Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250421 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2018
Our Authority In Christ - Sunday, April 22nd 2018.

Pastor Chris

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).

Our authority in Christ is all-encompassing, and unlimited, and has nothing to do with our personal acts of righteousness. Rather, it’s the result of the obedience of Christ, and our placement in Him. Here’s something really beautiful: In Matthew 23:1-3, the Lord Jesus, speaking to the multitude, and to His disciples, said, “…The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.”

The Master used the scripture above to explain something profound about authority. The Scribes and Pharisees represented Moses, and Moses represented the Law. Under the Law, the Scribes and Pharisees were to be obeyed, because they had the authority of Moses, even though they themselves weren’t living and acting right. Nevertheless, since they sat in Moses’ seat, Jesus said, “Obey them.” That’s a law in the Kingdom.

Now, even though the Master didn’t approve of the actions of the Scribes and Pharisees, including their hypocrisy and religiosity, He recognized their authority and taught the people to honour that authority, because of Moses. As a Christian, you sit in Jesus’ seat. Your authority over devils and the powers of darkness isn’t based on your ability or human perfection; it’s the authority of Christ.

When God spoke out from heaven about Jesus in Matthew 17:5, “…This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him,” He was talking to all of nature. All of creation—Satan, demons, angels, everything in life, living and non-living—have all been commanded to hear and obey Jesus, and by extension, you, because you sit in His seat. The Bible says, “…as he is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17).

Satan and all his demons are aware of this; they know that you have the power to cast them out anytime, anywhere, under all circumstances, and that they’re bound to obey you. They don’t obey you because of anything else; they obey you because of Jesus, because you function in His dominion. You’re seated with Him in the place of glory, power, and authority. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the boldness and authority your Word has stirred in my spirit. All of creation responds to me, because I sit in Jesus’ seat; the whole world is mine. I live triumphantly today and always, manifesting the power and dominion of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:4-6
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Luke 10:19 AMPC
Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:28-48, 1 Samuel 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 14:12-23, Psalm 125-126

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2018
We’re In The “Much Fruit” Class - Monday, April 23rd 2018.

Pastor Chris

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing (John 15:5).

The Lord Jesus is the Vine and we’re the branches. That means we’re of the same stalk. The same life that’s in the Vine flows through the branches and as a result, we’re ordained to a fruitful and productive life. Not only is the Lord interested in you bearing fruits, He also wants you to bear lasting fruits: “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain…” (John 15:16).

Remember, He said every branch in the Vine that’s unfruitful is taken away, but every branch that bears fruit is purged and pruned to bear more fruit (John 15:2). He continually works in you so you can keep bearing fruit; we belong in the “much fruit” class. If you’re bringing forth fewer fruits, it’s because you chose to. You have the ability to bring forth much fruits; He chose and ordained you for that: read our opening scripture again.

God has programmed you, consecrated and anointed you to bring forth fruits, which means there’s no room for failure in your life. Everything you do prospers; anything you’re involved in grows; you’re productive in all seasons. Psalm 1:3 puts it clearly: you’re like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth fruit in season; your leaf also never withers, and whatsoever you do, prospers.

Confession...
I’m fruitful and productive because Christ is in me, and I’m in Him; we’re of the same stalk. Everything I do prospers, and I’m making progress from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Colossians 1:9-10
For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Psalm 1:1-3 NIV
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:1-19, 1 Samuel 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:1-9, Psalm 127-128

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2018
UNDERSTANDING IS IMPORTANT - Tuesday, April 24th

Pastor Chris

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7).

Just as wisdom is important, understanding is also very important. That’s why the Bible says, “…therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” A beautiful thing about the Spirit of wisdom is that He doesn’t come alone. In Proverbs 8:14, Wisdom says, “Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.” Wisdom imparts understanding. Sometimes, people have questions for which they require answers, but the Spirit of wisdom gives you insight into mysteries and secrets; He floods the eyes of your understanding with light.

The Lord Jesus emphasized the importance of understanding when He spoke a parable to the people about the sower who went forth to sow his seeds. As he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side. He then explained that the seeds that fell by the way side represent those who, when they hear the Word, don’t understand it. The message actually got into their hearts, but Jesus said, because they didn’t understand it, Satan came immediately to steal it from their hearts (Matthew 13:19).

People do many things today in the Church without proper understanding. For instance, when some sing worship songs, not many care to understand the language or the message they’re worshipping with. Some supposed worship songs are actually not worship songs, yet many sing them and, in their minds, they’re worshipping the Lord. For instance, when you sing: “We’re heirs of the Father,” that’s an affirmation; it blesses you, but it’s not a worship song.

Worship songs are about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. A song like, “I Surrender All,” isn’t a worship song, neither is it for the new creation; it’s meant for sinners being converted to Christ. You already “surrendered all” when you proclaimed Jesus as the Lord of your life. You don’t need to surrender again.

Do you see why understanding is so important? Without it, one’s ministry, success, and prosperity will be very limited. What you need is to grow in wisdom—divine wisdom—and this comes to you through the ministry of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Yield yourself completely to the Holy Spirit. Study and meditate on the Word every day, and you’ll find that always, you’re filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Confession...
The Word of God dwells in me richly, causing me to know and walk in God’s divine plan. I’m filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Isaiah 11:2
And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Ephesians 1:17-18
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Luke 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:20-21:1-4,
1 Samuel 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:10-19,
Psalm 129-130
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Apr 25, 2018
What You Need Isn't A Touch - Wednesday, April 25th 2018.

Pastor Chris

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).

Some Christians unknowingly still live their lives on the basis of the revelations in the Old Testament. That's not God's plan for the new creation. Until and unless such Christians change their mentality, they'll keep walking outside the glory of God without realizing it.

In the New Testament, you'll never find the kind of things that some teach or practise in the Church today. For instance, someone desires a change in his life and says, "I just need a touch from God," or "I'm praying that God will touch me." These statements may sound nice and religious, but they don't convey or express new creation realities. It does, however, explain why such people merely experience the glory occasionally in their lives, if they do at all, whereas, they ought to be basking in it.

Why ask for a "touch" from the Spirit when He lives in you in His fullness? Our opening verse says Christ in you, the hope of glory. The one you're asking a touch from is mingled with your spirit; you're one with Him: "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit" (1 Corinthians 6:17). What you need isn't a touch, but to be filled with the Spirit always, and the scripture shows us how in Ephesians 5:18-21 (Study the entire reference).

Christ is in you, and Christ is everything. You have the fullness of the Spirit. You're replete with God. The Bible says you're complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10). This is the revelation of Christianity. How much touch do you expect to get from someone who already dwells in you? His hands are in your hands, and His legs are in your legs. He sees through your eyes. You're His living tabernacle. Glory to God!

Don't major on the minors, thereby minimizing what God has maximized. Paul said, "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things" (1 Corinthians 13:11). Don't ask for a touch. The Holy Ghost wasn't sent to be beside you and touch you from time to time; He lives in you forever. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me an understanding of the transcendent life in Christ. I see with, and live by your Word, and your glory is revealed in, and through me by the Holy Spirit, who lives in me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study :
John 3:34
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure [unto him]. ||

John 14:16-18
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [18] I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.

Ephesians 5:18-21
[18] And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; [19] Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; [20] Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; [21] Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 21:5-38; 1 Samuel 23-25

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Romans 15:20-33; Psalm 131-132

Good morning.
God bless you.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Apr 26, 2018
The Heavens Are Already Open - Thursday, April 26th .

