Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250302 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
Don’t Doubt The Word! · Friday, April 27th · Pastor Anita

And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform (Romans 4:19-21).

Time tests faith. You can easily tell whether someone is walking in faith or in unbelief when he’s pressed for time. When pressure builds after an expected process is yet to yield the desired result and you begin to vacillate, wondering whether or not you heard God right, that’s unbelief, not faith.
Many people unknowingly walk in unbelief every day, because they don’t fully understand what it means to be unbelieving. To be unbelieving is to doubt the veracity and integrity of God’s Word. Faith, on the other hand, doesn’t doubt, no matter the circumstances; it’s fully persuaded that what God has said is the absolute reality.

Where unbelief starts fretting because of some delay, faith remains unshaken; being confident that what God has said will surely come to pass. The Lord Jesus in Mark 11:23 said, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall NOT DOUBT in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." It’s not for you to wonder how the mountain will move into the sea after you’ve commanded it to move. Yours is to focus on the result and refuse to vacillate; be fully persuaded that your confessions of faith will produce the desired results: "…and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 John 5:4).

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for the infallibility of your Word and its prevailing power in my life! My confidence and trust is in the ability of your Word to build me up and make me all that you’ve destined me to be, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: James 1:6; Hebrews 3:12; Romans 11:20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Samuel 29-31; Luke 22:39-65

2 Year Reading Plan : R omans 16:12-27 ;Psalm 135-
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:14am On Apr 28, 2012
Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Saturday, April 28th · Pastor Chris

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:38).

A lady gave birth to a child that was blind and started crying, "Oh God, what has this innocent child done to be born blind? Oh God, why did you do this?" She held God responsible for such a misfortune out of her ignorance. Many people ignorantly attribute every mishap to an act of God; this is wrong! God is not the author of the pain, sickness and misery in the lives of many. Rather, He’s the healer, restorer, and mender of broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.

Our opening scripture reveals God’s character and nature of love, kindness, and compassion, while revealing Satan as the one who oppresses people with sickness, hardship, pain and misery. It tells us that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. Notice, it wasn’t God who made the people sick; but it was God who sent Jesus to heal them.

The case of blind Bartimaeus readily buttresses this. The Bible says he was born blind; not satisfied with his condition, he cried out to Jesus for help, and the Lord restored his sight (Mark 10:51-52). In this case, the man was born blind, and then Jesus healed him, proof-positive it wasn’t God who made him blind. A similar case was when Jesus and His disciples met another man who was born blind. His disciples asked Him, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2).

The Lord responded, "...Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." The devil’s work was manifested in the man’s life, which was the blindness, but the Lord Jesus went on to say, "…but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of Him that sent me," (John 9:3-4) and healed the man.

Evidently, God is the healer while the devil is the oppressor responsible for all the sickness, disease and misery that people suffer from! Nevertheless, thanks be unto God; He’s given us power to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead and cast out devils (Matthew 10:cool. Like Jesus, you ought to go about doing good, healing those who are oppressed of the devil, for God is with you.

Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, blessed be your Name forever for your light that shines brightly in this dark world, bringing healing, deliverance, preservation, and strength to the oppressed and afflicted, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1John 3:8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Samuel 1-3; Luke 22:66-23:1-25

2 Year Reading Plan : 1Corinthians 1:1-9 ;Psalm 137-138
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
Your True Commitment – Sunday April 29, 2012 – Pastor Chris

And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had. (Luke 21:1-4).

Money amplifies your character, and is a measure of what you’re truly committed to. Nothing reveals the inner thoughts of a man’s heart or character as much as money; what you do with money shows the things that are truly important to you.

As a Christian, “seeding the Gospel,” that is, committing your money to world evangelism should be your topmost priority. You should become outstanding in this endeavour. As you faithfully give what you have, the Lord will multiply your finances and increase your capacity to give more. Luke 6:38 says, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured unto you again.”

When you give consistently in the House of God, the angels will network you with men and women all around the world to give to you. He does this so that your capacity to give towards the furtherance of the Gospel will continually be on the increase: “…Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:7-cool.

Always give financially towards the spread of the Gospel; seek opportunities to do this. This is a demonstration of your true commitment to the Lord, and reveals the true character of your heart. Remember, your number one expression of love for the Master is to care for what He cares about; the souls of men. So, let your financial participation in the furtherance and propagation of the Gospel be very clear and take it to the next level.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the awesome privilege of being a conveyor of the great Gospel of Christ to everyone in my world! I rejoice and praise you for counting me faithful, enlisting me as an able minister and financier of the Gospel. I commit myself humbly and wholly to this glorious ministry of reconciliation in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

1 Corinthians 9:17
For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan: Luke 23:26-49; 2 Samuel 4-6
2 Year Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 1:10-21; Psalm 139-140
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2012
Don’t Be Casual With The Word! · monday, april 30th · Pastor Anita

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

Yielding or giving yourself to the Word of God is not a partial endeavour, but something you do with all of your being. The Word of God requires rapt, undivided attention. Proverbs 4:20 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings." This means, give yourself wholly to the Word and channel your passions towards the Word, knowing that it’s the food for your spirit
This, for example, is the reason you can’t listen to the Word as you would an academic lecture; or leaf through the Bible as you would your history lecture notes. Hosea 6:3 says, "Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord…," then 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." This is talking about going after the Word with a ravenous appetite; craving it more than physical food, which is what the Lord reiterates in Mathew 4:4 "…Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

This emphatically means you can live by God’s Word. Every time you receive the Word, your spirit is nourished; you receive up-to-date information from God’s throne room. In addition, you’re strengthened, cleansed, purified and you receive wisdom and lasting inspiration that sets you apart and makes you a wonder.

Never have a casual relationship with the Word of God! When it’s time to go to church, know that it’s serious business because the Church is where you receive lessons for life through the Word. No one who listens to the Word of God consistently ends up a failure or in defeat; it’s not possible! You might say, "Well, listening to the Word isn’t really what matters, doing what it says is all that counts!" Yes, that’s true; but anyone who’ll listen long enough to the Word will certainly end up a doer of the Word.

