Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University (65100 Views)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

Actually the point is for you to change your mentality. It is holding you back. At least learn from normal societies. When a corrupt incompetent official is in your lives you try to get him out of it. You don't go about applauding anything he does. By finding anything good In what he does only perpetuayes his being in your lives continously. This is why you guys keep recycling leaders. Even a 12 year old would understand this by now. Smh.
Like I said before, you cannot wish away the fact that there can still be honour amongst thieves; in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is still king.

Your talk about me 'changing mentality' is pointless; I am not commending a thief and will never commend a thief, I am only recognising a commendable 'act' by a person, and it's a pity if you cant tell the difference. You dont expect me to see a white cloak and call it black because it is worn by a dirty person.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by alfsalami: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
No wonder oyedepo is a member of cavals of PDP
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Rekyz(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Substantiate your claim with evidence
See evidence for your face, you still the smell mouth.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

Oga see. Even the American businessmen site their businesses in countries where it is more profitable. It doesnt make them less patriotic. It doesnt matter where you situate your business as long as you pay your government what is due. The question we should ask is how have we made Nigeria attractive for people to come invest in? The likes of Dangote and MTN pay huge sums to the government. How have they been encouraged to continue doing business here? The taxes they pay how has it been used judiciously to promote development?
You dont seem to get the point, we arent talking about ordinary businessmen here, we are talking about govt officials (past and present) who have stolen moneys meant for public roads, hospitals, schools, refineries etc. and used the proceeds to create businesses in foreign lands; that is totally callous.

And then again, while profit is the main driver for genuine businessmen all over the world, and while businessmen reserve the exclusive rights to set up their businesses anywhere they chose, patriotism also entails putting the welfare of your country first before your personal gains. As all fingers are not equal, so also is everyone's level of patriotism not equal. So yeah, American businessmen setting up businesses abroad reserve the rights to do that for their own convinience, but that doesnt make them more patriotic than the other businessman who defied the high taxes and still set up his business in the US even when he had the choice to go elsewhere.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
Like I said before, you cannot wish away the fact that there can still be honour amongst thieves; in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is still king.

Your talk about me 'changing mentality' is pointless; I am not commending a thief and will never commend a thief, I am only recognising a commendable 'act' by a person, and it's a pity if you cant tell the difference. You dont expect me to see a white cloak and call it black because it is worn by a dirty person.

What nonsense are you talking about honor among thieves? Only criminally corrupt people talk like that. You do understand that that is an oxymoron right? You people just justifying rubbish. In 2080 you all will still be asking why Nigeria is not moving forward. I know why. Just stand in front of a mirror.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by jarx: 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
this one politicians' children are graduating from the university... respect to the only man that patronises made in Nigeria university
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

What nonsense are you talking about honor among thieves? Only criminally corrupt people talk like that. You do understand that that is an oxymoron right? You people just justifying rubbish. In 2080 you all will still be asking why Nigeria is not moving forward. I know why. Just stand in front of a mirror.
Oga sir, I will keep repeating myself until the message gets into your head. Firstly I cannot see a white cloak and call it black because it was worn by a dirty person. A man may be dishonourable, but if he does something which I think is commendable, there is nothing wrong with me if I commend it, and that does not make me insane or myopic or stupid or whatever it is you've been pressing about all afternoon. I am commending the 'act' and not the person's character. Spare me all these your empty self-righteous sermons please. This is common sense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by VULCAN(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
Which foreign universities exactly? This is an online forum so you should back up your claims with facts.

As a foreign student in UK you can't find a meaningful university that will take less than £6, 000 per annum from you.

So pls tell us which foreign university you mentioned that charges like Covenant.

greatiyk4u:

Convenant University is as expensive as foreign unis.......he no see Ekiti state uni, OAU, UNILAG et.al?
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
Oga sir, I will keep repeating myself until the message gets into your head. Firstly I cannot see a white cloak and call it black because it was worn by a dirty person. A man may be dishonourable, but if he does something which I think is commendable, there is nothing wrong with me if I commend it, and that does not make me insane or myopic or stupid or whatever it is you've been pressing about all afternoon. Spare me your empty sermons please. This is common sense!