Pastor Chris

We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven (Philippians 3:20 GNB)

Many around the world believe in the idea of an open heaven, praying always to God for open heavens. This poses a question: When did the heavens become closed? The idea of open heaven is misconstrued from Malachi 3:10. There, the Bible says, “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the WINDOWS OF HEAVEN, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”

The expression, “windows,” or “floodgates of heaven” is only a figure of speech. If it means literal windows, then where are they located? It’s like what we read in Genesis 28:12 about Jacob. The Bible says he was sleeping and had a dream: “...and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.”

Jacob’s ladder was Christ; it’s figurative. Jesus Christ reconciled all things in heaven and earth. He reconciled man to God. The Bible says, “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ” (John 1:17). He Himself said, “...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending UPON THE SON OF MAN” (John 1:51). He was that ladder.

Christ has come. This means the heavens are already open; you no longer have to pray for, or expect an open heaven. You’re already a member of the family of God; a citizen of heaven on earth: “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named” (Ephesians 3:14-15). It’s one big family, and you belong there now.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for my citizenship is in heaven, where sickness, infirmity, troubles and poverty have no place. I’m seated with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that’s named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 2:5-6
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 3:13-15
Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, ||*

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:1-38,
1 Samuel 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 16:1-11,
Psalm 133-134
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
HE RELATES WITH YOUR SPIRIT - Friday, April 27th .

Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

God relates with your spirit, not your mind or physical body. When He talks to you, He talks to your spirit. Your spirit knows exactly when God talks and what He’s saying, because your spirit knows God. His nature is in your spirit, and that’s where His light is as well: “The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly” (Proverbs 20:27).

Your spirit was created to know God’s voice. God may not speak English, French, Portuguese, or any other earthly language when He talks to you, but you’ll hear Him in your spirit in whatever language you understand. He’s a master communicator. If you’ve never heard Him, chances are, you’ve not been listening from your spirit or you haven’t trained yourself to respond to Him.

God and His Word are one, and He speaks to you from His Word. Everything He says is always consistent with His Word. Therefore, the more you study His Word, the more you familiarize yourself with His voice, and are able to respond to Him when He speaks to you.

Now, since God relates with your spirit, your response to Him and to circumstances must also be from your spirit, for faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. You must see yourself from the perspective of God’s Word, and respond to circumstances, interpret and deal with issues according to the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability to hear and recognize your voice. I walk in the spirit, and not in the flesh. My spirit is trained and energized by your Word to hear and discern your voice as you lead me in glory, and righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Psalm 62:11
God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power [belongeth] unto God.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:39-65,
1 Samuel 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 16:12-27,
Psalm 135-136
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2018
Be Full Of the Spirit always - Sunday, April 29th .

Pastor Chris

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2:4).

The early Church understood the importance of being continually filled with the Spirit; it was the standard. They were Holy Ghost-conscious; they were “God-inside” minded. After the experience they had in Acts 2:4, the Bible says, “And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and THEY WERE ALL FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST…” (Acts 4:31). Notice how many were said to be filled with the Holy Ghost: all the brethren!

What a Church we would have when, on a service day, everyone in the congregation is full of the Holy Ghost! That ought to be the norm; that’s God’s dream for every one of us. In Acts 6:5, the Bible describes Stephen as a man full of faith, and of the Holy Ghost. Acts 11:24, referring to Barnabas, says the same thing.

No one can carry out ministry or do God’s work without being filled with the Holy Ghost. It accounts for the reason many are struggling and frustrated; they’re on the verge of giving up on their assignments in ministry. If only they’ll act on the Word, things will change.

Peter, Stephen, and Barnabas were all described as men “full of the Holy Ghost”; let that be said of you. Yes, you have the Holy Ghost, but the Bible says to be full of Him. Being full of the Spirit isn’t something the Lord needs to do for you; it’s absolutely your responsibility, and the scriptures show how to make it happen (read Ephesians 5:18-21). Verse eighteen in the Amplified Classic says, “And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but EVER be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit.” Notice the word, “ever”; meaning it isn’t a one-off experience.

All your waking moments, you’re to be full of the Spirit, and when that happens, your life will be one of unstoppable success and ever-increasing glory. It doesn’t matter what the barrier is, when you get to it, it’ll fall! If it doesn’t fall, you push it down. If you push it and it doesn’t fall, you walk right through it! There’s no such thing as impossibility or limitations when you’re full of the Holy Ghost; you’re absolutely invincible! Glory to God!

Confession...
I’m continually filled with the Spirit, in wisdom, sound judgement, knowledge, glory and dominion! No barrier can stand in my path. There’re no impossibilities or limitations to me; I’m full of might and power by the Spirit of the Lord, for works of righteousness. Blessed be God!

Further Study :

Ephesians 5:18
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Acts 4:8
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Acts 13:9
Then Saul, (who also [is called] Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, [thou] child of the devil, [thou] enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:26-49, 2 Samuel 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 1:10-21, Psalm 139-140
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:13am On Apr 30, 2018
We're The Expression Of The Word - Monday, April 30th .

Pastor Chris

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

In Christianity, we’re not called to obey the Word; we’re called to do the Word. We’re Word practitioners; we live the Word. What it really means is that we’re the expression of the Word. Here’s why talking the is so important: Talking comes ahead of doing. What you say, you’ll do! What you say, you become, if you weren’t “it” already. Your mouth is the expression of your personality.

The speech is where the human spirit expresses himself the most in the human person. When you receive the knowledge of the Word, what you’re supposed to do is to take it and speak it. You’re already the Word in flesh; so you’re merely expressing who you are, or what you have, as stated in the Word.

This is why you should be inundated with the Word; soaked in the Word, so that all you think, and talk, is the Word, because you’re actually the offspring of the Word. Jesus is the Word of God in flesh; you’re also the Word of God in flesh. 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 says, “…ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ….” The epistle of Christ is the Word of Christ—the Word of God, which is who you are. This is the revelation of the new creation!

So, when the Word says, for instance, “Be anxious for nothing...” (Philippians 4:6 NKJV), He’s not telling you to try not to be anxious; it’s not a commandment for you to “obey.” Rather, He’s saying that not being anxious is a reflection of your character and personality, so live accordingly. You’re the one that doesn’t get anxious for anything; that’s your person; it’s not something you try to obey, but a reality that you live out.

This is true Christianity: It’s the out-working of the Word in you. When you talk, it’s the Word; when you act, it’s the Word. Your life is the revelation of the Word.

Confession...
I’m the icon of the unseen Christ, the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person! As I contemplate the Word of God, beholding the glory thereof, I’m metamorphosed
Further Study :

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:50-24:1-12,
2 Samuel 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 1:22-31,
Psalm 141-142
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On May 01, 2018
No Enchantment against you - Tuesday, May 1st .

Pastor Chris

Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel… (Numbers 23:23).

In the Old Testament, Balak the king of Moab was angry with Israel and hired the prophet called Balaam, to curse Israel. More to Balak’s chagrin, each time Balaam was to curse Israel, blessings came forth from his mouth. Then he said to Balak, “Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he (God) hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it” (Numbers 23:20).

