Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,312 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:30 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258416 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:09am On Sep 04, 2018
Tuesday, September 4th .
Pastor Chris

GIVING AND RECEIVING .

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning GIVING AND RECEIVING, but ye only (Philippians 4:15).

Sometimes, there’re those who get very excited when we say, “In giving to the Lord, it doesn’t really matter the ‘size’ of the seed.” But the Bible says, “…this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully” (2 Corinthians 9:6).

In other words, if you’re miserly in your giving, you’ll reap a paltry or meagre harvest, but if you give generously, you’ll also reap generously. That’s the Word; it’s a spiritual law. It’s simply about sowing and reaping, or as Paul puts it in our opening verse, “giving and receiving.” You don’t need to “pray” to God to make a law work which He already instituted. Laws, any kind of law, when applied rightly, would produce the requisite results. Likewise, if you misapply them, they’ll work against you.

There’re things you don’t need to petition God to make happen, once you’ve acted on the Word or on a spiritual principle. This is clear in some of the parables of Jesus on how the Kingdom of God functions. For example, when you read Mark 4:26-28, He didn’t say after sowing into the ground, the man fasted and prayed for the seeds to grow; no! Rather, he went to sleep; and of their own accord, the seeds grew and produced fruits.

When you apply the law of sowing, it works. The Bible says, “While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease” (Genesis 8:22). As long as there’s seed time, it means harvest is assured and it can be anytime; the harvest happens automatically.

God isn’t necessarily the one to make the harvest happen. All He does is to channel His grace and favour towards you for superabundance. 2 Corinthians 9:8 (AMPC) says, “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].” Always give bountifully, for the promise is to the giver, not the receiver (Luke 6:38).

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege of giving into the Gospel. I’m blessed in all I do, and prosper in all things, because I’m a giver. I’ll always give bountifully for the propagation of the Gospel of Christ in all the earth; likewise, my harvest is sure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Ecclesiastes 11:6
In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both [shall be] alike good.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
2 Corinthians 2:5-3:1-6
Proverbs 14-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Thessalonians 4:9-18
Jeremiah 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:14am On Sep 05, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Wednesday, September 5th .
Pastor Chris

HIS SACRIFICE WAS ENOUGH.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently…what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow (1 Peter 1:10-11).

After the sufferings of Christ, a life of glory ensued. You don’t need to “pay” any additional price, aside what Christ already did for you to have a beautiful life, and be all that God wants you to be. His sacrifice was enough. Due to that sacrifice, you’ve become one with God; you’re now a partaker of His life and of His righteousness. What He expects of you now is that you enjoy your life and live your best to His glory.

On the Cross, before His death, Jesus said, “...It is finished...” (John 19:30). He announced the end to suffering for all humanity. Anyone who believes in Him and accepts His vicarious sacrifice is automatically ushered into the transcendent life of glory. Yes, Christ suffered for us, but that suffering brought us life eternal, and righteousness.

Moreover, the story didn’t end with His death; the Bible says, “…Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day…” (Luke 24:46-47). Therefore, rather than lament, we celebrate His death for us; much more, we celebrate His resurrection that gave us a new life and made us associates of the God-kind.

God wants you to live every day in the victory of the death, burial and glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ. This means if you were lying on a sickbed, it’s time to get up, because His suffering brought an end to sickness, disease and infirmities. Just as death and the grave couldn’t hold Him down, nothing of darkness should be able to exert influence or control over you; refuse to allow anything keep you in bondage.

Refuse to allow poverty take a hold of you, for Jesus took your place of poverty on the Cross and gave you prosperity (2 Corinthians 8:9). If you’ve desired to have children but couldn’t, because there’s something wrong with your womb, change has come! Now you can, because of the victory of Christ’s sacrifice. Glory to His Name forever! All things are possible in His mighty Name. Amen.

PRAYER

Blessed Father, I’m grateful for your life in me, which was made possible by the resurrection of Christ from the dead. I thank you that I’m the object of your love, and my prosperity and wellbeing are your delight. I live in the victory of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Titus 3:5 CEV
He saved us because of his mercy, and not because of any good things that we have done. God washed us by the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave us new birth and a fresh beginning.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18
Proverbs 16-17

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
Jeremiah 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

REAL WORSHIP

Thursday, September 6th 2018

Pastor Chris

But the hour cometh, and now is, when
the true worshippers shall worship the
Father in spirit and in truth: for the
Father seeketh such to worship him
(John 4:23).

When you were born again, not only was
your spirit recreated, you were also
immersed into Christ; you’re literally
joined together with Him in an inseparable union. It’s
the reason we can worship Him. Real worship is a
mingling of spirits; a moment of divine ecstasy, where
you’re enraptured in the bliss and glory of His presence.

Nothing beats that divine connection that takes
place in real worship, where you’re lost in Him,
completely oblivious of the world and everything else
around you. Real worship is a communion with the
Father. It’s beyond the singing or the words offered in
prayer; it’s about the fellowship that takes place in the
realm of the spirit as your spirit communes with Him.

Recall the words of Jesus in our opening verse:
God is a Spirit, and those who worship Him must
worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Worshipping God
in Spirit means it’s got to come from your spirit. We serve God from our spirits. We understand the things of
God from our spirits. It’s one of the reasons we need
to be constantly filled with the Spirit, because only the
Spirit can help us guide and sanctify our minds to think
towards God, and express our love for Him from the
deep recesses of our inner being as we should.

In real worship, you experience glorious transportations of the Spirit. Sometimes, as you
worship, you feel enraptured; taken away from the
earth realm into the amazing wonders of God’s Spirit.
This blessing is for everyone who’s born again. We’re the only ones who can worship the Father and experience such a glorious fellowship in His presence,
as our spirits are mingled with His.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I take advantage of your presence in my
life, and the inextricable oneness with your Spirit; and
as such, I enjoy and experience a glorious fellowship
and transformation from glory to glory. I’m full of strength, courage, and divine vitality, in Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 6:17; But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Philippians 3:3; For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Corinthians 5:1-6:1-2 & Proverbs 18-19

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Thessalonians 5:12-28 & Jeremiah 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

MINISTERING THE SPIRIT

Friday, September 7th 2018

Pastor Chris

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

When we minister the Gospel, we’re to minister the Spirit; otherwise, our preaching and teaching will be mere words, and empty. Preaching the Gospel isn’t about how many scriptures you can quote; it’s about communicating those scriptures with, and by the Holy Ghost. This is what we’re called to do as God’s children and ministers of the Gospel. Anybody can sermonise or give great lectures and speeches, but without the Spirit, they’ll have no lasting impact.

In 1 Corinthians 2:4, Paul said, “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.” 2 Corinthians 3:5-6 says, “…our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” We’ve been sent by the Spirit, and anointed of God; therefore, we can only carry out His work by the power of the Spirit.

This is one of the reasons we’re required to spend quality time fellowshipping the Spirit; praying in the Spirit, to be filled with the Spirit. That way, your message and your preaching wouldn’t be persuasive words of man’s wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power. Read again who we are: “…able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life” (2 Corinthians 3:6). We minister the Spirit; we minister Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:5 says, “For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord….”

