Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

"Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos (52487 Views)

Nigerians React To Guys Stealing Ladies' Panties For Rituals (photos, Video) / How A Whistleblower Exposed Evans Chukwudi Onuamadike, Billionaire Kidnapper / Angry Mob Caught 2 Guys Stealing Goats And Beats Up Mercilessly In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Angelanest:
According to a twitter user, @MideMrPossible, some guys who seem to be working with the contractor in charge of maintaining a Glo mast - have been accused of stealing diesel. According to the whistleblower who said this has been happening for a while now, the generator set which is supposed to be on most times during power shortage - is said to be off for several hours due to the diesel theft....

The online user decided to raise an alarm and call the attention of the communication network (GloWorld) to the sad development.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/whistleblower-exposes-guys-stealing-diesel-glo-mast-see-photos.html

That radio mast belongs to MTN Nigeria not Globacom and its located in ijagun, ijebu-ode the host community of Tai Solarin University of Education. They may be stealing diesel truly but the generator is always on.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by willibounce1(m): 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
Them go give an one gallon of diesel as reward.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
Stooi76:
This place looks like the environment I had my degree some years back. Ijagun - Imaweje road in Ijebu-Ode
That's correct, its in ijagun exactly after Celestial church Ojuri junction
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by ariwokoigbore(m): 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
it is well
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by ManTiger(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=franzeezco post=58563233][/quote]

hahahaha, you're right. I remember a friend who once bought a battery from those contractors.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by ManTiger(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2017
I think MideMrPossible is not in for a harm, I went through his profile, info available on the internet and I think he was only joking with those tweets. his tweets has been featured on metroUK and something tells me he is a Nairalander.

If MideMrPossible can see this tweet, I like your sense of humor.

Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by lebete3000: 1:18am On Jul 18, 2017
adonbilivit:
Ur mates are looking for peeps like Amaechi and Tinubu to blow whistle on so that they can get 10% of the billions to be recovered and you are there blowing whistle on a hungry nigga. Oya go and collect two litres of diesel, that's your 10% reward for what's recovered.

Lols...abi oh! The guy really got it all twisted sha....
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by OMOTOWO(m): 1:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Not good
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by alex81(m): 1:42am On Jul 18, 2017
this whistle blower did not complete his job. he would av followed them to see if d diesel was taken to their respective homes, sold to another person or transfered to another site/network infrastructure to sustain it from shutting down due to low fuel.

as it is now, we cant tell which of d above actually happened.

the site maintenance engineers (FSE/FME) will probably claim theyre doing transfer. no concrete evidence to show that the diesel was stolen.

na this kind thing make dem arrest d whistle blower DAT said former VP N. Sambo stashed some cash in his house.... we all know wat happened he was arrested. 10yrs in jail or #100k bail.

Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by millionaire1(m): 1:59am On Jul 18, 2017
I think there will be a better network from glo now after this
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by lukeng007: 4:49am On Jul 18, 2017
When dem company no dey pay them
U can see some of security working dere been owned 8month salary, for 15k or 10k work
Waiting man go do..
U don't have to expose him 🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙊Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by ubergold(m): 5:29am On Jul 18, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
Give him 5% of the diesel jare grin

By the way, if ur conversant with telecoms will know about the term diesel transfer.. he might not actually be stealing it..

Exactly. The site may be an hybrid site. A hybrid site is designed to run on generator for some hours then on battery for some hours. When the site is on battery the generator goes off until the battery is discharged to some level. That is assuming there is no public power supply to the site. So our dear whistle blower may just be a nosy neighbor who doesn't have an idea what he is talking about.

1 Like

Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by ubergold(m): 5:36am On Jul 18, 2017
wristbangle:
The whistle-blower should have tried to get the Base Transmission Station ID for proper documentation when reporting the case.

