Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records (20979 Views)

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2017
quentin06:

No Doubt The Response Of A Crook.

Fresh graduates!

Smh....
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Brugo:

You sound like someone who would commit fraud because others are doing it.

Do you think it's an easy thing to do fraud?

If u can beat or join them, keep mute!

You only seeing one person, do you those behind that one person? No...

Go to any Federal civil service an air this topic, they won't even discuss it with you in the office premises.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by ocheejemb: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Please report them to your boss and she can watch them and get any evidence herself , you owe it to them for giving you the job. You will also earn their gratitude and favour.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by SmartyPants(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

A Nigeria that it's foundation was built on same principle?

Talk the talk.. you will be amazed that the cops you re reporting to is a ring member of the deal and then will it dawn on you that you finished!

You think it's child's play to be bold enough to say everything as it is? Smh

If I love someone, I did advice he keeps mute. His he the only one seeing such?

Have you seen a scenario where tables were turned around on fraudulent dealings based on party involved and the truth sayer forcefully resigned due to humilation and pressure? You would be shocked that does that pushed you will keep mute and even desert you cos they don't wanna associate with you and get labelled.

Op can talk the talk, it's a choice!

It is a risk that can be mitigated with wisdom. He does not have to take a loudspeaker to announce it everywhere...all he needs to do is nave a quiet word with the man Tha gave him the job. Together they can plan on how to catch the crooks.

No matter the cost, honesty is the best policy.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by drnoel: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Am an authority if it's my father's Business, I can flush out all staff and sanitise. This is a worker vs worker scene. I don't want to go into much details but will sight an example.

Is it possible that a fellow policeman goes to report his fellow colleague to the DPO about how he collects bribe? I know you will call it diligence.

You re in Nigeria. Not every wrong is wrong!

The highlighted is the real reason why Nigeria is rotten and if our mentality doesn't change we are slowly going to sink ourselves.
Guy please tell me something, when has it ever been that white is called black and vice versa? Wat is bad is bad everywhere, in Nigeria, Canada, Europe, india. What is wrong is wrong everywhere.
The example u used about Nigerian police is uncalled for cos that example is inappropriate, everyone knows the Nigerian police are very corrupt though not the most corrupted. That one goes to the Indian police. Still let us stop using those excuses of being in Nigeria to perpetrate and support evil. Cheers.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
drnoel:

The highlighted is the real reason why Nigeria is rotten and if our mentality doesn't change we are slowly going to sink ourselves.
Guy please tell me something, when has it ever been that white is called black and vice versa? Wat is bad is bad everywhere, in Nigeria, Canada, Europe, india. What is wrong is wrong everywhere.
The example u used about Nigerian police is uncalled for cos that example is inappropriate, everyone knows the Nigerian police are very corrupt though not the most corrupted. That one goes to the Indian police. Still let us stop using those excuses of being in Nigeria to perpetrate and support evil. Cheers.

The problem you failed to address is the system. You think I would put my life on the line to be patriotic!

We all know Buhari and his aides re looting the government presently. Go to a National TV station and air the fact...

Hello! Don't compare Nigeria with Canada, UK or the US. Compare us with south Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe and our pairs.

Silence is mostly Golden in this part.

If u attended a Nigerian University, how many cultist did you go and report to the police? Am sure none! Why? You could have been diligent!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by GOFRONT(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
This is chuwa chuwa at lower level

It is dis kind of chuwa chuwa at Federal level that plunge a whole Nation into Recession...........Diezani, Aluko and Omokore et al coms to mind

Op blow d Wisu.....but apply sense coz u will be threatened.........Even Dieazani has threatend Omokore

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Brugo(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Do you think it's an easy thing to do fraud?

If u can beat or join them, keep mute!

You only seeing one person, do you those behind that one person? No...

Go to any Federal civil service an air this topic, they won't even discuss it with you in the office premises.

My friend, you support fraud. You support the decay in our system. It's as simple as that. I hope you are not part of those who criticise corrupt politicians cos you would do likewise in their shoes.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:52am On Jul 18, 2017
drnoel:

The problem you failed to address is the system. You think I would put my life on the line to be patriotic!

We all know Buhari and his aides re looting the government presently. Go to a National TV station and air the fact...

Hello! Don't compare Nigeria with Canada, UK or the US. Compare us with south Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe and our pairs.

If u attended a Nigerian University, how many cultist did you go and report to the police? Am sure none! Why? You could have been diligent!

Did you ever report a lecturer to the school authority for selling hand-outs? No!

And you want to start diligence from work place grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by 0b100100111: 8:54am On Jul 18, 2017
Brugo:

My friend, you support fraud. You support the decay in our system. It's as simple as that. I hope you are not part of those who criticise corrupt politicians cos you would do likewise in their shoes.

