Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC (48015 Views)

Peter Obi, Jimi Agbaje Storm Alaba International Market - Photos / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dainfamous:
is this tallest building in VI Lagos own by Yoruba?why do you like to hate successful people like The igbos,you guys must be sad in real life full of hopelessness

Why should i envy people hawking gala in my land? Your girls leave your villages to come here to do ashawo, so why should i envy such people?

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

You are an hypocrite, first you said there's no place where non indigenes are dominant in the east,

After you were shown that of abakpa in Ebonyi State, then you switched to anybody contesting must have contributed something to its environment

Now you are claiming non indigenes can only contest in lagos and not abakaliki because lagos is the melting point of Nigerians.
First i will take that hypocrite is a new word you just discovered.
What if i call you a Nincompoop.
Ok,that's settled.
Do hausa people dominate abakpa and what significant influence and contribution have they made in abakpa and Ebonyi state?
Non natives can contest in any part of Nigeria where they dominate the members of the host communities and are equal contributors like the Igbos of Lagos.
Have you wondered why you wouldn't find an Igbo or Yoruba contesting in Yobe?
Simply because they don't have a strong presence and significant contributions to that region.
I am tired of explaining to a irredemable Nincompoop!

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Dainfamous: 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Why should i envy people hawking gala in my land? Your girls leave your villages to come here to do ashawo, so why should i envy such people?
Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria your oshogbo villages did not contributed towards the development of Lagos.My village elele has 18 oil wells that can feed the entire region but we don't use that to belittle Yoruba people,third mainland bridge all these infrastructure was built with oil money not skull mining,incests,badoo etc

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by perez100: 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Cut off oil flow and those elective posts becomes useless. Afonja contribute nothing. So, keep quiet or we divide.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

You will still claim you didn't insult anyone.
Like i have pointed above,there are factors that must be in place before such elective posts are given up to non natives.
The factors obtainable in Lagos does not exist in Ebonyi.
Show me Hausa men that has established chains of businesses, properties in Ebonyi like the Igbos (the average Hausa doesn't invest in Igbo land) and the yoruba hardly migrate) or individuals with the pedigree that Igbos have made in Lagos.
Of course,not every Hausa is a Shoe cobbler but apart from Hausa Corpers, the rest of them that migrate to Igbo land are hardly educated and can't take over leadership amongst people that are highly educated. Sorry!
I don't prefer Igbos contesting, rather, igbos are contesting because they have stamped their feets and left an undeniable imprint in Lagos. They earned the right to contest!
I have not heard of any Igbo contesting in Zamfara or Osun.
Think and stop writing nonesense!
Continue in your hypocrisy. So the Hausa man that contested in ebonyi state is an illiterate? U people are just lucky that Lagos and other south west states are liberal. U are taking advantage of their openness. There will be a day when they are fed up

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
perez100:
Cut off oil flow and those elective posts becomes useless. Afonja contribute nothing. So, keep quiet or we divide.
What does the 5 south east state contribute? The south east is as useless as a desert

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

No, you tell me the antecedents of igbos in pre and post independence era in lagos state... Lol. .. all these your lies no longer work... infact there's a myth bursting thread on nairaland... Your folks were shocked.... there is more to hawking of galas, love peddling work in which your people do here in lagos.

Huge chunk of lagos state's IGR is from PAYE... So tell me your contributions to lagos state that has earned you the right to contest
Don't reduce it to hawking simply cos you are searching for a narrative to cover up your resentment for igbos.
A good number of architectural edifices, top hotels, estates and business establishments were they built by your Village people or Igbos? Lol.
Let the Alaba boys close down for a week,let see if Nigeria wouldn't close down forcefully.
No, i've not even started with the Educational sector, civil service and the educated igbos in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why do they call themselves "Igbo Coalition in APC"?

This in itself is an admission that Igbo as a minority in national politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Don't reduce it to hawking simply cos you are searching for a narrative to cover up your resentment for igbos.
A good number of architectural edifices, top hotels, estates and business establishments were they built by your Village people or Igbos? Lol.
Let the Alaba boys close down for a week,let see if Nigeria wouldn't close down forcefully.
No, i've not even started with the Educational sector, civil service and the educated igbos in Lagos.

Name the top and popular edifices and hotels and landmarks built by Igbos in Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Ok,that's settled.
Do hausa people dominate abakpa and what significant influence and contribution have they made in abakpa and Ebonyi state?
Non natives can contest in any part of Nigeria where they dominate the members of the host communities and are equal contributors like the Igbos of Lagos.
Simply because they don't have a strong presence and significant contributions to that region.

See, you are a fool.. How many times do you want me to tell you hausas dominate abakpa? Are you naturally daft or you just decided to be daft? You keep repeating the same questions even after the questions have been answered.