Oga sir, I will keep repeating myself until the message gets into your head. You don't about talking positively about corrupt incompetent officials. This is the reason you all keep recycling leaders in Nigeria. Your talking point should only and always be about removing him from your lives. You mentality is holding you back as a people and you need to change it.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

Oga sir, I will keep repeating myself until the message gets into your head. You don't about talking positively about corrupt incompetent officials. This is the reason you all keep recycling leaders in Nigeria. Your talking point should only and always be about removing him from your lives. You mentality is holding you back as a people and you need to change it.

The only mentality I've displayed here is the compulsion to see white and call it white, I'm sorry I dont buy into your emotional irrational ideology of hating and castigating everything about a person simply because the person isnt clean. I'm not a Fayose fan and I never was; but his child studying in a Nigerian uni (for whatever reason) is a good thing and I havent done anything wrong by saying that. Please allow me with my mentality, I wouldnt intrude into yours. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
The only mentality I've displayed here is the compulsion to see white and call it white, I'm sorry I dont buy into your emotional irrational ideology of hating and castigating everything about a person simply because the person isnt clean. I'm not a Fayose fan and I never was; but his child studying in a Nigerian uni (for whatever reason) is a good thing and I havent done anything wrong by saying that. Please allow me with my mentality, I wouldnt intrude into yours. Thanks.

I should allow you your mentality. grin. Even though it's phucked up? Guy, this is not how normal people think na. You all collectively need to change it for your own good. Or haven't you seen the effect of your mentality on your society? Do you like it?
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by donval2121(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Congrats to him. Fayaso a True Nigerian. His Children schooling in Nigeria unlike other Politicians who send the wards abroad for schooling. I love you my Man
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by apex404: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
[color=#990000]leadership by good example, others should emulate him. if our leaders had their wards in schools in Nigeria the issue of improper funding will be a thing of the past.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Iduatei(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Convenant University is as expensive as foreign unis.......he no see Ekiti state uni, OAU, UNILAG et.al?

Proper saddist
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Jaqenhghar: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
You dont seem to get the point, we arent talking about ordinary businessmen here, we are talking about govt officials (past and present) who have stolen moneys meant for public roads, hospitals, schools, refineries etc. and used the proceeds to create businesses in foreign lands; that is totally callous.

And then again, while profit is the main driver for genuine businessmen all over the world, and while businessmen reserve the exclusive rights to set up their businesses anywhere they chose, patriotism also entails putting the welfare of your country first before your personal gains. As all fingers are not equal, so also is everyone's level of patriotism not equal. So yeah, American businessmen setting up businesses abroad reserve the rights to do that for their own convinience, but that doesnt make them more patriotic than the other businessman who defied the high taxes and still set up his business in the US even when he had the choice to go elsewhere.

So let me get this straight
Looting becomes patriotism when the looter reinvests the ill gotten wealth in his/her home country irresepective of the fact that the profits still enter his /her pockets... very smart
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

I should allow you your mentality. grin. Even though it's phucked up? Guy, this is not how normal people think na. You all collectively need to change it for your own good. Or haven't you seen the effect of your mentality on your society? Do you like it?
Ahhh! shocked grin

Oga you are clearly the only one with the abnormal mentality here and it isnt surprising that you cant tell. A mentality which forces you to hate and criticise any and everything about a person simply because the person possesses some dishonourable characteristics, is that the sort of immature mentality you pride in as a bright solution to the myriad of social problems in Africa?

I'm sorry bro, but a mentality which compels you to be deliberately dishonest, lying to yourself and society, attacking people who state simple facts and seeing WHITE and call it BLACK, that is obviously a fvcked up way to reason and that will definitely not cleanse any society.

Meanwhile I only told you to allow me to my own devices because I am quite sure a person with your ideology cannot be tutored or convinced to see how irrational their thought process is; so I just settled for a stalemate there.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

So let me get this straight
Looting becomes patriotism when the looter reinvests the ill gotten wealth in his/her home country irresepective of the fact that the profits still enter his /her pockets... very smart
A good example of patriotism is when you consider 'country' before personal profits. And YES, even a thief can exhibit patriotic traits or carry out patriotic actions. But that a thief exhibits patriotic traits, that doesnt mean stealing is good; I'm surprised I have to actually explain this to anyone? undecided
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
Ahhh! shocked grin

Oga you are clearly the only one with the abnormal mentality here and it isnt surprising that you cant tell. A mentality which forces you to hate and criticise any and everything about a person simply because the person possesses some dishonourable characteristics, is that the sort of immature mentality you pride in as a bright solution to the myriad of social problems in Africa?

