Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Am I Too Choosy? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Too Choosy? (49812 Views)

"Am I Too Much To Handle?" - Lady Shares Photos Of "Asset" / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / When A Guy Is Too Choosy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
There's a new fever without a vaccine yet. Its called Lia Muhammad and it is reading borne.

Op has been doing a lot of reading.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by odinga1of: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
amedualiyu:
People are just generalizing ikorodu for Badoo. I live in Ikorodu( agric ) and work in Lekki. I leave by 5am everyday and I won`t be back until pass 9pm.Am not ready to leave this area for anywhere in Lagos except Lekki,Ikoyi & V.I. Badoo guys only operate in the remote area in ikorodu. I don`t expect your assumed fiancé to get accommodation in such area. Please, ask him the area in ikorodu before you conclude. please, revert back!
so Boss the Ikorodu (Agric) area is safe, becus Dats where my senior sister lives. but I deh fear to come that area becus of my dreadlocks. so how safe is Agric Area of Ikorodu.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by 0079jaBond(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Interesting.
I'll keep this very short and simple.

Listen ma'am, marriage is a long-term business, hence shouldn't be treated with short-term inconveniences. This thing called marriage involves love, vision and purpose. So dear, what does your heart say and what's your future calling? An honest answer to this will save you lots of headaches.

Moreso, I think your reason for refusing as stated in your write-up, is childish. Bitter truth.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
Aunty, I live in Ikorodu. As a matter of fact I stay alone in the whole house. Millions of people live in ikorodu. Everything we do in this life is a risk, even the water we drink and food we cook ourselves. If you don't like him enough to Date or marry him, let him know. Living in Ikorodu shouldn't be an excuse.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by brightdave: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Don't use these excuses to miss what you feel may be good for you give the guy a chance and see the future is bright. please those excuses are not worth it at alllll
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by uzoormah(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Nope we weren't dating
We are friends
I feel maybe as hes moving down to ikorodu, he won't get to see me as much as he would love to

I guess? undecided

Op marry me o.. i live in festac..festac is very safe
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by jidobaba(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Alexialin, Lol @"i know I'm not a spring chicken". That was heartwarming, and I agree, Ikorodu is a no-no. What was he thinking?!

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by ww007: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.
I said ok o.. I wish u safe relocating then. He said thank you
Then he said but there is one more issue.

I said ok, u want to throw send off party? I was laughing

He said noooo!

Hmm mm, hmmmm, I said what nah? Why hmmm?
Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!
Its not that u are good as a husband but sorry I can never live in ikorodu.
Not wit the killings going on there

Am sorry I cant cry

Wow! Pls stand up abeg.. I can't

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

Now peeps look at this scenario

I can't jeopardize my life cos of getting married.

Ikorodu for me is a no go area.

Do u guys and ladies feel I was unreasonable sad

I know am not a spring chicken but I can't put my life in danger cry
And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Pls I need reasonable views and replies about this issue

I don't want to feel like am a bad person sad

Pls dont mind my grammatical errors!
others are running away from ikorodu and he's moving there? well, if the location is the only obstacle, why don't u tell him? if he loves you and wants you as a wife, he should ask for a refund from the land lord and get a decent place in a better area. but i honestly don't think u are in love with the guy. just don't play along and hurt him later.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Faithscharms2(f): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
If he is serious then he will find another place where you will be comfortable..maybe you should run it by him.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
odinga1of:

so Boss the Ikorodu (Agric) area is safe, becus Dats where my senior sister lives. but I deh fear to come that area becus of my dreadlocks. so how safe is Agric Area of Ikorodu.
If your locs look scruffy and you don't have a Car please don't come. But if it's neat and you can pack it well, you should. I know a couple of people with locs that live in Ikorodu. Just make sure you Dress decently, avoide carrying a back pack (The NPF/Sars working in Ikorodu are useless, they see a guy carrying a back pack and he is labelled a Yahoo boy and your dreads would even make it worse sef) have your ID in your wallet and notify your sister when coming.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by AjiChris(f): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

Although he wanted us to date but I told him I dont do neighbor relationship, Infact street relationship I no do

And maybe he feels, am scared he will dump me after sexxx? Which is one paranoia I have as well. U know how guys are? After sexxx? They move on.
I don't want such to happen to me on the same street. I will just die of shame! God!

So I made it clear to him, no dating.
So he came up with marriage and he said I can ask people around, he's a good man and husband material.

My problem is ikorodu. I can marry a man am not in love with, as long as hes presentable, has a good job, and he cares for me and hes good, loving and faithful, I have no problem. With time I will fall in love. Love is overrated jare

I pray he doesn't take it to heart I said no

If only he had consult me before taking such drastic steps!