Face the reality and stop acting like you don't know what's at stake!

If you work with a multinational, state or Federal civil service, you wont make an argument with me.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Beetee1(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Bros, this is your first job as a graduate, its can ruin or upgrade your CV and recommendation base on your approach to things. Don't be suprise your colleagues are engaging in such sharp practice thinking you are a novice.
just tell your Boss
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=Young03 post=58556444][/quote]
Thats not what that passage is all about. Expose them now!
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2017
Find another job they hired you to be a suspect

I can already hear them telling your boss that they don't know your background you didn't fill a form they will Judas you

Record a voice note next customer send it to Oga quit your job.

Back then when we used to issue tickets on credit I was given some so we payed partly and resolved issues. Later on like 3 years later got an email from one of the agencies saying I still had s balance I said impossible we've even issued tickets since then o even vexed and used my Accent I said no way send me my account statement they couldn't they just wanted to cover up a loss well a few days later they key staff was in the papers for fraud
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by kennypedia(m): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2017
record the transactions and show her you caught her it she doesn't desist use the evidence against her
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by omerta07(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2017
I once had a similar occurrence in my office.
I simply set the guy up with the security and he was promptly caught red handed.
Dude, someday you will own a business and you will be sad to see your investments go up like vapour.
Do the right thing, inform your boss and advise her to maintain silence while you hatch a plan together.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by drnoel: 9:05am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Did you ever report a lecturer to the school authority for selling hand-outs? No!

And you want to start diligence from work place grin

U are right actually @ highlighted
But that only makes things worse. Like I said, that's why Nigeria will never improve cos we have this mindset.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by chapwiz(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2017
I advice you let the man know about it for future purposes.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 9:10am On Jul 18, 2017
hakeem4:
My advice.

Call your colleague, talk to her and tell her what she's doing is not good

If she doesn't change. Low blow the whistle and if you're scared of blowing the whistle I can help you sha

I've never seen a more stupid advice all my life.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Ferdinandu(m): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
*******************fast forward to 2weeks back*************************
He called one early morning and asked to meet me at the car wash so i could go see the MD that morning and i did. She interviewed me for few minutes, collected my C.V and asked me when i would like to resume work.So eager i said the next day and she was fine with it.Ever since that day i never saw her again but i was going to work and enjoying it too
**************************4days later*******************************
While on my shift, i made some sales and then early that morning,on my off day( cus i sleep in the office and handover sales made earlier the next day to my colleague) between 2am and 3am, two guest worked in to book a room. I assigned rooms to them and they paid me cash. I then handed the money to my colleague that was on duty that morning and went home only to return the following and discover while going thru the records that she only recorded one out of the two rooms i sold for her that morning. I searched the whole books for that room but couldn't find a trace of it, then i knew something was up. I never confronted her about it but i just decided to watch if twas gonna happen again.
**************************4days later after that*******************************
A similar thing occurred and this time so obvious. Four friends came in early in the morning on my off day and one of them paid cash for two rooms which i allocated to them and again gave the money to the same colleague before leaving that morning.On returning on my shift, she wrote down the two rooms sha but wrote 1POS and 1CASH, which was a lie cause i was the one that collected cash from them and they never paid thru POS.
**************************back to present day*******************************
Have been thing of confronting her directly but i cant cause i noticed too that she isnt alone in it, the manager is in with her and they are kind of close(i noticed it on the first day of resumption)
I also thought of telling the man that made me get the job cause later i found out that the MD is his wife, which was a shocker to me cause till now i didn't submit an application letter or bring in any guarantor before i got the job.
I don't wanna betray his trust either cause this might be a test to me
PLease friends what do i do?
NB: AM SURE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPENING....SHE OR SHOULD I SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT BEFORE I CAME. I DON'T HAVE PROOF OF THAT BUT I GUESS SO CUS NOW THEY THINK AM DUMB SINCE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE FIRST FRAUD ,WHICH I DID BUT KEPT QUIET THAT'S WHY THEY COMMITTED ANOTHER.

Fraud by staffs in hotels is same with that in places like Banks. it is usually like organised crime. from the top everybody is involved.when you are newly employed they watch you with suspicion trying to know the type of person you are while doing deals on top of your head .when they see you can be corrupted and that you are not suspiciously close to the owner of the business then they will let you in into the dirty deals going on .Trust me it is a matter of time when they let you in to the deals.
It is all on you to and your conscience to choose to leak it to the MD or join the bandwagon.Those guys do make up to 5 times their salary through that dirty deals monthly so you better watch your back if you are going to be the snitch because they are going to be ready for you.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by lovingyouhun: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Face your role and responsibility!

