Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389310 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 6:49am On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:
I don cast!
I abandoned the thread cos my life was almost being derailed by too much activities over here.

Make Una no vex, I don graduate now. Na to start work be next. smiley
Congratulations Bro. I was hoping to join you in Tamuk so I can eat graduation rice.

Fortune 500 is my prayer for you boss
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2019
bro macky abeg come update us small I don miss your pics and write up tire I just they read previous update.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by mayDtolu(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:
I don cast!
I abandoned the thread cos my life was almost being derailed by too much activities over here.

Make Una no vex, I don graduate now. Na to start work be next. smiley

Congratulations bro!..Wish you the best!
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by mayDtolu(m): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2019
TheZed:
Congratulations Bro. I was hoping to join you in Tamuk so I can eat graduation rice.

Hello bro..Are you going on fully funded scholarship?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
mayDtolu:

Hello bro..Are you going on fully funded scholarship?
I was given the normal instate tuition waiver but I am not going there. I have a better option.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Japa originates from two yoruba words Ja which means to run and Pa which is used to exaggerate any verb in yoruba language.

Japa means to run swiftly out of a dangerous situation.

If you see a sars anywhere in Lagos, my friend Japa grin

Someone that hasn’t met you telling you they miss you Japa cheesy grin

Do you understand the meaning now boss??
Na jones I deh jonse o, you suppose ask me buying a ticket to where... Definitely not to buhari's kwantry.

I understand japa, my Yoruba is Beyond basic - since Nigeria been wan 'kpa ino mi', no be today my japaing start. grin

In another news... Mo ti gba greeni. cool

26 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
TheZed:

Thanks man, if u have a better option than here please come.

I already got one F500 company, most times the job role and location plays a greater part in offer acceptance than the company name.

I am still on the look out, my eyes deh chook.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
TFLASHOGEE:
bro macky abeg come update us small I don miss your pics and write up tire I just they read previous update.
A LOT has happened in the past 12 months..

Story deh but where the time to write am. I am packing up now and preparing for a 24 hour roadtrip slated for any day before the weekend.

I collect this people 4.00, 12 courses, 12 A's. It is possible, anybody can do it.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Ediku126: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

A LOT has happened in the past 12 months..

Story deh but where the time to write am. I am packing up now and preparing for a 24 hour roadtrip slated for any day before the weekend.

I collect this people 4.00, 12 courses, 12 A's. It is possible, anybody can do it.

thats nice...
you got same record in naija?
first class?

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ediku126:

thats nice...
you got same record in naija?
first class?
Who dash monkey banana?? grin cheesy
I say naija na dream killer, I got between a 3.5 and 4.0 for naija.
12 abi 14 courses first semester year 1 including German and other nansense, 6 or 8 courses final semester year 5. See load!

People wey deh get naija first class get muscle. I salute them.

A friend just completed his unilag masters after 4years, one can pick the number if B's he got, they scattered his result. Very bright young man. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

Thanks man, if u have a better option than here please come.

I already got one F500 company, most times the job role and location plays a greater part in offer acceptance than the company name.

I am still on the look out, my eyes deh chook.
congratulations boss. I’ll be going to NC. Did I just hear you say you’ve got a greeni? Wow!!
Congratulations once again boss. Do you still use the same number? I’ve tried reaching you on WhatsApp.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Ediku126: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

Who dash monkey banana?? grin cheesy
I say naija na dream killer, I got between a 3.5 and 4.0 for naija.
12 abi 14 courses first semester year 1 including German and other nansense, 6 or 8 courses final semester year 5. See load!

People wey deh get naija first class get muscle. I salute them.

A friend just completed his unilag masters after 4years, one can pick the number if B's he got, they scattered his result. Very bright young man. cheesy

na wa for naija ooo

am Intrested in doing my master in canada, how did you go about supporting urself during schooling, were you Recieveing something from home , or you were working?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

Na jones I deh jonse o, you suppose ask me buying a ticket to where... Definitely not to buhari's kwantry.

