Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389723 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
tosinooo:
Congrats on your new feat bro. Still waiting for you to reply your pm.

hi pls check yo mail
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
MackyNaija:
I have been in the U.S for roughly 10 days...

What is different?

* Steady light and water, yet to see any borehole or generator here. Everywhere is calm.

* Hotter weather, sweltering heat. A/C here no be big man.

* The bum short wearing here is on a dangerous level. Chics deh wear that thing Everywhere! If you no get self control, you must enter trouble.

* Guys here wear shorts to classes and almost everywhere, so many of them.

* No public transport here. Without a personal car, trekking naim sure pass - it is worse in the bigger cities without a public transport system. Motor no be big man.

* Here, na all man for himself. If anyone renders assistance to you, abeg thank am well well.

i havent travelled out before but i have watched a lots of movies,youtube videos et al... and am the kinda guy that watches a movie beyond the cast,.. i try to look at the background, the environment and i notice alot of things and this (at bolded) is something which is so normal over there.

for here,.. person go dey use bad eye dey look you.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
MackyNaija:

I hope so too. smiley

Thanks man.

I used an uncle, if one has no guarantor for an apartment managed by a 'property firm' I doubt if they would issue one a space. They offer 9 or 12 month leases/contract from my experience.

'Independent apartments' e.g a building owned by an individual might accept without a guarantor. They also accept month to month payments.

does the guarantor also have to be in texas?
what if the guarantor is in another state?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
MackyNaija:
Still on the hurricane matter...

Nothing much to be worried about at my end, just light rains and No strong winds yet.

Off to bed! See you all when I wake. smiley

and nepa nor even blink for that side undecided ??
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by RIchieSuazo(m): 1:21am On Mar 09, 2018
sonnie10:

I never had problems flaunting my GPA. I graduated summa cum laude. So it is one of my selling points.
Back to your question, there is no creative way to get around it other than to tell them what exactly you have.

Res ipsa loquitur.

If you meet the requirement, see whether you would want to consider joining the America Honors Society. It is good to have their membership on resume.

Lol, abeg the GPA you show them, is it your Naija Uni's GPA or Wes conversion or Tamuk's conversion
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:30am On Mar 09, 2018
AlterEnigma:

does the guarantor also have to be in texas?
what if the guarantor is in another state?
I dont think the state matters.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2018
MackyNaija:

I dont think the state matters.

As long as the guarantor is in US right?

And the guarantor doesn't have to be there in person right?

Concerning the part of drying your clothes afterwards. You didn't talk about the solution you got. Were you spreading your clothes inside your apartment ?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by sonnie10: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
RIchieSuazo:

Lol, abeg the GPA you show them, is it your Naija Uni's GPA or Wes conversion or Tamuk's conversion
US school
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
Phew.....Can't believe i could finish reading this today...From 0 to 30

I must commend ur writing prowess mackynaija...You are the bomb bro
The way u describe or narrate things is totally outta this world..Keep it coming bro..Thumbs up*

Reading ur yankee experiences made me to think and ask myself some questions

Some of the questions are as follows;
1) Between hell and nigeria, which one is better....I guess the answer is hell

2) How do i landed in this Godforsaken country??

3) People usually say 'God is everywhere...I don't think so.....I think devil lives in nigeria together with his comrades of destruction

Everyday, i used to ask myself what am i still doing in this zoo...I pray God should have mercy on me so that i can escape from this hell.

9 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:03am On Mar 10, 2018
AlterEnigma:

As long as the guarantor is in US right?

And the guarantor doesn't have to be there in person right?

Concerning the part of drying your clothes afterwards. You didn't talk about the solution you got. Were you spreading your clothes inside your apartment ?

The guarantor will be calles for verification.

Baba, there's almost no solution. You just have to earn in dollars so when you spend you wouldn't feel bad.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:08am On Mar 10, 2018
Hadampson:

3) People usually say 'God is everywhere...I don't think so.....I think devil lives in nigeria together with his comrades of destruction

Everyday, i used to ask myself what am i still doing in this zoo...I pray God should have mercy on me so that i can escape from this hell.

Am positive that before the end of this year, i would share my own experience and testimony
Hahahaha.. Nigeria better pass hell. grin
Be relaxed, from my accessment of that country, there is no hope for the youths.

The hope here is keeping me alive.
The future is brigt. cool

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 7:18am On Mar 10, 2018
MackyNaija:

Hahahaha.. Nigeria better pass hell. grin
Be relaxed, from my accessment of that country, there is no hope for the youths.