It would have been a different story. I would have gladly say yes! And hang my boots on dating, just focus on making my new family work! And also understand him too.

If only he asked for my opinion!

A potential husband slipping off my hands. sad

Cos hes indeed a gentle man.
eyah! Oh his inlove already,the problem now is that he has paid for the rent but if you can stylishly ask him if the landlord can refund him...so he will find another place
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Akowemoon(m): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
Pls what's the title of this novel?can I get it on jumia or konga?
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Cooleasy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.
I said ok o.. I wish u safe relocating then. He said thank you
Then he said but there is one more issue.

I said ok, u want to throw send off party? I was laughing

He said noooo!

Hmm mm, hmmmm, I said what nah? Why hmmm?
Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!
Its not that u are good as a husband but sorry I can never live in ikorodu.
Not wit the killings going on there

Am sorry I cant cry

Wow! Pls stand up abeg.. I can't

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

Now peeps look at this scenario

I can't jeopardize my life cos of getting married.

Ikorodu for me is a no go area.

Do u guys and ladies feel I was unreasonable sad

I know am not a spring chicken but I can't put my life in danger cry
And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Pls I need reasonable views and replies about this issue

I don't want to feel like am a bad person sad

Pls dont mind my grammatical errors!

This is NOT enough reason to reject a person you know as a good husband material. You did not even think of working around the problem with him, like suggesting living somewhere else, or further fortifying the security of the house.
And who told you that living in Ikorodu is a death sentence? I am writing this from Ikorodu right now. And I've been living here for over 9 years.
You'd better retrace your steps back to the good man. Husband materials are very scarce these days o. A bad security situation in Ikorodu, which has now been largely brought under control, is not enough reason for you to miss a big opportunity of a happy married life.
If you have reservations about the place he is planning to move to, sit him down and jointly discuss a solution with him. That's if you truly and sincerely love him.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by mako007(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

Although he wanted us to date but I told him I dont do neighbor relationship, Infact street relationship I no do

And maybe he feels, am scared he will dump me after sexxx? Which is one paranoia I have as well. U know how guys are? After sexxx? They move on.
I don't want such to happen to me on the same street. I will just die of shame! God!

So I made it clear to him, no dating.
So he came up with marriage and he said I can ask people around, he's a good man and husband material.

My problem is ikorodu. I can marry a man am not in love with, as long as hes presentable, has a good job, and he cares for me and hes good, loving and faithful, I have no problem. With time I will fall in love. Love is overrated jare

I pray he doesn't take it to heart I said no

If only he had consult me before taking such drastic steps!

It would have been a different story. I would have gladly say yes! And hang my boots on dating, just focus on making my new family work! And also understand him too.

If only he asked for my opinion!

A potential husband slipping off my hands. sad

Cos hes indeed a gentle man.

I swear come and marry me already.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

I investigated him and I found out his married, he left his 5years old marriage without considering his wife's feelings.

Thats y he choose inside ikorodu, where d wife cannot easily locate him

I was dumbfounded when the results of my investigation started pouring in.
I confronted him, and guess his excuse for leaving his wife?

Cause she couldn't bear him a child in their 5 years of marriage and hes fedup already.

Can u beat that?

Abeg hes filled with so much baggages and am not into married men.
At all!
Wow!!!!! Are you kidding me? He should be locked up. Just 5years and he wants to move on with someone else. Women have suffer.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
supersystemsng:

We need to go back to old school. Before we accept proposals we all need to pray about it, investigate, talk to people about it...before saying yes...What was his motive anyway? Maybe you're rich or pretty...He sees something in you o..arewa

He certainly have a motive for sure.

Anyways that's his problem.

Have moved on.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
AryaSand:

Wow!!!!! Are you kidding me? He should be locked up. Just 5years and he wants to move on with someone else. Women have suffer.

Am serious

Thats so mean. angry
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
@alexialin you liked him already! Good. You don't want to waste time but go ahead to start your family, good. He's a potential husband, someone you've been hoping on, good. But do you know him very well, does he not have a kid or two somwer else. Well I'll advice you to date him first and try to do some seo on him.. And for the ikorodu area, seriously I myself do not like that area a bit, maybe you should just talk it through with him, and whatever the resolution is let your heart guide you, shalom.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by demarc001: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

I like him cause of his sense of responsibility

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.
Thats one.. So inlove? Nope am not but I like him.. Hes a good responsible guy.