No matter what you preach or teach, it must be Christ Jesus, and you can’t preach or minister Christ without the power of the Spirit. Therefore, get yourself immersed in Him; soak your spirit more in the Holy Spirit through fellowship. Pray and fast often. Study and meditate on the Word, so you can walk and talk in sync with Him, and His glory and power will always be revealed in, and through you.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Spirit at work in my life. I’m ministering life and divine blessings by the power of the Holy Ghost who’s at work in me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| 1 Corinthians 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. ||

|| John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

2 Corinthians 6:3-7:1 & Proverbs 20-21

2 Thessalonians 1:1-12 & Jeremiah 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

DON’T TAKE SIDES AGAINST GOD

Tuesday, September 11th 2018

Pastor Chris

Your words have been strong and hard against Me, says the Lord. Yet you say, What have we spoken against You? (Malachi 3:13 AMPC).

One of the things you must make up your mind to do in your walk with God is to take the Word of God as the only truth to live by. Never question the integrity of the Word. Believe, accept, and affirm that you’re who God says you are, you have what He says you have, and can do what He says you can do, as stated in His Word.

For example, 1 Corinthians 3:21 says, “…all things are yours.” Now, that’s a sovereign declaration of Deity; don’t try to rationalize it! Affirm in agreement, “All things are mine! I’ll never be broke in this world!” Let that word from God give you a new mentality of superabundance, and unending prosperity. There’re Christians who appraise their lives on the basis of their personal experiences and speak against the Word. That you probably don’t have cash in your bank account doesn’t mean you’re broke. The source of your wealth is Christ Jesus; you’re plugged into a never-ending supply. Have this consciousness.

Make the power of the Gospel effective in your life by speaking God’s language: His Word. Some Christians have spoken “hard words” against God; they take sides against God by saying the wrong things. That’s what we read in our opening verse. Don’t say you’re sick just because you felt some symptoms in your body. The Word says concerning those who’re born again, “They shall not say, ‘I’m sick’”; that’s because healing is their birthright. Better than that, divine health is their nature; so they don’t even get sick. Hallelujah!

Affirm God’s Word. If God says you have something, don’t say you don’t have it. Someone says, “I received my healing, but the pain is still there”; to talk that way is to repudiate your healing. Accept what the Word says you have, and declare accordingly; keep it in your mouth, for that’s God’s recipe for success, consistent progress, and prosperity.

CONFESSION
Blessed Father, your Word is for me a great joy, and the delight of my heart; and I’m grateful to have obtained an incorruptible inheritance, and an everlasting heritage of success, prosperity and greatness. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
|| 1 Thessalonians 2:13 CEV We always thank God that you believed the message we preached. It came from him, and it isn't something made up by humans. You accepted it as God's message, and now he is working in you. ||

|| Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: ||

|| Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

2 Corinthians 11:1-15 & Proverbs 29-31

2 Thessalonians 3:11-18 & Jeremiah 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2018

Thursday, September 13th .
Pastor Chris

SEE YOURSELF IN THE WORD AND AFFIRM ACCORDINGLY .

Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89).

Just as natural or earthly mirrors reflect the image of the object that’s before them, when you look into the mirror of God—His Word—you see yourself. Whilst natural mirrors could reflect a distorted image of an object, God’s mirror shows your perfect and exact image—precise—exactly the way God sees you. God’s Word reveals your perfection, beauty, excellence, and ability in Christ.

Therefore, your response to God’s perception, and the image the Word (His mirror) projects of you should be, “Yes, and amen!” For example, the Word says, “All things are possible to a believing one”; respond by saying, “Yes, Lord, because of your ability that’s at work in me, there’s nothing I can’t do! My potentials are limitless, with an ever-increasing capacity to do more.”

The Word of God will work for you only when you give it the right response. Once you discover in the Word what you have, what you can do, and who you are in Christ, affirm it; your affirmation seals it. Read our opening verse again; the Word of God is settled in heaven, but you have to settle it in your life by speaking the same thing in consent.

Hebrews 13:5-6 says, “...he hath said…that we may boldly say….” The Word says Christ is your wisdom; affirm the same thing; declare that you’re sound and could never talk or walk foolishly; the wisdom of God is seen in your actions and heard in your words. The Word says Christ is your strength; affirm it. The more you say it, the more you programme yourself to function with the divine abilities He’s already deposited in your spirit.

Refuse to acknowledge or affirm that there’s something you can’t do. You’re up to any task, because the Word says so. The Bible says you’re sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency (2 Corinthians 3:5); that means you can excel in any task. There’re people who say, “I can’t do this thing. I know myself”; their words are full of “I can’t.” Never talk like that! You’re different. You can do what the Word says you can do: all things, through Christ who strengthens you. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

Christ is my ability and competence. Through Him, all things are possible to me. I can do all things, because greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. I know who I am, what I have, and all that I can do in Christ. My potentials are limitless; I’m innovative, excellent and sound! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 3:5 AMPC
Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.  

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

2 Corinthians 12:1-21
Ecclesiastes 3-5

1 Timothy 1:8-14
Jeremiah 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by chetachi392: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2018

14 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:11am On Sep 14, 2018
BE STRONG AND VERY COURAGEOUS .

Friday, September 14th .
Pastor Chris

Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law… (Joshua 1:7).

Sometimes, in your journey of faith, things could get so hard and tough, and during those tough times, it could seem like God is far away. But the Lord is saying to you even now, “Know that at such times, I’m right there with you, because I’m in you! Therefore, be strong, and very courageous.” That means, don’t stagger.

Be like Abraham; the Bible says he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God (Romans 4:20). Don’t say, “I don’t know the way things are now; I’m tired of all these troubles”; no! Troubles arise, and gravitate towards their solution. The challenges you’re facing today are tailor-made for you; they’re bread for you; chew them up. Refuse to faint in the day of adversity.

1 John 4:4 says you’re of God; that means you hail from God; therefore, you’ve already overcome your troubles, challenges, pressures, adversaries, and adversities, because Christ, the greater One, lives in you. Hold on to the Word.

The doctors may have said your fallopian tube is damaged, or that your lungs have become dysfunctional, or that you’ve got just few days to live; refuse to give up! Stand your ground in faith. Against hope, believe in hope, the hope provided in the Word, and it’ll prevail in your situation!

Maybe it’s a problem in your family, or with your children; maybe you’re feeling sick in your body, or it’s your loved one that’s suffering so badly. I have good news for you: everything will turn into a testimony for you. 2 Corinthians 4:17 says, “…our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”

There’s glory for you at the end; it’s for sure! Just remain confident in the power of God’s Word to put you over, irrespective of the circumstances.

CONFESSION

The Lord is my light and my salvation; He’s the strength, and the stronghold of my life! I stand firm in faith, courageous and strong in the power of His might. I’m confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. The Word of God is my anchor in the storm. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 [We are] troubled on every side, yet not distressed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; ||

|| Psalm 34:19-20 Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. 20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. || 

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 13:1-14 & Ecclesiastes 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Timothy 1:15-20 & Jeremiah 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2018

SATURDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER 2018

A HIGHER LEVEL

Therefore I say unto you, What things
soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe
that ye receive them, and ye shall have
them (Mark 11:24).

When you study the context of Jesus’ statement above, you’d notice He was
teaching about faith, not prayer. The
word translated “pray” in the verse is the general word
used for communication with God, whether you’re making requests, entreaties, or supplications. He didn’t
mean that you should ask while you pray. He’s dealing
with your mouth and your heart. The King James
Version puts it most correctly. It says, “...What things
soever ye desire…” ; not “What things soever ye ask.”

