Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Am I Too Choosy? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Too Choosy? (49806 Views)

"Am I Too Much To Handle?" - Lady Shares Photos Of "Asset" / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / When A Guy Is Too Choosy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Trustworthiness: 7:49am On Aug 24, 2017
LaurelP:

U are lying. U can't leave Ikorodu by 6:30am and get to Ajah axis by 8am. It's not possible, unless u use a powerbike.

Yes it is. I am replying you in the bus and almost getting to my place of work at chevron drive not far from Ajah. I enter boat from ikorodu to VI, near Oriental Hotel. From there I enter bus to chevron bus stop.

Now, at 7:45am I am already in the office to complete this reply to your post.

supersystemsng:

Ikorodu to ajah wake 6am get there8.30am is a big lie... From Ojodu berger to Ajah alone is 2hours

That is for people that goes to work by road. I go to work and back home by boat every single working day. Leave the house btw 6:20am and 6:30am in the morning. Get to work at Chevron drive street before 8am. Close from work by 4:30pm. Take a bus to sandfill bus stop, by oriental Hotel. Get to my place of resident before 7pm everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Johnsonex1(m): 7:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Give her only N4million now and ask her to live in ikorodu, she ll nt think twice. No wonder Yemi Alade sang: `If u love me, buy me ferrari' Fact still alwys remains, the guy hav nt understood the girl's ironic context.

Any girl that can't consider using bad situations to determine her deepest love feelings is doing the opposite.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Chukazu: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2017
realtalk19:
firstly dear there is no safe place on earth,we ar only surviving by God grace. badoo or no badoo. armed robbers also burst houses.they also kill,rape and steal

i live in ikorodu town proper and theres nothing to b scared about.

u can stil run ur business even if married afterall there are people who work at lekki,VI even sango otta and stil go to work evryday.

if u nid to give him a trial then date him first and see hw serious he is wit the relationship and how far hes willing to go wit u and his sincerity too.

is he God fearing too coz you dnt know people till u get close to them.

follow your instincts. dnt continue wit wat ur mind is not at peace wit.u may be lucky if he ends up as mr right.

may God guide and direct ur ways.

Monitoring spirits undecided
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by rayobaba(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2017
Girl, if u love him, discuss with him probably relocating to another part of lagos instead of ikorodu. It will only take him a while to get his ikorodu money back.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Buffalo2(m): 8:00am On Aug 24, 2017
Caustics:
is the op advertising a tiled apartment in ikorodu?
I dont understand.
grin
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by mecussey(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

I like him cause of his sense of responsibility

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.
Thats one.. So inlove? Nope am not but I like him.. Hes a good responsible guy.

Sighs but my fear is ikorodu
With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.
And ikorodu is too fetish for my liking sad
With oro festivalsa and all

Then thieves abeg.

Where I live is very secured and safe

Am very paranoid about safety.
Due to past experience. Sighs

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.

Yep...you ve made your point, and I think you ve passed the stages of girls wey I love you dey shark. probably in your late 2wenties. I wonder why some men think women like to hear will u marry me? If i am a woman, i will be afraid to say i do to a total stranger that i dont know how he started. He could have at least carried you along all these while, in his work, biz, family etc. A woman owns the house, and he should not have paid for the house without the womans consent. Now, badoo have caused him the love of his life. You are right, do not compromise business with marriage. The marriage needs the business to flourish.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by critic9ja: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.
I said ok o.. I wish u safe relocating then. He said thank you
Then he said but there is one more issue.

I said ok, u want to throw send off party? I was laughing

He said noooo!

Hmm mm, hmmmm, I said what nah? Why hmmm?
Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!
Its not that u are good as a husband but sorry I can never live in ikorodu.
Not wit the killings going on there

Am sorry I cant cry

Wow! Pls stand up abeg.. I can't

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

Now peeps look at this scenario

I can't jeopardize my life cos of getting married.

Ikorodu for me is a no go area.

Do u guys and ladies feel I was unreasonable sad

I know am not a spring chicken but I can't put my life in danger cry
And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Pls I need reasonable views and replies about this issue

I don't want to feel like am a bad person sad

Pls dont mind my grammatical errors!

op I just had to help you out. firstly that you accept his proposal does not mean you will be moving in with him straight up. therefore your fear of ikorodu is not a tangible excuse. secondly, you don't know this guy might move out of ikorodu and look out for a new location because of you if you had agreed and stated your fears. thirdly since he is no longer staying at the same area with you again, give dating him a try. give him cookies after you are sure he deserves it. if he makes away after some bite of your cookies, be rest assured that his initial proposal may just be about eating your cookies. lastly, consult spiritualists (prophets, Alfa's, herbalist etc. depending on your faith) to know your future with him since you are considering marriage before you give him cookies. Be good!
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Sall(m): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.

With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.

Then thieves abeg.

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.