Sighs but my fear is ikorodu
With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.
And ikorodu is too fetish for my liking sad
With oro festivalsa and all

Then thieves abeg.

Where I live is very secured and safe

Am very paranoid about safety.
Due to past experience. Sighs

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.

Op you are so funny. You didn't even consider the fact that you can influence him not to move to your nightmare(ikorodi). Both of you putting mind together he can let out the place add fund and get a new accommodation somewhere else.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Sagay212: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
How anybody can be moving to ikorodu at this age and time is funny. I don't blame the OP. I don't pray to see anything that will make me live in that plucked up ikorodu. That place is so annoying. Very far, rough, unsafe and too crowded. How can you be working on the island and be living in ikorodu? You'll just die before your time. Some people live deep down ikorodu almost close to ogun state. In fact ikorodu is ogun state as far as I'm concerned. You be hearing funny places like, igbogbo, elepe, ita maga, igbo olomu, gberibe(very funny), agbede, and some strange names. OP don't even try it else you'll regret. If he is serious about marriage, he should be looking to rent a house in a more reasonable area and not ikorodu because you want cheap house. Can he drive home without fear in ikorodu around 11:30 pm or 12 am?

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
Tosinex:
@alexialin you liked him already! Good. You don't want to waste time but go ahead to start your family, good. He's a potential husband, someone you've been hoping on, good. But do you know him very well, does he not have a kid or two somwer else. Well illustrator advice you date him first and try to do some seo on him.. And for the ikorodu area, seriously I myself do not like that area a bit, maybe you should just talk it through with him, and whatever the resolution is let your heart guide you, shalom.

Hes not a potential husband. Read my recent replies.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Chiefheywhy(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Benekruku:
Wait till when you re 45 and see if you won't accept a proposal of someone living comfortably in Sambisa forest
Omg! ...Why evuls? cheesy grin
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Chiefheywhy:

Omg! ...Why evuls? cheesy grin

Dont mind him.

Hes decreeing on himself.

I know his type.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Am serious

Thats so mean. angry
Please Run and never look back. He's a demon, he rented the ikorodu house so he can put you there to be making babies thinking by the time you find out he's married it would be too late. Then his wife will find out about the whole thing somehow, get your address and send someone to kill You and the kids and herself too. (I saw it in a movie one time like that.)
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Trustworthiness: 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
So, someone like me residing in ikorodu and working close to Ajah, living my home between 6:20am and 6:30am everyday and getting to work before 8 am is not safe and lost my job?

I think you have a big problem. You are proberbly living and have your business in Lekki and Ajah axis. Ladies living in area like that sees others living in other areas of Lagos as second class human being.

It is even much easier if you truely own you business yourself.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by pretty050(f): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
[quote author=wristbangle post=58620833]I don't understand you OP. Something is missing! A guy cannot just propose to u without being in a relationship with you. The story looks half baked to me[
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by pretty050(f): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
wristbangle:
I don't understand you OP. Something is missing! A guy cannot just propose to u without being in a relationship with you. The story looks half baked to me
unfortunately I've met men like that, they just come n the next thing u hear is 'I want to marry you'
just like that, no friendship, no relationship. just aquentance
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Chyxki: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
I think something is telling you it's a good proposal for you...sha that's by-the -way.

Refusing a proposal just because of all the things you hear of Ikorodu might not be such a good decision. Your job might be a better reason.

However, people can always move to a 'safer' place after rent expiry. (The place sef might not be the unsafe picture you may have in mind)

If you feel he's right for you, put aside all the girlish things and be a woman for him... many times life no dey too smooth at the beginning.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Hes not a potential husband. Read my recent replies.
OK good, then date him to know if he will be a good husband. But the ikorodu issue, kindly strike it out with him.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
You made a wise decision.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Chiefheywhy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
alexialin:

Dont mind him.
Hes decreeing on himself.
I know his type.
Cool...
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by LaurelP(m): 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Trustworthiness:
So, someone like me residing in ikorodu and working close to Ajah, living my home between 6:20am and 6:30am everyday and getting to work before 8 am is not safe and lost my job?

I think you have a big problem. You are proberbly living and have your business in Lekki and Ajah axis. Ladies living in area like that sees others living in other areas of Lagos as second class human being.

It is even much easier if you truely own you business yourself.

U are lying. U can't leave Ikorodu by 6:30am and get to Ajah axis by 8am. It's not possible, unless u use a powerbike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How The Gift I Innocently Got For My Boss's Daughter Got Me Into Trouble / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Secondary School Babe After 15 Years Of Dating / People Still Pick Phone Calls While Cheating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.