For the last time

Hausas dominate abakpa ward 1 in Ebonyi State and a certain alhaji Sanusi mohammed decided to contest for a councillorship seat in abakpa, your people responded by calling it an abomination and vowed to ensure he doesn't get there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Ok,that's settled.
Hypocrite. It does not matter if any tribe contribute massively or not in an area, as long as they have a significant population and some educated people, they have the right to vie for any political position. Whether Hausa or not

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

Continue in your hypocrisy. So the Hausa man that contested in ebonyi state is an illiterate? U people are just lucky that Lagos and other south west states are liberal. U are taking advantage of their openness. There will be a day when they are fed up
Lagos was a former capital of Nigeria cum commercial region therefore it became a melting point early in Nigeria's history.
Lagos didn't make itself irrespective of the fact that it is a Yoruba land.
It is the people from different regions and diverse facets of life that made it what it is today and pushed it to be liberal enough to accomodate everyone including foreigners. Lagos strenght lies in its diversity not because your village people are accomodating.
There is no other place as diverse and productive as Lagos, although other cities are just coming up.

Quit wallowing in bigotry!

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

See, you are a fool.. How many times do you want me to tell you hausas dominate abakpa? Are you naturally daft or you just decided to be daft? You keep repeating the same questions even after the questions have been answered.

For the last time

Hausas dominate abakpa ward 1 in Ebonyi State and a certain alhaji Sanusi mohammed decided to contest for a councillorship seat in abakpa, your people responded by calling it an abomination and vowed to ensure he doesn't get there.
Don't mind that fool. Hypocrites are the most disgusting people on earth

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

We are already fed up, and they know it. This is why they are falling over themselves now to do what pleases us, different from last election when they openly dared us. You can hear the Chairman telling them to put their business first! It doesnt cost the state anything to take over Alaba and demolish it for new development consistent with the desire for renewal and growth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

Hypocrite. It does not matter if any tribe contribute massively or not in an area, as long as they have a significant population and some educated people, they have the right to vie for any political position. Whether Hausa or not
How many Hausa in igboland are educated not to talk of contributing positively to the affairs of the region?
Will you let an illiterate tomato seller run the affairs of any sensitive part of your village?
Anyway i wouldn't be surprise if you let them,afterall,you are biased towards the northern masters.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Lagos was a former capital of Nigeria cum commercial region therefore it became a melting point early in Nigeria's history.
It is the people from different regions and diverse facets of life that made it what it is today and pushed it to be liberal enough to accomodate everyone including foreigners. Lagos strenght lies in its diversity not because your village people are accomodating.
There is no other place as diverse and productive as Lagos, although other cities are just coming up.

Hahahaha, now u have shift goal post. Now it's how Lagos was a former capital, and because this they are diverse. Keep deceiving urself. It does not change the fact that Lagos is owned by Yoruba and they can stop igbos political ambitions in the state of they like

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by tifany89(m): 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
Can I, as a westerner, go to the east to vie for a political post
Yes you can but the question remains do u have supporters? I can see some Ignorant people posting nonsense up there, those areas are Igbo dominated and the constitution covers their right to vote and be voted for or do u think its yorubas that are voting them into power? Just take your time to read the write up and you will get a clear understanding

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Lagos Island was the capital, not Lagos State. Besides, the authority of the capital was a tenant, not an owner. That tenant has since departed and left to Abuja. The children it left behind are living in Lagos at the courtesy and magnanimity of Yorubas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by cumbak60: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

shey you been say you don repent from tribalistic post undecided
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

Hahahaha, now u have shift goal post. Now it's how Lagos was a former capital, and because this they are diverse. Keep deceiving urself. It does not change the fact that Lagos is owned by Yoruba and they can stop igbos political ambitions in the state of they like
Most state capital or commercial nerve zone in the world is diverse and more progressive.
Abuja, Accra, Cotonou(trade) etc.
Go and sit down biko!

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

How many Hausa in igboland are educated not to talk of contributing positively to the affairs of the region?
Will you let an illiterate tomato seller run the affairs of any sensitive part of your village?
Anyway i wouldn't be surprise if you let them,afterall,you are biased towards the northern masters.
So every Hausa man in igboland is an illitatrate? What about the Hausa man that contested in ebonyi state? Is he an illiterate also? U are a bigot. U have bad view of Hausa people. U believe all of them are illitatrate that don't deserve anything. U think igbos are supreme. Don't worry, there will be a day when ur host community will get fed up with ur antics.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Nope, I can't do without talking about what you guys do here in the south west... Hawking business is the largest business dominated by Igbos in South west.. So why should gala hawkers claim they developed lagos with their gala business?

Besides that, we don't want alaba boys to shut down instead we want those vermins littering our space completely out of our lands ..

Meanwhile I'm waiting for that your antecedents of igbos in pre and post independence era of lagos.. . list your contributions...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dainfamous:
Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria your oshogbo villages did not contributed towards the development of Lagos.My village elele has 18 oil wells that can feed the entire region but we don't use that to belittle Yoruba people,third mainland bridge all these infrastructure was built with oil money not skull mining,incests,badoo etc

Was the oil mined in Igboland?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bros, Mcowubaba

Oga, have any of your family members or friends tried to buy Land in Igboland, we didn't sell because you are Yoruba, Answer the damn question, nd stop beating around the bush, I guess No

Yes, my uncle.

