Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250451 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2012
Be Mindful Of Your New Nature – Monday January 9, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him (Colossians 3:9-10).

God has brought you out of darkness into His Kingdom of light; the Kingdom of His dear Son (Colossians 1:13). Therefore, you must let go of any attitude that’s not of God. In 1 Corinthians 6:5-9, the Apostle Paul rebuked the Christians in Corinth because their way of life didn’t portray the new nature of righteousness they had received. As a new creation, it’s important you recognize that you’ve been completely delivered from the worldly lifestyle. You’re not the same man you were before you were born again. Your old nature was supplanted with God’s nature of righteousness.

The Bible says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things have disappeared, and-look!-all things have become new!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 ISV). The old lifestyle, old ways of thinking and doing things have been supplanted. People may still call or address you by the same name with which they knew you prior to your rebirth; they may call you a smoker, a drunk, a liar or any other name; it makes no difference. The Bible says, “And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:11).

Notice it didn’t say “and such are some of you…” rather it says “…and such were some of you,” because now that you’re in Christ you’ve been cleansed of all unrighteousness. You’ve been separated from sin unto God, and declared righteous, in the Name of the Lord, and by the Spirit of our God! The blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, has purged your conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Hebrews 9:14).

God wants you to recognize your new identity – see the picture of the new you and live that way. You don’t know what you really look like until you look into the mirror of God – His Word. It’s the mirror that shows your real picture in Christ Jesus. It shows that old life with which you were born by your parents doesn’t matter now, for things have changed! You’re now a new creation. Your conduct as a Christian must now reflect your new personality in Christ Jesus – your new nature, which is the nature of righteousness.

Confession
I’ve put on the new nature of righteousness. I have in my spirit the incorruptible life of God. This new life is in every cell of my blood, every bone of my body, and every fiber of my being! Today, I walk in the reality of the new life of righteousness which I’ve received in Christ. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 7:7-29
Reading plan Genesis 23-24

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:1-10
Reading Plan Genesis 9

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2012
Be Fervent In Soul Winning! – Tuesday January 10, 2012 – Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

Soul winners are precious and influential people in the sight of God. As a child of God nothing should mean more to you than leading those in your world who have not yet known the Lord into salvation. This is something you must take very seriously this year, more than ever before. 2 Corinthians 5:19 says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

God has committed to you the ministry of reconciliation; not only did He call you into the fellowship of His Son Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:9), He’s also called you to partner with Him in soul winning. In Romans 12:11 we’re admonished not to be slothful in business, but to be fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. It’s talking about being fervent in God’s number one business, which is soul winning.

You will experience even more success and progress this year as you engage in soul winning and soul winning activities. People are God’s greatest assets on earth. Until you start winning people for Jesus, you’re not involved in God’s asset building. The Lord is always reaching out to the unsaved, to touch their lives with His power and glory; but He can only do so through you. Therefore you must always be passionate about soul winning.

To be effective as a soul winner, you must see beyond your present circumstances; you must see beyond every limitation and refuse anything obstructing your view in this great responsibility. Get rid of all distracting influences and fervently serve the Lord as a soul winner this year. It’s your purpose for being. The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:16, “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!”

Keep sharing the Gospel with those in your sphere of contact; it’s the right thing to do, and it’s what God demands.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for saving me and making me your partner in saving others. As I share the Gospel with others today, I pray that faith will be stirred in their hearts to receive salvation, and be at once catapulted into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Jeremiah 1:4-7
Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 8:1-27
Reading plan Genesis 25-26

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:11-20
Reading Plan Genesis 10

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:16am On Jan 11, 2012
Face Persecutions And Win! – Wednesday January 11, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12).

Persecution is a promise for every believer. It’s necessary for your promotion and will come at different levels in your life. It’s what makes you different from others and separates you from the crowd. Persecution is the harsh treatment from others to compel you to comply to their own way of doing things. As a Christian who lives by God’s Word, you’ll surely be persecuted. The Master confirmed this in John 15:20: “Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.”

Everyone who wants to be like Jesus must be ready to receive persecutions like He did. But the beautiful thing about it is, as you remain standing on God’s Word, irrespective of the persecutions that come your way, the Lord Himself will honour you. Jesus knew we would encounter problems and challenges in this world, but He confirmed that as we remain in Him, we would live a life of peace even in the face of adversity: “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulations: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

You may wonder why God left us in this world of trials and temptations, or want to know why He allows trials to come our way in life. Well, the truth is God doesn’t mind trials or temptations coming your way since He knows He’s already made you more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

You should expect persecution and never be afraid of it; believe in it, it’s important. The measure of persecution that you face is the measure of training that you have. Irrespective of the diverse tests, persecutions or trials that you might face this year, rejoice; for they’ll be bread for you! All such contrary winds will only drive your roots deeper in God.

Prayer
I thank you Father for the comfort and strength that I get from your Word; therefore in the midst of raging opposition, I shall not waver but shall continue in your Word, doing that which I’m called to do, by the power of your Spirit, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen!

Further Study
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 8:28-9:1-17
Reading plan Genesis 27-28

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:21-30
Reading Plan Genesis 11

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2012
Think Right! – Thursday January 12, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8 )

Contrary to what some think, your thoughts can make or mar you. Your thoughts actually determine the quality of your life, for every man is the character of his thoughts. That’s why the Bible says “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…” (Proverbs 23:7). It matters a great deal the thoughts that go through your mind because your life won’t be different from how you think.

Your mind is the doorway to your spirit. If it isn’t filled with the right kind of information, you may not be able to receive guidance from the Holy Spirit as you should.

This year, you have to consciously decide to think the right thoughts; think on God’s truths. The opening scripture clearly outlines what to think on – whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, of virtue, and worthy of praise!

If you ever find yourself in a challenging situation, instead of thinking on the problem and magnifying it, insist that you’re going to think only on what the Word says concerning the issue. Think the Word only. Don’t think the way the rest of the world thinks; use God’s Word to change your thought-life. Let His Word occupy your thought processes morning, noon and night.