Don't you know this guy can be falsely accused one of these days if he refuses to say anything now? My brother berra tell the man OK.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by leksmedia: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2017
jguy007:
On the 5th of July 2017, i resumed work at a prestige hotel in Ikeja through a man i met at a car wash while i was washing cars for stipend to earn a living. The day i met him, i just finished washing a car and i worked up to him and requested an audience, and then told him i was looking for a job because am a computer engineering graduate trying a make a living, and all this took place sometime around February. He agreed to help and I, without giving much though didn't bother him anymore cause i was already tired of telling people i needed a job when i already know jobs are hard to come by these days. But surprisingly he came looking for my with the MD of a hotel and (devil is a lie) i wasnt at the car wash that moment,i went to see someone. He waited and waited and at some point was angry,then he left only for me to return few minutes later to be told he came looking for me...i was mad
*******************fast forward to 2weeks back************************.[/b]

Please don't mind those telling you to shut up. Someone brought you from mere car washing because he saw great potential in you. He came to look for you 2 times , he gave you opportunities that someone else would have ignored. I'm sure he has great plans for you and here you are thinking of whether to report it or not. Please , you must report this fraudulent act. If you don't report it technically you are part of the fraud because you were the one that collected the money , trust me if anything gets to happen you will be the one they will pick up first.
Do your self a favour. Report to the man. Tell him you thought the first one was a mistake that was why you didn't report and you were still trying to understand how things work . Be a good example , what if the man already knows and they are grooming you for the position of a manager . See if you close your eyes and let anything happen to that business , you will go back to washing cars where as you could have done something to end this . Do your part but tell the man you don't want to be mentioned in case you are afraid

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by lovingyouhun: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Don't you know this guy can be falsely accused one of these days if he refuses to say anything now? OP My brother, berra tell the man OK.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:
What's your business?

Imagine it is your personal business and employees are robbing you blind behind you. How will you feel if no one tells you about it? Always put yourself in other people's shoes before making comments and decisions

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Charly68: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Better blow the whistle before your friend send you out of job..
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Charly68: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Better blow the whistle before your friend send you out of job..There will be no job for you when the company is distressed
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 9:17am On Jul 18, 2017
Pray:
How does it affect you? once u are not an accomplice, u r safe. Blow the whistle on him, be compensated, then ready for all kinds of attack from him.

If you are the owner of that business, will you also give this advice? Because it isn't your business, you don't care if it goes to blazes, right? You are a wicked soul

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by adetayo234: 9:18am On Jul 18, 2017
connectpoint:
@Op don't be overly wise...Let them be, lest you take more than you can bargain for...In the right time, they will be caught..you just keep piling records..Simple.

Will you give this advice if you are the owner of that business?
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by MrIndespensable(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2017
I would advise you inform him or the MD....its wrong when you see things like this and u keep mute..thats part of corruption,part of our falied system because they are no cameras to checkmate people. ''sincerity is cheap'' dont think twice man,report the case for them to do silent investigation...dnt mind people saying its not your business,when you are involved in a system,you are involved in evrything..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by lytech1(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Tell the boss about the incident...

Tell her to set a trap for culprit
i.e probly she should sponse three people to lodge at the hotel late in the day(11:30pm) and they should leave very early(5:00am) before she hand over to another worker.

If truely she has been doing what you accuse her of.... Am sure she wont record any of the 3customer lodging in the hotel for that day..

The the boss can strive by sacking her.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2017
keep ur mouth shot and observe, he may be doing it in conjunction with the MD / CEO report and get ur self out of the company
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by Bullet1234(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Report it because if you dont, you are as guilty as the perpetrators.
Re: Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records by denitro(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2017
Your issue is very simple.
There are 2 scenarios.
Scenario 1: This could be a test to see how honest and smart you are.
The whole management could stage plan the whole thing to test you. (The chances of this happening
is low. But we can't rule it out)
Scenario 2: Your Colleague is indeed corrupt, and has some top management in with her.
The way to resolve this is to make an honest mistake that will expose and make it seem you
did it out of ignorance.
Example..
You can walk up to your Boss in the presence of everyone and make a comment like...
I will like to make a suggestion that can help with security in the hotel (research and find one),
because I noticed that the 4 customers yesterday that booked the 4 room seem to ........(at this
point, you have exposed any wrong doing and no one will see you as a whistle blower, they will only
see you as ignorance.
N.B: If you dont say something and they get caught, you will have a hard time convincing your
boss that you were not in on the whole thing too. And good luck finding another hotel work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.