You can have a desire in your heart without asking for it; you haven’t made a request or said
anything about it to the Lord, yet it materialises. Jesus
is showing us a higher level of walking with God. He
said, ...What things soever ye desire, when ye pray...and this includes all kinds of prayer: prayer of worship, prayer of praise, etc. Its stretched form is “to make
prayers”; ”what things soever ye desire when ye ‘make
prayers.’”

For example, imagine that you had a desire in your heart, but you’re not praying about it, but as you’re
making prayers,” in your worship and praise to God,
you remember that thing you desire; what the opening
scripture means is, “Believe you’ve got it.” This is a
higher form of walking with God.

When you understand this, you’ll realize that there’s no need to struggle with your faith about the
things you desire. As you worship the Lord in your
prayers, if that desire comes to your mind, believe
you’ve received it, and continue your worship or praise
of Him; that thing, whatever it is, will materialise,
without you having to ask. Glory to God!

PRAYER

Lord, your work is perfect; all your ways are just; your steadfast love never ceases; your faithfulness
endures to all generations. You’re gracious and kind,
and you satisfy my soul with good things, and grant
the desires of my heart always. Hallelujah!

Hello Saints. Kindly Get your Free PDF copy of Rhapsody Or Realities Daily Devotional, Teevo, Early Readers, and Kids Rhapsody, SEPTEMBER 2018 edition for free in f language of your choice and share the link with friends to bless someone. Just click this link http:///descargarapsodiaderealidades
You Are God Best.

FURTHER STUDY:

Isaiah 65:24
“It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Philippians 4:6‭-‬7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Galatians 1:1-24 & Ecclesiastes 9-12

1 Timothy 2:1-15 & Jeremiah 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Sep 19, 2018

Wednesday, September 19th .
Pastor Chris

NOTHING CAN PUT YOU DOWN .

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4).

There’s a higher life in Christ—a spiritual life, which we’ve received as Christians. We’re not ordinary. We‘re not in this world as victims; we were born victors. 2 Corinthians 2:14 says, “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.” This is your life; you’re victorious every day, everywhere, and in all things.

Of course, there’re those who believe life isn’t a “bed of roses”; it’s full of “ups and downs,” but the reason they think this way is their ignorance. You’re supposed to live in victory over every situation that you face, because Christ is in you. Jesus’ vicarious sacrifice on your behalf made you one with God, and brought you into this life of victory.

The Bible says, God “…raised him (Jesus) from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come” (Ephesians 1:20-21). That’s not all; God has also “…raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:5-6).

God raised you up together with Christ; you’re seated with Him in glory, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. You’re seated right in the place of His authority and power, and this is the reason you can’t be defeated. It’s the reason nothing can put you down, for greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

It doesn’t matter what your experience in life has been; it doesn’t matter how long you may have suffered or been in darkness; light has come to you. Truth has been unveiled: Christ is your life, your strength and your victory. You’re more than a conqueror. You were born to have dominion, and live triumphantly every day. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I was born a victor, and I live triumphantly over Satan, the circumstances of life, the economic conditions of this world, and other problems that ruin people’s lives. I live a superior life, far above the world’s corrupting influences, by the power of the greater One who lives in me. I’m a victor in Christ Jesus, now and always. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Galatians 3:26-4:1-20
Isaiah 1-2

1 Timothy 4:9-16
Jeremiah 37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2018
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*HIS WORD FULFILLED IN YOU.*

Thursday, September 20th.

Pastor Chris

_*Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God (Hebrews 10:7).*_

The Lord Jesus, while He walked the earth, lived out the perfect will of God; He walked in a preordained destiny. He located His destiny and purpose in the written Word, and fulfilled the glorious things that had been spoken and written about Him.

For example, in Luke 4:17-21, we read that He was in the synagogue, and was handed the Scroll to read. He turned to the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, and found the place where it was written: _*“…The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord….”*_

Afterwards, the Bible says He closed the book, _*“…gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”*_ The Master recognised and acknowledged that those verses were written concerning Him. He knew what His identity and mission were. His destiny was clearly spelt out in the Word, and not only did He acknowledge what was already written concerning Him in the Scriptures, He affirmed it.

Psalm 87:3 says, _*“Glorious things are spoken of thee O city of God”*_ ; that refers to you—the new creation in Christ Jesus—you’re the city of God. Glorious things have been spoken, and written of you in the Word: glorious things about your heritage, placement, ability, liberty, and privileges in Christ Jesus. As you locate these realities in the Word, like the Master did, affirm that they’re fulfilled in your life.

Your destiny is in the Word of God, and it’s been settled. You’ve been destined for greatness; set apart for a life of victory and triumph from glory to glory. 1 John 4:4 says, _*“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”*_ You’re already victorious over Satan and the adversities of life. Personalise these and other glorious realities written of you in the Word; affirm them, and walk in the light of them. Hallelujah!

*CONFESSION*

*I’m the seed of Abraham. The seed of greatness is in my spirit! I’m the effulgence of God’s glory; the radiance of His grace and beauty! I walk in the light of my righteousness in Him, manifesting His love, and unveiling His wisdom that’s inherent in my spirit. Hallelujah!*

*Trust you been blessed by today's insightful Article, for future reference kindly download the complete PDF copy of September Edition in any language of your choice For FREE which includes TeeVo, Early Reader and kiddies Rhapsody here: http:///2FDyOoj*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *Ephesians 1:11-12 AMPC* In Him we also were made [God’s] heritage (portion) and we obtained an inheritance; for we had been foreordained (chosen and appointed beforehand) in accordance with His purpose, Who works out everything in agreement with the counsel and design of His [own] will, 12 So that we who first hoped in Christ [who first put our confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to] live for the praise of His glory! *||*

When you become financially involved in sponsoring free distribution of Rhapsody of Realities, you partner in bringing solutions, hope and salvation to millions of lives around the world. Sponsor at least One copy today: http:///2GGh8Wn

*||* *Ephesians 2:10* For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. *||*

*||* *Hebrews 13:5-6* [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. *||* 

*DAILY SCRIPTURE READING*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Galatians 4:21-5:1-15 & Isaiah 3-5

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 1 Timothy 5:1-10 & Jeremiah 38

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:51am On Sep 21, 2018

Friday, September 21st .
Pastor Chris

GREATNESS IS GOD’S DREAM FOR YOU .

And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great (Genesis 26:13).

Galatians 3:29 says, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” God had said to Abraham, “And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice” (Genesis 22:18). This is also your heritage, because you’re the seed of Abraham; you’ve been set apart for greatness; you’re a blessing to your world.

God chose all of us—His kids—to be great and desires to use each one of us mightily in our own unique ways to fulfil His purpose in the earth. Everyone that’s born of God has in him or her, the seed of greatness; we were born great. Never suppose that your greatness in life is dependent upon your works, for the Bible says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Get to know who you are in Christ, and walk in that identity.

Observe again, God’s idea: He said to Abraham, “…I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2). It wasn’t Abraham who pleaded that God should make him great. Rather, it was God’s choice; your greatness is God’s choice.

This means that whether or not you intended it, greatness is God’s dream for you since you’re the seed of Abraham. You don’t need to struggle to be great; greatness abides in you now! Live every day with the mentality of greatness and excellence. Let it reflect in the way you think, talk, walk, and live.

