Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? (16995 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Sanchase: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sorry but your uncle might actually be in prison, did he go via Libya?

Nnemuka:
An uncle asked me to complete his flight money, and that he will send me the money once he arrives his destination.
its been 3months now and he nolonger replies my chats, my 200k gone.

I will never borrow any man or woman money in my entire life, i rather give a token i can forget.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by iamtardey: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
pls loan me $1000 and stop loaning out.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:
Seriously, i do not know may be their great great grandfather kept some money with me that made most of them to believe I have money. Fine things are going fine but I am still looking for more better life. Need to save a lot in order to achieve my dream.. A friend borrowed $400 like 2 years ago, he never even talked about it. I have dodged others but this particular person has been on my neck for months now. He needs N500,000 .. Just imagine..

My problem now is " Never lend money you can't afford to lose" . N500,000 no be wasa.. How should I handle the situation without hurting his feeling cos I am not even sure of lending N100,000 talkess of N500,000

Tell him you invested all your money In MMM and lost it all.......
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by MadCow1: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:
Seriously, i do not know may be their great great grandfather kept some money with me that made most of them to believe I have money. Fine things are going fine but I am still looking for more better life. Need to save a lot in order to achieve my dream.. A friend borrowed $400 like 2 years ago, he never even talked about it. I have dodged others but this particular person has been on my neck for months now. He needs N500,000 .. Just imagine..

My problem now is " Never lend money you can't afford to lose" . N500,000 no be wasa.. How should I handle the situation without hurting his feeling cos I am not even sure of lending N100,000 talkess of N500,000

Tell him "No means No"..
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by julietm123: 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:

My advice :just gift him with 50k or 100k whichever you can afford. I personally don't give loan. I no fit shout. I don't want to create enemies for myself with my own money. All I do is give who ever asks me for loan,i give 10 to 20percent as gift. It's against my principles to give loan. Like I said,i no fit shout.

4 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by golddust6000(m): 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
I loose two friends simply because they ask me for money i gave them half of it, since then they stop talking to be, that is the best that ever happens to me. I have less worry now.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by pawesome(m): 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:

collect a colateral frm him or his certs or sumtin to make him pay bak....dnt let moni destroy friendship....jst get somtin frm him to make him pay bak buh friendship is important

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by mavinc4u(f): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
OpinionCounts:
Listen op, as I speak to you now I have over 2million naira unpaid debt owed by 6 different people, guess who the people are.....FRIENDS. Yes friends,the most annoying thing is dat they will even have the money and yet will not pay u back just because they feel you will not be hard on them especially some foolish and irresponsible ones that think they are entitled to get from you just because they can see you are doing well financially. I have debts of over 3years been owed me by friends and I am not talking about 50 or 90k, I mean 400k, 600k and so on..... I don't think it is a bad idea to help a friend in need but I tell you some can be devilish.

My dear am sorry to tell you that you have wrong set of people as friends. You need to change them unless you are like them.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nnemuka(f): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sanchase:
Sorry but your uncle might actually be in prison, did he go via Libya?

which prison? he reads my chats and he's constantly posting on facebook.
The last time he talked to my sis, he said he will pay yet nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by moiaimi(f): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
EfemenaXY:

I need to ask you guys (and ladies) this:

These so called "friends" who "borrow" and never repay back, do they ever come to ask / beg for more money?

Or do they feel too embarrassed to ask? This is for Naija based friends oh...
they will pretend like u never gave them money or act as if they have forgotten.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by madjune(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
Always loan what you can afford to part with.

Nigerians hardly pay back what they owe.

Fact.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by tonero230(m): 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
My brother,people are wicked.There are still good friends out there to help but people are wicked.You borrow them and when you are in dire need they start telling you story. You finally borrow and end up becoming their enemy.I am a case study.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by zinachidi(m): 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ymodulus:

My advice from personal experience. I lost quarter of all i own to a friend i gave a loan. A loan of a week repayment turned 2months ( as at date roughly 1month 2weeks ).

Rule1: Dont loan money you cant afford to loose.
Rule2: Obey rule 1.

Dont borrow him and tell him the truth you cant give the money out at this point in time.
hello sir, I was going through the forum looking for help/advice/how to get started/all about bitcoin trading. And it seems u a trustworthy person who can enlighten me about the business. So please I was hoping u can get back to me. I'm thinking of venturing into it and I need a mentor. If u can reply me, then I'd send u my mail or digits. Cheers.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Lalas247(f): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
I only loan white people why .. They fuvking pay back
Naija s on the other hand infact one forget say he never pay for the one I loan him before come they ask for another 200k
My mama no born mugu
Loan not and save grin exception if they are nearly dead with serious evidence n proof by medical professionals
Days of loaning are over

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by mavinc4u(f): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
pawesome:
collect a colateral frm him or his certs or sumtin to make him pay bak....dnt let moni destroy friendship....jst get somtin frm him to make him pay bak buh friendship is important

Op, please listen to this guy. He is the only one that made a lot sense. Forget those broke ass telling you that money lent to a friend should be forgotten, the earth revolves and nobody ever prays to be a borrower as some circumstances caused that. Tomorrow you might be in need and because you don't help, you won't be helped either. Use your brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by MissRaine69(f): 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Money is one of the top reasons why friends and family don't speak. As a rule of thump I don't loan very large sums of money to people.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Goodlyhrt(m): 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:

Op go legal with them if u really have to lend them money, let it involve a lawyer
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by 7footre(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
I learnt the hard way on this one!!! Borrowed a friend some serious money early this year... we are in august and i'm yet to get a dime from him.