I understand japa, my Yoruba is Beyond basic - since Nigeria been wan 'kpa ino mi', no be today my japaing start. grin

Lol.. Honestly, i thought you are coming back to develop Nigeria grin

Cos that is the norm nowadays with some Nigerians in USA.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by mayDtolu(m): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

See talk ooo...Wetin dey happen for naija wey person won con develop?? I no say na joke Sha�� grin
Hadampson:

See talk ooo...Wetin dey happen for naija wey person won con develop?? I no say na joke Sha

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by mayDtolu(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2019
TheZed:
I was given the normal instate tuition waiver but I am not going there. I have a better option.

Congratulations bro, I am happy for you! which school offered you fully funded?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
mayDtolu:

Congratulations bro, I am happy for you! which school offered you fully funded?
Its a PhD program at ncat
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
TheZed:
congratulations boss. I’ll be going to NC. Did I just hear you say you’ve got a greeni? Wow!!
Congratulations once again boss. Do you still use the same number? I’ve tried reaching you on WhatsApp.
If NC gives you more freebies, go there.
I will get across to you. Thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ediku126:

na wa for naija ooo

am Intrested in doing my master in canada, how did you go about supporting urself during schooling, were you Recieveing something from home , or you were working?
Read the thread from the beginning, self funding + student loan. Some people get full tuition waivers, on campus jobs and pay from internship.

Hadampson:

There's no space for me there. angry
The population is high enough, airlines for here no go gree sell me ticket to Nigeria. tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
mayDtolu:

See talk ooo...Wetin dey happen for naija wey person won con develop?? I no say na joke Sha�� grin

tongue grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:
There's no space for me there. angry
The population is high enough, airlines for here no go gree sell me ticket to Nigeria. tongue

Give it a trial boss and see if dem no go give you ticket grin tongue
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Beautyaddy: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

Awww...congrats.

Who was the lucky lady that swept you off your feet grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

If NC gives you more freebies, go there.
I will get across to you. Thanks
Yes Boss
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lionlee216(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Awww...congrats.

Exactly my thoughts grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Give it a trial boss and see if dem no go give you ticket grin tongue
Abeg who get that flogging meme? angry
Hadampson toooo stubborn.

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Awww...congrats.

Abi na me clear am comot from ground like soja. grin

Very lucky I tell you, it was keenly contested but the smartest, most beautiful and sweetest of heart won! kiss wink NL ladies, I am officially off the market. cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 12:17am On Jun 05, 2019
MackyNaija:

Abeg who get that flogging meme? angry
Hadampson toooo stubborn.

grin grin

AngelicBeing to the rescue cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
I don't want to ask this question in the student visa thread because of their insult........ If you apply for their school is a must you pay school fees or kind any fee for the school.....If yes can the fee be refunded when you are denied visa?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
Spanishmilf:
I don't want to ask this question in the student visa thread because of their insult........ If you apply for their school is a must you pay school fees or kind any fee for the school.....If yes can the fee be refunded when you are denied visa?
I am just learning the student visa thread has started dishing insults. cheesy

To the best of my knowledge, Good schools in the US don't charge anything until you resume and register.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
MackyNaija:

I am just learning the student visa thread has started dishing insults. cheesy

To the best of my knowledge, Good schools in the US don't charge anything until you resume and register.
yeah there insult is too much.....speaking for my sister can she apply for a government school and please sir how much is everything is she apply for a government school
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
Spanishmilf:
yeah there insult is too much.....speaking for my sister can she apply for a government school and please sir how much is everything is she apply for a government school
She should check the school website, cost is school dependent also living costs affects to a large extent the total cost the school program will cost.

California for example generally has a high cost of rent - I know this, I have been researching.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by odimbannamdi(m): 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
PDPGuy:
PSA:

Arizona State University is now offering a tuition-free MBA program for both U.S. residents and international students.

Application fee for international students is $90. You'd also need to write an essay, take the GRE or GMAT, get transcripts, recommendation letters; and for international students, you may be required to take the TOEFL exam.

The program is quite a competitive one as only 14% of applicants were offered admission in the 2016/2017 academic year.

Application opens September 1st. For more info visit asu.edu

Ho bro.

Do you know if this opportunity will be available this year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.