PRAYER

Thank you, dear Father, for giving me a life of greatness and excellence; I make great things happen in my life and in the lives of others, through the power of your Word, and the ability of the Holy Spirit in me. As I study your Word, I see my greatness and triumphant life! I go forth in your wisdom to accomplish great things for your Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Genesis 12:1
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Genesis 26:12
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
:13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:

Exodus 11:3
And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses [was] very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Galatians 5:16-26
Isaiah 6-8

1 Timothy 5:11-18
Jeremiah 39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

A LIFE OF ABSOLUTE REST

Saturday, September 22nd 2018

Pastor Chris

Take my yoke upon you…For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Matthew 11:29-30).

The life we’ve received in Christ is such that doesn’t require us to struggle for anything. It’s a life of rest; a life of peace in prosperity. Read our opening verse again. Here, the Lord Jesus outlines how stress-free and easy the Christ-life really is.

The instructions and responsibilities the Lord gives to us are not burdensome at all. 1 John 5:3 says His commandments aren’t grievous. He’ll never ask you to do something that’s beyond your ability. All He asks is that you act on His Word.

Think about it: He didn’t require us to do anything for our sins to be remitted. All the sins you ever committed were automatically blotted out by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:4-5 says, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved).” Then in verses 8 and 9, it continues: “…and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

As dead in sin as we were, all we had to do was to confess the Lordship of Jesus, and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, and we became new creatures (Romans 10:9). We became righteous in an instant, and were translated into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, with dominion over Satan and his cohorts of darkness.

If it was that simple for you to receive salvation and have eternal life imparted to your spirit, then you have to accept that life in the Kingdom is that simple too. All you have to do is say “Yes” to the Word; receive and appropriate for yourself all the wonderful provisions of the Gospel: divine health, preservation, peace, deliverance, safety, security, victory, success, and all-round prosperity! All these and more are your present-hour possessions in Christ. You only need to acknowledge and affirm them so, and they’ll become vital realities of your daily walk.

CONFESSION
Thanks be unto God, who has qualified me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. The Lord has made my life easy, glorious and exciting; He’s taken charge of my family, health, finances and all my affairs. Therefore, I live in absolute rest, peace and joy today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light. ||

|| Hebrews 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Galatians 6:1-18 & Isaiah 9-10

1 Timothy 5:19-25 & Jeremiah 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:15am On Sep 24, 2018

Monday, September 24th .
Pastor Chris

KEEP LEARNING AND GROWING IN THE WORD .

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter 1:2).

Knowing the Word for yourself is so important; you must keep learning and growing in grace. There’re some Christians who assume they already know enough of the Word; they think they know everything in the Scriptures, just because they’ve been Christians for several years. Being a Christian all your life doesn’t necessarily equate to spiritual growth; it takes studying and acting on the Word to grow spiritually. The result or outcome of your life must be consistent with the divine provisions of the Gospel; otherwise, something is wrong.

Those who haven’t imbibed the Word, whose spirits are deficient of the Word, chicken out in the day of adversity. When they face challenges, they respond in fear and anxiety, a proof that the Word was really not inside them. But when the Word of God is in you, nothing shakes you. You’re victorious, irrespective of the circumstances around you. You’ve come to know that, come what may, you’re more than a conqueror; you’ve overcome every trouble, crisis, adversity, and adversary.

Keep making rich deposits of the Word in your spirit; abide in knowledge—the knowledge of the Word. Let this be your priority. Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly....” Diligently study the Word. The more you do, the more the Lord manifests Himself to you in increasing glory; you discover who Christ is, His character and nature, and who you are in Him.

You have the ability and choice to determine the life you want to live; choose the life of abundant grace and peace! The kind of life in which you’re triumphant every day, and in every place, without struggle; you’re never disadvantaged; this is the life Christ has given us through the Gospel. The Word is able to build you up and deliver to you, your inheritance in Christ (Acts 20:32). Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, my heart is open to receive your Word and live by it today. I esteem and desire your Word more than everything else. I’m rooted and established in the Word; unshakeable, and I triumph always! I’m living the higher life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

2 Timothy 3:14
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned [them];
:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 1:5
A wise [man] will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Ephesians 1:15-2:1-10
Isaiah 13-14

1 Timothy 6:17-21
Jeremiah 42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

HIS DIVINE POWER

Tuesday, September 25th 2018

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath
given unto us all things that pertain unto
life and godliness... (2 Peter 1:3).

Isn’t it wonderful that all that we have, and have
been made in Christ Jesus, are the results of His
divine ability, not ours? We couldn’t do anything for ourselves, and of ourselves to become
heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. We couldn’t, on
our own, become more than conquerors, victors and
overcomers in life! But His divine power made it
possible for us to have, and live this transcendent life.

Since all that we are, all that we have, and all
that God did for us in Christ are of His divine power,
it means nothing is missing in our lives, because the
power with which they were wrought is perfect and
unlimited. No wonder the Bible says we’re complete in
Christ; there’s nothing missing in your health, in your finances, in your job, your family, etc. Everything about
your life is perfect. Hallelujah!

Here’s something else that’s so profound: Besides granting us all that we require for life and
godliness through His divine power, God also granted
us the same power to live by, by giving us the Holy
Spirit. The Holy Spirit—who is the power of God, and
by whom He made all things—lives in you today. Acts
1:8 says, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy
Ghost is come upon you….”

Power is the dynamic ability to cause changes. So like Him, you can do anything. He’s given you the
divine ability to sustain yourself in the transcendent life; to walk on water! You can change hopeless situations;
you can cause water to spring forth from the desert. What a life! What a Gospel!

Paul, writing to the Corinthians, stated, “Not that
we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of
ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God” (2 Corinthians
3:5). You have the ability to deliver excellence in every
task or assignment that’s committed to you. You have
the power to do the unimaginable, the unthinkable,
and the impossible: “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
according to the power that worketh in us” (Ephesians
3:20).

CONFESSION
I achieve the extraordinary, heaping success upon
success. I have the ability to deliver excellence in
every task or assignment that’s committed to me, and the power to do the unimaginable, the unthinkable,
and the impossible, because Christ lives in me.
Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:
Luke 1:37; For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Philippians 2:13; For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Ephesians 2:11-22 & Isaiah 15-18

2 Timothy 1:1-18 & Jeremiah 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Oct 02, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

FOREVER PRODUCTIVE

Tuesday, October 2nd 2018

Pastor Chris

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing (John 15:5).

The Christian is an all-round success. There’s no question about it. It’s part of your make-up and heritage in Christ, to be ever fruitful and productive. There’s no limit to what you can achieve as a child of God, irrespective of your field or endeavour. Read again our opening scripture and see that it makes no difference the work you do or your area of specialisation or interest; as long as you’re connected to the Vine (Jesus), you’ll be a success.

In Christ, we’ve been made champions for life. You’re like a tree planted by the streams, luscious and ever-green; fruitful in and out of season. You’re a wellspring of eternal beauty of divine verities. Your life is for the glory of God; you’re fashioned to produce excellence and manifest righteousness. What you need is to keep your focus on the Word and nothing else. Meditate profusely on the Word and your success in life will be undeniable.

Remember what God said to Joshua: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” (Joshua 1:cool. It’s not so much your job description, your social status, academic qualification, or the country where you live, as it’s about the consciousness of your divine lineage and heritage. You’re connected to Jesus Christ; that makes you a wonder in this world.

Christ is in you, and you are in Him! Everything you do should be done in, and with, excellence; exude excellence, and produce much fruits. It’s your heritage in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah! In your soul winning efforts, be effective. Whatever you’re involved in, produce abundant results, because that’s the will of God for you in Christ.