If you keep listening to the Word, it will become the abundance of your heart, which will, in turn, dominate your thinking, and come forth out of your mouth: "…for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Mathew 12:34). The Word in your heart will come forth from your mouth, and necessarily take possession of your daily walk!

Confession

I experience victory, success, health, and abundance today and always because I live in the Word, by the Word, and through the Word! The Word has gained the mastery over my spirit, soul and mind, giving me a formidable mind-set—the mind-set of the just!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Peter 1:23; Act 20:32

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Samuel 7-8 ;Luke 23:50-24:1-12

2 Year Reading Plan : 1 Corinthians 1:22-31; Psalm 141-142
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:23am On May 04, 2012
Give The Lord "His Cut!" · Friday, May 4th · Pastor Chris

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it (Malachi 3:10).

God’s plan for His kids is for them to walk in financial independence. His financial plan is such that guarantees your prosperity irrespective of all the economic meltdowns, downgrades, etc., plaguing today’s world. Recent happenings in many nations have further confirmed that the economic systems of the world can’t give permanent prosperity, because they’re doomed to fail. Therefore, as a Christian, you must play by a different set of rules; you must employ ...Kingdom principles in your finances.

One of such principles of financial increase for the Christian is tithing. Tithing means giving the Lord ten percent of your income; it’s a means of "circumcising" your finances. When you study in both the Old and New Testaments, you’d observe that the word circumcision is translated from the Hebrew "namal," and Greek "peritemno" respectively, which means "to cut out" or "take out a cut from." Thus, when you tithe or give to God, you’re "taking out a cut" for Him; you’re giving Him "His cut" of your income.

Observe again from our opening verse the great blessing that accrues to you from doing this: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Not only do you sanctify and connect your finances to Jehovah, when you pay your tithes consistently, you also set yourself up to receive unprecedented financial blessings.

Plus that, your understanding of spiritual realities is enhanced; you become divinely circumspect. The wisdom of God functions in you in such a unique way, guiding you away from trouble! That wisdom also causes you to function with financial intelligence such that you don’t incur losses because the devourer has been rebuked for your sake.

Confession

Durable riches and wealth are mine because I’m the seed of Abraham! Through my giving and paying of tithes, my finances are sanctified unto the Lord and my prosperity is guaranteed! The adversary and devourer are rebuked for my sake, and I function in increased grace for financial abundance in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Malachi 3:10; Galatians 6:7-8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Samuel 18-19; John 1:19-51

2 Year Reading Plan : 1 Corinthians 3:10-23; Psalm 149-150
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:58am On May 11, 2012
Turn It Over To The Lord! – Friday May 11, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God (Philippians 4:6).

When Christians find themselves beset with a myriad of problems, maybe in their finances, at work, in the family or even with relatives, the natural recourse, for most, at such times would be to pray! But how do you pray about such nagging and seemingly intractable issues; especially when they are trying to rob you of your peace and joy, and make life a frustrating experience?
Actually, if you were to pray about all the challenges and problems you face on a daily basis, you’ll probably spend eternity on your knees. Knowing this, God gave us the Holy Spirit to help us pray with understanding; to teach us how to pray, and what to pray about: “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Romans 8:26).

If you carry the burden of all the problems and the challenges that life throws at you, your life will become full of worries. God doesn’t want your life to go that way; He wants you free of worries and anxieties. That’s why he says, ‘cast all your cares upon me’ (1 Peter 5:7); He’s saying to you, “Turn your problems and challenges to me; leave them alone and focus on me!” When you focus on the Lord and allow the Spirit take control of your situation, He’ll inspire you to pray all the more effectively about your circumstances.

Refuse to worry about whatever predicament you may be facing right now; turn it over to the Lord and ask the Holy Spirit to take charge for you and pray through you. He’ll inspire you to utter in prayer words that He Himself formed within your spirit! That’s when you can really pray about a nagging situation without limitations, and prevail. It’s through the Holy Spirit; He puts the right words in your mouth with which to articulately express your desire to the Father.

Prayer
Precious Lord, what a blessing to know that you love and care for me affectionately! I embrace the life of peace, rest and victory you’ve brought me into, enjoying the glorious partnership and participation of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: John 5:31-47; 1 Kings 7-8
2 Year Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 7:10-24; Proverbs 7

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by SunnyChus(m): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
You Have To Be Righteous To Live Right! · Tuesday, July 17th · Pastor Chris

...They which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

Many don’t understand the difference between righteousness and right living. Being born again, you’ve been made righteous by God, and that’s the only reason God would expect you to live right. He wouldn’t expect someone who isn’t righteous to live right. Religion teaches the opposite: that if you would live right, then God would make you righteous. That’s not what the Word teaches. Some say, "If you would just live right, then God will accept you"; that’s also inconsistent with the truth of God’s Word.

Righteousness gives birth to right living. A man can only live right when he is righteous. A dog barks because it’s a dog. A cat can’t bark, because it’s not a dog. A dog will bark because that’s its nature. In the same vein, after being born again, righteousness is no longer something you’re looking for or trying to attain, but something that you put to work. It’s the nature you were born with in Christ, which now gives you the ability to do right and live righteously to the glory of God.

By virtue of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, you’ve been made righteous. 2 Corinthians 5: 21 says, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." You’ve been declared righteous by faith: "Therefore being justified (declared righteous) by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). This is the Gospel: that an ungodly person can become righteous by having faith in that which was done by Jesus Christ for us on the Cross.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you today, for giving me your righteousness as a gift. I reign and rule as a king today, as I boldly take advantage of my right standing with you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 5:18-19

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 7-10 ;A cts 25:1-12

2 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 5:1-12; Isaiah 37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2012
“Generational Blessing” – Wednesday July 18, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

No Christian should be afraid of any “generational curse”; rather, we should be thankful for “generational blessings.” This blessing was passed from Abraham to Isaac and to Jacob, and then to us, the new creation in Christ; we’re the spiritual seed of Abraham.

If you’re born again, you’re the inheritor of the blessing of Abraham because the promise was to Abraham and his seed: “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ” (Galatians 3:16). Galatians 3:29 says, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Therefore, you’re the blessed of God; and whatsoever is born of God can’t be cursed; it’s blessed!