Balaam eventually gave up trying to curse Israel after three failed attempts. The Bible says he saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel; and so, he refused to continue seeking enchantments against Israel (Numbers 24:1). In other words, he realized it was futile to curse or concoct negative schemes against those whom the Lord had blessed. His conclusion on the matter was what we read in the opening verse. See how the Good News Bible puts it: “There is no magic charm, no witchcraft, That can be used against the nation of Israel….”

Today, such things still happen: people go to voodoo priests, sorcerers, and diviners to put a curse on a colleague or someone they’ve perceived as an enemy. Sometimes, people who never had any history or trace of sickness could suddenly come up with a terminal disease or even become lunatic, as a result of a curse placed on them. Oftentimes, those who have been cursed aren’t even aware that it’s a curse that’s working against them; their problems defy every medical or human effort.

But thanks be unto God! Once you’re born again, no one can curse you, because you’re the blessed of the Lord. The new creation is the blessed of God. We’re His chosen ones: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people…” (1 Peter 2:9).

Never be afraid of any sorcerer, magician, or voodoo priest; their actions against you are futile, no matter how they try. You can’t be bewitched. You can’t be charmed. You can’t be cursed. You walk in blessings only, and only the blessed Word of the Lord can come to pass in your life. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Blessed Father, you’ve blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ; I’m conscious of this truth and the authority I have over all principality, power, and the rulers of the darkness of this world! I walk in blessings only; I’m secure in Christ, fortified against all machinations and stratagems of the adversary, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Numbers 23:7
And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, [saying], Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.
:8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, [whom] the LORD hath not defied?
:9 For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 24:13-35, 2 Samuel 9-11

Psalm 143-144Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 2:1-11,
Psalm 143-144
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2018
EMPOWERED TO PROSPER

Thursday, May 3rd
Pastor Chris

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit (Jeremiah 17:7-cool.

Oftentimes, Christians use certain words, not knowing exactly what they mean. For example, to some people, “God bless you” is a nice church greeting; that’s all they think it is, but it’s something really powerful if you understand what it means. To be blessed means to be empowered to prosper; that you’re blessed means there’s an empowerment on you for prosperity, excellence, victory, fruitfulness and productivity in every area of your life.

Now, because you’re blessed, it’s impossible for you to be defeated or disadvantaged; you’re protected and preserved by the Lord. This doesn’t mean you won’t face challenges, but irrespective of the challenges or oppositions, you’ll always win; where others fail, you win. This is your life as a Christian. You’ve been empowered to prosper in all things and deal wisely in the affairs of life. This took effect when you received the Holy Spirit.

Even if you were placed in a desert or barren land, you’ll still prosper; the desert will turn into a fruitful field, because you’re the blessed of the Lord. Live every day with this consciousness.

PRAYER

Dear Father, you’ve blessed me and empowered me to prosper in all things and deal wisely in all of my affairs. I’m supernaturally protected and preserved, walking in divine favour continually; everything connected to me prospers, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Genesis 12:2-3 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. ||

|| Galatians 3:8-9 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:1-18,
2 Samuel 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 3:1-9,
Psalm 147-148
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2018
Pronounce Blessings - Friday, May 4th .

Pastor Chris

And without all contradiction the LESS is blessed of the BETTER (Hebrews 7:7).

In our opening verse, the Greek words translated “less” and “better” help us understand what we’re dealing with: ranks, seniority. It’s actually referring to the less strong, being blessed of the stronger; that is, someone of a higher rank blessing someone of a lower rank. For instance, parents can bless their children. A minister can bless his congregation. In the Old Testament, the priests were asked to bless the congregation of Israel. In the New Testament, we find the same thing.

The Apostle Paul, for example, blessed the churches. In concluding his letter to the Roman Christians, he said, “And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen” (Romans 16:20). Likewise, in his second letter to the Corinthian Church, he blessed them saying, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen” (2 Corinthians 13:14).

Blessings are conveyed primarily in words, and you can’t bless someone who isn’t already “blessed”; this is a mystery, but also a spiritual reality. You can only bless someone that’s blessed. We read in the Old Testament how God instructed the priests to bless the children of Israel. He said, “…On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them, The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace” (Numbers 6:23-26).

They were already blessed people, yet every time they came together, the priests would pronounce these benedictions over them to activate the blessings that are already in them. So, as a child of God, learn to pronounce blessings. You’re blessed to bless. Therefore, wake up in the morning, speaking blessings. The Bible says, “Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing” (1 Peter 3:9). Pronounce blessings on your family, work, children, business, ministry, academics, etc., every day.

Prayer...
I’m blessed with the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ. I’m blessed in the city and in the field; blessed in my going out and coming in. In my path are life and peace, glory, abundance and eternal rejoicing, now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Thessalonians 3:12
And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all [men], even as we [do] toward you:
:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Hebrews 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 1:19-51, 2 Samuel 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 3:10-23, Psalm 149-150
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:49am On May 06, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

Only the Word Counts - Sunday, May 6th 2018.

Pastor Chris

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed (Galatians 1:cool.

There’re those who think it’s okay to try and contact the dead for information about their future. It’s wrong. In the Old Testament, God specifically warned the children of Israel not to do it. Saul, the king of Israel, did it and got into trouble for it.

The dead don’t know the future; so, it’s even absurd to try to consult with them about the future. Only the Holy Ghost knows the future, and through the insight He grants us, we’re able to know things about the future as He reveals them to us.

Jesus said, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13). Trust the Holy Spirit: instead of hoping that, somehow, the ghost of a dead person will reveal some secrets to you or give you some esoteric information about your future.

Of course, there’re manifestations of the Holy Spirit in which He ministers to us in different ways. He can even use the face of your pastor, a brother, or sister to bring you a message or a word; He does such things. He could talk to you through the voice and the face of someone who has passed on to glory. He can do it, because He’s eternity; He’s not restricted.

However, everything you hear must be consistent with the revealed body of truth—God’s Word. No matter what you hear, and from whom you hear it, if it doesn’t square up with the Word, discard it. The consistency of the message with the Scriptures is what counts.

That an angel brought you a message doesn’t make it any more authentic. What authenticates a message and gives it power is its consistency with the revealed Word of God. It’s the same reason we’re to judge all prophecies (1 Corinthians 14:29), and test all spirits to see if they be of God (1 John 4:1).

Prayer...
Blessed Father, thank you for the sure guidance I receive from your eternal Word, and the light it unveils to my spirit. Your Word is my life, and by my faith in your Word, I rule over circumstances, and bring glory to your Majesty, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:18-19 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

1 John 4:1-3
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 3:1-21, 2 Samuel 22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 4:11-21, Proverbs 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2018
A PREMIUM ON WORDS - Monday, May 7th .

Pastor Chris

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matthew 12:37).

Words are so important in the Kingdom of God and should never be used carelessly. Your real personality is revealed in words. Even when you think you’re joking, what you say could make or mar your destiny. Never take the risk to joke against the Word.

Take Esau for example; by what some consider “mere words,” he forfeited his birthright to his brother, Jacob. Read the story: He was hungry and wanted food. Jacob, his younger brother, was making a pot of stew and he asked Jacob for some.

Read their ensuing dialogue: “Give me some of that red stew—I’m starved,” said Esau. “Make me a trade: my stew for your rights as the firstborn,” replied Jacob. “…I’m starving! What good is a birthright if I’m dead?” ...And he did it. On oath, Esau traded away his rights as the firstborn. Jacob gave him bread and the stew of lentils. He ate and drank, got up and left. That’s how Esau shrugged off his rights as the firstborn” (Genesis 25:32-34 MSG). Very pathetic indeed!