CONFESSION
I’m a fruitful branch of a fruitful Vine; I produce durable fruits. Whatever I do prospers, because the blessing of God is on me and on all I do. I make progress from glory to glory. Hallelujah.

FURTHER STUDY:
Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and [that] spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Colossians 1:9-10 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Philippians 1:1-30 & Isaiah 33-34

Titus 2:1-15 & Jeremiah 50
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:25am On Oct 22, 2018
YOU’VE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH

Monday, October 22nd 2018

Pastor Chris

And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).

There’re Christians who are enslaved by certain habits, which they keep praying to God to help them overcome. Unfortunately, for most of them, the more they pray, the more they find themselves controlled and dominated by those habits. This has left them confused, and thinking their situation is beyond remedy. Some have even backslidden, because they thought they couldn’t be free.

But in studying the Scriptures, we find that it says in Romans 6:14, “For Sin shall not have dominion over you....” Our opening verse is also unequivocal: “… they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts”; meaning that if you’re in Christ, you can’t be bound by any habit. So, what then is the problem of those who seem to be in bondage to certain habits? It’s simply their lack of knowledge.

God never asked us to fight the flesh or struggle with sin and habits; we’ve crucified the flesh; we’ve overcome the world; we have dominion over Satan and sin. So, when some Christians or even preachers counsel others to “crucify the flesh,” it’s a contradiction.

It’s fruitless to try to be who you already are or get what you already have. If God says you’ve crucified the flesh, then that’s it! Your role is to respond and say, “I don’t get, and can never be, dominated by sin or the flesh, because I am Christ’s. Therefore, I’ve crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts.”

Galatians 5:25 says, “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Since we were born into the spirit and we live in the spirit, we’re to walk in the spirit. So, simply, if you’ve not been walking in the spirit, start walking in the spirit; that is, in the light of God’s Word. Declare, “From this day, my flesh won’t control me; my mind won’t dictate to me; I refuse to be sense-ruled, for the Word of God has become my compass, and I live the Word.”

Galatians 5:16 says, “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” How do you walk in the Spirit? It’s by walking in the light of God’s Word. It’s by walking in the truth in Christ; in the light of your righteousness and glory in Him. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Sin has no dominion over me. I live in the spirit, having crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts. I’ve overcome the world; I’m superior to Satan; I’m washed, sanctified, and justified, in the Name of the Lord Jesus! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
|| Romans 6:11-14 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Timothy 4:1-16 & Jeremiah 11-12

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Hebrews 11:1-16 & Ezekiel 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2018
A MUCH HIGHER PURPOSE

Thursday, November 1st 2018

Pastor Chris

…our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).

Ask many people, “Why did Jesus come?” They’ll mostly answer, “He came to save us from sin,” or “He came to destroy the works of the devil.” But Jesus came to do much more than “save” us from sin, and destroy the works of the devil; all that was a means to an end. He came for a much higher purpose.

In John 10:10 AMPC, for example, He said, “...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” So, Jesus came to give us life, but again, that’s one of the stated purposes. 1 Corinthians 1:9 says, “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” This is so powerful, and it consummates His purpose for coming.

If He only saved us or destroyed the works of the devil or gave us life, without bringing us into fellowship or oneness with Himself and with the Father, all the foregoing would have never been enough.

He saved us from sin, and gave us His life, to make it possible for us to become one with the Father; He brought us into fellowship—the fellowship of the God-kind. This is the amazing blessing that Jesus brought to us—the big thing that He made possible—fellowship with the Father. Now, anything that belongs to the Father belongs to us; we’re heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. Glory to God!

PRAYER
Precious Father, thank you for your boundless love and grace towards me that has elevated me to your class of being, making me an associate of the God-kind. My joy knows no bounds as I relish the benefits of my fellowship, oneness, and partnership with you, now and evermore, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Hebrews 1 & Jeremiah 34-35

1 Peter 1:1-12 & Ezekiel 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:30am On Nov 08, 2018
ACTING YOUR FAITH

Thursday, November 8th 2018

Pastor Chris

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life (John 6:47).

Sometimes, people confuse faith with believing. Both concepts are actually related, and they work together, but they’re not the same. Faith is translated from the Greek word “pistis,” which is a noun, while believe, on the other hand, is “pisteuo,” a verb which means to demonstrate your faith, to act your faith.

When you say you “believe,” it’s not passive but active; there’s action to it. “Believing” is a word of action; it’s actually “doing” your faith. So, when we say we’re “believers” in Jesus, it means we’re doers of the Word; we’re Word practitioners. That’s why the Bible says, “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone” (James 2:17). Faith requires a corresponding action; you prove your faith by your actions; that’s believing.

The Apostle James explained the difference between faith without actions, and faith with actions. Faith without actions is dead, but faith with actions produces results. He says, “Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works” (James 2:18). What he explains here is the simple word “Believe.” If I say, “I believe in Jesus Christ,” it means I do my faith; whatever it is that I believe about Jesus is revealed in my actions; I’m talking it; I’m walking it. I’m acting it. Hallelujah!

Understanding the relationship between faith and believing is very important, because they’re fundamental to your possessing and enjoying other blessings of the Gospel. Believing is faith and corresponding action put together. You must act your faith as a believer in Jesus Christ. Your faith calls the unseen into manifestation. With your faith, you see and create the invisible and make impossible things possible. Praise God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the blessing of acting my faith on the basis of your Word, thereby enjoying all the blessings encapsulated in the Gospel. I make progress by the Word today, confident in its ability to put me over and cause me to excel in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| James 2:21-24 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. ||

|| Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ||

|| Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth. ||

Hebrews 8 & Jeremiah 52

1 Peter 5:1-14 & Ezekiel 39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37am On Nov 12, 2018
DO IT BECAUSE HE SAID IT .

Monday, November 12th .
Pastor Chris

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

The Christian who’s come to spiritual maturity is always quick to act on the Word; he doesn’t question or try to rationalise God’s Word or His instructions; he simply takes the required actions. That’s where the blessing really is: acting on the Word. As we read in our opening verse, it’s the doers of the Word that please the Father, not those who hear, and do nothing. As long as it’s His Word, be quick and willing to act.

In the New Testament, God doesn’t have to convince us to obey His voice or do His Word, because we live the Word. Like Abraham, we’ve come to trust Him, because we’re acquainted with Him through fellowship. Abraham is, for us, an example of one who greatly esteemed God’s instructions. In Genesis 22:2, the Lord said to him, “...Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.”

As tough as this instruction was, Abraham didn’t question it; he acted accordingly and would have sacrificed his son, had the Lord not stopped him. His motivation was simple: God said to do it, and that’s it! This should be your attitude to the Word always. Your pleasure and delight should be in doing the things the Lord said to do. His instruction to you may seem unpleasant or illogical, but be wise and do what He says, because God’s “foolishness” is wiser than man’s wisdom.

If you’re about to make a decision and the Word of God reveals something different, don’t harden your heart; go with the Word. God’s Word will always show you the “more excellent” way. Yield yourself completely to the lordship of the Word, and watch the Word mould, correct, transform, and position you for greatness, and fulfil His destiny for your life.

PRAYER

Dear Father, your Word to me is the greatest of all treasures; I’ll forever yield myself to the lordship of your Word to mould, correct and fashion me into that glorious personality that you’ve ordained me to be, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. ||

|| Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Hebrews 10:19-39 & Ezekiel 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Peter 3:1-18 & Ezekiel 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2018
FOCUS ON WHAT HE’S ALREADY DONE

Saturday, November 17th 2018

Pastor Chris

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect (Romans 4:14).