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” Being born again, you’re a brand new species; born blessed and without a past. You have a new lineage in Christ Jesus; it’s a linage of the blessed! This is the Lord’s doing; He called and chose you for a life of blessing. He’s not about to do it; He’s done it already: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3).

You’ve been translated out of the kingdom of darkness, into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son; a Kingdom of unlimited blessings. The life of abundance and unlimited prosperity is your heritage in Christ. Refuse to allow ignorance rob you of a vibrant and effective life.

Prayer
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has begotten me unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, ushering me into the life of unending blessings. Hallelujah!

Further Study
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Genesis 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Acts 25:13-26:1; Psalms 11-16
2 Year Reading Plan: Galatians 5:13-19; Isaiah 38
Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2012
God Takes Special Interest In You · Friday, July 20th · Pastor Chris

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren (Romans 8:29).

God knew you before you were born; did you ever stop to think about it? It reveals just how special you are to Him. He foreknew and predestined you to a glorious life ever before you were born.

The word "foreknow" as used in our opening verse means much more than just knowing about someone ahead of time. It also connotes to take special interest in someone. God takes special interest in you because of Jesus Christ. He planned your life ahead of time. He planned to make you walk in preordained pathways and be conformed to the image and likeness of His son, Jesus.

Observe our theme verse again, this time, from the Amplified version: "For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was aware and loved beforehand], He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness]..." Blessed truth! It’s like what the Lord said in Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." I’ve often tried to imagine what must have gone through the mind of Jeremiah, when the Lord said those words, telling him, "I chose you before you were born."

Now, this isn’t limited to Jeremiah; it applies to you too. God also knew you before you were born. You didn’t come to this world by chance; He knew you were coming; therefore you’re not an accident. Never gripe, complain or worry about past mistakes. You should always declare, "My life is for the glory of God; I’m journeying in preordained pathways." No matter what happens, square up, chin up, and be conscious that the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has established you in preordained pathways.

Prayer

Dear Father, what an honour to know you delight in me specially! I’m propelled by your wisdom to walk in the paths of victory, joy, prosperity and peace that you’ve prepared for me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 1:11; Proverbs 4:18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 19-20; A cts 26:19-32

2 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 6:1-9 ;Isaiah 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2012
“Offspring Of The Word” – Monday July 23, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth… (James 1:18).

2 Timothy 3:16 says “All scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” Notice it doesn’t say “all scripture is given to us for the sole purpose of doctrine, reproof, correction and for instruction in righteousness”; rather it is profitable for these. So what then is the sole purpose of God’s Word coming to us? What’s His plan and intention for sending, teaching, sharing and giving us His Word? I’ll tell you.

First, consider this: If you planted a corn seed, it would be because you wanted a harvest of corn. The same applies if it’s an orange or mango seed; meaning that what you want can be traced from the seed you sowed. That tells us something; it means the reason God gives us His Word is that He wants us to become the Word of God.

Now, let’s look at this in perspective. Jesus, the Bible says, is the Word of God made flesh (John 1:14); and in John 12:24, He referred to Himself as the seed. He said, “Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it dies, it bringeth forth much fruit.” That means what you sow is what you reap; but you reap a harvest of it. God gave Jesus, the Word, to die to come up with a harvest; a harvest of what He gave. Since what He gave was the Word, what He’ll get will have to be the Word. That’s on the one hand.

On the other hand, the Bible says in 1 Peter 1:23, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” Dogs give birth to dogs; cats give birth to cats. Humans give birth to humans. Likewise, if you’re born of God, you’re a god! This is the reason Jesus said in John 10:34, “…Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?” The thirty-fifth verse says He called them gods, unto whom the Word of God was given (John 10:35).

We’re the offspring of the Word. Meditate on this truth, and it will build, inspire and energize you to live the transcendent and victorious life every day!

Confession
I’m born of the Word and Spirit of the Lord; therefore my life is a life of the Word. The Word in me produces tremendous harvest and results in my life today, in the Name of Jesus.

Further Study
Hebrews 2:1
Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

Proverbs 4:20-21
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Acts 28:1-16; Psalms 26-29
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:15-23; Isaiah 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
Effect A Change NOW …Because You Can! – Thursday July 26, 2012 – Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you … (Acts 1:cool.

God is not at all perturbed when you’re faced with unpleasant situations. In fact, He is happy to see you face those challenges because He knows you’ll surely come out victorious. He knows you can change any situation, for the divine power necessary to effect that change is already resident in you; it was deposited in you the moment you received the Holy Spirit into your life.

Like a mother who expectantly watches her toddler take his first few unstable steps on his own, though he falls a few times, she not flustered. Rather, she prods him on and showers him with love. That’s the same way the Lord watches to see us overcome whatever challenges we face in our lives. He waits with expectation and confidence, knowing that you have all it takes to win.

You may have been tested and told that you’re barren or perhaps diagnosed with an incurable disease. Maybe it’s been long since you graduated from school and you still don’t have a job or a business; God is waiting to see you effect a change NOW. He knows you can. He believes in you because He’s given you all that’s required – the dynamic, miracle working ability. So put it to work. Stand firm and declare boldly in faith what you desire and watch the miracle you need unfold before you.

God is able to “…do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (Ephesians 3:20). It means whatever God will do in your life is to the extent of the operation of that power in you.

Recognize that you have arrived in the place of change and God doesn’t want you crying out to Him for help. He wants to see you live triumphantly over every crisis. That’s what earns you promotion to a higher level spiritually, for the Father honours His children for their triumph of faith. Your spiritual promotions are based on these conquests.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for enduing me with power to chart the course of my life in the direction of your will. I declare that I bring forth prosperity, success and excellence in the Name of Jesus. Your divine ability is at work in me; therefore, I’m victorious in all things; in all situations. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

James 5:16b (AMP)
The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 1:18-32; Psalms 35-37
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:1-12; Isaiah 46

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2012
You’re Divinely Favoured! · Friday, July 27th · Pastor Anita

Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come (Psalm 102:13).

Favour is a friendly regard shown towards another, especially by a superior. It means gracious kindness; a special privilege or right granted you; especially that which you didn’t deserve. It’s also an advantage bestowed on you for your benefit. As a child of God, you’re divinely favoured. The Lord has encompassed you roundabout with divine favour, as with a shield: "For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield" (Psalm 5:12).

