Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,341 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records (20980 Views)

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Just open up to the man that got u the job. It may even be a test on u. Be wise

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by danigbo(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2017
Tell the boss but do it with caution !
Tell him you are doing it because you don't want to betray the trust he has on you. But before then make sure you have evidence of the illegal transactions. Snap it with your phone in case they want to destroy the evidence and implicate you. God will see you through.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Jerryojozy(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2017
The internal control system is very weak. Report the fraud to the management.

Genius J

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2017
I am impressed with the number of people that are of the opinion that the op should report it.

There is still hope for Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by texazzpete(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2017
The OP is an accomplice to theft. By keeping quiet - betraying the trust of the people who employed him - he is already aiding theft.

Let him keep quiet. When they sack him as collateral damage he will go back to washing cars.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by chigoizie7(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
Op, this is what u will do.

Call the man, since he trusted u enough to give u the job and the wife being the MD of the hotel.

Tell him what u found out, the man must be very mad and might be impatient to confront them about it.
Tell him not to, because the manager and the co-workers will take it out on u that is if they are not sacked( there is no way all the workers can be sacked in a day) . Some will see u as a snitch.

Let him suggest to the wife to bring in some auditors to go through ur records. CCTV footages if possible and then involve the bank ( all these should be a camouflage to confronting them).

Tell the man that u are not supposed to be leaking company's secrets but that u also believe that this is a case of staff defrauding the company itself. That u can't be bad to him after helping u get a job.

Secondly, don't accept any promotion in the main time, remain where u are.

May God bless u.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Klington: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
please get ur records of evidences and meet the poor man,even if you loose ur position in the end, I'm sure you will be glad you did. You cannot afford to pay this man and his wife with evil conspiracy..all the best

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by gabolz(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=jguy007 post=58556009]On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
*******************fast forward to 2weeks back*************************
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
**************************4days later*******************************
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
**************************4days later after that*******************************
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
**************************back to present day*******************************
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.
I don't wanna betray his trust either cause this might be a test to me
PLease friends what do i do?
NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

Only time will tell the type of staff you will also turn out to be.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by kevoh(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2017
When you do not get your salary for six months because of dwindling sales a.k.a stolen money that you did not report, do not come back here to complain. Better do the needful, oya take whistle and blow ! angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by drnoel: 7:47am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Face your role and responsibility!

Not a good advice. Place urself in the shoes of the OP or in the shoes of the MD.
OP, u know the right thing to do. Do it.
Call the man that got u the job and tell him all. Since its his wife's business he will be glad u did. Then u all try and catch those thieving people red handed. Bear in mind though that u will have to be watching ur back for a while after that

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by raphloren: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2017
Bros u need to first get both recorded and physical evidences before confronting them stylishly like ur curious of sales details. If they r wise and value their job they wud know it's time to stop. U need evidences in case they turn it against u to get u sacked. If then they didn't stop u can now report them with all the evidences
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by raphloren: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2017
Bros u need to first get both recorded and physical evidences before confronting them stylishly like ur curious of sales details. If they r wise and value their job they wud know it's time to stop. U need evidences in case they turn it against u to get u sacked. If then they didn't stop u can now report them with all the evidences [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by deltateam: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2017
adonbilivit:
Just get your whistle already. Do it now
Lol. Whistle blowing comes with rewards.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Tell the truth, irrespective of the outcome. Do not confront the thieves. Just inform the owner of the place and ask them to set up a sting operation to catch them red-handed.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by nadisman(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Bia My friend mind ur business and as God to show you ur own talent stop de envy u think say easy to steal nd change records abeg. once again comport.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by DaSugarBoi(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.
NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

If at all u want to blow whistle ensure u get ur facts right. Cos from the two intances u cited here only the first is an offence. The second isnt .

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adonbilivit: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2017
deltateam:

Lol. Whistle blowing comes with rewards.
the boss is sure meant to reward him
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by henrixx(m): 7:54am On Jul 18, 2017
brainpulse:
Whistle blowing is a lucrative business now. And if he is not reported on time and the business crumbles all of you are going home but he will have something to take home.
best comment. OP CONSIDER THIS COMMENT ONLY.

FORGET ABOUT THE MYBs
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by mapist(m): 7:54am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad

Oga, REPORT ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by holybabayo(m): 7:54am On Jul 18, 2017
This is a very simple matter. The financial reporting system of the hotel is poor. There should be a means of recording sales and payments immediately by the person that made the sales. You can't just report it verbally, it must be in writing and countersigned by both parties. Without that, this will continue.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by dustydee: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:

You are an accomplice if you don't report.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by tuscani: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2017
Some body picked u up from the street and gave you a job. Now you can not defend his interest. Human being sha!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by klarke(m): 7:55am On Jul 18, 2017
hakeem4:
My advice.