You know what is best and good for you. I will not advice you to sacrifice your career or business for a family both are the most important thing we human hope and pray for in life. Ikorodu is as safe as every were else right now due to the past incident of the baddo groups .every one is more careful and on the look out but for the traffic danm ...

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nnemuka(f): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2017
Trustworthiness:

Yes it is. I am replying you in the bus and almost getting to my place of work at chevron drive not far from Ajah. I enter boat from ikorodu to VI, near Oriental Hotel. From there I enter bus to chevron bus stop.

That is for people that goes to work by road. I go to work and back home by boat every single working day. Leave the house btw 6:20am and 6:30am in the morning. Get to work at Chevron drive street before 8am. Close from work by 4:30pm. Take a bus to sandfill bus stop, by oriental Hotel. Get to my place of resident before 7pm everyday.

so somebody that doesnt know how to swim should follow you and drown just because of marriage Okwaya? continue
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by kelimani: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2017
From your disposition you like him, on a more serious note " Time and chance wait for no man". Why can't you sit him down and communicate your fears and limitations? You can never tell his response to your worries perhaps, a better option can be proffered. My suggestion thoug.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by richyblink1(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.

He said noooo!

Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!

Am sorry I cant cry

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Thought you should be more concern about your feelings and togetherness with him. Like if he will make a good husband, if you can stay as couple, if his future can accommodate you etc.

I think you are looking at the secondary things, instead of focusing on the primary issues.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by paskilo28: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2017
D area can't be d problem, if he Z truly a good man as u said, he cn easily relocate to a better environment cos of u.It is left 4 u to tell him ur reasons 4 nt accepting him yet
#cheers
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by mima247(f): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2017
marriage is not always black n white.its about compromise and feed back.tell him your fears about loosing ur bizness.I can understand how u feel being asked to leave what has become a part of ur identity by DAT I mean ur bizness. besides is he ready to carry ur bukata fully and I don't think after all UV been thru to be successful u would throw it all away.
anyways.as for d rent issue .he can always ask for his rent money back and get another place in estates like ketu cmd etc.its really not a big deal.You will know if he's husband material if he's willing to adjust and discuss with u on how to make it work.but don't be too rigid .
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by ponti93(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

you shuldnt have just told him no straight up...in this case u made him feel like u rejected him, cos u were not into him. You should have been like... I would like to marry you but i cant live in ikorodu and i cant move out my business to a place like that...
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by realtalk19: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Chukazu:

Monitoring spirits undecided
i suppose u made an error typing on d wrong moniker chukazu
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Isabellove: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin, your points are all valid. You have a right to be concerned about your life and I expect him to be also. Have a chat with him. Look out for his expressions and the things he does not say. All these will give you a clearer picture into the type of person he is. Whatever decision you take, DON'T MORTGAGE YOUR FUTURE FOR ANY MAN.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Femistico(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2017
@alexialin so u mean u wanna go into marriage with this your neighbour without dating first, I hope you won't come back here seeking for advice after a year of blissful marriage...
Secondly, why can't this man first seek your opinion of moving to ikorodu b4 now, and he knew he's into you and wanna marry you... Well, if he's already pay the agent I think he should talk to him of refund or so or forgo the money and move to your desired location that will suit both of you...you guys need to sit down and talk if you love him...my 1kobo
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Maxvasia(m): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

Hmmm. Alexialin smiley. Anyway.....just be more logical than Emotional. There lies all u need smiley
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Chukazu: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
realtalk19:

i suppose u made an error typing on d wrong moniker chukazu
Sorry dear, I did... Meant for the post before your post
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by fpeter(f): 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
Not every part of Ikorodu is unsafe, my family lives in Ikorodu and most of the times where Badoo incidents were recorded are the interior parts of the town. My dear, if that young man is as good as you described then give him a chance. Date him, get to know him well, you can get married, plan your lives and move to a better environment when the time is right. Imagine if he had come from overseas, would you have thought twice before resigning from your job to join him? Again, what if you get an okay guy living on the island today but then he loses his job after marriage and you guys have to relocate to Ikorodu or Ibafo, would you not go with him?
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by realtalk19: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chukazu:

Sorry dear, I did... Meant for the post before your post
hmm.tot as much. goodluck
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by odinga1of: 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
AryaSand:

If your locs look scruffy and you don't have a Car please don't come. But if it's neat and you can pack it well, you should. I know a couple of people with locs that live in Ikorodu. Just make sure you Dress decently, avoide carrying a back pack (The NPF/Sars working in Ikorodu are useless, they see a guy carrying a back pack and he is labelled a Yahoo boy and your dreads would even make it worse sef) have your ID in your wallet and notify your sister when coming.
Thanks so much sisi, I am coming from Warri to visit them. I will notify my sister before I enter DAT Ikorodu.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
Trustworthiness:

Okay...I'm familiar with the boat trips.. You're on point boss. But why not rent an apartment around Langbasa?
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Trustworthiness: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
supersystemsng:

Okay...I'm familiar with the boat trips.. You're on point boss. But why not rent an apartment around Langbasa?