The Lord has deep love for you, and His time to favour you is now. His favour upon your life has qualified you to experience the great and glorious benefits of the Kingdom. Being the highly favoured child of a loving God, you can never be disadvantaged. Most certainly, all things will always work together for your good (Romans 8:28), irrespective, and independent of the circumstances in which you find yourself.

You’re dressed with divine favour everywhere you go. Never count yourself out or believe that anything is too good for you! If it’s the best, then it belongs to you because you’re God’s best. You’re not ordinary; you’re peculiar! Become conscious of this reality: that doors of blessings and opportunities that can’t be humanly explained will be opened to you by the Spirit of God! Declare always that you’re marvellously helped of the Lord, for you’re His most favoured and treasured possession.

Confession

My life is for the glory of God. This is my set time to experience the unprecedented favour and manifold blessings in every area of my life. I declare that all things are working together for my good because I love the Lord, and I’ve been called according to His purpose. Everything I require for life and godliness has been delivered unto me, and I’m enjoying life to the full, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Peter 2:9; Luke 2:52

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 38-41; Romans 2

2 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 3:13-21 ;Isaiah 47
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Don’t Keep Quiet! – Sunday July 29, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life (2 Corinthians 3:6).

The Prophet Joel in the Old Testament foretold what would happen in the lives of God’s people when they receive the Holy Spirit: “…your sons and daughters shall prophesy…” (Joel 2:28). Notice he didn’t say, “They shall keep quiet,” but that “they shall speak words of power.” An evidence that you’ve received the Holy Spirit is when the Gospel of Jesus Christ is your number one passion; when you preach it with boldness, because it’s like a fire, shut up in your bones.

Acts 1:8 says, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Part of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life is to strengthen you to function as an able minister of the Gospel. After the Apostle Peter received the Holy Spirit, his fears disappeared. The once “unlearned fisherman” began to say and do supernatural things, so much so that in one day, through his preaching, three thousand souls were converted.

Perhaps, you’ve experienced so much pressures and persecutions from preaching the Gospel, and now, you feel like giving up; don’t be discouraged; don’t keep quiet. When Jeremiah preached the Word of God, he was severely persecuted by those around him, and was eventually put in prison. In spite of the pressure and temptation to give up, he exclaimed “…But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay” (Jeremiah 20:9).

There shouldn’t be enough discouragement in this world to stop you from preaching the Gospel. Anywhere you find yourself, open your mouth, and declare the Gospel freely and boldly. Let those you meet know that salvation has come; God is not mad at them, and that they can now embrace life and immortality through the Gospel.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word in my heart is as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I’ll preach it everywhere I go. My words are anointed to produce life for everyone who listens, to the glory and praise of the Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

2 Timothy 4:2
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 4; Psalms 45-48
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:11-16; Isaiah 49
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:08am On Jul 30, 2012
Maintain The Faith-response – Monday July 30, 2012 – Pastor Anita

And there we saw the giants, the sons Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight (Numbers 13:33).

To win in life, you must always respond in faith to the Word; you must learn to function in the arena of faith, where the only thing that counts is what God has said.
You may be facing difficulties in your finances; but as a child of God, what do you see? Do you see yourself suffering under the economic crises as the rest of the world or the truth that says “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, there is lifting up…” (Job 22:29).

Caleb and Joshua did not deny the fact that there were giants in the land God promised to the children of Israel, but they were only moved by what God had said. Their response when asked to describe the land was based on faith in the Word of God. While theirs was a leap on the Word, the other ten spies gave a faithless response – an evil report.

Never allow what your physical senses perceive; what you see, hear and feel determine the circumstances of your existence. The Bible says, “While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18). Let your gaze be on God’s eternal and infallible Word and maintain the faith-response all the time.

Confession
I continually fix my gaze on the Word of God. My thoughts, words and actions are inspired by faith in God’s eternal Word and the leading of His Spirit. I am not moved by what I see, feel or hear, but I respond only in faith to the Word of God. Hallelujah!

Further Study
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Hebrews 11:1-2
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 5:1-11; Psalms 49-51
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:17-24; Isaiah 50
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
You’ve Put On Christ – Thursday August 2, 2012 – Pastor Chris

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ (Galatians 3:27).

How powerful this verse is! The English translation is actually concise with regard to what the Apostle Paul, by the Holy Spirit, communicates to us here. To put on Christ isn’t suggestive of putting Him on like a jacket; that doesn’t provide adequate covering for all the parts of your body. In the Greek rendering, it actually connotes a sinking into; like sinking into a sack.

Imagine yourself in a sack, large enough to accommodate you, until you can’t be seen anymore. You’ve been completely submerged into the sack; with none of your body parts revealed. That’s the sense in which you’ve put on Christ. You’ve been completely immersed, baptized, and enwrapped in Christ, such that Christ is all that can be seen about you.

This doesn’t suggest something that’ll happen with time, it’s who you are now; you’ve put on Christ by virtue of the new birth; you’ve been baptized into Christ. Christ is all about you, all over you, and all around you. You’re in Him; completely lost in Him! 1 John 4:13 says, “…we dwell in him, and he in us…” Also Colossians 3:3-4 says your life is hid with Christ in God, and Christ has become your life; what a revelation!

Make this your consciousness. You’ve been fully swaddled and encased in Christ. Since sickness, disease, infirmity, fear, unbelief, and all such negativities can’t be found in Him, they therefore shouldn’t be a part of your life. In Christ, you’re shielded from the mundane and corrupting influences in the world. That means you can face life with boldness, courage and a victor’s mentality.

You’re immersed in the one described for us in the Word as the reflection of the Father’s glory, and the exact likeness or express image of His person. He’s the perfect representation of God’s personality (Hebrews 1:3). When He walked this earth, He forgave, blessed, healed, raised the dead, embraced sinners, and changed lives. Now that you’re soaked in Him; now that He’s made you a partaker of His glory, grace and divine nature, His personality and character should radiate through you to your world.