As you reflect upon the Word, there’ll be a metamorphosis; it will make you talk right and you will go through each day of this year in victory. Nothing in all of creation can be truer, more just, more honest, and lovelier than the Word of God. Spend time today to think on God’s Word!

Prayer
Dear Father, your Word is in my heart and in my mouth; I meditate upon it day and night and thereby make my way prosperous. Your Word saturates my entire mind, spirit and body, leaving no room for negative thoughts to steal in. It is my defence, my foundation and the strength of my life. Thank you for the precious gift of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Joshua 1:8-9
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 9:18-38
Reading plan Genesis 29-30

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:31-40
Reading Plan Genesis 12

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2012
The Grace-Advantage! – Friday January 13, 2012 – Pastor Chris

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever: Amen. (2 Peter 3:18).

The grace-advantage is the power of promotion. It brings acceptability, honour and dignity into your life such that others see the beauty and excellence of God in you. The grace of God has been made available to everyone of us in abundance (Ephesians 4:7); it’s the lifting power of God that attracts the right people, materials and resources you need to function in God’s destiny for your life. As one who’s graced of God, there’s a divine aura about you that attracts good to you. Even in challenging situations, that grace gives you the advantage and causes you to rise above every adversity.

Never struggle to be accepted at work, in school, at home or anywhere; you have the grace-advantage. All you need is to recognize and be strong in the grace of God: “Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 2:1). To be strong is the grace of God is to be conscious of, and take advantage of it! You’re the seed of Abraham; therefore the grace for prosperity is working in you twenty-four hours a day! That grace puts you ahead and positions you for success like it did for Isaac, who sowed in a time of famine and reaped a hundredfold harvest in the same year (Genesis 26:12-13).

Even as the world battles a downturn, with major economies failing, you still have the advantage because you’re a child of grace. That’s why the Bible says “When men are cast down, then thou shall say, there is lifting up…” (Job 22:29). That’s because you have the grace-advantage; a lifting power that causes your life to move from glory to glory.

Confession
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the grace-advantage. Excellence, glory, virtue and success exude from me today because of your grace that’s at work in me. Everywhere I go today, I’m accepted and highly favoured, for I carry your divine presence with me. I’m growing in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ Hallelujah!

Further Study
Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:28
Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 10:1-23
Reading plan Genesis 31-33

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:41-48
Reading Plan Genesis 13

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2012
There’s Victory In Your Spirit! – Sunday January 15, 2012 – Pastor Anita

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:2-4).

The reason the Lord would admonish you to rejoice when tests and challenges come at you on all sides is because He knows that victory is in your spirit. As one who’s born again you’re an overcomer in Christ Jesus, and more than a conqueror. No situation that you face should overwhelm you. Let this mind be in you, as you go through this year. You have what it takes to overcome any trial, temptation or adversity.

1 Corinthians 10:13 says “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” You must not cower, give in or faint under any pressure whatsoever. Be tough! Jesus was tough. He withstood and triumphed over all the contrary winds that came His way. He was never perturbed or ruffled by anything. This is the same attitude you must have; the victory attitude.

The adversities you face are for your promotion; they make you tough, and if you don’t welcome them, you’d remain at the same level of faith and maturity. So welcome trouble. Welcome them as necessary agents for your promotion. Consider Joseph, and how he managed the adversities that came his way. He overcame all the troubles he suffered and rose to become the Prime Minister of Egypt.

Welcome challenges; because they’re the contrary winds that drive your roots deeper. You’re bigger and greater than whatever the adversary may throw at you: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

Confession
I’m fully persuaded that greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world, therefore no adversity or adverse circumstance can overwhelm me because I’m more than a conqueror. I’m convinced of my eternal victory over Satan and the world, therefore I rejoice in the Lord my God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:36-39
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Proverbs 24:10
If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 11:1-30
Reading plan Genesis 36-37

2 Year Bible Matthew 6:14-24
Reading Plan Genesis 15

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
Act On What You Hear! – Tuesday January 24, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other: Act on what you hear! (James 1:22 MSG).

God’s Word is all-powerful – having the ability to produce in you what it talks about. Nonetheless, God’s Word to you won’t produce any result except you act on what you hear! Except you create the right environment – the faith-environment for it to work. You must believe the Word and act on it!

Abraham is one of the major Bible characters who created the right environment for the Word to produce results in his life by mixing the Word with faith. He acted on what he heard. In Genesis 17:5, the Lord had told him “Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.” At this time, Abraham and his wife Sarah were already well-advanced in age, Abraham being about a hundred years old, while Sarah was ninety. Besides being barren, it wasn’t even naturally possible for Sarah to conceive anymore due to old age.

But Abraham “…believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were” (Romans 4:17). Romans 4:19-21 says “And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief: but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.”

Not only does the above passage of scripture underline Abraham’s audacity of faith, it also underscores four vital qualities of prevailing faith: One, it doesn’t consider physical circumstances. Two: It doesn’t stagger. Three: it gives glory to God; and four: it’s fully persuaded. This is how you create the faith-environment for the Word to produce results in your life; it’s by refusing to consider natural circumstances or stagger at the promise of God through unbelief. Plus that, you’re strong in faith, giving glory to God, being fully persuaded of the efficacy and infallibility of His Word.

When you personalize, apprehend, appropriate and take a stand on God’s Word for yourself, like Abraham, you’d get the desired results.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that builds my faith and confidence in you! As I put your Word to work in my life today, my success, progress and prosperity are guaranteed, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 16:13-17:1-13
Reading plan Exodus 6-7

2 Year Bible Matthew 9:14-26
Reading Plan Genesis 24

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2012
Free Yourself From The Past! – Saturday January 28, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before (Philippians 3:13).

One of the very important lessons to learn from the Apostle Paul is his attitude to memories of the past; he said: “…this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind…” Prior to his conversion, he persecuted, imprisoned and even consented to the murder of believers. He was injurious to the Church. Hence if there was anyone who qualified as it were to be mentally and emotionally traumatized by his past, it should be him! But he never allowed himself to be limited or hindered by the memories of his past. He had come to realize that the memories of the past weren’t worth holding onto compared to the greater future he had in God.

