Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389420 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 09, 2019
lionlee216:

When are you coming back home? cheesy

Boss he will come after you na. na first person to go dey come back first grin grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:42am On Sep 09, 2019
Hadampson:

Wow.. Did i just see a mention from the boss himself MackyNaija... shocked cool

How you dey nah... Hope amerika (in jenifa's voice) dey treat you well smiley

How I no go mention you? Haven't you realised you are the most troublesome person on this thread?? cheesy

I'm good and truly where I live is peaceful, most parts of the country is peaceful.

7 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:48am On Sep 09, 2019
nelem:

nice one brov. keep soaring high. great hearing you after a long absence

Joohan:

Welcome back.

Thank you.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:54am On Sep 09, 2019
WIZGUY69:

Congrats Bro.
What's the cost of the car you're using now?
You deh work for FBI??

I don't know why you are asking but I sold my 05 Camry after graduation, went to the market to buy an 09-11 Camry also leaving my options open for a 12-14 model year but...

saw an SUV at a reasonable price and I switched plans.

I now drive an rx330 03-06 OR rx350 07-15, choose one and check the price online - I prefer carguru5 dot com.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:00am On Sep 09, 2019
lionlee216:

When are you coming back home? cheesy
E be like say malaria deh do you. grin

You say 'coming' instead of going. Continue to deceive people wey no know you. After you go, I go join you 10 years from the date. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:36am On Sep 09, 2019
nelem:

Boss he will come after you na. na first person to go dey come back first grin grin
God bless you! Make lionlee deh jonse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:45am On Sep 09, 2019
A reminder for myself on a few points I need to touch -

Student loans and school rank

Resume and internship, job title and HR department

Skills and online courses - 3dx, cour5era, l1nkedin learn1ng and other open online courses, course projects.

Adjustment of status and Reclassification of residency status

Job search, recruitment agencies, white collar n blue collar jobs

These will be addressed based on my Personal Experiences.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:11am On Sep 09, 2019
There's a garden of Eden cheesy I like to drive thru to and from buying groceries...

Hadampson, see the pishure.

9 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:13am On Sep 09, 2019
Driving thru my beloved 'garden'...

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Snipespeter: 6:24am On Sep 09, 2019
Lovely environment
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 6:37am On Sep 09, 2019
nelem:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 6:45am On Sep 09, 2019
MackyNaija:

How I no go mention you? Haven't you realised you are the most troublesome person on this thread?? cheesy

I'm good and truly where I live is peaceful, most parts of the country is peaceful.

grin grin

Seeing is believing. It's obvious from the pictures you shared with us. Continue to glow in God's grace

God of mercy, shower your blessing on me

Make una come mark attendance o.. The boss is back cool

cc: Predstan, Iamboladee, Subomi007, HeWrites

Abeg where is AngelicBeing undecided the only patriotic citizen of Nigeria that i know grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 6:49am On Sep 09, 2019
MackyNaija:
There's a garden of Eden cheesy I like to drive thru to and from buying groceries...

Chai... We dey come join you for this garden of Eden... No be only you like better thing cheesy smiley
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 6:54am On Sep 09, 2019
MackyNaija, things has changed in your absence. We now have pidgin2 husband on this section. His moniker is timesup. If you see any post from him, please don't reply him biko make hin no derail the thread

7 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Predstan: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2019
Hadampson:

Chai... We dey come join you for this garden of Eden... No be only you like better thing cheesy smiley

No forget ur Germany ooo... Leave US for people wey like am
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 7:25am On Sep 09, 2019
Predstan:

No forget ur Germany ooo... Leave US for people wey like am

grin grin

You no say i no fit leave my Germany for United States of America nah... But as i dey so, any way na way... Buhari don frustrate me tire for here cry tongue
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Predstan: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2019
Hadampson:

grin grin

You no say i no fit leave my Germany for United States of America nah... But as i dey so, any way na way... Buhari don frustrate me tire for here cry tongue

Lol
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by hammed71(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2019
Hadampson:

grin grin

That is to say all way na way, but as long you enter legally, no wahala
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by WIZGUY69(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2019
MackyNaija:

You deh work for FBI??

I don't know why you are asking but I sold my 05 Camry after graduation, went to the market to buy an 09-11 Camry also leaving my options open for a 12-14 model year but...

saw an SUV at a reasonable price and I switched plans.