Prayer
Dear Father, my life is hid in Christ in God, totally immersed into Christ. I declare that the life that I live, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave His life for me. The life of Christ is continually manifested in and through me to everyone in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me

Colossians 3:3-4
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 6:15-7:1-6; Psalms 60-63
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:9-16 Isaiah 53
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:02am On Aug 03, 2012
Don’t Stop Talking Your Faith! – Friday August 3, 2012 – Pastor Anita

So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed (Acts 19:20).

As a child of God nothing is impossible with you. No matter how hopeless a situation may seem, you can change it. Some people have found themselves in situations where they became frustrated and gave up because from the natural standpoint, nothing seemed to have changed, even though they’d been confessing the Word for so long. Perhaps you’re reading this today and you’re in that situation; you feel like giving up. I have a word of encouragement for you: keep talking your faith; don’t stop!

Never stagger at the Word of God through unbelief. Strong faith doesn’t give up; it maintains the confession. Just as Abraham talked to a barren womb, Ezekiel talked to dry bones, Jesus talked to the waves, and they all got results, you too can change any hopeless situation with your faith-filled confessions.

Your consistency in the profession of your faith is one of the most essentials of all Christian attitudes. Therefore, irrespective of the diverse tests and trials that may come against you, remain unshakeable, and keep the Word in your mouth. Keep speaking and doing God’s Word and every anomaly in your life will conform to the will of God for you.

When you’re faced with challenges, go to the Word! Meditate and keep talking the Word. The Word of God on your lips is God talking. Irrespective of what you see, hear, feel, or how negative and impossible things may look in the natural; keep speaking the Word and there’ll be a change. See trials as surmountable challenges, and as opportunities for the glory of God to be revealed in your life.

Confession
My confessions of faith come to pass because my words are anointed to produce results. There’s no hopeless situation I can’t change, for my faith is the victory that overcomes every adversity. Irrespective of what I hear, see or feel, my faith in your Word prevails. I walk in health, victory, prosperity and success today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ecclesiastes 11:3
If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 7:7-25; Psalms 64-67
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:17-24 Isaiah 54
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
Relish The Moment! – Sunday August 5, 2012 – Pastor Chris

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows) (John 10:10 AMP)

Life is a journey, and while on that journey, it’s important you enjoy the trip and relish every moment. There’s so much God has placed on your way, for you to enjoy, as you journey through life. Life is not all about the future or the sweet-by-and-by; God wants you to enjoy today. It’s great to be focused on your journey or the tasks ahead, but while at it, relish the passing moments.

Observe Jesus’ statement in our theme verse: “…I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” God wants you to enjoy the life He has given to you because that’s the reason Jesus came in the first place. You have to enjoy every day of your journey in life. If you don’t enjoy yourself, no one will enjoy being around you. Let every moment of your life be pleasurable because God has given you all things freely for the basic purpose of enjoyment (1 Timothy 6:17).

If you don’t enjoy the simple little things of life that God has given to you, you really can’t enjoy spiritual realities. So, first, start out by appreciating yourself, and then also the people God has placed in your world. Appreciate even the little things as what you wear – your shoes, clothes, jewellery - etc! Even your devices, such as your mobile phones, relish them, enjoy the features.

You also have to learn to let go of your past experiences, especially the unpleasant ones, and have no fret or fear of tomorrow. The regrets of yesterday and fears of tomorrow are enemies of today’s happiness. God doesn’t live in your yesterday, and He doesn’t triumph in your fears, all He expects of you is to be the best of you and enjoy every moment of your life TODAY!

Confession
Dear Father, thank you for loading me daily with all the benefits of life such that I’m thoroughly furnished with all I need to live joyfully today. I thank you for your glory and grace that you’ve bestowed on me to reign in life today and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 6:17 AMP
As for the rich in this world, charge them not to be proud and arrogant and contemptuous of others, nor to set their hopes on uncertain riches, but on God, Who richly and ceaselessly provides us with everything for [our] enjoyment

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 8:18-39; Psalms 70-73
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:1-9 Isaiah 56
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2012
Have A Childlike Response To The Word – Tuesday August 7, 2012 – Pastor Chris

…Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:1-4 AMP).

As a Christian, have a childlike response to the Word; the kind described for us by Jesus in our theme verse. God expects us to respond to the things of the Kingdom like little children, “trusting, lowly, loving and forgiving.”

When He says for us to be trusting, He wasn’t in any way suggesting that we be gullible. Rather, He meant for us to have confidence and faith towards God; accepting that He’s everything He says He is. To be gullible means that one is easily persuaded; and children are not easily persuaded, though trusting. They trust your character and believe whatever you say. It’s this kind of childlike faith God expects us to have towards Him through His Word.

The Bible tells us “Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness” (Galatians 3:6). Like a child, he trusted and followed the Lord, even though he didn’t know where God was leading him: “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went” (Hebrews 11:cool.

Another attribute of children we’re admonished to emulate is their lowliness. Children are humble. They’re not high-minded; they are just themselves. Jesus said the one who humbles himself as a child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Also, children are loving and forgiving. They hardly recall offences. No wonder the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 14:20, “Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.”

Children don’t know how to keep malice; they’re quick to forgive. So be like children; be quick to pass over an offence. Don’t hold grudges. Some people are easily pained over issues, and hold on to the wrongs done to them continuously. Don’t be that way; the Bible says love takes no record of wrongs.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your love that’s in my spirit, which I express lavishly to everyone around me today. You’ve taught me how to live in your Kingdom and be effective in my day-to-day walk of faith by trusting you wholeheartedly and maintaining a humble and forgiving spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 16:19
Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Colossians 3:13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 9:30-10:1-21; Psalms 78
2 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:21-24; Isaiah 58
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by jookco(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2012
Having Faith without utterance is like being pregnant without ever giving birth, the word of faith you speak is like a child born after pregnancy.

Faith is a speaking force, if its not speaking then its not working but if its not working then its dead.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
Engage In Spiritual Exercise – Friday August 10, 2012 – Pastor Chris

But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come (1 Timothy 4:7-cool.

Man is a spirit; he lives in a body and possesses a soul. Unfortunately, there’re people who are more concerned about keeping their body fit, than paying the most attention to exercising their spirit unto godliness. The spirit is the real man; no wonder we’re admonished to exercise our spirits rather unto godliness.