There’re those who think they ought to be enjoying God’s blessings because they’re “living right.” Yes, by virtue of our righteousness, we’re required to live right, but to think that God ought to do certain things for you because of your good works means you’re trusting in your works; and the Bible says, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done…” (Titus 3:5).

First, you must understand that as a Christian, God has already blessed you beyond measure; you’re blessed with ALL spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3). He didn’t bless you because of what you did; as a matter of fact, He blessed you ever before you knew Him. Your “good works,” as it were, won’t make Him bless you any more than He’s already done.

There’re some who think God will, or should hear them, because they prayed for several hours; but that’s not how it works. It’s vital to pray; prayer and other spiritual activities are highly commendable and recommended for every Christian, but don’t try to get God’s approval by doing them. What He watches out for and rewards is your faith, not works. Nonetheless, your works, if done in faith, will be pleasing to Him.

There’s really nothing you could ever want that isn’t already yours in Christ; everything He owns belongs to you. Thus, the anchor for your faith should be what Christ came to do. That’s what should form the basis for your believing and confession, and your trust in Him. The reason for your divine health, divine prosperity, and life of superabundance is that Christ already made them yours. Your focus should be on what He’s already done.

When you confess health, prosperity, victory, and all the blessings of the Gospel that are yours in Christ, it ought to be with this consciousness; the consciousness of who you are and all that’s been made available to you in Christ.

PRAYER
Righteous Father, you’ve established me in the path of divine blessings; I’m a partaker of the glorious heritage of the saints in the Kingdom of light. I celebrate the beautiful life of dominion, power, and victory that I have in Christ. I affirm that my life is the manifestation of your glory, excellence, and righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

|| 2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: ||

|| 1 Corinthians 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; ||

Hebrews 13 & Ezekiel 16

1 John 3:13-24 & Ezekiel 48
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2018
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*HIS GLORY IN YOU .*

Wednesday, November 21st .
Pastor Chris

_*But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).*_

As a child of God, His glory is in your life, and that glory is continually on the increase, as you meditate on, and live the Word. It’s one of the reasons we emphasise going to church. Every time you’re in church or in your group fellowship meetings, and you listen to the preaching and teaching of the Word of God, the glory on your life increases. As you leave the meeting, you leave with a greater glory than you came with.

The same happens when you study and meditate on the Word in your privacy; God’s glory in you increases. Of course, the glory of God in your spirit may not be obvious to the senses, but its impact and effects are unmistakable. The glory in us is so strong and powerful; howbeit, it’s not the same for everybody. Some Christians have more glory than others; it’s about how much of the Word of God is working in your spirit! It’s about yielding to, and living, the Word.

Our opening verse says, _*“…we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”*_ This is what the Word does in our lives: as we behold the Word, we’re metamorphosed; our glory increases. The more we meditate on the Word, the more glorious we become.

Even now, you’re more glorious than you were moments ago, because of your fellowship with the Word through this devotional. As you step out to your job, business, and your environment today, it’s with increased glory. Influence your world with this glory. Keep increasing the glory in you through fellowship, studying and meditating on the Word.

*PRAYER*

*Dear Father, I thank you for your glory in my spirit, which increases as I delight myself in your Word, living in the light of my heritage in Christ. I live triumphantly every day, revealing, and impacting my world with the excellent glory of Christ that’s in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *Exodus 24:15-18* And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. 17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD [was] like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel. 18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights. *||*

*||* *2 Corinthians 3:7-11* But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious. *||*

*DAILY SCRIPTURE READING*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* James 4:13-5:1-20 & Ezekiel 24-26

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 2 John & Daniel 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

ONLY BY THE SPIRIT

Tuesday, December 4th 2018

Pastor Chris

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God (1 Corinthians 2:12).

Part of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life is to unveil your inheritance to you; to show you the things which are freely given to you by the Father. He’s the only one that knows your inheritance enough to make them available to you. For example, the Bible says God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3). You can only know what these spiritual blessings are by the Holy Spirit!

How do you describe spiritual blessings? How do you identify them? What do they look like? How can you tell what’s from God, and what’s not from Him? It’s only by the Holy Spirit! That’s what we read in our theme scripture. The ensuing verse says, “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth…” (1 Corinthians 2:13). In other words, these spiritual blessings are made manifest through the language of the Spirit; words inspired in us by the Holy Spirit.

For example, when you say you’re born again, man’s wisdom thinks you mean you’ve turned over a new leaf, or you’ve merely changed your ways of doing things, but no; it’s much more profound than that! It means you’ve become a new creation; one with God; an associate of the God-kind. This isn’t a piece of information for the intellect or from the intellect, but a revelation of the Spirit; an esoteric insight unveiled to your spirit by the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah!

Life in its fullness, peace, righteousness, divine healing, health, prosperity, forgiveness, fellowship with the Father and with the Son Jesus Christ, are among God’s glorious blessings given to you to enjoy freely. The Holy Spirit came, not only to reveal these blessings to you, but also to teach you to walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel. Recognise His ministry in your life and He’ll lead and guide you in the transcendent life in Christ.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, by whom I’m made aware, and take advantage of all that you’ve granted me in Christ Jesus. I walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel; nothing good is withheld from me; I have all things that pertain to life and godliness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ||

|| John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. ||

|| John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. ||

1 John 5 & Daniel 3-4

Revelation 7:1-10 & Amos 1-2

Good morning.
God bless you.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

BEING BORN AGAIN

Thursday, December 6th 2018

Pastor Chris

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).

In our previous study, we learnt that the Christian isn’t a natural man. The natural man is subject to defeat, failure, poverty, and the uncertainties of life; he’s governed by the rudiments of this present evil world, and without hope in life. Ephesians 2:12 describes his life as an utter tragedy, because he lives in this world without hope and without God; a terrible state to be in.

If the foregoing describes you or someone you know, that can change even now. Yes, you may have lived as a natural man, subject to the depravities and corrupting influences of this natural world, but you can start a new life today, by being born again. Jesus said except a man is born again, he can’t escape the destruction and perils in this world.

Why should anyone remain a natural man, and be buffeted by the storms and harsh gusts of life? Only the one who’s born again is separated from darkness, evil, and from perishing. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish….” The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus disconnected you from the domain of Satan, and this world of darkness and turmoil, and transferred you into Christ; into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.

The negative forces of this world can’t prevail against you. Failure, sickness, poverty, and everything negative aren’t a part of your life when you’re born again! You live in the victory of Christ every day, such that at the end of life on earth, you’ll stand before Him in glory. But that can’t happen if you’re not born again; if you remain a natural man.

The natural man can’t receive the things of the Spirit of God. But when you receive Christ into your heart, and get to know the Holy Spirit, He’ll unveil the heart of the Father to you.

If you’ve never been born again, this is your moment: turn to the Prayer of Salvation page at the back of this devotional, pray the prayer, and mean the words with all your heart.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for my beautiful life in Christ. I’m growing by the day, in the knowledge of Christ, and of my inheritance in Him, unto maturity, ready for your divine use, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| 2 Peter 3:9-10 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. ||

|| Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. ||

3 John & Daniel 7-8

Revelation 8:1-13 & Amos 5-6

Good morning.
God bless you.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
TRUST HIM WITH YOUR LIFE AND FUTURE .