I'm sorry bro, but a mentality which compels you to be deliberately dishonest, lying to yourself and society, attacking people who state simple facts and seeing WHITE and call it BLACK, that is obviously a fvcked up way to reason and that will definitely not cleanse any society.

Meanwhile I only told you to allow me to my own devices because I am quite sure a person with your ideology cannot be tutored or convinced to see how irrational their thought process is; so I just settled for a stalemate there.

You are confusing blunt criticism with hate. You deserve to face the truth since you don't like to tell yourself one. I lie about how your mentality has influenced the deplorable state of your country right? Ok. Please list five things you are proud of as a Nigerian. And I don't want hear about jollof rice and how you are the best at it grin. I want to hear about infrastructure, security and prospects. You just don't get it hence you predicament as a Nigerian. You wonder why you are not moving forward. What do you think happens when a people think a certain way which has completely destroyed every facet of their society? They perpetuate the rot because they don't know another way. They are too used to the status quo hence your fierce and vigorous defense of it. It's a pity. And i'll be waiting for the list.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

You are confusing blunt criticism with hate. You deserve to face the truth since you don't like to tell yourself one. I lie about how your mentality has influenced the deplorable state of your country right? Ok. Please list five things you are proud of as a Nigerian. And I don't want hear about jollof rice and how you are the best at it grin. I want to hear about infrastructure, security and prospects. You just don't get it hence you predicament as a Nigerian. You wonder why you are not moving forward. What do you think happens when a people think a certain way which has completely destroyed every facet of their society? They perpetuate the rot because they don't know another way. They are too used to the status quo hence your fierce and vigorous defense of it. It's a pity. And i'll be waiting for the list.
And so because things arent so good in Nigeria, so therefore your bright solution is for me to compulsively criticise every single thing, including seeing something which is clearly white and calling it black in my bid to criticise too right?.... Is that the sort of ideology you aggressively promote as a virtue which can bring Nigeria out of its present quagmire?.. Na wa for oversabi undecided
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
And so because things arent so good in Nigeria, so therefore your bright solution is for me to compulsively criticise every single thing, including seeing something which is clearly white and calling it black in my bid to criticise too right?.... Is that the sort of ideology you aggressively promote as a virtue which can bring Nigeria out of its present quagmire?.. Na wa for oversabi undecided

It is not just a bright solution, it is your only solution at this point. Obviously you have zero managerial skills/experience or you would know this. When an employee is incompetent and underperforming, you either give him/her a strongly worded counseling either verbal or written and when that does not work you get rid of them. Don't just take my word for it. Great leaders know this. Ask Alex ferguson. In his book he said one of the reasons he was so successful was that he had a policy of getting rid of players who did not fit into the team mentality or were too big for him to control. In order words they were surplus to requirements or positive plans. I know this is too deep for you but take your time. It will eventually sink in.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

It is not just a bright solution, it is your only solution at this point. Obviously you have zero managerial skills/experience or you would know this. When an employee is incompetent and underperforming, you either give him/her a strongly worded counseling either verbal or written and when that does not work you get rid of them. Don't just take my word for it. Great leaders know this. Ask Alex ferguson. In his book he said one of the reasons he was so successful was that he had a policy of getting rid of players who did not fit into the team mentality or were too big for him to control. In order words they were surplus to requirements or positive plans. I know this is too deep for you but take your time. It will eventually sink in.
I guess it was too deep for you to understand too, hence you have a warped interpretation of it. Go back to the same Alex Ferguson, I'm sure he never labelled a 'winning' goal scored by a poorly-performing player as 'offside' all in a bid to destructively criticise the player to improve. No way! Ferguson wouldnt do that, and you know why?... It's cos he knows it's a dumb thing to do.

The managerial books you read, you probably lack the ability to understamd the thinhs you are reading. Hence you think the best way to spur a poorly performing employeee to perfomance is to see something wgich is glaringly WHITE and then term it BLACK. Very poor management skillss...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Stbottle(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Is he spending your money?? Get off his case jare, as if you wnt send your ward if you had the money
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
obailala:
I guess it was too deep for you to understand too, hence you have a warped interpretation of it. Go back to the same Alex Ferguson, I'm sure he never labelled a 'winning' goal scored by a poorly-performing player as 'offside' all in a bid to destructively criticise the player to improve. No way! Ferguson wouldnt do that, and you know why?... It's cos he knows it's a dumb thing to do.