God doesn’t want you to have a super-built body and be flabby spiritually; therefore you must exercise your spirit! You must engage in spiritual exercise, which unlike physical exercise has a promise both for this life and for the life to come. So, the question then is: how do you exercise yourself spiritually? It is simply by engaging in spiritual activities such as going to church regularly, praying in tongues consistently, studying God’s Word, and sharing it with others, and serving in any capacity in the church of God.

There are Christians who don’t go to church regularly, and that’s not right; the church is where you’re taught God’s Word that builds your spirit! It’s the place where you can participate in godly activities that’ll help you grow spiritually. In addition, you must not neglect to pray in other tongues. Praying in other tongues is a great spiritual exercise; it’s the fastest way to activate and energize your spirit. Train yourself to pray often in other tongues; apart from the many other benefits it has on your life, it will open your heart to receive and understand God’s Word.

Keep exercising yourself spiritually by doing those things that enhance your walk in the divine life. As you do, not only will your faith grow stronger, you’ll also deal wisely in the affairs of life.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me how to exercise and energize my spirit. My spirit is activated to receive your guidance today; and I’m making tremendous progress in my life, and the work of the ministry is prospering in my hands, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Jude 1:20-21
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 12-1-16; Psalms 85-88
2 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 1:15-22; Isaiah 61
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
Embrace The Right Thoughts – Sunday August 12, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Above all else, guard you heart, for everything you do flows from it (Proverbs 4:23).

Often in the Scriptures, heart is used in lieu of spirit and the reason is clear. Just as the physical heart is the operational centre of the human body, so also the spirit is the controlling centre of human existence. Proverbs 4:23 (MSG) says, “Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts.” Everything about your life actually originates from your spirit. Success or failure, wealth or poverty, excellence or mediocrity will emanate from a man’s spirit.

Your mind is the door to your spirit. That’s why whatever words and thoughts you allow go through your mind, unchecked, will be deposited in your spirit. This is the reason you have to screen and filter what goes through your mind to your spirit.

Every day, we hear words, see things, and receive all kinds of information, positive and negative. Thus, you need to mount guard on your heart and not allow your spirit receive and process the wrong information. Never allow your heart dwell on anything you hear, feel or see that’s inconsistent with the Word of God. The Hebrew word translated “guard” in Proverbs 4:23 gives the picture of a stronghold mounted over something valuable. We can as well paraphrase the scripture this way: “Mount a garrison over your heart, for it affects everything you do.”

If for example, you heard that there’s trouble in the economy; recession is setting in, and there’s hardship everywhere; don’t be perturbed because you’re not of this world. Refuse to process such negative information; don’t dwell on it. Refuse to let it run your life or determine the circumstances of your existence. Rather, you should say “No! That’s not for me. I function in the realm of superabundance because I’m an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ. I can never be poor, broke or disadvantaged.”

If you give wrong thoughts access into your heart, they’ll ‘instill fear in you.’ So, make the conscious effort to keep vigilant watch over your heart. Embrace only thoughts of success, victory, health, prosperity, happiness and fulfillment that come from God’s Word.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that gives me the right information to think and meditate upon; your Word continually finds its home in my heart, effectual and effective in me, producing everything it talks about, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 14-15:1-4; Psalms 90-93
2 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-11; Isaiah 63
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2012
Don’t Focus On The Challenges – Monday August 13, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me (Psalm 138:7).

Too many people focus attention on their challenges and problems; they keep thinking about the challenges and hardships befalling them. As a result, they’re always regretting yesterday and dreading tomorrow; a situation that robs them of today’s happiness. They continually fellowship with their problems.

But the Word says in Joshua 1:8, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” The Lord instructed Joshua, and the same principle applies today, to meditate on the Word, not your problems. Rather than waste precious time bemoaning the problem, focus on the power of God and efficacy of His Word to put you over and effect a change in that situation.

Jesus asked in Matthew 6:27 (AMP), “And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the span of his life?” Some people even think it’s fashionable to fret and worry. If they’re not worrying, they’ll feel something is wrong; they must “worry” to be alive. If they don’t have something to worry about, they’ll help someone else worry. What a miserable way to live!

Learn to cast your cares upon the Lord; refuse to worry. When a problem or challenge tries to get your attention and cause you to worry, act on the Word. Philippians 4:6-7 says, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Worrying doesn’t change anything; rather it short-circuits the power of God and makes your faith ineffective. So refuse to worry. Rather, spend time to fellowship with the Lord; meditate on His love, goodness, mercy and kindness, and He’ll perfect all that concerns you.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for loving and caring for me affectionately. I give room for your peace to mount guard over my heart today, and I reject anxiety, worry and stress, and declare that I live in joy and rest in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 15:5-13; Psalms 94-98
2 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 2:12-18; Isaiah 64
Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2012
He Perfects Your Path – Tuesday August 14, 2012 – Pastor Chris

The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me… (Psalms 138:cool.

Oh, what peace flooded my soul when I discovered this scripture many years ago. I realized I should never worry about anything. You don’t need to fret about the future because He that owns tomorrow is perfecting your path. The Lord will perfect that which concerns you. Make this your daily confession, and the Holy Spirit will perfect everything about your life.

The Lord gives you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons; He satisfies your heart with nourishment and happiness (Acts 14:17 AMP). How wonderful He is! Trust the Lord with your life and you’ll be full of peace, joy and happiness. He says in Matthew 11:28, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

You can’t lead a fruitful and productive life when you’re only conscious of problems and challenges. This will rob you of joy, weigh you down and ultimately cripple your faith. The Word says, “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you” (1 Peter 5:7). That means leave them all to the Lord; He’s powerful enough to handle them.

God knows about and perfects those things that concern you. Therefore, as you trust Him with your life, you’ll experience His peace. Peace is a consequence of trust, and trust is a product of knowledge. This is why your knowledge of God’s Word is very important. As you study and meditate on the Word, you’ll realize that God is indeed big enough to take care of you. Trust Him today and you’ll experience overwhelming peace in your spirit and increased productivity in your life.