Sunday, December 9th .
Pastor Chris

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart… In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

One day, as I studied the Bible, some thoughts went through my mind. I pondered, “If the Lord really does know everything, that means He knows tomorrow.” Then again I thought, “Since He knows the future, then He knows everything I’ll ever do, say, think, and everywhere I’ll ever go.” Now, all that while, I was meditating on the Scriptures and having this soliloquy.

The result was, I realised that the Lord could actually see in my tomorrow or in the future if I’m going to do or say something that’s not right. And since He already knows, He can fix things ahead for me. Then I said, “Lord, since you know my tomorrow, can you effect some corrections ahead before I ever get there?” Interestingly, He wasn’t quiet about it, and He didn’t reprimand me either for having all those thoughts. Rather, He said to me, “You’re right; I can do it if you want me to.” This reveals how truly kind and gracious He is. We can, and should, actually trust Him with our future.

Imagine that you have a child crawling on the floor, and you can see something dangerous in front of him, and you know the child is going to pick it up. Surely, you’re going to go ahead of the child to eliminate that danger. If you’d do that, how much more our heavenly Father! That’s one of the reasons you can trust God to lead you. If you trust Him with your future, He’ll direct your path. If you trust Him, He’ll go ahead of you, and fix things. He can change anything for your good; for your advantage. Even if you’ve gone in the wrong direction all your life, if you’d embrace Him today, He’ll make everything right. He can create for you a new destiny. He’s God Almighty!

Not only does He know everything about you, He knows everything about life. The future belongs to Him; He made it; without Him, there’s no future. Put yourself, therefore, into His guiding arms, under His Lordship, for His Lordship is the lordship of love. Trust Him without reservation, and He’ll make your life beautiful; He’ll lead you in glory and excellence, to fulfil your destiny in Him.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your love. You’re the Lord of my life; and you know everything, including my future. Thank you for taking responsibility for my life, and for being more interested in, and passionate for, my success than I could ever be for myself, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. ||

|| Isaiah 1:19 TLB If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey, then I will make you rich! ||

|| Proverbs 3:5-6 AMPC Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. 6 In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Revelation 2:1-17 & Hosea 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Revelation 10:1-11 & Obadiah
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2018

Monday, December 10th .
Pastor Chris

THE FRUITS OF YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS .

Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness (2 Corinthians 9:10).

When you sow seeds, our opening verse explains what happens: God multiplies your seed sown and increases the fruits of your righteousness. Notice it doesn’t say, “He increases the fruits of the seed,” but that He increases the fruits of your righteousness!

This shows that the seeds we sow are about our works of righteousness. Giving is one of the graces ministered to us by the Holy Spirit, and when we give or sow seeds, we’re demonstrating, living out, our life of righteousness. So, when a Christian isn’t giving, he’s not living the life of righteousness.

We give because we have the nature of our heavenly Father, not because of anything we desire to have in the earth. All things are already yours. Your faith can get anything! But we’re called to demonstrate righteousness.

Referring to the grace of giving, 2 Corinthians 9:12 says, “For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God.” How would you like your life to cause some more praises and thanksgivings to go to God, because of something that was accomplished through your giving? Your giving causes thanksgivings to go up to God! That’s the life of righteousness.

This is the mindset God wants you to have as you sow your seeds, and give into the Gospel. Giving is our nature, our way of life, because it’s our life of righteousness. The more you give, the more the harvests of your righteousness come to you from everywhere, and they come in different shades and forms: physical, material, and spiritual things; and you become greatly enriched! Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the opportunity to sow my seeds in faith according to your Word. I speak forth a multiplied harvest of blessings, and rejoice as you increase the fruits of my righteousness, enriching me in all things in superabundance, to the praise and glory of your Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Genesis 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for [your] food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink
:11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
:12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Revelation 2:18-3:1-6
Hosea 3-6

Revelation 11:1-10
Jonah 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

PRAYING CORRECTLY

Tuesday, December 11th 2018

Pastor Chris

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you (John 16:23)

You should have results every time you pray. God asked us to pray because He wants to answer our prayers, but we must pray correctly. There’re some simple rules of prayer; basic fundamental principles that, if not applied, you’ll be praying amiss.

For example, in the New Testament, we pray in the Name of Jesus. We don’t ask Jesus for anything; we don’t pray to Him. You can tell Him how much you love Him, and give thanks to the Father, in His Name, but we don’t pray to Jesus, in the Name of Jesus; that’d be wrong. When we pray, we stand in the stead of Jesus; we’re taking His place. So, we can’t be praying to Him in His Name, or while standing in His stead; that won’t make any spiritual sense.

Furthermore, we pray knowing that we’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Our righteousness gives us a right or guarantee of hearing with God. This is what makes our prayers effectual and effective. James 5:16 (AMPC) says, “…The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].” Thus, prayer in the New Testament is geared to effecting changes. When there’re challenges, we can make power available in prayer—power for change!

Jesus said, “…men ought always to pray, and not to faint” (Luke 18:1). That means pray always, and don’t give up, because when you pray, you make power available for the works of righteousness; you effect definite changes in the realm of the spirit to your advantage. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity of prayer. Thank you for the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus, and experience extraordinary results every day. I live triumphantly today by the power of your Word, and ability of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. ||

|| John 14:13-14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it]. ||

|| James 5:17-18 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. ||

Revelation 3:7-22 & Hosea 7-10

Revelation 11:11-19 & Jonah 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities

DON’T LIVE FOR YOURSELF

Thursday, December 13th 2018

Pastor Chris

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith (Galatians 6:10).

Our opening verse is so profound; it lets us know that as Christians, we have a responsibility beyond our biological families. God expects you to cater for your household, your nuclear and extended families, but beyond that, you must also cater for those who are outside of your immediate biological family, especially those in the household of faith. You become a success when you look out for others and reach out to help them.

God’s idea, His plan for your prosperity, is for you to have more than enough to be able to help others abundantly. When you think of helping others, He channels His grace towards you in an extraordinary way to make it happen. So, be a helper and a lifter of others. There’ll always be opportunities for you to be a blessing to others, and anytime that opportunity comes your way, seize it.

For example, it’s Christmas season, a time of joy, merriment, and celebration. But there’re some who aren’t able to celebrate, not because they don’t want to, but because they just don’t have the wherewithal. Some can’t even afford a decent meal at this time; yet, it’s Christmas. God wants you to remember such people and help them. If you have to seek them out to help them, do so.

You may also want to find out about corporate endeavours in your local church geared towards helping the poor and needy in the inner cities, and be a vital part of it. Give others a reason to celebrate. Let others benefit from your prosperity. God has made you rich, and given you more than enough for yourself and to be able to help others.

The Lord wants you to be a blessing. His grace abounds in your life; acknowledge it; use it for good works. Share what you have. Look around in your place of work, your street, and especially your local church and find someone you can lend a helping hand. If you don’t find one, meet your Pastor and ask him or her; you’ll be connected with someone to whom the Lord can make you a blessing this Yuletide season.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for blessing me so abundantly, and making me a blessing! You’ve made me great, and a lifter of many. I’m guided by your Spirit always, to identify the opportunities to be a blessing to those in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
|| Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. ||

|| Proverbs 3:27-28 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do [it]. Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee. ||

|| Romans 12:13 NIV Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. ||

Revelation 5 & Joel 1-3

2-YEAR BIBLE READING
PLAN Revelation 12:11-17 & Micah 3-4

Good morning.
God bless you.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
A REAL FELLOWSHIP

Friday, December 14th 2018

Pastor Chris

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all (2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV).

