Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,317 members, 7,860,765 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

If You Call Me Mathew You Will See My Red Eyes- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Call Me Mathew You Will See My Red Eyes- Obasanjo (304 Views)

Mathew Ndagoso-Manoso: Boko Haram Faction Providing Service To Borno Communities / Mathew Manoso Ndagoso To Buhari: 'You don't have the capacity to govern' / Man Who Tried To Kidnap Mathew Dike In Rivers Caught (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Call Me Mathew You Will See My Red Eyes- Obasanjo by chibbyRJ(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, has stressed that he has dropped Mathew from his names, even though it made it to his birth names, and those calling him that should stop because i am no tax-collector.

The former Nigerian President who disclosed this at an event organized in his honour by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) , said he dropped the name because of the Biblical character, Mathew, whom he was named after, was a tax collector.

When I was born, my mother and father decided to name me Matthew. I grew up being called and addressed Matthew. What is the meaning of Matthew in the Bible? He was a tax collector, he said.

So, when I grew up, I dropped Matthew from my name. If anyone does not want to see my eyes red, no one should call me Matthew again. People ask, what is in a name? For me, there is so much in a name.

Source: www.chibbyRJnaija.

A doctor mistake often leads to the death of one patient, he said.

A lawyer mistake leads to the client going to jail. But if an engineer makes a mistake that leads to the collapse of a bridge or house, many people would lose their lives.

That is why engineers must be very careful and must be efficient not to allow mistakes to be made.

(1) (Reply)

Fight Corruption By Preventing It / Nigeria To Explore African Market For Crude Oil Sale, Says Kachikwu / “the Most Important Credential A Leader Must Possess Is Honesty"- Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.