You just join ignorant people to say Igbos don't sell land to other Tribes, so much for your logical reasoning and intelligence.
I am telling you right now, are you interested in buying land in Imo state or even Abia State, Pm me let's discuss, or keep quiet on this matter for the rest of your uninformed ignorant life.
You guys are confused, you preach One freaking Nigeria and still turn around to call yourselves Host, Kilode naa..

Expect my pm later in the day. I have someone in Aba who wants to buy.

What/who are you hosting undecided foreigners?

Most of you are as misguided as an average IPOB member, no difference, you guys think alike.

How do Yorubas host Igbos in Lagos, do you know what hosting someone means?

Definition of host
a : one that receives or entertains guests socially, commercially, or officially
Eg, were greeted at the door by our host
ourself will mingle with society and play the humble host — William Shakespeare

b : one that provides facilities for an event or function Eg, our college served as host for the basketball tournament
So I ask again how are Yorubas hosting Igbos in Lagos, what do your people give Igbos when the arrive Lagos undecided please educate me, I maybe ignorant in this

Because when we came to Lagos, I paid for every damn thing with my MONEY, NOTHING was given to me free, instead I was even harassed by Omo oniles at various times when we were building or trying to engage in some business.
You guys chest beat equally like Igbos, no difference, you just stay in your one room and start saying you're hosting Igbos grin, ogbeni go sleep for one corner jare.

You made a thorough research on host. Good of you, now let me ask how about an Igbo governor/government appointing a yoruba man/woman in their cabinet. Can you reference one since the ardent of democracy from 1999?

About omo oriles, I condemn their act which is very disgraceful however ask yourself why other tribes find it difficult to troop into your region against you people coming to the SW.

You say other Tribes dominate Lagos, firstly I don't really like the word dominate, I feel it's too strong and sentimental, all I said is that Igbos have a significant population in Lagos, you are the person who brought up domination, even at that, please which other Tribe "dominate"Lagos more than Igbos and Yorubas

And why do you think that their noise will be much, how many are they, how do the dominate Lagos , Mbok educate me, don't run away, I'm waiting for your reply, I'm ready for your ignorance today, Shame on you if you run away grin

If you understand adjective well, it can form various meaning in a sentence even though it portrays a primary meaning. The way I used the word "dominate" does not mean conquer but the show the population distribution of people from diverse culture in a territory.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dainfamous:

Your village can feed the entire region and yet you decided to do rural-urban migration to the west to hawk gala?

Plenty people mad for nairaland sha

7 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Nope, I can't do without talking about what you guys do here in the south west... Hawking business is the largest business dominated by Igbos in South west.. So why should gala hawkers claim they developed lagos with their gala business?

Besides that, we don't want alaba boys to shut down instead we want those vermins littering our space completely out of our lands ..

Meanwhile I'm waiting for that your antecedents of igbos in pre and post independence era of lagos.. . list your contributions...
Lol, unless you are claiming selective amnesia, you should n't be asking about Igbos contributions in Lagos.
It's self evident. Lagos was not built by any single ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Most state capital or commercial nerve zone in the world is diverse and more progressive.
Go and sit down biko!
And diversitiy is begging to come in ebonyi state, but u people blocked it, u want to benefit from the diversity of the south west while blocking urs from non igbos like in the case of that Hausa man that contested in ebonyi. Hypocrites.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Go and sit down biko!

You are not the right ethnicity to teach about diversity. Igbos have always been a hostile culture to diversity. Ibadan, Ilorin, Abeokuta, Lagos, read their pre-Nigeria history to learn about the diverse cultures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Lol, unless you are claiming selective amnesia, you should n't be asking about Igbos contributions in Lagos.
It's self evident. Lagos was not built by any single ethnic group
u are deluded. Yoruba is at least 80 percent of Lagos, they largely developed the state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

And diversitiy is begging to come in ebonyi state, but u people blocked it, u want to benefit from the diversity of the south west while blocking urs from non igbos like in the case of that Hausa man that contested in ebonyi. Hypocrites.
Diversity of Lagos which everyone has contributed to.
Who blocked a Nincompoop like you from coming to the East?

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

It's self evident. Lagos was not built by any single ethnic group.

Lagos was built by Yorubas. If you want to be schooled about the history of Lagos and its developments, stage by stage, epoch by epoch, including political structure, traditional heirarchies, social elitism, I would be more than happy to oblige you. It would declare for you once and for all that though Igbo has been living in Lagos for a long time, those that came behind you have gained permanent foothold in Lagos while you continue to struggle and beg for recognition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

u are deluded. Yoruba is at least 80 percent of Lagos, they largely developed the state
I never said Lagos is not yoruba land but the exploits of Lagos was made possible by the social-economic diversity of its inhabitants and it's place within the political annals of the colonial /post colonial era.
Dumb kids on nairaland.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Atiku Wins In 10 Local Governments In Ondo (Official Results) / DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide / Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.