The managerial books you read, you probably lack the ability to understamd the thinhs you are reading. Hence you think the best way to spur a poorly performing employeee to perfomance is to see something wgich is glaringly WHITE and then term it BLACK. Very poor management skillss...

Lol. I think I understand it pretty well. You see I even implement it in my daily life. It is a policy in the army. We counsel underperforming soldiers and if they don't change we chapter them out. You see, I don't just talk the talk, I walk it. You on the other hand are used to to low standards and rubbish hence your defense of it. What a lovely country you are all building. And I'm still waiting for the list.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

Lol. I think I understand it pretty well. You see I even implement it in my daily life. It is a policy in the army. We counsel underperforming soldiers and if they don't change we chapter them out. You see, I don't just talk the talk, I walk it. You on the other hand are used to to low standards and rubbish hence your defense of it. What a lovely country you are all building. And I'm still waiting for the list.
If I remember, my point was simply that Fayose's children schooling in Nigeria is commendable. So now over to you, what exactly have you even been blabbing about all day? undecided

You counsel underperforming soldiers, you chapter them out, you criticise performance etc, Like seriously, what on earth does all these have to do with my original comment and this thread in general?... You begin to make me wonder how old you are. Heck! Why/how have I been responding to all this? undecided

You know what?... I'm an idiot, you win! Carry go!
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by banmee(m): 1:52am On Jul 23, 2017
obailala:
If I remember, my point was simply that Fayose's children schooling in Nigeria is commendable. So now over to you, what exactly have you even been blabbing about all day? undecided

You counsel underperforming soldiers, you chapter them out, you criticise performance etc, Like seriously, what on earth does all these have to do with my original comment and this thread in general?... You begin to make me wonder how old you are. Heck! Why/how have I been responding to all this? undecided

You know what?... I'm an idiot, you win! Carry go!

What i have been blabbing about is this; Your minds generally are simple minds in Nigeria which is why it is easy to take advantage of you. When you have an incompetent leader who is also corrupt, all you should be talking about is how to get rid of him. You don't go about talking positively about him for any reason. This is too simple. Take a cue from normal countries. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. god or whatever imaginary being you believe in help all of you.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by nypdinc: 5:49am On Jul 23, 2017
#istandwithfayose
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 6:32am On Jul 23, 2017
banmee:

What i have been blabbing about is this; Your minds generally are simple minds in Nigeria which is why it is easy to take advantage of you. When you have an incompetent leader who is also corrupt, all you should be talking about is how to get rid of him. You don't go about talking positively about him for any reason. This is too simple. Take a cue from normal countries. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. god or whatever imaginary being you believe in help all of you.
Abeg u win... let me be
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by corpershun: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
obailala:
Abeg u win... let me be

I was actually enjoying you guys debate and you were spot on... the fact a dirty person wears white doesn't mean we should term it black.

As if the Americans have been able to improve the morality of Trump by all the criticisms.

Fayose did right and whether he's evil as a governor isn't the bone of contention but the fact that he practiced what we've been clamouring for... #BuyNaijatogrowNaija. If every governor in the 36 states did just this, the commissioners would and then a circle is created before you know it, a LGA ward in a federal school would come home and tell his father how bad his school is and a change is implemented.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by obailala(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
corpershun:

I was actually enjoying you guys debate and you were spot on... the fact a dirty person wears white doesn't mean we should term it black.

As if the Americans have been able to improve the morality of Trump by all the criticisms.

Fayose did right and whether he's evil as a governor isn't the bone of contention but the fact that he practiced what we've been clamouring for... #BuyNaijatogrowNaija. If every governor in the 36 states did just this, the commissioners would and then a circle is created before you know it, a LGA ward in a federal school would come home and tell his father how bad his school is and a change is implemented.
God bless you for this! I couldn't have explained it better. Criticising leaders to make them sit up does not mean we should throw away the baby with the bath water. Fayose may be as bad as they come, but he did something which I believe is commendable (i.e. #BuyNaijatogrowNaija), and there's absolutely nothing wrong in me admitting this openly. But apparently, the other dude views life differently, I respect that because I know everyone can't have similar ideologies.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
obailala:

Guy if you are not a lawyer then u don miss ur calling cheesy nice response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir El-Rufai: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Locked Up In A Cell With A Cow / Adams Oshiomhole's Pretty Wife Stuns In Red At A Meeting In Washington / CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.