The hope here is keeping me alive.
The future is brigt. cool
Yeah bro
I would join u as soon as i finish my degree
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2018
MackyNaija:

The guarantor will be calles for verification.

Baba, there's almost no solution. You just have to earn in dollars so when you spend you wouldn't feel bad.

lool

thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by DexxyAlebs(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
Made sure I completed this thread o, started yesterday.
MackyNaija:

All the best in your mid semester exams, we expect a perfect CGPA from you sir.

Fall 2018 hopeful. (it is also admission + funding that can help my matter)
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:51am On Mar 13, 2018
DexxyAlebs:
Made sure I completed this thread o, started yesterday.
All the best in your mid semester exams, we expect a perfect CGPA from you sir.

Fall 2018 hopeful. (it is also admission + funding that can help my matter)

Baba, no be beans but we deh push am.

AlterEnigma:

lool

thanks

Enigma, check your mail.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AlterEnigma(m): 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2018
MackyNaija:

Baba, no be beans but we deh push am.

Enigma, check your mail.

Seen and replied.
Thanks for the response
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olatex25(m): 8:41am On Mar 14, 2018
Hadampson:

The way u describe or narrate things is totally outta this world..Keep it coming bro..Thumbs up*

Am positive that before the end of this year, i would share my own experience and testimony
hmm.... have been looking for u everywhere, ur Cameroon visa is ready... dm me for claim � � grin
Hadampson:

hmm.... have been looking for u everywhere, ur Cameroon visa is ready... dm me for claim � �
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
olatex25:

hmm.... have been looking for u everywhere, ur Cameroon visa is ready... dm me for claim � � grin
hmm.... have been looking for u everywhere, ur Cameroon visa is ready... dm me for claim � �
Lol bro
How have u been??
Its been a long time oo
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hadampson:
Lol bro
How have u been??
Its been a long time oo
I am good.
Practising a low key pattern now, my head too full. So many things running through my head.

It's Spring Break all week and I am just home resting.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olatex25(m): 9:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hadampson:
Lol bro How have u been?? Its been a long time oo
abi nah, u don't like me agn nii.... how are you bro
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by successflow(m): 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
hello boss, my interview is fast approaching am just praying my Visa is been granted by the VO.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
olatex25:
abi nah, u don't like me agn nii.... how are you bro
Am doing good oo....and you??
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olatex25(m): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hadampson:
Am doing good oo....and you??
I see... anyway am fine
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by gokuu(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hello Macky,

I wanted to ask how payments for the SEVIS fee works. I’ve heard only people abroad can make payments? You have any comments on this?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
gokuu:
Hello Macky,

I wanted to ask how payments for the SEVIS fee works. I’ve heard only people abroad can make payments? You have any comments on this?

When I paid mine, someone in the US did it for me so that assertion may be right.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by log1(m): 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
gokuu:
Hello Macky,

You can't make the payment in Nigeria. is either someone abroad pays it or you visit nearby Seme in Benin Republic.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Geedhey(m): 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mayorboi:

You don't need to evaluate your transcript when applying to Tamuk. Send your unofficial transcript alongside other application documents then get your uni to send an official transcript upon admission.
Bro plz i wanna apply to TAMUK after apply via apply Texas I just need to mail the supporting doc to graduate studies right
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Geedhey:

Bro plz i wanna apply to TAMUK after apply via apply Texas I just need to mail the supporting doc to graduate studies right
Yep, that's all then you wait, hope and pray admission comes with part tuition scholarship.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Abigalbee98(f): 6:18am On Mar 28, 2018
MackyNaija:

Yep, that's all then you wait, hope and pray admission comes with part tuition scholarship.
sorry....do they give scholarship to d undergraduate students...
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
Abigalbee98:
sorry....do they give scholarship to d undergraduate students...

I haven't heard of any case but they should since, they give 'a lot' to graduate students.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
Oboy how school de go na...i hear say rain wan damage una this week. Lok
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
orbis:
Oboy how school de go na...i hear say rain wan damage una this week. Lok
Better thunderstorm..
I sleep throughout the episode on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. cheesy Na small small thunder I deh hear for dream.

The splatters on the roof are mild so one cannot tell when the rain is heavy.

A friend living around the coast said they experienced tornadoes.

Na serious issue but I deh tight.
Slowly edging into the summer, the sun na wire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.