The implication was that when Isaac was to transfer the blessing to his older son, he conferred it on Jacob, instead of Esau, howbeit by “mistake.” But it had to be, because Esau, by his own words, had mortgaged the rights of the firstborn to Jacob.

Even though it was obvious he (Esau) didn’t quite “mean” what he said, it was too late. We discovered later that he sought the same blessing with tears, but couldn’t get it: “For ye know how that afterward, when he (Esau) would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears” (Hebrews 12:17).

Your words represent you; they mean everything. Don’t speak carelessly and say, “I didn’t mean it!” Speak truth. The Bible says the righteous studies to answer; he meditates to speak (Proverbs 15:28). Don’t be like Esau who had no regard for spiritual things, and disparaged his birthright with words.

Put a premium on words. Be a master of words as Jesus was a master of words, for by your words, you shall be justified, and by your words, you shall be condemned.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me supernatural insight, wisdom, and knowledge; I deal and speak wisely always. I speak truth, and your Word is truth. Your Word is in my heart and in my mouth today, producing righteousness in and through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Proverbs 15:4
A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life: but perverseness therein [is] a breach in the spirit.

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 3:22-36, 2 Samuel 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 5:1-13, Proverbs 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2018
He Took The Punishment For Our Sins - Tuesday, May 8th 2018.

Pastor Chris

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him... (Isaiah 53:5).

The Lord Jesus suffered and endured the pain and shame of the cross, not because of His sins or for Himself, but for us. He took our place and bore the punishment for sin on our behalf. While on the cross, bearing the burden of our sins, He cried out in anguish, “…Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34).

God turned His back on Jesus because our sins were laid on Him. Habakkuk 1:13 tells us that God is holy and doesn’t behold iniquity. The separation from the Father on account of our sins, was what Jesus never wanted, for which He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, “Father, if you be willing, take this cup away from me, nevertheless not my will, but your will be done.”

The Father’s will prevailed. Jesus died on the cross, and descended into hell. He was put to grief. Upon taking all the punishment that was necessary, the Bible says He became justified in the Spirit (1 Timothy 3:16), and was raised back to life for our justification: “Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification” (Romans 4:25).

To be justified means to be acquitted of guilt; to be declared righteous. He was our substitute in death, as well as our substitute in resurrection. When He died, you died with Him; when He was buried, you were buried with Him. When God raised Him from the dead, you were also raised together with Him in newness of life!

Sin and its effects and consequences have no dominion over you. You’re free to serve the Lord and live for Him, in righteousness, and true holiness. You’ve been made, not just righteous but also, the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice, knowing that the Lord Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for sin, and I now stand justified in your presence. Thank you for ushering me into this new life of righteousness, where I reign and rule with Christ forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:7-11
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:1-26, 1 Kings 1

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 6:1-11, Proverbs 4.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:59pm On May 09, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Wednesday, May 9th .
Pastor Chris

ACTING ON THE WORD .

And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net (Luke 5:5).

God’s Word has integrity. Whatever He says is truth—absolute reality—and you can bet your life on it. The Lord Jesus had just used Peter’s boat to preach, and when He was done, He instructed him to cast his net into the sea for some fish.

Peter and his crew had toiled fruitlessly all night trying to catch fish; so he said to Jesus, “Sir…we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing…” (Luke 5:5 TLB). But thank God Peter didn’t stop there; he continued, “…but if you say so, we’ll try again.” Peter acted because the Master said so, and the result was a harvest so great that he needed partners to help him with the multitude of fishes to shore (Luke 5:6-7). Yes. Acting on the Word activates the power of God!

Oftentimes, people have no doubts as to the power of God being able to put them over in life, but what they lack is how to activate that power and take advantage of it in their personal lives. Some will say, “I know what the Word of God says, BUT…!” That’s their problem; there’re no “ifs” and “buts” when it comes to the Word; just act on it! When you do, the Lord will confirm it with His power, and there’ll be divine results.

Recall when the Lord Jesus turned water into wine at the wedding ceremony in Cana of Galilee. Before the miracle, Mary had said to the servants, “Do whatsoever He tells you to do” (John 2:5). That’s the secret. The Master then instructed the servants to fill the water pots; that didn’t make sense, but they acted on the instruction nonetheless. When the guests drank of it, it was the best wine they ever tasted (John 2:1-10).

There’s always a miracle—a testimony—for the one who acts on the Word. Always speak and act in consonance with the Word, and God’s power will overwhelm you and enable you to lay hold on the results that you desire. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

The Word of God is the light of my life, and by the Word, I see and take a hold of my inheritance in Christ, walking in wisdom, and manifesting the glory of God everywhere. I walk in, and demonstrate, the supernatural today, subduing circumstances, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Matthew 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
John 4:27-54
1 Kings 2-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
Proverbs 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:19am On May 11, 2018
Access to Divine Wisdom - Friday, May 11th .

Pastor Chris .

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

In Ephesians chapter one, the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul, prayed thus for the church at Ephesus: “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him” (Ephesians 1:17).

Notice the focus of the prayer: that God would grant them “the spirit of wisdom and revelation.” Walking in divine wisdom is so important in the life of a Christian. If you have access to God’s Word, you have access to divine wisdom, for the Word of God is the wisdom of God.

It doesn’t matter what you may have experienced in life; it doesn’t matter who your advisers are; it doesn’t matter how many books you’ve read or what you’ve seen in life; if you don’t have the Word in you, you’re bereft of the wisdom of God. And for you to be a true success in life, you need wisdom. Wisdom is the principal thing (Proverbs 4:7); in other words, it’s the real deal; it’s what you need.

The wisdom of men may take you some distance; only the wisdom of God will take you all the way, and make you an all-round success. The Bible says Christ has been made unto you wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30); therefore, you don’t lack wisdom. Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, lives in you; so you have access and insight into mysteries and secrets.

You’re super-intelligent, sagacious and highly perceptive. Acknowledge this about you, and walk in this light. The Bible says, “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus” (Philemon 1:6). Christ is your wisdom. Affirm it! Declare that you don’t make bad decisions, because the Spirit of wisdom is at work in you.

As you go about your endeavours today, have the consciousness that Christ has been made unto you wisdom; therefore, your choices, actions and words are in sync with God’s plan and purpose for your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me an embodiment of wisdom, in Christ. Christ is my wisdom; therefore, I’m wise; wisdom is seen in my actions and heard in my words today. I have insight into mysteries; I dissolve doubts and unravel hard sentences. Hallelujah!

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Ephesians 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
:19 And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Ephesians 3:10
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 5:31-47 1 Kings 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 7:10-24 Proverbs 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:56am On May 13, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

HIS GLORY IN YOU

Sunday, May 13th 2018.

Pastor Chris

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one (John 17:22).

The Lord Jesus made the remarkable statement above in His prayer to the Father for us, and we know God heard Him. Thus, we have the glory of Jesus. This is so profound!

The Bible says Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father’s glory, the express image of His Person (Hebrews 1:3). That’s exactly what we are today, for the Bible says we’re created in His image and in His likeness. You were born to be the glory of God.