This is the same attitude you ought to have as a child of God. Too many are enslaved by the memories of their past. They could be cheerful one moment and depressed the next, all because they remembered something of their past life they considered unpleasant. That shouldn’t be. Even the past glories didn’t stop the Apostle Paul from pressing forth unto greater heights. He used the same principles of leaving his past behind and pressing onwards. So never let your memories of the past hold you back.

Do what Paul did: forget the past and press on into the glorious future in Christ! No matter how often and for how long you brood over the past, you can’t change it, so don’t expend your time and energy on it. Your future is greater than your past! The Bible says “The path of the just is as the shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day” (Proverbs 4:18). As a Christian, your story ought to be upward and forward only; you’re born to go from one level of glory to a higher level.

Today, free yourself from the past! Don’t let the memories of the past hinder or delay your flight of success. If your past doesn’t inspire you, dump it! It may seem difficult at first, but remember that as a child of God, nothing is impossible unto you.

Confession
I’m inspired by today’s possibilities and tomorrow’s potentials. Through the Word of God, my mind is renewed and my spirit is enlightened to see my future and see the greatness, success, victory and prosperity which God has ordained to be my day-to-day experience in Christ!

Future Study
Galatians 6:15
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Matthew 9:16-17
No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse. Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 19:16-20:1-16
Reading plan Exodus 15

2 Year Bible Matthew 10:23-33
Reading Plan Genesis 28

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2012
Diane Maartens
Your True Purpose – Tuesday January 31, 2012 – Pastor Chris

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9).

Romans 8:19 says, “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.” Then in Matthew 5:16 Jesus said, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” This is your true purpose on earth. It’s your responsibility to make your light shine; you’re to make the personal decision and commitment to manifest the glory of God and be a blessing to your world.

It’s not enough to be passively preoccupied with the blessings and advantages that Christianity offers. You’re to be passionate about God’s work and see to it that His Kingdom is established in your home, street, place of work, school and in your sphere of contact.

The life of Jesus while He walked this earth showed us a practical example of how to live as the light of God to our world today. His life was solely dedicated to fulfilling His God-given purpose and assignment. Throughout His earthly ministry He left no one in doubt as to His purpose on earth. He seized every opportunity to demonstrate the love of God to all people. He came that men may have life to the full (John 10:10). This was the purpose for which He lived and died and was raised back to life. In John 4:34, He said to His disciples “…My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.” He underlined the work of God as His-consuming passion.

As a Christian you’re an ambassador of Christ in this world, you have a God-ordained purpose to illuminate your world with the light of God and be a blessing. This is your calling and I urge you to take heed to this ministry which you’ve received of the Lord, that you fulfill it (Colossians 4:17)

Confession
I’m a blessing to my world, ordained and chosen of God to manifest His glory, wisdom and excellence to my world. I function today as a burning and shining light! I’m making the Name of Lord known, and turning men and women from wickedness unto righteousness; this is my purpose, which I live daily to fulfill, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
Colossians 4:17
And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 21:33-22:1-14
Reading plan Exodus 20-21

2 Year Bible Matthew 11:11-20
Reading Plan Genesis 31

Rhapsody
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2012
Sanctified Unto Glory – Wednesday February 1, 2012 – Pastor Chris

What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19).

The temple of God is where the presence of God is; that’s where He resides in all His glory, power and majesty. In the Old Testament, this presence resided in the Ark of the Covenant, kept under the tent that Moses constructed. This was until Solomon built a temple filled with articles of silver and gold. This temple had an outer court, the holy place, and then the most holy place. After the construction, the temple was only a building, but it became the temple of God when the Ark of the Covenant was brought into it (2 Chronicles 5:12-14).

But blessed be God; His presence is no longer in temples made with hands (Acts 17:24). Now, He dwells in our hearts by His Spirit. When Jesus died on the cross, the Bible says “…the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent” (Matthew 27:51). This signified that the presence of God had departed the man-made temple.

Now that you’re born again, you’ve become a prepared vessel; a sanctified vessel unto God. As a result of His indwelling and abiding presence you’ve become consecrated (set apart) unto God. You’ve become His living tabernacle. 1 Corinthians 6:20 says for you to glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the Lord is glorified in you – His temple.

Glorify God in your body and forbid sickness, disease or death from ravaging it because your body is the temple of the living God, though you’re the custodian of it. Therefore, the only activities you must permit in your body are those that bring the Lord honour and glory to His Name; for you’re His sanctified vessel of glory.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a sanctified vessel of glory unto you; I live to praise and glorify your Name today. I thank you for dwelling in me – spirit, soul and body, thus making me your holy sanctuary! My life is for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 22:15-46
Reading plan Exodus 22-23

2 Year Bible Acts 5:33-42
Reading Plan Nehemiah 3-4

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
The Love Way – The Higher Way! – Friday February 3, 2012 – Pastor Anita

This is my commandment, That ye love one another; as I have loved you (John 15:12).

There’s a big difference between liking someone and loving someone. God commands us to love everyone, including those you might not like; and there shouldn’t be anyone you don’t like. To like or dislike someone is an operation of the flesh and you must never base any relationship on that. It’s like when you say, “I like the president of my country.” That’s nice, but it’s in the flesh, so God has no respect for it; and because it’s in the flesh, there’s always the possibility that someday, due to some reasons, you may not like him anymore.

Sometimes, we like or dislike people or things for no special reasons. That’s why it’s possible for a new employee to be disliked by his colleagues, right from that employee’s very first day in the office. It might be something he said – something that naturally shouldn’t offend anyone – but a colleague hears it and starts to dislike him. Living this way is fleshly or carnal, and it’s the cause of the factions and nepotism that exist in families, groups and society at large.