Prayer
Dear Father, my spirit is flooded with the warmth of your love, and my heart is refreshed in your presence and overwhelmed with your peace today. Thank you for perfecting all that concerns me, and guiding me in the path of success, victory and increased productivity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Genesis 17:6
And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

Isaiah 5:1
Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:

Colossians 1:10
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Romans 15:14-33; Psalms 99-101
2 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-30; Isaiah 65
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Fulfil His Perfect Will; Not Your Own Plans · Tuesday, August 21st · Pastor Anita

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

God doesn’t expect you to live or act without the knowledge of His Word. Many do what they do, not because they’re certain it’s what God wants, but because they’re led by their senses. To live a perfect and balanced life, you must function according to the knowledge of the Word of God. That’s the only way you can be in sync with God’s perfect will for you. That’s how to live according to His dream and not according to your own plans.

Living or doing things according to your own plans or appetites is spiritual immaturity. When you grow in Christ, you cease to have your own ways. Rather, you plan according to God’s instructions and directions. Your goal should be to fulfil His plan and walk in His perfect will for your life.

When you function in the centre of God’s will, everything that’s connected with you—within the ambits of His plans for your life—will be in place.

Serve God with your life; live according to His Word, and you’ll find yourself walking in the centre of God’s will.

Prayer

Blessed heavenly Father, I thank you for guiding my heart and leading me in the path of your perfect will for my life, even as I yield completely to the Lordship and tutelage of your Word and your Spirit today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 5:17 AMP; Colossians 4:12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 119:1-112; 1 Corinthians 6

2 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 1:9-18; Jeremiah 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2012
Praying In The Spirit · Wednesday, August 22. Pastor Chris

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered (Romans 8:26).

There’re times when, in spite of the nudging and prompting you might have in your spirit to pray, you’re just not sure exactly what to pray about or the words with which to articulately express yourself to the Lord. Also, there’re things that concern us which we don’t even know about, but God knows. So, at such times, the Holy Spirit inspires us to pray; He takes charge for us. He ministers and makes intercession for you or through you, according to the will of God. How does He pray through you in such situations?

That’s what we read in our theme verse; He does it with deep sighs or groanings that can’t be uttered in articulate speech. When you pray in tongues, you give vent to the Spirit to express Himself; your spirit is activated.

Now, who gives you the words to speak in tongues? It’s the Holy Spirit. The Bible says we speak in tongues according to the utterance given to us by the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:4). The Holy Spirit puts the language in your spirit; so when you speak in tongues, they’re words of the Spirit! You speak forth words that the Holy Spirit has formed within your spirit; what a way to pray without limitations!

Your mind may not remember all the things you need to pray about; you may not even know what to say about them; but the Holy Spirit does, and therefore gives utterance to your spirit. Praying this way is a most effective way to effect changes and take charge of situations. Praying in the Spirit helps you deal with issues and puts things right in your life, in line with God’s perfect will!

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for loving me and caring for me affectionately, thus giving me the Holy Spirit to help me pray without limitations. As I pray in tongues today, everything which concerns me is put into shape and perfected, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 14:2; Philippians 4:6-7

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 119:113-176; 1 Corinthians 7

2 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 1:19-29 ;Jeremiah 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Trust The Word For Your Healing And Health! · Thursday, August 23rd · Pastor Chris

And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade…the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine (Ezekiel 47:12).

There are believers who wrongly assume that for a Christian to take any kind of medication is an indication of a lack of faith. Meanwhile, God is not averse to the use of medication. If a Christian uses medication, it doesn’t mean he’s done something wrong. In the Old Testament, God gave the priests medical instructions for the people, as we read in our opening verse.

We find the same allusion in Revelations 22:2: "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Did you notice that it says, the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations? In other words, healing came from the use of those leaves. This helps us understand God’s thinking concerning medicine, and how He wants people well.

However, the Word of God is the best medicine; far more potent than any herb or medical drug: "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:20-22).

Here, we discover the curative and therapeutic power of the Word; it’s health, that is, medicine to your flesh!

The word "health" is from the Hebrew word "marpe" which means medicine, healing or remedy. It connotes that which has curative ability. You should rather use your faith to receive healing through the Word. There’re ailments that till date, have defied any known medical diagnosis and cure; but the Word of God is the infallible remedy. Therefore, trust the Word for your healing and health.

Prayer

Dear Father, your Word is my life; thank you for the transformation, light and guidance that I receive today through your Word. Your Word is not only food for my spirit but also produces health in me, making me vibrant and productive in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 107:17-20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 120-127; 1 Corinthians 8

2 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 2:1-7; Jeremiah 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2012
Not Called To Obey – Friday August 24, 2012 – Pastor Anita

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

There’re those who say, “If you don’t obey God’s commandments, He won’t bless you.” Such a notion is contrary to God’s personality and His nature of love and goodness as revealed in the New Testament. In the Old Testament, they tried to obey God and failed; but in the New Testament, we’re not told to obey, but are called obedient children (1 Peter 1:14), having already obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered to us (Romans 6:17).

The problem with the Old Testament wasn’t the Law but the imperfection of the carnal man (Romans 7:7-25). The people had to obey the commandments before they could be made a peculiar treasure and a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:5-6). But in the New Testament, we were born that way: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). You were born a chosen generation, a king and a royal priesthood.

The obedience He calls for is the obedience to the Gospel, the message of salvation (Romans 10:9-10), which you already fulfilled when you made Jesus the Lord of your life. Today, we don’t try to obey God’s Word; we live and do the Word. When we look at the Word, we see ourselves. God’s Word is the mirror of the new creation; it’s the album that reflects your true image and identity.

The picture of you that the Word reveals may seem incredible, but as you continue to look unswervingly into the Word, the perfect Law of liberty, you’re transformed into the same glory that you see in the Word.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word is my life. It’s natural for me to live in, and by, your Word, which is working mightily, and producing results, in me, making me what it says, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Psalm 119:30
I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 9; Psalms 128-134
2 Year Reading Plan: Colossians 2:8-15; Jeremiah 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2012
Everything Is Yours In The "Now" · Saturday, August 25th · Pastor Chris

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us (2 Corinthians 1:20).