I now drive an rx330 03-06 OR rx350 07-15, choose one and check the price online - I prefer carguru5 dot com.

grin No Bro, but if they invite me to work for them, i won't think twice grin
I am just inquisitive on the price of cars there compared to Nigeria.
Besides, life is good over there, "which time you enter Yankee wey you don de change cars" wink

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by WIZGUY69(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2019
MackyNaija:

This places can only be compared to the highbrow areas of Nigeria.
Took this picture this morning in Abuja, Nigeria.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by iamboladee: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2019
Hadampson:

grin grin

Seeing is believing. It's obvious from the pictures you shared with us. Continue to glow in God's grace

God of mercy, shower your blessing on me

Make una come mark attendance o.. The boss is back cool

cc: Predstan, Iamboladee, Subomi007, HeWrites

Abeg where is AngelicBeing undecided the only patriotic citizen of Nigeria that i know grin
Thanks for the mention boss! Our travel dreams sef go come through by God's grace. God will not forsake us! smiley

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
iamboladee:

Thanks for the mention boss! Our travel dreams sef go come through by God's grace. God will not forsake us! smiley

Amen oh.. We go leave zoogeria one day boss smiley

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
hammed71:
That is to say all way na way, but as long you enter legally, no wahala

I hate anything illegal boss

Na legally i go enter my dream country by His grace

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by SaintHilary(m): 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
Hadampson:

grin grin

cheesy cheesy
I can't wait for this guy's travel thread!
He's been so consistent..be like e rent flat for Travel section cheesy
It'll cum sooner than later bro..Have faith and remember people are watching smiley

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Beautyaddy: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
MackyNaija:

The US and their trees...American love their trees. cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2019
SaintHilary:

cheesy cheesy
I can't wait for this guy's travel thread!
He's been so consistent..be like e rent flat for Travel section cheesy
It'll cum sooner than later bro.. Have faith and remember people are watching smiley

I pray so embarassed cry

Thanks boss BTW
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:47am On Sep 10, 2019
Hadampson:
MackyNaija, things has changed in your absence. We now have pidgin2 husband on this section. His moniker is timesup. If you see any post from him, please don't reply him biko make hin no derail the thread
I'm take note of that name - t1mesup.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:49am On Sep 10, 2019
WIZGUY69:

grin No Bro, but if they invite me to work for them, i won't think twice grin
I am just inquisitive on the price of cars there compared to Nigeria.
Besides, life is good over there, "which time you enter Yankee wey you don de change cars" wink
Some of these things are not special here. Every American dreams of getting a house someday and in most cities, you have to drive - public transport is almost non-existent.

If you want 2020 model, you go see collect and go begin pay small small.

If you be naija Yankee engineer, FOR EXAMPLE you earn 70k per annum (no be my salary be that o cheesy, I still be small boy), monthly take-home should be around 5k.

You can easily buy any used car between 7-15k without sweating it. Motor no be big man.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:02am On Sep 10, 2019
SaintHilary:

cheesy cheesy
I can't wait for this guy's travel thread! …and remember people are watching smiley

Truly people are watching.

I met a guy in my school, he said it never crossed his mind he could come school in the US.

From reading my thread, the thought crept in...

From thinking about it, he started seriously playing with the tots in his head...

From head games, he did a few permutation, addition and subtraction in real life...

Months later, he 'found' himself in the US and now enrolled for a Masters.

Hadampson, keep up the ginger, you never know who your ginger will ginger into taking a bold step to come to the better world.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:21am On Sep 10, 2019
STUDENT LOANS

As I said before, I and a few of my friends are beneficiaries of student loans.

Invest $40k for a Masters in engineering (mostly less than that) and make at least 65k in the first year, 75k in the third year and 85k+ after the 7th year - a sensible investment if you ask me.

I got a loan from a lender that usually does not lend to my institution, either it was my high GPA, previous work experience or the fact that they were careless about my application? I cannot tell.

Here's what I know - mp0wer, st1lt or pr0digy can give you a loan without a co-signer as an international student.
Check up the list of schools they support and apply to those schools. Use a normal naija bank statement to get a visa and come to the US to chase our dream with the loan you secured.

Any questions?
I'll answer to the best of my ability.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by ak22(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2019
MackyNaija:

Some of these things are not special here. Every American dreams of getting a house someday and in most cities, you have to drive - public transport is almost non-existent.

If you want 2020 model, you go see collect and go begin pay small small.

If you be naija Yankee engineer, FOR EXAMPLE you earn 70k per annum (no be my salary be that o cheesy, I still be small boy), monthly take-home should be around 5k.

You can easily buy any used car between 7-15k without sweating it. Motor no be big man.

For over there
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2019
MackyNaija:

I'm take note of that name - t1mesup.

Good. There are other people like him here.

By their words, you shall know them... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.