Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) (71892 Views)

Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) / List Of Items Banned In Ajayi Crowther University Students’ Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by MrEgghead(m): 4:53am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:
Here
In Uniben nko
I'm sure an Hall 3 boy shared you this pix..But I'm still going to sue for infringing on Uniben. grin
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by calberian: 5:13am On Jul 21, 2017
poseidon12:

Not true about all being private developments. These are standard student housing (as far as USA is concerned. Don't know about Europe, but guess it's same situation).
As for the cost, can actually turn out more cost effective than renting off campus because in most cases, your rent is inclusive of utilities and internet. And you may save on transport.

I don't know why people like you keep missing the message. Standard student housing my foot!

There's a reason why each of these developments made the cut. Go figure!

The on-campus MIT accomodation was privately built but it's a luxury accommodation.

The HUB was built at a cost of $17.5m! The typical student would have to spend about $8500 [~N3m] per annum to stay there, net of utils & servs. Some of them even have pools.

So, what's my point?

These are luxury services. The Op made a compilation of different brands of a luxury service from different locations globally and some of you here are comparing it to what obtains in Nigeria.

In my humble opinion, the most beautiful and best-managed of hostel accomodations that I have seen is the Tafawa Balewa PG Hall in Ibadan. However, it can't be compared to standard accommodation in any of the above-named countries because the systems and services established there over 50 years ago, though relatively well-managed haven't been updated.

You rejoinder is equally untrue about being more cost effective by saving on transport. Most of the private developments are farther than school-administered accommodation.

Definitely untrue about rent being inclusive of utils & serv.

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Izonpikin: 5:47am On Jul 21, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

*Clears throat*

Sorry to cut in!

OAU hostel. AWO Hall.

Accommodates anything. Toilet na wah! Bathroom na elele!

Producing great guys.
i think the black nigerian is cursed...na hostel be this?? shocked
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 21, 2017
Narldon:
MEANWHILE...

BEST HOSTELS IN NIGERIA!!
smiley smiley
That's prison yard!
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 21, 2017
What a pity!

Germany converted the Munich Olympics Village to students' hostel while our politicians have finished buying our Abuja Games Village.

The Blackman is cursed.

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Culin(f): 6:06am On Jul 21, 2017
Explorers:
Residencia Galdós(Madrid, Spain)

Right on the edge of the Ciudad Universitaria of Madrid, the Residencia Galdós is the best place for students to stay in the capital of Spain.

Up to 370 students can stay at Galdós, and we’re sure that each and every one of them will have the time of their life in this accommodation.

The best for me
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by mustafa006: 6:36am On Jul 21, 2017
The moment u go that side u will realise that our country is still stuck in the stone age era and we will continue living like that for the next century unless everything from A-Z changes in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by lequatee(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:
Here In Uniben nko
That's the notorious Hall 3. "Aro" crusade must have been on then.
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by labake1(f): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2017
MrEgghead:
I'm sure an Hall 3 boy shared you this pix..But I'm still going to sue for infringing on Uniben. grin

Sue ke
Am trying to promote my country
I represent green white green
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by ademijuwonlo(f): 7:03am On Jul 21, 2017
nice
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:
Here In Uniben nko
hall 3 arrow boys spotted grin
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Naughtytboy: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2017
CrystalCharel:
Explorer the baddest n my best nairalander.... pls will you marry me..m. your posts are FIRE!!!!!!
u look like t boss
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Emmyemmy1: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2017
this are living rooms not pest and insect haven like PTI students , hostels......oyinbo I hail ooooo
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by tonguengineer(m): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

*Clears throat*

Sorry to cut in!

OAU hostel. AWO Hall.

Accommodates anything. Toilet na wah! Bathroom na elele!

Producing great guys.
Awo hall bawo
Baba were niesha
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 21, 2017
tonguengineer:
Awo hall bawo Baba were niesha
grin
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2017
DrWise:
What a pity!

Germany converted the Munich Olympics Village to students' hostel while our politicians have finished buying our Abuja Games Village.

The Blackman is cursed.

Indeed the black man may just be cursed.

Underdeveloped people
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2017
mustafa006:
The moment u go that side u will realise that our country is still stuck in the stone age era and we will continue living like that for the next century unless everything from A-Z changes in this country

TRUE
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2017
Nobody should please compare these with what we have in Nig

There is no basis for comparison at all

1 Like

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:07am On Jul 21, 2017
calberian:
All these psychedelic student hostels don't come cheap o.

Explorers baba, you for put d fees. In fact, make I google dem up one by one.

I dey come

HUB AT TUCSON
1011 N. Tyndall Ave. Tucson, AZ 85719
TOTAL MONTHLY RENT:
$635 per room
5 bed / 5 bath
TOTAL BEDROOMS: 5
5 occupants max
Tucson Neighborhood
TYPE: Apartment
SECURITY DEPOSIT: $500
UPFRONT REQUIREMENTS:
First Month Rent
Security Deposit
APPROX. UTILITY COST:
$30

No need to check more

Even the lowest end hostels in these countries better pass the best we have herr
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by omoseth(m): 8:25am On Jul 21, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

what the hell is going on here? grin

They are Hall 3 boiz aka Aros of the greatest Unibest.When you see them like that, three things are involve:
1. A show is going on at hall 2 car park
2. Throwing banter with hall 2 babes
3. A girl with the biggest mammary gland is walking pass the foot path between hall 2 and hall 3.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by esthel(f): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:
Here
In Uniben nko
this Hall 3 Aro boys, picture got me feeling nostalgic. Those boys wont allow you waka in peace, insult hell out of you, then God help you and u reply them, your own don done be dat. I remember going for an exam one morning and on seeing this guys i started frowning only to be met with na me send you make you no read, at your age you still dey write GST, Oluku madam carry over. Mad boys everywhere grin
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by ikemesit4477: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2017
Explorers:
Hub at Tucson(Tucson, USA).

This student accommodation in Tucson has a rooftop sun deck with swimming pool, a hot tub, and games area.

It also has some mean barbecue grills and a sandpit with hammocks and a volleyball net.

The list goes on and on.

This is definitely one of the best residences in the world.
13) Jumbo hostel nekede! grin grin grin
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by MrEgghead(m): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:

Sue ke
Am trying to promote my country
I represent green white green
Are you one of unibenites?
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by CadetFrancis: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2017
I know if d list is up to 1.000 Nigeria will not make it. I REGRET BEING A nigerian
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by DONFASZY(m): 9:52am On Jul 21, 2017
I am crying seein dis pictures
We r reli suffering
Na mat I use during ma days in sch
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by salesforce: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2017
Money
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2017
McDreKing:

Hey you! I like your profile. Intrigue by your location. You must be a good geographer. ���

Btw

Nice hostels. Let's be positive we're going to get there in Nigeria �� someday

Thank you smiley

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't share your optimism
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by anigold(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2017
I can never never school again in Nigeria.. I will never forgot toilets at male hostel Malabo,Unical.. tufiakwa..
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Mospring(m): 10:54am On Jul 21, 2017
fascinating indeed, Africa (South) and Asia (Dubai) doesn't make the list @Explorer?
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by MARKETfund: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2017
xynerise:
Naija hostels na nightmare grin

Not really.
Lack of maintenance is their bane.
Most of the schools and their hostels in Europe and America today are prehistoric yet they stood the taste of time.

Pa Antelope how's you? cheesy
Re: 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) by Rick9(m): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:

Hard to believe without prove
I don't arrow jor am a good student. If u want we fit see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside The First-Class Schools Children Of Akwa Ibom Elite Attend / Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / Jamb scores 8th and 9th candidates below 200.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.