Anyway the Contractor, State Technical Head and Power Engineer should tender their resignation with immediate effect

But sha, I don't blame the security peeps stealing the diesel. Some are being hold 2years salary sef

With just pictures social media pictures as evidence? Come on, those guys may just be doing their job transferring Diesel to another site.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by newoffer: 5:56am On Jul 18, 2017
The guards are being owed 6month salary. This is a Nigerian company treating Nigerians like slaves. Go and verify. 6month salary is yet to be paid.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by newoffer: 5:56am On Jul 18, 2017
The guards are being owed 6month salary. This is a Nigerian company treating Nigerians like slaves. Go and verify. 6month salary is yet to be paid.w
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by newoffer: 6:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Guards are not paid for 6 month. This is a Nigerian brand that mistreat fellow Nigerians like slave.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by Olanrewaju92(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2017
This is TASUED environment undecided tongue
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by datkoded(m): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2017
grayht:
What's the site identification no..?
see question o, how you expect op to know?

1 Like

Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by optimus106(m): 6:50am On Jul 18, 2017
I know of a GLO mast were people tap light from the station,I wonder why glo attracts such vandalism.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by khayleb(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Stooi76:
This place looks like the environment I had my degree some years back. Ijagun - Imaweje road in Ijebu-Ode
. Great Tasuedite...
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by obyrich(m): 7:27am On Jul 18, 2017
wristbangle:
The whistle-blower should have tried to get the Base Transmission Station ID for proper documentation when reporting the case.

Anyway the Contractor, State Technical Head and Power Engineer should tender their resignation with immediate effect

But sha, I don't blame the security peeps stealing the diesel. Some are being hold 2years salary sef
Will they still resign if the operation was authorised by management?
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by wristbangle: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
0b10010011:

I hate when people talk when they lack insight.

You making judgements when you absolutely lack knowledge about the modus operandi

Some suggestions has been made that it could be diesel transfer to another site because looking at it, they can't steal diesel at daylight but then just look at how the guy is climbing fence to carry it. Can't they go through the site gate?
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by mikejj(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2017
kai how wish dem dey sell whisu insid government house,if i c corrupt leader i go blow am like piiiii dem go tire.omoh mo na leave dat guy mk hm hustle abeg.iranu abacha
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by fm4real2k6(m): 7:54am On Jul 18, 2017
adonbilivit:
Ur mates are looking for peeps like Amaechi and Tinubu to blow whistle on so that they can get 10% of the billions to be recovered and you are there blowing whistle on a hungry nigga. Oya go and collect two litres of diesel, that's your 10% reward for what's recovered.

Don't hate,
I'm sure if you see this, you will jump at it.

Whistleblowing can start from anywhere.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by XX01(f): 7:57am On Jul 18, 2017
LastSurvivor11:

By the way, if ur conversant with telecoms will know about the term diesel transfer.. he might not actually be stealing it..

Why do diesel transfer and leave the mast without power?
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by nkemjacob2(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2017
Y is the whistle blowing policy not affecting the senators, minister etc?
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by princemedico: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2017
LastSurvivor11:

Exactly.

Every contractor have a way of monitoring diesel consumption at every site. That site might be a dump (where he keeps diesel he will supply to other sites), so he might not be stealing diesel at stated.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by martinsaba: 8:11am On Jul 18, 2017
This might not be theft, i work for a telecom infrastructure company, this is a normal thing in the system, its called diesel swap or transfer or siphoning. The diesel taken from that site is used to sustain another site that is running low on diesel before a supply cycle starts. So the whistle blower should go find something else to blow whistle on
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by princemedico: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2017
XX01:

Why do diesel transfer and leave the mast without power?
I hope the post below helps
ubergold:

Exactly. The site may be an hybrid site. A hybrid site is designed to run on generator for some hours then on battery for some hours. When the site is on battery the generator goes off until the battery is discharged to some level. That is assuming there is no public power supply to the site. So our dear whistle blower may just be a nosy neighbor who doesn't have an idea what he is talking about.
Re: "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos by whizzyleejr(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
How he take do am? Anyways, I'm waiting for my reward 'cause i am the one who blew the vuvuzela

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akintunde Ajayi: Police Arrest Teacher Who Demanded Sex From Schoolgirl / Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church / Winners Pastor Kingsley Emeka Mokwunye In Sex Scandal, Defiled An Underage Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.