I can't leave my house for rented apartment not built to my taste. Moreover, those area are prone to flooding anytime it rains
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
Trustworthiness:

I can't leave my house for rented apartment not built to my taste.

Ah i get... Nice one... You're the man boss
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by 400billionman: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

He said noooo!

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!

Am sorry I cant cry

Sighs

Do you like him ?

Yes or No.

Often times ladies like putting the cart before the horse. We are talking of MARRIAGE, not Ikorodu.

If you like him, tell him you will marry him but that you won't stay in Ikorodu. Simple. They are two different things. One cannot influence the other..
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by 400billionman: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

Although he wanted us to date but I told him I dont do neighbor relationship, Infact street relationship I no do

And maybe he feels, am scared he will dump me after sexxx? Which is one paranoia I have as well. U know how guys are? After sexxx? They move on.
I don't want such to happen to me on the same street. I will just die of shame! God!

So I made it clear to him, no dating.
So he came up with marriage and he said I can ask people around, he's a good man and husband material.

My problem is ikorodu. I can marry a man am not in love with, as long as hes presentable, has a good job, and he cares for me and hes good, loving and faithful, I have no problem. With time I will fall in love. Love is overrated jare

I pray he doesn't take it to heart I said no

If only he had consult me before taking such drastic steps!

It would have been a different story. I would have gladly say yes! And hang my boots on dating, just focus on making my new family work! And also understand him too.

If only he asked for my opinion!

A potential husband slipping off my hands. sad

Cos hes indeed a gentle man.

He wanted dating you and you said NO because you are neighbors.

He rented a far apartment to please you and asked for marriage you still said NO and you are now regretting.

You are just confused..

Why cant you ever say YES in your life ?

Worrying about neighbors, now worrying about Ikorodu. Smh

If you keep waiting for that perfect condition, you won't marry o.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by princedede(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=falconey post=58580139] Do you love him?
If yes drop those excuses up there and start planning a family.

Wait a minute is it all area in ikorodu that is unsafe? am sure he won't wanna live in danger as well.

[/quo
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by princedede(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

He said noooo!

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!

Am sorry I cant cry

Sighs

The story doesn't sound complete but lemme just say one or things.

1. Have u guys been having any form of relationship apart from the normal changing of tires and gisting?.

2. Your reason of not accepting is based on the fact that ikorodu is not safe and also that it's far from your office.

That leads me to number 1. I think he should have told you beforehand his intentions both relocating and his proposal. Then you both would've decided on it, instead of bashing you with it.

Well as it is now the did has been done. If you love him, you can't just let go of this opportunity all because of the relocating site. Accept the proposal and let him know your thoughts. Especially considering the distance from your office and the security of the area. This is something you can both discuss amicably. Thanks
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
the guy jumped the gun, he hasnt dated the girl first, he just went straight to marriage proposal. who does that?
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by tk4rd: 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Tell urself the truth..
You don't want the guy..
All these reasons you are giving are just fake excuses..
What if he gives up that flat for you and come back to that place he stayed before, just for you to change your mind,, would you accept him.??
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by erumena(m): 3:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Lionessza:
Firstly do you love him enough to commit to him? Jumping to marry someone because he's a nice guy who proposed and you feel you're no longer younger sounds a little bit desperate to me.

Secondly , why would he propose marriage after deciding he's leaving and has made all the preparations and he knows you have a job in your area. He sounds selfish to me, a relationship is about both your comforts not just his. In this case it sounds like he thought about his needs only and expects you to make the compromises and sacrifices and that's not a great way to start a serious relationship especially marriage.

You are saying he wants to move to a place that's dangerous, not to make you paranoid or anything but be careful that he is not planning something dangerous for you, why propose now when he's made arrangements to move there. Why not ask you out before ?. Maybe you should forget abut the marriage thing now and start dating, and he should do the visiting at first to check his true intentions and how sincere he is as a potential husband.

I don't think he's been selfish by proposing to the op after making arrangements to relocate, he probably felt he should put somethings in place before making the proposal.

However, the proposal was a little bit hasty. They can date first and see what happens from there,

Op is also right to be concerned for her own safety. Ikorodu for me is a no no, not just because of Badoo but it doesn't just look promising to stay.

Like she pointed out, her business is also a factor, if she loses what she laboured for for 11 years due marriage, resentment might set in, you and I know that marriage is a lifetime commitment.

Op if you are reading this, follow your heart, but also try to talk to him about your fears and if you like him enough to date him, please do and use that opportunity to weigh your options.

My 2 kobo fa!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When She Says "Its Over" / How The Gift I Innocently Got For My Boss's Daughter Got Me Into Trouble / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Secondary School Babe After 15 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.