it funny that Mr Peter Okoye is only ranting now because it affects him directly. History is replete with cases where the arts have been employed as a tool for change - the memories of the Bob Marleys and the Felas come to mind.

I can hardly recall a tune made good by all these crop of Nigerian artistes addressing our current political quagmire. Save for just a few, and I AM NOT SURE, if Peter is among those.

You see, for some reason, if you only sing about female body parts and love peddling because that is where your 'ministry' (market) is, then you are only a part of the problem. You are as good as the politician who's "Nash" you claim to cover, because you are all out to fill your stomachs through "any which way", socially legit or otherwise.

Promoting immoral behaviour and promiscuity as well as corrupt practices all have a common denominator, which is moral decadence.

If you employ that talent in lesson-based songs, addressing social issues, you'd be doing your bit in developing societal conscience in the long run, meaning you would have addressed a significant part of the issues you are ranting about and those rants would have been needless.
Trust me!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Goddex: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
SoNature:

From planning to tax beggars to banning the shooting of music videos, this government is really pushing us!

An Igbo saying goes thus: "A man can cook for the entire public to eat. They will certainly eat and enjoy it. But the day the general public will cook for him, he's truly in trouble."

APC members are gradually compelling Nigerians to cook for them.

Well, dem food go soon don!
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by PenSniper: 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2017
And the same government does not ban itself from going abroad for medical treatment.
Nigeria is due for destruction.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Flashh: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hmm.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Danzakidakura(m): 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
itchie:

See how u occupy a full plot of land with a single dot. Can you make heaven with this kind of character?
this your comment just make me laugh. Hod bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by francisbarrack(m): 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
a p c is mess up. p d p should change d changer . unserious set of people
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

This is what happens when you use your access to the internet for only chanting afonja from mornng to night.
ode... What do u know?
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by RZArecta(m): 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
vedaxcool:

Wailing zombie :anthem I see
yeah whatever tongue hot amala fall on you bro
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Agumbankembu: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
You are not Nigerian, you are Biafran, difference dey.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Rossikki: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
giftft:
Peter Okoye, one of the PSquare brothers has criticised the Federal Government’s plan to stop the shooting of music videos, movies outside the country.

Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed on Saturday said the government is working towards putting an end to the trend.

While responding, Peter said Nigerian artistes have been the ones covering the “shame” politicians

http://biafrasay.com/p/327874/i-am-ashamed-to-be-called-a-nigerian-peter-okoye-says-hints

ANOTHER NATIONALITY LOADING ABI? USELESS FOOL.

WITHOUT NIGERIA YOU'D BE NOTHING.

THE ABROAD YOU GO NOW, COULD YOU AFFORD IT BEFORE NIGERIANS MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE?

IF OTHER SINGERS ARE COMING UP AND ALL THEY SEE IS YOU AND OTHERS GOING OVERSEAS TO SHOOT VIDEOS AND MIX WITH LIGHT SKINNED WOMEN WHOM YOU LOVE SO MUCH, WHAT SORT OF ENCOURAGEMENT/MESSAGE DOES THAT GIVE THEM?

EWU. ABROAD LOVER.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
I said it, I might even move to Equatorial Guinea. Africa is big enough for us all. The idiots have taken over government.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by salford1: 11:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
He thinks changing nationality is like changing shirt. He should wait for biafra joor.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by suremanpatriot: 12:30am On Jul 17, 2017
...this is preposterous!you fight it out in court,because is a breach of rights to international trade. Under the UN charter you cannot curtail human rights that is subversive to human survival and freedom.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by obawinner(m): 1:01am On Jul 17, 2017
most of this artists don't pay tax . yet they fit para for Fg.
Fg self is like putting a cart before the horse.
if they had put the Tourism industry in place then shooting movies outside Nigeria would be inevitable.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by OreMI22: 1:20am On Jul 17, 2017
The type of silly government we have today in Nigeria.

Soon, they will say they are working on a bill to stop Nigerians speaking English in Nigerian movies. It is just crazy the type of things they focus on when there are many responsible issues they can address.

Oya, they should ban the music nah. The Nigerians will quickly adopt citizenship of Tanzania and still shoot their video where they like and their fans will still watch. Shebi they will change dual citizenship laws because of artists? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Masterclass32: 3:46am On Jul 17, 2017
Is this a threat? He can change his nationality to Gabonese for all I care.

But, one must admit that the things that top this govt's priority list at times are amazing. So forcing artistes to shoot music videos locally automatically solves all our raging problems, particularly at this time. I wonder what Mr Lai's reasons for pursuing such an objective could be.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Nwakaumu(m): 6:28am On Jul 17, 2017
Point of correction,peter okoye you are never a nigerian,you are Igbo and a Biafran.You are not an animal,hyenas and jackals,baboons and monkeys, as nigerians claim there are .Its only yoruba and hausa-fulani are nigeria.and they themselves are even ashamed to indetify with thier nigeria.so dont worry yourself
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Neddstark: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2017
Why doesnt he join the Albino retardeen in his Biafra quest?
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by Kingsley1000(m): 7:05am On Jul 17, 2017
YOU WILL SOON BE CALLED A BIAFRAN
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by morbeta(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2017
If beggars will start paying tax, come be shooting of music video aboard ban come be news. Buhari's government is just likening us to cows.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by PDJT: 7:16am On Jul 17, 2017
Vladdo:
You see, isn't it funny that Mr Peter Okoye is only ranting now because it affects him directly. History is replete with cases where the arts have been employed as a tool for change - the memories of the Bob Marleys and the Felas come to mind.

I can hardly recall a tune made good by all these crop of Nigerian artistes addressing our current political quagmire. Save for just a few, and I AM NOT SURE, if Peter is among those.

You see, for some reason, if you only sing about female body parts and love peddling because that is where your 'ministry' (market) is, then you are only a part of the problem. You are as good as the politician who's "Nash" you claim to cover, because you are all out to fill your stomachs through "any which way", socially legit or otherwise.

Promoting immoral behaviour and promiscuity as well as corrupt practices all have a common denominator, which is moral decadence.

If you employ that talent in lesson-based songs, addressing social issues, you'd be doing your bit in developing societal conscience in the long run, meaning you would have addressed a significant part of the issues you are ranting about and those rants would have been needless.
Trust me!

-Very sensible. He is a victim of Nigeria. I pity him.
Re: I Am Ashamed To Be Called A Nigerian– Peter Okoye Says, Hints At New Nationality by IkpuMmadu: 7:18am On Jul 17, 2017
Why can't they create an enabling environment
giftft:

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo ... / Breaking: Israeli Government Grants Broadcast Right To Radio Biafra / Please Who Is The Worst Nigerian President In History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.