God’s desire for His children is for them to rise above this fleshly mental appreciation of one another. He wants you to love people not because they’re nice or kind to you but because He said you should love everyone. He wants you to choose the love-highway! When you do, your emotions will line up with God’s Word and you’ll find that you’re able to love unconditionally. There’ll be a transformation in your relationships, and people will seek to identify with you because they can experience the love of God through you.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for helping me see through your eyes of love how valuable all men are. I make a choice today to relate with and appreciate others from the point of view of divine love, loving everyone around me as you have loved me in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:16
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

1 John 2:7-11
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 24:1-35
Reading plan Exodus 26-27

2 Year Bible Acts 7:1-15
Reading Plan Nehemiah 7-8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by FXKing2012(m): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Mabel, you are doing a great job, pls keep it up and stay blessed.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:14am On Feb 07, 2012
Maintain Your Good Character – Tuesday February 7, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God-what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect (Romans 12:2 GNB).

Often times you find people who allow their good character to be corrupted or negatively influenced by the bad behaviour or ill treatment they receive from others. For instance, someone could decide to stop greeting a neighbour or a colleague, because each time he greets that neighbour or colleague, he or she doesn’t answer. To make such a decision would mean that you’re allowing someone’s bad behaviour change your good character. Never allow that to happen to you.
That a friend or an acquaintance took undue advantage of your good behaviour is no justification for you to change for the worse. Maintain your good character. Keep on being the nice, loving and caring one; it will pay off. The question to ask before making a decision to change your good behaviour should be: “Was it right for me to do what I did?” If it was right, then you shouldn’t change it because someone else doesn’t like it.

Don’t be moved by the negative actions, comments or ill-treatments from others. Rather, respond in love to those who hurt or despitefully use you. If you act this way, you’ll be protecting your own spirit and at the same time promoting love, harmony and unity. Make the quality choice not to allow someone’s bad behaviour change your good character.

Confession
I refuse to allow the inadequacies of others rub-off on me or change my disposition. I’m who God says I am; a bright light, shining in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation. With the Word of God, my mind is constantly renewed and I walk in God’s will for me.

Further Study
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Believe And Receive Love – Wednesday February 8, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins (1 John 4:10).

God created man with the ability to love and receive love. So love is not only meant to be given, it’s also to be received. Receiving love is equally as important as giving it. Some people struggle in their relationship with God and with others because they don’t know how to receive love. Imagine a wife who says to her husband, “I know you really don’t love me.” Such a woman is unknowingly dousing the love her husband has for her. The man may not be able to explain it, but he’ll gradually tend to love her less. The same will happen with the man who thinks his wife doesn’t love him.

Love has to be believed and received. It has to be acted upon. The Bible tells us about one of the disciples of Jesus named John. He described himself as the disciple whom Jesus loved (John 21:20). This doesn’t suggest that the Lord loved John more than the other disciples; He loved them all equally. Any one of them could have placed his head on the Master’s chest (John 13:23), but only John believed and received the Master’s love enough to do so. That’s the right response to love.

John’s boldness to describe himself as one beloved of the Master wasn’t rooted in pride; rather it was based on complete trust. He caught the picture of the Master’s love and dared to believe he was the object of such unfeigned and unwavering love. The Bible says the love of God has been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5). It’s however up to you to choose how much of that you’re going to receive and express. It’s a personal response which, when understood, attracts even more love to you.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for lavishing your unconditional love on me, and for sending Jesus to be the propitiation for my sins. My lips shall praise you, my King, for I see from your Word today that I’m the object for your love and apple of your eyes. I love and adore you in return, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 13:23-25
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

Song of Solomon 2:4
He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:07am On Feb 09, 2012
Give Him Your Cares! – Thursday February 9, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? (Matthew 6:25).

The verse above is an invitation from the Master for you to trust Him with your life. He wants you to have no care or anxiety whatsoever about anything, because God loves you greatly, and tenderly cares for you. He’s saying to you “Give me your cares!”

As a child of God you must come to the point in your life where you know, without a doubt, that God is not only big enough to take care of you but equally willing to do so. He’s more willing for you to live and enjoy life to the full than you could ever be. This takes the stress out of life; knowing that you serve a loving and compassionate Father, whose desire is for you to live a victorious life. The reason many people in the world are unhappy and burdened with lots of worries, being surfeited with the cares of life is that they’re yet to accept His invitation: they haven’t given Him their cares.

1 Peter 5:7 says “Casting all your cares upon him; for he careth for you.” God cares for you personally; that means He knows you and He’s concerned about you, therefore trust Him with your life. The Psalmist knew what it meant to trust the Lord this way; he was so sure of God’s ability and willingness to guarantee his safety hence declared with all certainty: “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me” (Psalm 138:7). This should be your attitude as a child of God.

Too many are focused on the challenges and problems they’re facing, and as a result, lose sight of God’s grace and presence with them. By meditating on their challenges they short-circuit the power of God from working on their behalf. Refuse to dwell on whatever challenges you may be facing right now! Rather, think about the ability of the Spirit; He’s all-great and powerful and can put you over every adversity.

Prayer
I refuse to fret or worry over anything because God loves me and He’s big and powerful enough to take care of me! Therefore, I live victoriously in rest today, having cast all my cares upon Him. Blessed be His Name.

Further Study
Matthew 6:25-34
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 26:57-75
Reading plan Exodus 36-37

2 Year Bible Acts 8:31-40
Reading Plan Ester 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2012
Your Faith Is What Counts! – Friday February 10, 2012 – Pastor Chris

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small (Proverbs 24:10).

Is it possible for a Christian to be attacked by the evil one? Yes, but it makes no difference. The attack or onslaught of the enemy against you will not amount to anything, because you’re more than a conqueror: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). The Bible however talks about “the evil day” (Ephesians 6:13) or “day of adversity,” as read in our opening verse. It’s not a day to dread, but the day when your faith is tested.

Your faith must remain unwavering and resilient in the face of adversity; that’s what matters – not whether or not Satan and his cohorts are against you. Isaiah 54:15 (MSG says, “If anyone attacks you, don’t for a moment suppose that I sent them, And if any should attack, nothing will come of it.” Here the Lord describes the futility of the enemy’s onslaught against you; nothing will come of it! No attack, ploy, maneuvers or machinations of Satan can work against you when you stand your grounds in faith: “…Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7).

The word “strength” used in the opening scripture refers to your faith. When your faith is little or weak, it means your strength is small, and will not be able to withstand in the day of adversity. The cure for this is to feed more on God’s Word and put the Word to work in your life; that’s how to build your faith strong.