Call your colleague, talk to her and tell her what she's doing is not good

If she doesn't change. Low blow the whistle and if you're scared of blowing the whistle I can help you sha
Bad advice

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by jjjjj2017: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2017
@jguy007, I will advise you to report the whole thing but do it with wisdom. You may ask your boss to set trap for these people i.e your boss should people there to lodge at a specific time to see if those money will be recorded or not, you boss should try that at least 5times to know the truth & it must be the time that your colleagues should take record.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by damsy01(m): 8:00am On Jul 18, 2017
raphloren:
Bros u need to first get both recorded and physical evidences before confronting them stylishly like ur curious of sales details. If they r wise and value their job they wud know it's time to stop. U need evidences in case they turn it against u to get u sacked. If then they didn't stop u can now report them with all the evidences [color=#000099][/color]
Seconded....
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by kripen(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2017
gentlemanism1:
Just open up to the man that got u the job. It may even be a test on u. Be wise
Just do this brother to have the man's trust and confidant. He can decide to talk to the wife no problem, if anything happens trust God to take control
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by omoadeleye(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2017
these days, whistle blower is not a sin, so i bet your reward on this will surely be a promotion, so grab your copy now!!!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by chachanga: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2017
nurey:
It's because we refuse to care about others properties that's why we are where we are now.

If you refuse to do the right thing now damning the consequences very soon they will rope you and trap You into something you know nothing about.

Tell the man the anomalies you saw and let him fashion a way to investigate and catch the culprit, not because you want a promotion but because it's the right thing to do

Yeah, and i laughed at all the crumpets telling him to face front, myob, bla bla bla? That's why you later wanna stop helping people in anyway whatsoever when you realize all the naija peeps you try to help and mentor often go from "average stranded help-seeker" to "full-blown mof0 Judas-niggas" in no time angry!

Ladies run around keeping only guy friends because the aproko-jealousy-virus in their fellow "#slay-diva"-friends' brains nor go gree dem drink water remain cup; they end-up keeping guy-friends only to find most boys too are now forming half-man-bobrisky-type, dem nor loyal, nor get principle, no vision, sense, personal constitution or direction and of course, dey can't separate work from play or sensibly set and recognise boundaries. Eventually, you see the case replicated everywhere and you stop giving any furk at all whatsoever because you suspect that you can never, never know what to expect from the next guy around you. Nobody loyal anymore even if you just comot ya last card give dem now now, dat's why u go hear say boy donate kidney for fiance now now and she go still follow another man go dat same now-now!

He should furking plan their exposure, and strategically too! The paper-trail leads to him too, he. will be implicated when the thing blows. They made their choice when they started their sabotage runs and they're prolly furking too so na dem sabi wetin dem dey chop wey dey sweet dem

He owes that MD and his wife his job and presence in that environment, not those furkers so he should 'fess up to the Boss man instead of fearing them.

What if it's even a test being staged by management? If hin keep quiet, look the other way; na so hin go fail, fall-hand o! OP, beta start planning how to get dem red-handed without showing your hand.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:04am On Jul 18, 2017
drnoel:

Not a good advice. Place urself in the shoes of the OP or in the shoes of the MD.
OP, u know the right thing to do. Do it.
Call the man that got u the job and tell him all. Since its his wife's business he will be glad u did. Then u all try and catch those thieving people red handed. Bear in mind though that u will have to be watching ur back for a while after that

grin

Trouble sleep, u go wake am

Na wahala you dey find.....
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2017
MrIcredible:

When your type open up a business, people must steal from you lr hardwork. Amen

Story!

Go to civil services and preach that gospel!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by trendyprettygir: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2017
Hope you know that the people stealing are digging your grave? From what you wrote your sales is actually now recorded wrongly. When the owner discovers eventually you would definitely be arrested to theft or as an accomplice.

If I where you, for the next one week, record all your sales on a different sheet. Amount, mode of payment and all. If possible, take pictures of the cash collected and receipts and invoices issued discreetly. Then take a picture of their records which they have been keeping relating To same sales you are keeping.That's why you have a phone.

Then tell the man you would like to see him at the car wash and present both your evidence and their own records which they kept. Tell him you don't know understand what is going on or who is doing this, but you are noticing discrepancies in the sales you have been making and you want to maintain your integrity so you won't be accused falsely.

And if you like keep quiet and observe the theft like a typical Nigerian simply because you want is to keep a job. Mark my words of you don't talk, be ready to spend some days in a police cell explaining yourself because surely you would be framed.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by GeniusDavid(m): 8:08am On Jul 18, 2017
An Anonymous tip would keep you on a safer is side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.