Colossians 1:27 says Christ in you, the hope of glory; that doesn’t mean the glory is coming because Christ is in you. Rather, it means the glory has come because Christ is in you. Blessed be God! 2 Corinthians 3:18 explains that as we look at the glory of God in a mirror, we’re metamorphosed into the same image that we see; and the image we see is the glory of God. So, not only do we have the glory in us, we’re the glory of God.

No wonder our heavenly Father is called “the Father of glory”; the Church is the glory of God. That reflection; that glory that you see when you look into the mirror—the Word—is who you really are!

The revelations communicated to us in the New Testament are the reflections of your identity and glory in Christ Jesus. So, keep looking into the mirror of God; keep studying and meditating on the Word, and as you do, you’ll be constantly transfigured from glory to glory.

Even now, rejoice and declare, “I am the glory of God. I exude and manifest righteousness, excellence, and perfection today and always; my life is one of ever-increasing glory. Hallelujah!”

CONFESSION
Christ is my life, my righteousness, and my all! He’s made me all that He is, and given me all that He has! Now, I rejoice, knowing that I’m the outshining of His glory, because I’m a sharer of His life and nature of righteousness; I’m His perfection of beauty. Blessed be God forever!

FURTHER STUDY:
|| 2 Corinthians 3:7-10 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. ||

|| Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
John 6:25-59 & 1 Kings 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Corinthians 8:1-13 & Proverbs 9.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2018
YOU’RE NOT OF THIS WORLD - Wednesday, May 16th 2018.

Pastor Chris

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels (Hebrews 12:22).

God wants you to know His Word; He wants your spirit to be trained and educated about spiritual realities so you’ll know how to walk in Christ. Being born again, you’ve been born into Christ; that’s where you live now. Christ isn’t only a person, He’s also a place, and when you’re brought into that place, you live from there; you understand from there.

In Christ, all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are unveiled to you; you have insight into mysteries and secrets. Life isn’t a mystery but a smooth sail, enjoyable and full of glory. In Christ, we walk in wisdom and righteousness; we walk in victory and dominion; we’re never defeated. What a place to be! You’re not of this world. Jesus said, “...I have chosen you out of the world...” (John 15:19). So what? Live in, and from, Christ! Christ is your city. Christ is your country; that’s the mountain we read about in our opening verse; it’s called mount Zion. We’ve been planted on that mountain, the mountain of the Lord’s house; that’s where all the beauty of God is; that’s where all the glory of God is. Now, you can understand why your life is only for beauty, and for glory. Psalm 50:2 says, “Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.”

The Bible says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). In Christ, you’re a new creation; old things—failures, sickness, weakness, frustrations, and disappointments of the past—are passed away. You’ve been ushered into a newness of life, with dominion over Satan and the powers of darkness.

Confession...
Blessed Father, your Word is my life! I have the divine life, because I’m born of your indestructible and incorruptible Word. I’m immune and impregnable to the darkness, troubles, and corrupting influences in this world. Greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I live in glory and eternal victory forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Colossians 1:12-13
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan John 7:25-8:1-11 & 1 Kings 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan 1 Corinthians 9:20-27 & Proverbs 12.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:33am On May 18, 2018
INVEST IN YOUR PERSONALITY - Friday, May 18th 2018.

Pastor Chris

"A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength" (Proverbs 24:5).

There're some people who feel they're disadvantaged, perhaps, because they don't have an academic degree; they didn't quite go to school or maybe they dropped out at some point. If this describes you or someone you know, it's not the end of the world.

Even if you lost an opportunity to go to school, you haven't lost an opportunity for education. Just begin by investing in your personality. Listen to the right things; read the right books; open your mind and thinking to the right knowledge and information. What defines your life isn't so much your academic qualification as it is the quality of your personality; the investments and deposits you've made in your mind and in your heart.

Daisy Osborne once said, "Work on being, not on having, for with what you are, you will have." How true! Put differently, that simply means, "Don't work on having anything; instead, work on being something." By investing in yourself, you won't just walk through this world unnoticed, but would have actually impacted the world with the investment of your personality. That's success.

Polish yourself. Improve your value. The world is changing fast; you must therefore inundate your mind with the right information that'll put you over and give you the advantage. When you study the Bible carefully, you'll discover that knowledge is power. Our opening verse says, "...a man of knowledge increaseth strength." The same word translated "strength" is also translated "ability" in some other places. Thus, with knowledge, you multiply your abilities; you see your endless potentials.

It doesn't matter where you've been or how you've lived before you were born again. It might have been that in your biological family, no one has ever been successful, but with you, that jinx is broken. Now that you're born again, all things are possible to you, the believing one (Mark 9:23). Blessed be God! The difference is knowledge. With the knowledge of the Word, and right investment in your personality, the Lord can do anything with your life.

Confession
I have extraordinary amplitude of comprehension, and every information for a glorious life is accessible to me, because God has given me wisdom and knowledge and joy. I'm a success, and a wonder to my world! My abilities are limitless; I'm positioned by the Spirit for success, greatness, and glory. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
|| 1 Samuel 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, [and] lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set [them] among the princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth [are] the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. ||

|| Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge. ||

|| 2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, ||

|| Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ||

Daily Scripture Reading

John 8:31-47; 1 Kings 22

1 Corinthians 10:14-21; Proverbs 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2018

SUNDAY, 20Th MAY 2018

CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God (2 Corinthians 3:5 AMPC).

The words of the Spirit in our opening verse are
so sublime; such an extraordinary present-hour
reality: our competence is of God! We’ve been called, anointed, and sent by the Spirit; therefore, He doesn’t expect us to carry out His work through the flesh, but by His divine power.

The Greek word translated, “sufficiency” in the verse above is “hikanotēs,” and it means “competence.” Just as Paul said of himself and other ministers who worked with him, you too can say that your competency is of God. You’re competent to do all things; everything that God has called you to do. Paul and Silas and Timothy have all gone to heaven; you’re the one on the scene today, spreading His righteousness, and establishing His Kingdom on earth and in the hearts of men.

Perhaps, you’ve been assigned a particular project or task, and you’re wondering, “Where do I even begin? This task is so huge and daunting.” Relax. You’re up to the task. You have what it takes to make that project an excellent success, because you’re sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency. Make that your confession.

How could you have such an assurance from the Holy Spirit, and be wondering whether or not you can achieve a target; He’s your ability. By your own human wisdom and strength you might not be up to par. But with the Holy Ghost, you can do all things; you always win; you’re fruitful and productive in all things (Colossians 1:10); you’re competent in any field. You can say with delight and assurance, “Put me anywhere, I’ll shine; I’ll always be a success, because I’m sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency.”

Zechariah 4:6 says, “…Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” By the Holy Ghost, you’re a champion for life! Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Dear Father, what a privilege to be imbued with the requisite and adequate ability to carry out to completion, and with excellence, all tasks and projects to your glory. I can do all things through your anointing that’s at work and fully operational in me. Blessed be your Name forever!

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 4:7; Philippians 4:13; Ephesians 2:10 AMPC

John 9:1-41 & 2 Kings 4-5

1 Corinthians 11:1-11 & Proverbs 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:55pm On May 23, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

Ministers of Life - Wednesday, May 23rd 2018.

Pastor Chris

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious (2 Corinthians 3:7-cool.

The Apostle Paul, in our theme scripture was comparing the awesome difference between the Old and the New Testaments. Without mincing words, he calls the ministration of the Old Testament “the ministration of death.” What does this mean?