God doesn’t think Satan or his cohorts are factors; the factor is your faith. Ephesians 6:16 says “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” That sickness has attacked you is not a problem; the question is “Where is your faith?” It’s not about how bad the situation is. With faith in your spirit, every adversity will be a walkover. Your faith is the victory; so get into the Word and meditate on it consistently, and faith will be stirred in your spirit to walk through every adversity or opposition.

Confession
I’m not moved by the physical circumstances, but I stand firmly on God’s Word, taking advantage of the faith that has been imparted to my spirit to ward off the fiery missiles of the adversary. I declare that the power of God is released to cause a desired change as I put my faith to work. Hallelujah!

Further Study
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 27:1-26
Reading plan Exodus 38-39

2 Year Bible Acts 9:1-15
Reading Plan Ester 7-8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by princejude(m): 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
Mabell Welldone and God Bless You.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
Enjoy All Things – Sunday February 12, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21-22).

Everything you need for life and godliness has already been granted you in Christ Jesus. Our heavenly Father, through Christ has given you the best life – a life of victory, success, authority, joy and laughter; a life void of sickness, diseases, poverty, defeat and death. Some people believe they have to suffer and settle for the lesser things in life. For them, it’s wrong to look good, wear nice things and live in a good home. They’re of the notion that if you live in poverty, you’ll go to heaven; but if you have all the nice things of life, you’ll probably go to hell.

That you have good things and enjoy a prosperous life on earth doesn’t mean you won’t make heaven. Some of the greatest men in heaven as revealed to us in the Word were men of means and of great substance while they were on earth. Talk about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and David; these were no paupers! They enjoyed their lives and subdued the world of their time. Living in poverty, sickness and defeat is not at all the yardstick for those who’ll go to heaven.

Understand the will of God for your life; He made you after His own image and likeness, to live in dominion and exercise divine authority in the earth. The Bible talks about the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow (1 Peter 1:11)! That means now that you’re born again your life is for glory. There’s absolutely no need to live a defeated or miserable life. The Lord has perfected everything that concerns you; so go ahead, relish the moment and enjoy your life in Christ.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me all things to enjoy, having supplied all my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Thank you for giving me such a glorious life of joy, peace and laughter! I’m reigning in life by the power of the Holy Spirit, conscious that your divine power has given me all things that pertain to life and godliness in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 27:45-66
Reading plan Leviticus 1-3

2 Year Bible Acts 9:31-43
Reading Plan Job 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2012
Okoroafor Michael
Strengthen The Inner Man – Monday February 13, 2012 – Pastor Chris

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man (Ephesians 3:14-16).

Man is a spirit and he dwells in a body. That spirit or inner man is the real you. As the body or outward man can be weak, so can the inner man be weak if not properly nurtured spiritually. Your inner man must be strengthened with might – miracle – working ability – at all times for you to be able to deal effectively with the crises of life.

Food is to the physical body what the Word of God, prayer, and meditation are to your inner man. Your inner man is strengthened as you spend time studying and meditating on the Word, and praying in the spirit, in other tongues. You also develop the right character and are able to do the things of God more effectively.

Christians who vacillate, not being able to do the things they should do, or strong enough to refuse those things they shouldn’t do, demonstrate an inner weakness. When the inward man is energized, he’ll make the body do what it’s supposed to do, and refrain the body from doing what it shouldn’t do. You need that divine inner fortitude and strengthening in your spirit to forge ahead in life.

You may say, “I like to pray, but sometimes I just can’t get myself together to do it”; or “I want to win souls, but somehow I feel too shy and intimidated to speak.” Such things happen when your spirit is not energized. When your inner man is strengthened, you become fervent in the things of God all the time. You’ll love to pray and praise God; studying the Word will become an exhilarating experience for you! It won’t be hard for you to talk to somebody about Jesus; because you’re energized for the Gospel from within; you’re on top every day, bubbling for the Lord!

Confession
In the Name of Jesus, I’m strengthened with divine enablement in my inner man by the Holy Ghost. I function today with the Spirit of might, dominion and excellence, as the Word of God gains the mastery in my spirit, soul and body; dominating my thoughts and actions, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Psalm 84:7 (NIV)
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.

Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 28
Reading plan Leviticus 4-5

2 Year Bible Acts 10:1-15
Reading Plan Job 3-4

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:09am On Feb 14, 2012
Believe And Do The Word – Tuesday February 14, 2012

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

Some people are puzzled as to what to do to make the Word of God effective in their lives. Their concern is similar to the question the Jews put to Jesus in John 6:28-29: “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him who he hath sent.”

To believe the Word is to believe in Jesus, for He is the living Word. Doing the Word of God is proof that you believe it. Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandment; that means do my word. The Word of God has the ability, potentiality and capacity to produce what it says. James, in his epistle describes the blessedness of the one who hears and does the Word: “But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed” (James 1:25).

The blessing is in doing and not just in hearing the Word. Be sure to provide a good ground in your heart for the Word of God because the Word will naturally produce results once it’s sown in good ground. What guarantees its effectiveness in your life is your faith-response. Faith is action added to the Word that you heard; it’s the response of your human spirit to the Word of God.

For the Word to be effective in your life you must mix it with faith; you must believe and act on it. The Bible describes some in whose lives the Word wasn’t effective, not because the Word is void of power, for no Word from God is void of power, but they didn’t mix the Word with faith: “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it” (Hebrews 4:2).

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for sowing your Word into my spirit: your Word is working mightily in me today, producing in me what it talks about because I’m a doer of the Word. With Faith, meekness and gladness I receive and act on your Word to me today, to build me up and catapult me to my next level of success, victory and prosperity in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 1:1-20
Reading plan Leviticus 6-7

2 Year Bible Acts 10:16-31
Reading Plan Job 5-6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2012
Made For His Glory – Wednesday February 15, 2012 – Pastor Anita

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. (Ephesians 2:10 AMP).

