Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

My Experience And Reaction To A 419 Call - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience And Reaction To A 419 Call (396 Views)

Saraki Says Oshiomole's Mouth Divided APC In Reaction To His Suspension / Reno Omokri: Jonathan’s Reaction To Sowore’s Detention By Buhari Government / Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience And Reaction To A 419 Call by 9jatriot(m): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Date: July 17th, 2017.
My phone rings and it shows private number on the screen. I cautiously picks the call. The caller immediately goes into familiar mode and begins to ask say he had been trying my line all day and only now did the line go through. My phone had been on all day and I had been receiving calls, well I help him by saying maybe it was network. He continues by asking about the family and how I am doing and how we are coping in Nigeria. Being used to these kinds of calls, I immediately sense that it is the same old format and so I flow along.
He gets to the second part of the act where he gets to ask me if I know who is calling, I initially responded no, then he says so I cannot recognise his voice? To which I quickly responded, is this uncle Mike? (first name that came to my head). Of course like they always do, he accepted the name, Uncle Mike (by the way, we really have an uncle Mike in the family). I also go familiar with him by asking how he has been, how he had forgotten us, he seems relax and says I should not be angry that things were not as easy before but getting better now. I quickly followup with how aunty Grace is? (another name that came to my head first), of course she is fine. Can I speak with her? No, she is not around now, went to work. Extend my greetings to her, and he says okay.
Now, we get to the third part of the act, where he gets to ask me if I have gotten the message he sent to me. I reply that I am yet to get it, was it to my email? He says no, that somebody was coming into the country so he gave him my number to be the recipient of the goods, the guys should have called to which I responded that he had not. He then ask me to call the guy, I should get a pen to write out the number. This is usually my part of the whole act. I tell him to hold on why I search for a pen, I waste about 5s doing that (of course I had a biro with me on my desk all along). Finally, I have the biro and paper and he gives me the number 08107230968 as the number to call. While taking that number, although I got it as he was calling it out, I delibrately say 390 instead of the 309 on the number. The whole idea is to waste his time and credit. I finally get the number and its time to call out the numbers to him. I start by saying 08007230968, he corrects me by saying it is not 080 but 081. I start again by saying 0817230968 and then I say to him, this number does not look complete, at this point he catches me in my game and says ogun fires him.
My question is, have I not lost the goods he gave someone to send to me? What should I do, should I call the number to request for my goods? LOL.
Please anyone with free credit can help bombard 08107230968 with calls and flashing. Is there a database where we can save this number as a fraudulent number??
Re: My Experience And Reaction To A 419 Call by tifany89(m): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2017
Lol @ ogun fires you cheesy. This is funny
Re: My Experience And Reaction To A 419 Call by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2017
Lol. Serve him right. At least,you taught him a lesson.

(1) (Reply)

#bring Back Our President # / PHOTOS: Gov. Ambode Visits Gov. Ajimobi / Senate To Refer Amendment Bills To State Assemblies Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.