Now, understand something about the Law: it came that condemnation might stand. When the Law was read, death was ministered; people were condemned; spiritual death became a consciousness. Recall Paul’s words in Romans 7:9, “For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.” The law was given because of sin, so that sin might be shown to be what it really is (Read Romans 7:13).

Now, the Old Testament couldn’t fulfill God’s intention which was to give life to men. Rather, it brought death, because of the imperfections of the flesh. No one could fulfill the Law; none could totally rise to the level that the law prescribed. But thanks be unto God! Christ Jesus is the fulfilment of the Law. The Bible says through Him, all are justified from all things from which they couldn’t be justified by the Law of Moses (Acts 13:39).

The Bible says He’s brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel (2 Timothy 1:10). So, today, when we preach the true New Testament, we’re ministering the Spirit; the Spirit of life. 2 Corinthians 3:6 says we’re able ministers of the New Testament: “...not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

This should be your dream and desire: you want your ministration to be a ministration of life; a ministration of the Spirit. Someone who doesn’t yet know Jesus should hear you, and be transformed, because of the release of the spirit of life in your ministration that leaves salvation, healing, deliverance, and other blessings in its wake!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege given to me to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ, and minister life to those in my world, through the Gospel. Thank you for the power of the Spirit and the life in your Word released as many hear the Gospel today, bringing about a complete transformation in their lives, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Numbers 6:23-26
Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them, 24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Ecclesiastes 8:4
Where the word of a king [is, there is] power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan John 11:1-16 & 2 Kings 10-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan 1 Corinthians 11:30-34 & Proverbs 19.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Prumartmedical: 9:58pm On May 24, 2018
Do you want to know God more and do you want to learn more about Kingdom Principles. Please click on the link below to get added to our Whatsapp group: Whatsapp for Christ.
You can contact/whatsapp me on +27630083342 to manually add you.
God bless you.

https:///4L9DyVtzUGQE7zQOhhDMN8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:54pm On May 25, 2018
Live the True Christian Life - Friday, May 25th .

Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

Christianity is the outworking of divinity in humanity; the revelation of Christ in you. A Christian is one in whom Christ literally dwells, and who is Christ? As a person, Christ is the embodiment of deity; the fullness of the Godhead, represented in Jesus. And the Bible says He’s above all things; He’s the head of all principality and power, and He lives in you.

Now if this is true, and thank God it is, why should any Christian be afraid or intimidated by demons? Some are even traversing from church to church seeking to be delivered from demons and demonic oppressions. How sad! The Lord said in Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge….” No Christian needs deliverance from Satan. A Christian who believes he or she requires deliverance from the devil isn’t living the true Christian life.

The Christian is superior to Satan, and shouldn’t have trouble with demons. As a Christian, once you find out that the devil is responsible for a problem or situation, it makes it easy to solve: just cast him out. Jesus said in Mark 16:17, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…”; it’s the first thing He said we could do in His Name.

Moreover, the Bible says, “Giving thanks unto the Father…Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son” (Colossians 1:12-13). Before you were born again, you were already delivered from the power of darkness, and transferred into the Kingdom of God’s love-Son; it happened legally, for Jesus did this for the whole world. Now that you’re born again, it has become a vital reality. Satan, or darkness, has no control over you; you’re not under their influence or jurisdiction.

Howbeit, if you’re not living for the Master, and you choose to live under Satan’s influence, then you’re going to have trouble. “What if you strayed into Satan’s jurisdiction, and now you’re having trouble with demonic oppression?” someone wonders. That’s not a problem. Just say, “Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life, and I’m done with the devil.” That’s all! Glory to God!

Prayer....
Dear Father, I thank you for translating me from the kingdom of darkness, to the kingdom of your loveSon, Jesus. I’m in the Kingdom now, and no devil can have its way in my life, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I exercise control, and authority over anything that’s inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Luke 10:17-19
And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan John 12:1-19 & 2 Kings 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan 1 Corinthians 12:12-21 & Proverbs 21.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2018
Dominion Over Devils - .Saturday, May 26th .

Pastor Chris

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils… (Mark 16:17).

There’re no Christians specially anointed or gifted to cast out demons. Jesus said, “…these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…” (Mark 16:17). The only qualification needed for you to be able to cast out devils is to be a believing one; it’s to be in Christ. Every Christian has authority to cast out devils, including the one that just got born again minutes ago.

Someone might say, “How can that be? Don’t we need to prepare ourselves and pray ‘powerful prayers’ before we can cast out devils?” No! Jesus didn’t even ask us to pray about the devil. He said, “Cast him out!” You never need to tell God to do anything about the devil, because He already did everything He needed to do about the devil, and demons of darkness, and gave you authority over them.

In Mark 6:7, the Bible says, “And he (Jesus) called unto him the twelve, and…gave them power over unclean spirits.” The Greek word for “power” is “exousia,” and it means “authority.” Jesus gave us authority over unclean spirits. Read what He did to them in hell: “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it” (Colossians 2:15 NKJV). Jesus rendered Satan and his cohorts incapacitated; powerless and useless. But guess what? When He did it, you were in Him.

In Luke 10:19, He said, “Behold, I give unto you power (authority), to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power (ability) of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” You have the authority to control and tame Satan and his cohorts; to put them in check; and that authority is perfect and absolute. No demon can resist it.

Remember what we read in our opening verse, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…”; it’s a law in the realm of the spirit. When you ask a demon to come out in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were speaking. Live in the authority of His Name. Refuse to allow the devil run rampage in your environment.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the victory of Jesus over the devil and the entire host of darkness, which He wrought on my behalf. Now, I live in the victory and authority of Jesus Christ; Satan and his cohorts are no factors for my success. I live triumphantly in Christ, every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Matthew 10:7
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luke 10:17
And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:20-50 2 Kings 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 12:22-31 Proverbs 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:05am On May 27, 2018

FOLLOW HIS WILL, PURPOSE AND PLAN -Sunday, May 27th .

Pastor Chris

And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also. And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them (Numbers 20:11-12).

As Christians, we all want to please God; we want to do His will and succeed for Him. We want to know and fulfill His calling for our lives; we want to bring Him honour.

However, for all that to happen, we must follow, and accept His Word as absolute truth, for His Word is His will expressed. Through the Word, we know God’s plan, purpose, and the pattern He has set and we’re able to follow, and serve Him rightly.

In Christianity, it’s not just about doing what’s good, but doing it God’s way, for God’s purpose. Consider what we read in our opening text: Moses, instead of talking to the rock, struck the rock. Water came out, and the people drank to their fill, but God wasn’t pleased. He was angry with Moses.

Again, in the Book of Genesis, the Bible tells us how two brothers, Cain and Abel, brought their offerings to the Lord. Cain brought an offering of his choice, while Abel brought an offering of God’s choice: what God asked to be offered.

Cain’s sacrifice was rejected, because he didn’t follow the due order; he didn’t do what God wanted. Seeing that he was angry because his offering was rejected, God said to him, “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?” (Genesis 4:7).

Thus, from the very beginning, God showed us that we’re supposed to serve Him according to His plan, not ours. It doesn’t matter how nice your plan may be; the question is, is it what God wants? Moses got the rock to produce water for the people to drink, but failed to glorify God.