Was discussing with him last month and he said even if I take him to court, the most they will do is to ask him when and how he would pay!!! And he would pay installmentally

Couldn't believ he actually said that... i'm having serious cash crunch and nigga is balling to my face!!!

Never giving anyone loan again, even with a gun to my face

Modified...
I remember a co tenant once came to me that her mum asked her to come back urgent bla bla bla she needs transport money and would pay me back as soon as she gets back...

Wait for it.....
She moved out two days later when I wasn't around.
Saw her a few days later and she spoke to me normal without any care in d world. That money still de voicemail. People of this world

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by pawesome(m): 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

Op, please listen to this guy. He is the only one that made a lot sense. Forget those broke ass telling you that money lent to a friend should be forgotten, the earth revolves and nobody ever prays to be a borrower as some circumstances caused that. Tomorrow you might be in need and because you don't help, you won't be helped either. Use your brain.
i knw wt n wt i hv gained due to moni lendin
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Iyaboaj(f): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Onliie:
To loan people money is human, to collect it back is divine.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
They say do not loan what you can't forget or loose, but I say loan any amount that can conjure the thoughts of an assassin against you.

One of the reasons the former President of France, the closest friend of Muamar Gaddafi spearheaded in the campaign to kill Muamar was that he had $2b belonging to Gaddafi his close friend. And in fact it was Gaddafi that sponsored his election for second term.

Be careful with loans. Your money can be used to kill you in order to 'eat' the difference for ever and ever.

Looks like everyone lost money to people we consider friends. Now, I have redefined what a friend means. It means the parasite or the symbiosist closest to you.

Easy with your packaging and de ja vu lifestyle though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Unimaginable123: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Op, u need to come to me for tutorial
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
helinues:

Keep your money busy in bonds, lands, and other kinds of investments.

Such problems start when you've got too much money lying around with no purpose.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
When asked for a loan which I cannot outrightly say no to, I take the person through a long and tiring process. Collateral, witness, signed papers...you'd give up on your own.

Heck, I love the boyfriend but I made him sign papers from my lawyers before I supported his 'dreams'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ceedon007(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Let the hard truth be told...
1: check if he is credible enough.
2: Know his reason for demanding for loan.
3: If he is a salary earner or a business person and has the potential to pay back.
Do not borrow such money to person wey no dey work... unless ur money go enter voice mail.
4: If u do not have... hit the nail at the head.. but u have to do it in a polite way. Just tell him u are managing urself.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Mindfido(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Op ur personal text said it all "Making cool money is the koko"
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by isaac65: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Odilafta1:
Direct them to LAPO.
Money and friends be like Buhari and Nigerians.

I don't give loans to friends. I direct them to credit companies that can help. A good friend of mine wanted an urgent loan to pay his daughter's school fees because the daughter was sent home due to non payment of the fees. I have assisted him in the past but the money was not paid back on time so I told him to contact some of those 24hours emergency loan and he was fortunate to get the loan from them. I think the company was called Kwikpay Credit. He was able to resolve his issue and I am able to keep my friend. So whenever I get loan request from Friends or family, I just tell them that I don't have but refer them to some of those loan credit companies and micro-finance banks.

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by vivalavida(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ziinno:
When asked for a loan which I cannot outrightly say no to, I take the person through a long and tiring process. Collateral, witness, signed papers...you'd give up on your own.

Heck, I love the boyfriend but I made him sign papers from my lawyers before I supported his 'dreams'.

Boss chic
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by ishayaauta(m): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
EfemenaXY:

I need to ask you guys (and ladies) this:

These so called "friends" who "borrow" and never repay back, do they ever come to ask / beg for more money?

Or do they feel too embarrassed to ask? This is for Naija based friends oh...

grin grin

they seem to want more,
after cooking up some story line's;
it's a never ending cycle.
Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
The truth is that if you ask these friends to borrow you money they won't.

So my solution is that b4 you ask me ssef, me go don dey ask you to borrow me money sef.

Another way is to always embark on top priority necessary projects you really need that way, you invest your money and barely have any left to borrow people. You sef will be in need of cash to complete your project not to talk of borrowing somebody money.
You can always be like, "as you can seee, I am building a house, pursuing a master's or phd program and it drains all my cash etc.

Most times, these friends embark on such project hoping to use "othher people's money" to further their goals...(as na dem get sense pass na)

Don't let your money lie idle, always invest or achieve goalss you"ve always wanted to achhieve.

Who knows, money kept aside doing nothing might lose its value with time or change in administration like this Buhari govt did to lots of idle cash.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? by eagleeye2: 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
I have been called wicked and stingy like forever. But bros, me dey manage like everyone else. Moreover, I am owing my bank and I have not finished paying the loan. If I finish paying up my loan, Ayam still going to collect another.
So, where do I get to loan you, from

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage: Does The Length Of Courtship Matter ? / Bitter Kola For Babies / Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.