Until the Holy Spirit becomes real in your life, your life will be ordinary. It’s the Holy Spirit that brings you into fellowship with God, and sanctifies you. Therefore, live in real fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Talk to Him, and listen to Him. Interact with Him.

Imagine that a particular family just moved into your neighbourhood, and they live next door to you. If you want to make friends with any member of that family, you’d make the effort to meet that person and make an acquaintance. You’d introduce yourself to them, and would like the opportunity to regularly have conversations with them. Now, when you make these efforts to get acquainted with them, you’re recognising them. You’re introducing yourself to them because you think they’re worth the attention.

In the same way, the Holy Spirit has to be recognised. Interestingly, the word translated “spirit” in Greek, as well as Hebrew, is the same word for “wind” or “breath.” But this doesn’t mean the Holy Spirit is wind; He’s a person, and He lives in you. You’re in Him and He’s in you; so you don’t have to go next door to look for Him before you can fellowship with Him. He knows your thoughts, but you’re going to have to talk to Him because thoughts are empowered when vocalised. So, talk to the Holy Spirit and receive from Him as well.

When you begin to enjoy this glorious, wonderful, fellowship with the Holy Spirit, you’ll realise that, indeed, He’s the greatest friend anyone could ever have, and the best teacher there is! He’d teach you about your ministry, business, finances, family, health, etc. He’ll teach you everything, even to the minutest detail of your life. And guiding you with His power, He ensures you’re always on top; never disadvantaged, and forever victorious! Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Precious Holy Spirit, I’m so blessed for the awesome opportunity to be in fellowship with you, to be led and guided by you in the path of life. I love you so much; there’s none like you—an ever-present help in time of need! How awesome you are. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
|| John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ||

Revelation 6 & Amos 1-4

Revelation 13:1-10 & Micah 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2018
Wednesday 19 December
Pastor Chris

WE’RE SONS OF GOD .

Beloved, now are we the sons of God… (1 John 3:2).

Concerning Jesus, the Bible says, “He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not…” (John 1:10-11). The world didn’t know Him because they tried to figure Him out by their senses; they were looking at His outward appearance. They couldn’t see that He was the maker of the universe. God Himself was with them but they didn’t recognise Him.

Likewise, the world also doesn’t recognise us as new creations and associates of the God-kind. They think we’re ordinary, but we’re sons of God. We’re God-men in the earth; we’re divine, because the life in us is the life of God.

John 1:12 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God….” He gave us the right, the ability, to become the sons of God. We’re not going to become sons of God when we get to heaven; we’re sons of God NOW! James 1:18 declares, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth….”

When you heard the Gospel, and opened your heart to the Word, the life of God was imparted to your spirit, and you were born again. But the world still looks at you and thinks they’re seeing the same old person. Just because you’re encased in an ordinary human body doesn’t mean you’re ordinary. 2 Peter 1:4 describes you as a partaker of the divine nature; you’re in God’s class of being, the divine class. You’re not a mere mortal; you’re actually a god in the earth. Think about it: animals give birth to animals and humans give birth to humans. God, therefore, would most certainly give birth to gods. That’s why He said in Psalm 82:6, “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”

Get to know who you are, because when you get to know who you are, you’ll know what belongs to you and live to your full potentials. Be bold in your life. You’re a child of God; a joint-heir with Christ; the world belongs to you. Refuse to live an ordinary life or as an ordinary person.

CONFESSION

I was born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. My origin is in God. Therefore, I’ve overcome the world and its systems, because the greater One lives in me in His fullness. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Revelation 11
Micah 4-5

Revelation 16:1-10
Zephaniah 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2018

Friday, December 21st .
Pastor Chris

MAKE HIM A PRIORITY.

But Jesus told him, “Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God” (Luke 9:62 TLB).

As Christians, we should never take the Gospel of Christ lightly. By Him were all things created; He’s Lord of heaven and earth. We ought to be bold about Him everywhere. No one follows Him and misses the way. You can never give Him too much. He gave His life for you. Therefore, He deserves your all; your love, attention, time, everything! Your priority should be: Jesus first, and everything else afterwards.

When you make Him your priority, you’ll never need to worry about anything else; He’s wisdom personified, and if you walk with Him, He’ll give you all the wisdom that you need to guide you, and cause you to deal excellently in all things. Trust Him with your life. Never think you’d lose for giving up anything or everything for Him. If you ever face challenges or troubles because of Him, He’ll lead you through victoriously. He’s ever so gracious and kind.

Refuse to allow anything distract you from serving Him and living for Him as you should. Be about His business, doing that work which He planned for you before the foundations of the earth. Remember, when you face Jesus at the judgment seat of Christ, He’s going to ask you: “What did you do with the assignment I gave you? Did you do my work?” Therefore, finish well; finish strong. Don’t be distracted. Like the Master Himself, let your goal, your inspiration and driving force, be to do the will of Him that sent you, and to finish His work.

Prove your love for the Master; do the things He’s asked you to do. If you prove your love for Him, He’d never let you down; you can bet your life on that. Give Him your love; give Him your heart, and He’ll give you such fulfilment that you could never know otherwise. Get excited about serving Him and living for Him; and everything else will fall into place.

CONFESSION

The Gospel is my priority, and my heart is open to opportunities for its spread in my world and beyond. I declare that the hearts of men and women around the world be made ready to receive the message for their salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Luke 10:40
But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Revelation 13:1-10
Nahum 1-3

Revelation 17:1-10
Haggai 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2018

Sunday, December 23rd .
Pastor Chris

THE AUTHOR OF THE SCRIPTURES .

All scripture is given by inspiration of God… (2 Timothy 3:16).

God’s Word enlightens us about the things of God, and helps us know His will, plan and purpose. If you know His written Word, you’ll know the unwritten Word, because you’ll become acquainted with the author of the written Word—the Holy Spirit.

There’s a difference between an author and a writer. We have several writers of the books of the Bible; the prophets and the apostles who wrote the Scriptures for us; but they’re not the author. Our opening verse says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God…”; “God” here is the Holy Spirit. If you ever want to know how God thinks, His language, His mind, thoughts, and opinions, then you’ve got to study and meditate on the Scriptures.

Sometimes, some people wonder, “How do I know when God is talking to me? I don’t want to confuse the voice of God with my mind.” You can learn His language; you can know His views, His opinions, His ideas, all from the Scriptures. Your heart becomes clear in such a way that you can separate the voice of the Holy Spirit from other voices.

You’ve got to learn the Scriptures; give attention to the Word of God. When you study the Bible, make notes. As you read, some thoughts will come to you; write them down. When you notice something striking, underline it; mark your Bible. Make annotations in your Bible. Don’t just read like you’re reading a newspaper.

There’re those who read the Bible; they even teach others, but aren’t really acquainted with the truths and revelations of the Spirit, and that’s sad. Paul said, “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power” (1 Corinthians 2:4). That’s what it should be. You need illumination, and it’s the Holy Spirit that opens the eyes of your spirit to the truths of the Scriptures, for your growth and edification. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Precious Holy Spirit, thank you for your awesome ministry in my life! You’re my Counsellor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and my Standby. Through the Scriptures, you lead me in the path of life, from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

Job 32:8
But [there is] a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

John 16:12
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Revelation 15
Zephaniah 1-3

Revelation 18:1-12
Zechariah 1-2

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 257
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.