You glorify God by doing His Word. Jesus said, “I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do” (John 17:4). That’s the way Jesus glorified the Father. He served the Father according to the Father’s will, purpose, and plan; you can’t do it any other way!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your Word to live by, and manifest your glory. I’m a doer of the Word; I live in, and by, your Word, serving you in wisdom, walking in, and fulfilling your divine plan and purpose for me, to the praise and glory of your Name. Hallelujah!

Further Study:

1 Samuel 15:22
And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hebrews 8:5
Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:1-30, 2 Kings 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Proverbs 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2018
GLORIFY HIM BY DOING HIS WORD - Monday, May 28th 2018

Pastor Chris

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do (John 17:4).

The Lord Jesus, in the verse above, shows us how to glorify the Father. He glorified the Father by doing what He wanted Him to do. He thus gave us an example on how to give glory to God. It’s not just by saying, “Father, I give you glory,” no! You glorify Him by doing His Word; by producing Word-based results.

It doesn’t matter that someone is singing, “I give you glory, Lord”; if he isn’t a doer of the Word, the Lord isn’t glorified. You can stand in front of someone and say, “I give you food,” it doesn’t mean the person got the food from you. It’s like giving a testimony: you can say, “I just want to testify that Pastor Chris has really blessed me; praise God!” That doesn’t mean someone who’s listening understands what you’re saying. But if you begin to say what I did for you that blessed you, then those listening can understand you.

Now, it doesn’t quite mean that when you say, “Lord, I give you glory,” something is wrong with that; no! The point we’re simply making is that doing God’s Word is actually the best way to glorify Him. Then when you say, “I glorify God” or “I give God glory,” it makes spiritual sense because you’ve done that which actually provides that glory. You don’t want to give glory to God only to discover that He never received or accepted it.

Jesus said, “I have done what you asked me to do and you’re glorified.” That’s the way Jesus glorified the Father. It’s the reason you should study the scriptures to know what He wants, and do them. What the Lord is going to applaud and reward you for on the day of Judgment is His Word that you lived out.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you because your Word is alive and actively working in me, filling me with joy unspeakable and full of glory. I’m fully resolved to live to your honour and glory, by doing the Word and producing Word-based results, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

John 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:31-14:1-14 & 2 Kings 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 14:1-9 & Proverbs 24.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:53pm On May 30, 2018

Wednesday, May 30th .
Pastor Chris

WE HAVE HIS FULLNESS .

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him (John 3:34).

Some Christians have said only Jesus had the fullness of God’s Spirit, and that the rest of us only have a measure of the Spirit. But in the light of God’s Word, that’s not true.

First, the Bible says of His fullness, referring to Jesus, have we all received, grace heaped upon grace (John 1:16). Moreover, the Holy Spirit, as a person and in His fullness, lives in you, if you’re born again.

Now, the confusion of those who propagate the notion that only Jesus had the Spirit without measure stem from the King James rendering of John 3:34. It says, “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure UNTO HIM.” The underlined words, “unto him,” are actually in parenthesis, meaning that they don’t exist in the original Greek text; they were introduced by the translators, and it’s misleading, because it makes you think that verse is talking about Jesus, whereas it’s not.

The correct rendering is, “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure.” You were sent, just as Jesus was sent of the Father: “Then said Jesus…as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost” (John 20:21-22). You have the “whole” Holy Ghost in you, in His fullness.

Ephesians 3:17-19 talks about you being filled with all the fullness of God. The same is said of Jesus in Colossians 1:19: “For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.” If you thought that was something to shout about, read Colossians 2:10; it says, “And ye are complete in him….” In whom are you complete? The preceding verse 9 tells us who: “For in him (Christ Jesus) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” Blessed be God!

You’re complete in the One in whom all fullness— the fullness of the Deity, the Godhead—dwells; you’re perfected in Him. Meaning that you’re replete with God. You’re the walking, living, tabernacle of God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Blessed and gracious Father, how great thou art! Thank you for the Holy Spirit who lives in me in His fullness, and the eternal glory He’s brought into my life. I live to love you, to honour you, and to do your will, every day of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

John 1:16 (AMPC)
For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift.

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Ephesians 1:22
And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church,
:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
John 15:1-17
1 Chronicles 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Corinthians 14:20-30
Proverbs 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2018
SPEAK “SPIRIT WORDS” - Thursday, May 31st 2018.

Pastor Chris

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63).

Not many people realize that life is indeed, spiritual. The physical world in which we live isn’t all there is; it’s in fact controlled from the spirit world.

All around us in this physical world are angels, but you can’t see them with your physical eyes; you have to pass over into the realm of the spirit to see them. Now, the point of all that is this: everything God says to us is real in the realm of the spirit, but to make them real in your life, you have to speak them forth. The Word of God is activated by your words.

Your words are “spirit words”; when you speak, you connect to the spirit realm. Your words are the connection between the earth realm and the spirit realm. Every time you speak, whatever you say is real in the realm of the spirit. If they’re positive, faith-filled words, they’ll produce faith-results. If they’re words of fear, discouragement, and defeat, they’ll produce such negative results as well.

Your words are either working for you or against you; the reason you must watch what you say. It brings to mind the words of Jesus in Matthew 12:37: “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Recall what He said in our opening verse.

We’re made, not just to look like Him, but also to function like Him. We release spirit and life through our words. The energy released by your words will either give life or produce death. It’s for the same reason the Bible says in Proverbs 18:21, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue….”

Release positive energy through your words. Speak life to your world, to your family, your job, your ministry, your finances, etc. Speak life to everything that concerns you. Affirm God’s Word in every situation. What you say is what you get (Mark 11:23); never forget it. Therefore, speak life only, and always; speak “spirit words”; faith-filled words.

Prayer...
I declare peace with prosperity for the nations of the world, and affirm that the Gospel of Christ has free course and is glorified; the righteousness of God is exalted in the nations, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 10:6-8
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down [from above]smiley 7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

1 Corinthians 2:12-13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:18-16:1-16 & 1 Chronicles 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 14:31-40 & Proverbs 27.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2018

TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE - Friday, June 1st .
Pastor Chris

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof (Proverbs 18:21).

Did you know that as a child of God what becomes of your life is entirely up to you? If you’re waiting on God to do anything about your life, your wait will be in vain, because He already did all that’s required for you to have an excellent, glorious, and triumphant life. The works were finished from the foundation of the world (Hebrews 4:3 NKJV). All you have to do now is enjoy your life: enjoy everything that the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ provided for you.

2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness….” Notice the tenses; this isn’t a promise but a forgone conclusion; it’s happened already: you’ve been given everything you require for the transcendent life. Knowing how to make all that already belongs to you in Christ—all He’s made you and has done for you a vital reality in your life—has been the missing link.

You may not know it, but every time you speak, you shape your life and future to either synchronize with God’s divine provisions and destiny for you, or to be at variance with it. You are today, what you said years ago. That means you’re fully responsible for your life and future; they’re in your hands. What becomes of you in life is the result of your tongue-work.

Stop talking about your problems; rather, declare your glorious life in Christ. Declare how you want things to be, in line with the Word. Don’t wait for anyone to do it for you; by your own words, chart your course. Take charge of your life. Acts 2:17 says, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy….”

Prophesy about your life, and about your future. Prophesy to your bone, to your body, to your skin, to your blood, to your finances, job, business, academics, etc. Don’t wait for the world or circumstances to decide and dictate what happens to you; use your mouth: speak words of power.