One of the biggest and most inspiring truths of the Gospel ever to be communicated to us is that as Christians, we’re actually God’s reproduction; His handiwork! You’re His excellently created masterpiece. This ought to stir faith in your heart and make you value yourself more. To think that God created you, and ordained you to a life of eternal fruitfulness and productivity, even though humbling, is absolutely worth shouting about!

God has never made a failure; that He gave birth to you means you’re a success already. Sickness, poverty, disease, death and defeat are not consistent with your life; they’re not part of your “spiritual DNA.” God made you for His glory; therefore your life is to the praise and glory of His Name; never look down on yourself.

You’re the glory of God. It doesn’t matter what your experiences may have been; believe and receive the Word of God to you today. Refuse and refute any description that tends to portray you otherwise. Call yourself what God called you. He has made you healthy, victorious, super-intelligent, prosperous, strong, influential, and rich! Therefore, say “Yes Lord, I’m what you say I am. I’m healthy, victorious, super-intelligent, prosperous, strong, influential, and rich!”

Believe and keep talking like this everyday! Some people may say you’re boasting, but as Pastor Chris always says, “Keep saying it; don’t stop talking it!” Keep declaring who you are; you’re God’s best. He gave birth to you to show you off as first-class and the crown of all His creation (James 1:18). You’re called to display the virtues and perfections of divinity! You were made for His glory and perfected for the good life!

Confession
My life is for the glory of God! I’m created for success and the good life; I have in me the indestructible life, therefore I can never be defeated! I walk in health, victory, prosperity and strength today, because the Greater One lives in me!

Further Study
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 1:21-45
Reading plan Leviticus 8

2 Year Bible Acts 10:32-48
Reading Plan Job 7-8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:38am On Feb 16, 2012
See With Your Heart! · Thursday, February 16th · Page Visits (545)

Pastor Chris

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

The underlined portion of our opening verse refers to the limitless nature of the human spirit. God has set eternity in the hearts of men so they may have extraordinary capacity to contemplate, envision or see. The word translated "world" above is the Hebrew "olam," which means from vanishing point or eternity. The reason God can relate with man and
instruct him to dominate his world is because He has set eternity in man’s spirit. There’s no limit to the extent, reach and capacity to which the human spirit can function.

For example, in Genesis 13:14-15, the Lord said to Abraham: ", Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever." Romans 4:13 reveals that by faith, Abraham encompassed the whole world with his spirit from where he stood; and on that premise, God willed the whole world to him. This shows you can envision and encompass territories, cities, nations and even the whole world in your heart through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit can open your understanding for you to become aware and be able to comprehend the wonderful blessings God has prepared for you to enjoy (1 Corinthians 2:12). The principle is: See it inside first—with your heart—the eyes of your spirit. This is beyond seeing with your physical eyes or the imaginative power of your mind. It has to do with the power of the Holy Spirit catapulting you into God’s realm, where your spirit can see as God wants you to see, and interpret what He shows you.

Consciously practise seeing with your heart by meditating on the Word, and contemplating the realities of the heavenly Kingdom, to which you belong. This will make you a creator; a maker and a wonder to your world because of the ability of the Spirit granted you to see things that are hidden to the natural man.
Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening the eyes of my understanding to comprehend the immeasurable, unlimited and surpassing greatness of your power at work in me! Thank you for granting me insight into mysteries and secrets, in the deep and intimate knowledge of you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Joel 2:28

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Leviticus 9-10; Mark 2:1-22
2 Year Reading Plan : A cts 11:1-15; Job 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:35am On Feb 17, 2012
▶ Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional
Be Courageous For The Gospel – Friday February 17, 2012 – Pastor Chris
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ (Ephesians 3:cool.
The verse above lets us know our calling, as ministers of eternal verities. We’ve been ordained of God to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ; we’re to tell the untold about Jesus and reach the unreached. It’s a task for everyone who is in Christ; you have a ministry to your world. You’ve been charged with the responsibility to minister life, and the power of God, to the lost and hurting in the world. The Lord knows you’d require courage to achieve this, hence He gave you His precious Holy Spirit, to strengthen and empower you for the task.
To be an effective witness for Christ, you need courage – the boldness of the Spirit in increasing measure. It brings to mind the charge the Lord gave Joshua as he was about to launch out into the ministry; He said to him, “Only be thou strong and very courageous…” (Joshua 1:7). Courage is the ability to face danger and opposition fearlessly. It’s also the will and ability to stand for what’s right in spite of opposition. So being courageous for the Gospel means being willing and ready to do what’s right and necessary for the propagation of the Gospel, in spite of opposition.
What is needed in the ministry of the Gospel today are men and women of courage; courage to affirm your faith in Christ, no matter the adversity. The Lord Jesus, the apostles, and the early Church stood their grounds for the Gospel in spite of oppositions. They didn’t chicken out. They withstood kings and despots of their time; they weren’t scared to die for the Gospel. This positive courage and passion to minister life, to strengthen others – bring them into God’s light – and lift them out of the thralldom of spiritual darkness should spur you on for the Gospel. ‎​Have that inner motivation to make the Gospel known at all cost. That’s the spirit that makes you do anything for the propagation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your highest pursuit in life should be making the Gospel known; it’s the greatest cause to live for.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege given to me to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ and minister life to those in my world, through the Gospel. Thank you for empowering me for this glorious task which I’m glad to carry out today, by the power of your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
2 Corinthians 3:5-6
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 2:23-3:1-12
Reading plan Leviticus 11-12
2 Year Bible Acts 11:16-30
Reading Plan Job 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:03am On Feb 20, 2012
Living Joyfully Is A Choice · monday, february 20th -Pastor Chris

You will show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy. In your right hand there are pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11).

God doesn’t have the responsibility of making you joyful. What He did was to put His joy in your spirit. Having been born again, you’ve been brought into the life of unending joy. Joy is inherent in your spirit; all you have to do is let it out. The Bible says in Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." There’re certain features in your recreated human spirit, and one of them is joy; but it’s up to you to live joyfully all the time.
God isn’t going to make you any more joyful today than He already did when you were born again. Also, no one in the world has the responsibility of making you joyful; that job rests with you alone. So whether you live joyfully or not is actually your personal choice. Choose to be joyful; it pays. The Bible talks about the curative and therapeutic effect of a joyful heart: "A merry heart doeth good like medicine" (Proverbs 17:22). Joyful, happy people are hardly ever sick.