If you’re born again, every promise in the Word of God has already been fulfilled in you! That’s what the Word teaches. I remember telling this to a group of ministers and one of them asked me, "What about heaven? Isn’t that promised us?"

Heaven isn’t a promise because we were born there: "But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven…" (Hebrews 12:22-24). So you see, you’re a bona fide citizen of heaven: "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:" (Philippians 3:20).

The fact that you’re still on earth doesn’t preclude you from enjoying all the legal rights and privileges of your heavenly citizenship. Let me illustrate it this way: Let’s suppose you’re a citizen of the United States living in South Africa. Does the fact that you’re not living in the United States nullify your American citizenship? Or is your citizenship a promise? Certainly not!

It’s the same thing spiritually. The Bible says heaven is our home; it belongs to us now. Therefore, it’s not a promise. When you study the Scriptures, you’ll realize that the Christian is a possessor. 1 Corinthians 3:21-23 says, "…For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours…." Simply, you own the world. Therefore, find out from God’s Word your present-hour inheritance! Find out what He has made you and given to you to enjoy. Decide to enjoy the best in life today, for your best life is NOW. Hallelujah!

Confession

I’m the seed of Abraham and a joint heir with Christ; therefore, I’m the possessor of all things; I own the world! Blessed be God, who has freely given me all things to enjoy, and has blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Genesis 9:1-3; Romans 8:32

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 135-138 ;1 Corinthians 10:1-13

2 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 2:16-23 ;Jeremiah 10-11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2012
Position Your Mind Rightly · Thursday, August 30th · Pastor Anita
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

Our theme verse reveals the required supernatural exercise that causes you to develop in the God-life, and grow from glory to glory; it’s by the renewing of your mind through the Word. When your mind is renewed with the Word of God you’ll walk in the perfect will of God; the reason you must be renewed in the spirit of your mind (Ephesians 4:23).
Your mind is the agency through which your spirit is trained and developed to be a sure-guide. If it’s blocked, the Word of God can neither access nor get into your spirit. If the Word doesn’t get into yo
ur spirit, you can’t have faith, for faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. Therefore, every time you study or hear God’s Word, you consciously have to position your mind rightly for the Word to be effective in you. You have to synchronize your thoughts with the Word.
The more time you spend meditating on the Word, the more your mind will yield to the Word and be imparted by it’s power, resulting in a transformation in your life. Hebrews 3:8 warned us not to harden our hearts against the Word as the Israelites did during their journey from Egypt to the Promised Land. Many of them couldn’t enter the Promised Land because they didn’t mix the Word with faith. Many in the Church are suffering today for the same reason; the Word of God isn’t producing results in their lives because it’s not mixed with faith (Hebrews 4:2).
Your prosperity and greatness is dependent on the state of your mind. Therefore, position your mind rightly by renewing it with the Word, so you can think God’s thoughts.

Prayer
Thank you Father, for my mind is attentive to your Word at all times. Therefore, my spirit is aglow with the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ; the light of the knowledge of your glory shines perpetually in my heart, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 17:11; Isaiah 26:3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
Jesus saith unto him, have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father… (John 14:9).

When Jesus walked the earth, He had the consciousness of a King that distinguished Him from the crowd. He had no consciousness of lack and He always confidently spoke words that amazed the religious people of His day.

One day, He said “the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” Jesus knew His words weren’t empty; He was conscious of His divinity and boldly declared it. In John 6:38 He said “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me” What boldness and audacity! Everyone knew Him as the son of Joseph the Carpenter, yet He declared He came down from heaven. Only a man
who knew who He really was could speak this way. No wonder He had absolute mastery over the circumstances of this world.

Again, in John 8:12, He said, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” Can you beat that? He didn’t come talking about the light, but says “I am the light of the world. But did you know Jesus also spoke about you and said “You are the light of the world?” (Matthew 5:14). Therefore everywhere you go, you ought also to declare with gusto, “I am the light of the world!” In this season, be conscious of who you are in Christ; be bold to call yourself what God has called you.

Jesus gave us an example to follow of how to live victoriously on the earth. His consciousness of who He was controlled everything He said and did. You also can live as successfully as He did by following this principle. But first you need to have the Holy Spirit, for He’s the one who brings boldness into your spirit by making the consciousness of who you are in Christ real to you. This month, you are set for absolute mastery over the circumstances of this world. Praise the Lord!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:42am On Sep 12, 2012
Enduring Impact With The Gospel · Wednesday, September 12th

Pastor Anita

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

In Luke 24:49, Jesus instructed His disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they were filled with the Holy Spirit, because He knew they needed the divine enablement to accomplish the task He had given them. He wanted them to make enduring impact with the Gospel. In fact, during His own earthly ministry, He wouldn’t do anything except by the Spirit and through the Spirit. In John 5:19, He said "...Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." In John 14:10 (WEB), He said, "…the Father, who lives in me, does the works." He was referring to the Holy Spirit.

Nothing you do will be acceptable to God or have any eternal value except that which is done through the Spirit. No matter what purpose you’ve been ordained to fulfil in life, without the Holy Spirit, you won’t achieve much. In Hebrews 9:14, the Bible reveals that Christ had to offer Himself through the Spirit: "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God...."

Learn to function by the Spirit and through the Spirit. Be continually filled with the Spirit in order to be consistent in your faith-walk and live the supernatural life to which He has called us in Christ. The Apostle Paul wrote to the saints in Rome saying, "Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavour; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord" (Romans 12:11AMP). He also told the Church at Ephesus to be filled with the Spirit, and outlined how to be filled continually with the Spirit (Read Ephesians 5:18-21).

Make up your mind to do everything by the power of the Holy Spirit, and not just by human wisdom or physical ability. Through the Spirit, not only will your service to the Lord be accepted and sanctified by Him, you’ll make a more enduring impact with the Gospel.

Prayer
I’m energized and aglow with the anointing today; and the grace and peace of God is multiplied to me through the knowledge of God, as I walk in and with the Spirit to impact my world with the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:26-27 AMP; Ephesians 5:18-19

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ecclesiastes 1-2 ;2 Corinthians 11:16-33

2 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 1:1-7; Jeremiah 30

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.