Prayer...
Father I thank you for your glory in my life! The light of your Word is shining ever so brightly in, and through me; and all things are working together for my good. I live in health, success, and prosperity, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Further Study :

Job 22:28
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 16:17-33 1 Chronicles 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:1-10, Proverbs 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

THE WORD OF GOD IS GOD

Wednesday, June 6th 2018

Pastor Chris

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (John 1:1).

One of the extraordinary ways the Lord manifests Himself is in and through the Word. The Word of God created the universe. The Word of God is life. The Word of God is power. The Word of God is light. The Word of God is truth. The Word of God is God. Where the Word of God is, God is!

The Word of God isn’t like the word of a man. Centering your mind on the Word is centering your mind on God. The Bible says He keeps in perfect peace—peace of prosperity—the one whose mind is stayed on Him (Isaiah 26:3). The way to stay your mind on Him is meditating on the Word.

The Holy Spirit never does anything without the Word. For example, in Genesis chapter one, we read that in the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. But the earth was without form and was empty and covered with darkness. Then the Spirit of God moved over the face of the waters, but nothing changed. The earth was still a chaotic mass until God said, “Let there be light” and light became. The Spirit of God caused the light to manifest. He acted on the Word. Until the Word is given, the Spirit does nothing.

Don’t ignore the Word; some Christians ignore the Word, and that’s so unwise. What you need for your next level or that miracle and promotion you so desire; what you need to prevail in any crisis and live victoriously every day, is the Word.

When you face challenges, when things get tough and rough, keep your confidence in the Word. Refuse to compromise. Get radical with your faith-affirmation and confession of the Word. As you speak, the Spirit will cause things to happen in accordance with your words, because the Word of God in your mouth is God talking! It’ll always prevail. Glory to God!

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the power of your Word in my life. Your Word produces life, light, health, wealth, prosperity, progress, advancement, and all the good things of life in me. My confidence is in your eternal Word, by which I live triumphantly every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Isaiah 55:11; So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 1:14; And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

ohn 20:1-18 & 1 Chronicles 20-22

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 & Ecclesiastes 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Sheridale(f): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 7 Monograph 6
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

These privileges bring the world to us, making us global watchdogs as access to information in the cosmic is guaranteed. This is a complete contrast to the hypocritical comments made by Pierre S. Freeman; that psychic projection instead of giving the chance of learning, given practitioners some sort of false idea of power.

In lieu of the theme of the monograph currently under review, which is psychic projection; monograph number 6 caps up the Section Initiate Degree 7 showing ways through which mastery of this noble mystical Rosicrucian art can be achieved by all kinds of Sorors and Fratres. The monograph advises that in order to achieve said mastery on the art of psychic projection, one must use visualisation as the main tool. This deep visualisation helps the practitioner achieve successful projection to the psychical realm and ensuring travel to a desired location on other planes. The monograph explains how a concentrated focus on the precise mental image of the exact location helps achieve psychic projection on the planes of the desired location. Additionally, visualization is not just helpful in extracting the exact destination of psychic travel; it can also be used to connect with people and transfer messages without being physically present with them. Even though the uses of visualization are more than one, the lesson in the monograph, was restricted to explaining its use to achieve a precise location in the road mastery of the art of psychical projection.

The lesson in the monograph then moves on to teach an experiment that will help other practitioners achieve psychic projection. The experiment in question is Experiment 45 that is tagged as Projection to a Location, and leans from the previous Experiment 44 (please refer to the monograph for the experiments). The experiments begins by advising the practitioner to wash their hands to show humility to the cosmos, then drink a glass of water and assume the sitting position as described in Experiment 44. To begin the process, the projector must recite the meditative invocations required, that are: "May the Divine Essence of the Cosmic infuse my being and cleanse me of all impurities of mind and body, that I may enter the Celestial Sanctum and attune in pureness and worthiness. Mote It Be!"
The class master advises practicing visualization of thoughts on the location of interest while reciting the invocation. Upon successful visualization, the barriers of the physical body on the psychic body will break down and the psychic body will escape to the desired locus. The psychic body will be projected to the plane as directed by the astral fluid concentration, while still having connection with the physical body with the virtue of the silver chord.

According to the class master, the feeling you experience when your physic body is on the outside of the physical realm, is that of pure pleasure. It should be noted that at this phase of intense pleasure at the thymus felt when one focuses thoughts powerfully on the desired location, the chances of being projected to that exact location are high. This is especially even more powerful when such visualization produces a very vivid mental representation of the desired location.
The Section Initiate Degree 7, Monograph 6 teaches us that although visualization aids projection of our psychic body, it cannot achieve complete success alone. There are plenty of other techniques that can go together with the visualizing process to optimize results. For example, techniques like repeating vowel sounds and deep breathing can help reinforce projection and reduce chances of failure of projection. (The full experiment is available in the Section Initiate Degree 7 Monograph 6 article for follow-up to the experiment.)

In closing, it was learnt that long distance projections come with privileges. These privileges bring the world to us, making us global watchdogs as access to information in the cosmic is guaranteed. This is a complete contrast to the hypocritical comments made by Pierre S. Freeman; that psychic projection instead of giving the chance of learning, given practitioners some sort of false idea of power.

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:24am On Jun 07, 2018
THE WISDOM OF THE JUST - Thursday, June 7th 2018

Pastor Chris

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord (Luke 1:17).

“The disobedient” in our opening text, following the original Greek rendering, means one who can’t be persuaded; one who’s headstrong and doesn’t want to go in the right direction. He or she deliberately chooses to do wrong. There’re such people today; They’re unyielding; even when they know the truth, they choose to do otherwise. They’re unwilling to submit to the Word of God, which is the wisdom of God.

Part of the responsibility of those whom the Lord has sent with His message of truth is to turn the hearts of these disobedient folks to the wisdom of the just. The wisdom of the just refers to the mindset of the righteous. It’s a mind that’s yielded and given to the Word—easily persuaded by the Word to act in conformity to the Word.

Such a person is willing to accept the Word, and to make adjustments on the basis of the Word. That’s functioning in the wisdom of the just. True wisdom is living in, and by God’s Word; being influenced and propelled by the Word to the right thoughts and actions.

1 Peter 4:17 says, “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?” The underlined portion of the preceding verse is the verb of the noun we read in Luke 1:17: “that obey not.” The Greek word is “Apeitheo,” meaning the disobedient; one who’s willfully disobedient and unbelieving; the foolish. The Bible says, “The fool says in his heart, “There is no God...” (Psalm 14:1 NIV).

Being born again, you have a different mindset: the mindset of the just. Therefore, be swayed and easily moved by the Word of God; take your actions on the basis of the Word. It doesn’t matter how something appears, or that you find it appealing to the senses or your emotions, if the Word of God says otherwise, conform to the Word. Discipline yourself to accept and live by the Word of God only.

PRAYER
Blessed Lord, I’m totally yielded and committed to you. I appreciate the power of your Word in my life. I’ll always be a success, because my decisions and actions are based on your Word. Your wisdom is at work in me, propelling me in the path of greatness, victories, joy and peace, today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Colossians 3:16; Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

2 Timothy 3:16-17; All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (17) That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

John 20:19-31 & 1 Chronicles 23-25

1 Corinthians 16:1-12 & Ecclesiastes 5-6

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 289
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.