You may say, "I’m joyful, it’s just that I don’t show it!" No. Joy has expressions. You can’t claim to be joyful and not express it. James 5:13 confirms it; it says, "Is any merry? let him sing psalms." Joy has nothing to do with what’s happening to you or around you; it’s got nothing to do with what others have said or done against you. It also has nothing to do with your experiences. You can be joyful in the midst of trouble, just like Paul and Silas when they were slammed in prison (Acts 16:25).

The Bible says the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10). When you’re joyful, you’re strengthened. If you think you’re weak, your recipe for strength is the joy of the Lord. The joy of the Lord doesn’t come because someone said something funny to you; it’s spiritual. The Apostle Peter said in 1 Peter 1:8 "…ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory." Perhaps you were feeling downcast, abandoned or neglected, right away, you can stir up joy from within. When that joy wells up in you, you’ll be strengthened by the Lord from inside through the Holy Spirit who lives and functions in you.

Prayer

Dear Father, my heart is filled with the joy and laughter of the Spirit today. I rejoice exceedingly in the Holy Ghost with joy unspeakable and full of glory, irrespective of the circumstances and situations that I may face, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 12:3; Philippians 3:3; Philippians 4:4

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Leviticus 16-18; Mark 4:21-41

2 Year Reading Plan : A cts 13:1-15; Job 17-18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2012
Choose To Pray · wednesday, february 22nd ·---------Pastor Chris

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting (1 Timothy 2:cool.

Someone once said, "I always feel reluctant to pray. How do I get free from this?" It’s just like someone who feels reluctant to eat. If you don’t eat, then you’ll lose weight and become malnourished. But there’ll only be a change when you choose to act wisely by eating right. Same with prayer; when you feel reluctant to pray that’s when you should pray. Remember, God has given you the power of choice, so you have the power to choose and exercise wisdom by acting on your knowledge of the importance of prayer.

This kind of wisdom is a force; it’s more than ability. You can have the ability to do something and not do it. But true wisdom is that you know what you should do, and you do it! So let that wisdom function in you at all times and cause you to do what’s right, like choosing to pray. Prayer is your life’s work, and the best way to learn to pray is to pray. Culture yourself to do this, whether or not you feel like. Jesus said in Luke 18:1, ", men ought always to pray, and not to faint;" He didn’t say, "men ought always to pray when they feel like!"

You have the power to decide what you want to do, so choose to pray. Take for example, Paul’s admonition to Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:2: "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." Here, the Spirit of God teaches us something important, letting us know that whether or not we feel like it, in every season, we ought to preach the Gospel. The same thing with prayer; you pray in season and out of season!

Prayer doesn’t require a convenient place per se; you can pray anywhere, in any position. You don’t necessarily have to find a place where you can kneel, or a place that’s high enough for you to lift your hands or a place where you can shout. You can pray as quietly as possible, or as loudly as you want; you can pray sitting, lying, kneeling—whatever position. What’s important is that you pray. So you have no excuse not to pray. Make a decision to pray always—anywhere—and God will hear and answer you.

Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the benefit, privilege and opportunity of prayer! I’m excited that you hear and answer me always when I pray. I declare that the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, is with me today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 6:18; Acts 3:1

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Leviticus 22-23; Mark 5:21-43

2 Year Reading Plan : A cts 13:31-45; Job 21-22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2012
The Holy Spirit: The Key To Every Blessing · monday, february 27th---Pastor Anita

It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]…(John 6:63 AMP).

If you’re born again, and have received the Holy Spirit, no sickness, disease or infirmity should have the power or ability to ravage your body. This is the reality and it’s important that you catch it. The Holy Spirit is the life-giver; He’s the key to every blessing, and all of life in the earth. The Bible says in Psalm 104:30 (CEV) that God created all things and gave new life to the earth through the Holy Spirit.
When the Holy Spirit—the life-giver—makes His abode in you, He gives life to your physical body. Even if your body had been paralyzed, His presence in you will restore you to perfect health! The Bible says if Christ be in you, though the body be dead because of sin; that is, though it be broken because of sickness and disease, the Spirit gives it life because of righteousness (Romans 8:10). As one who’s born again and have received the Holy Spirit, you don’t need prayer to be healed of any infirmity. You can simply walk out of that sickness or predicament you may have found yourself.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of life (Romans 8:2). Not only does He give life to your body, He gives life to every area of your life—your work, academics family—etc. Also, He makes you a life-giver. He takes away the dryness and brings fruitfulness and productivity into your life. He’s the one who impregnates your words with power so that when you speak, things happen. He puts you ahead of others by causing your eyes to see what they don’t see, and anoints your hands so that anything you touch is blessed.

There’s hope for the world because the Holy Spirit lives in you; and through you He can give life to your world. Remember, you’re His outstretched hands; He can only fully express Himself and bless those in your world through you.

Prayer

My strength is renewed today, and my whole being is invigorated because the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in me, and I’m conscious of His presence in me, and mindful of His power that’s at work in me mightily, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:10-11

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Numbers 3-4; Mark 8:14-26

2 Year Reading Plan : A cts 15:16-30; Job 31-32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:55am On Feb 29, 2012
‎​You’re His Living Temple – Wednesday February 29, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him (John 14:23 AMP).

Some people look for special places of prayer when they have serious things to pray about. At such times, they say they’re “going to the mountain” to meet with God, much like how the children of Israel regularly went to meet with Him in places where they built Him an altar.

As new creations, we don’t need to go through such a routine to fellowship with the Lord because we’re His altar and He dwells in us. 1 Corinthians 6:19 says, “…know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost…” The word “temple” could also be rendered as “home,” but Paul chose to use temple in order to communicate the religious nature of your body as regards its service to the Lord.

One time, a Samaritan woman asked Jesus what He thought of the different places where the Jews and Samaritans worshipped. She said, “Our fathers worshipped God on the mountain, but you Jews say we ought to come to Jerusalem to do that.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, not yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father…But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him” (John 4:21, 23).

The hour Jesus was referring to has come; it’s the day of the new creation. You don’t have to go about looking for where to meet or worship the Father, for God lives in you now. Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost; you carry Him with you everywhere you go.
Understand however that as your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, you’re also a member of the body of Christ, which is made up of other believers like you. So as you worship the Lord at your private moments, you must also participate in corporate worship with fellow believers by attending church services. That’s where you’ll hear the Word, grow spiritually, and be effective in the work of the Kingdom.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me your abode and special dwelling place. My heart rejoices exceedingly because your presence remains with and in me always. Therefore, I will not fear or walk as though I’m alone, for greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!

Further Study
Acts 7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:25am On Mar 01, 2012
The Effectual Word · Thursday, March 1st -------------------- Pastor Chris

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it (Isaiah 55:11).

The Word of God is living and powerful: It is active, operative, energizing, and effective: "…it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing {and} sifting {and} analyzing {and} judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12 AMP). This scripture describes the infallible quality and efficacy of the Word.
Despite the effectual nature of God’s Word, Jesus taught that a man could render the Word ineffective in his own life. The Pharisees for one were experts in the Jewish traditions at the expense of following the true teachings of God’s Word. Hence the Word, even though effectual, all-powerful, and operative, didn’t produce results in their lives. They made the Word ineffective.

Many today, like the Pharisees, are either casual with the Word or bound to religion and traditions of men, thereby short-circuiting the power of the Word in them. People with personal traditions and religious opinions, beliefs and thought-patterns that are contrary to new creation realities revealed to us in the Word, will make the Word ineffective in their lives.

Never undermine the power of the Word; don’t get too "familiar" with the Word to the point it no longer makes an impact on you. Have a childlike attitude of delight and hunger for the Word always. Your only recourse in any situation in life should be the Word of God. When you find yourself in any difficult situation where you’re wondering what to do, ask yourself, "What does the Word say concerning this situation?" Search the Word for information or instruction that covers that situation and put it to work; that’s how to honour the Word and give it pre-eminence in your life, and it’ll always work for you.

Confession

The Word of God is my life, and it’s exalted in my heart, above every thought, desire, aspiration or belief today! My success in life is guaranteed and unstoppable because I’ve made the Word of God my contemplation and meditation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 2:8; Mark 7:11-13

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Numbers 7-8; Mark 9:14-32

2 Year Reading Plan : A cts 16:21-40; Job 37-38
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:30am On Mar 05, 2012
Win For Others! • Monday, March 5, 2012 – Pastor Chris

And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance (Genesis 45:7).

The victory of Jesus over sin, death, and the devil wasn’t for Himself but for us. He battled on our behalf and gave us the victory; now we’ve become more than conquerors. That’s true success; it’s winning for ot, hers; helping them achieve and become what God has destined for them to be. Realize that what you make happen for others, the Lord will make happen for you. Win for others.

We find such an example in David, who battled Goliath, not for self-aggrandizement but for the common good of all Israel. When he first heard the giant cursing, he asked a question: "What will be done for the man who defeats the giant?" He was told among other things that he and his house will be free of taxes in Israel. Young as he was, his eyes sparkled at the thought of his entire family being exonerated from tax forever!
Aside from championing the cause for the entire nation of Israel, he was determined to win the battle against Goliath so his entire family would benefit. Thus, his victory was both for his immediate family, and for the entire people of Israel.

Learn to win for others. Don’t just make it through life thinking only about yourself. Make your world a better place. Be a problem-solver so others may gain and have a better life through your ingenuity, innovations, and the ideas of the Spirit that come through you. See the challenges around you as opportunities for victory, for indeed they are! Ask the Lord to grant you the knowledge and wisdom to solve problems for yourself and others.

Confession
I have the supernatural wisdom and ability to do the impossible, because the Greater One lives in me! I recognize life’s challenges as my opportunities to win and make my world a better place. I’m a champion for my generation, and a problem-solver. Through me, lives will be saved, transformed and preserved today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Esther 4:14
For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Numbers 16-17; Mark 11:1-26
2 Year Reading Plan : A cts 18:16-28; Psalm 4-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by uche13: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
Hi Mabell. Pls Rhapsody for this month is scarce in my church. Can you keep on posting it here. Thanks
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
The Glory Within • Thursday, March 15, 2012 – Pastor Anita

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

In Exodus 34:28, we find an interesting account of how Moses was in the presence of God for forty days and forty nights where he received the Ten Commandments. Ordinarily, it wouldn’t have taken a whole day to receive the Ten Commandments since it consisted of just few sentences. So why did Moses need to be in the presence of God for forty days and forty nights to receive the Ten Commandments?
For Moses, it was more than Ten Commandments. As he listened to God speak forth those commandments, all he could see was the glory of God. He contemplated and meditated on the "doxa" (the glory) of God, until the glory so rubbed-off on him and began to radiate from his face. Such was the radiance of glory emanating from his face that the people withdrew when they saw him step down from Mount Sinai (2 Corinthians 3:7). It’s important to note that this glory came on Moses while he meditated on the Ten Commandments.

Now, the Bible lets us know that the glory of God that was on the face of Moses resides in us, and that glory far exceeds what Moses had. It’s called the more excellent glory: "For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth" (2 Corinthians 3:9-10).

This inherent glory in us is what the Apostle Paul referenced in our opening scripture. He lets us know that as we behold the glory of God in the Word of God, we’re metamorphosed; we’re transfigured into the same glory that we see in the Word. This means we’re not only the carriers or effulgence of God’s glory; we are the glory of God!

Confession
The glory of God is risen upon me, and I manifest that glory today, everywhere I go. The power, beauty, and excellence of God are revealed through me to my world, as I walk worthy of the Lord, displaying the wonderful deeds and perfections of Him who has called me out of darkness unto glory and virtue.

Further Study:
John 17:22
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Deuteronomy 3-4; Luke 1:1-25
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 22:16-30; Psalm 29-30

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.