Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,588 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC (48575 Views)

Peter Obi, Jimi Agbaje Storm Alaba International Market - Photos / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by perez100: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
@Victovez, Ok let Afonja support Nigeria break up and see Lagos becoming a shadow. No oil companies headquarters etc.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Diversity of Lagos which everyone has contributed to.
Who blocked a Nincompoop like you from coming to the East?
Everything starts in a day. The diversity and openness of Lagos state started in a day. But u people in the east don't want it. U want to benefit from the diversity of the south west, while u all want to shut down every non-igbos down in the south east. U are an hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Diversity of Lagos which everyone has contributed to.
Who blocked a Nincompoop like you from coming to the East?

Actually yorubas don't do Urban-Rural migration. So you can't expect us to go to where our tenants ran away from... Ngozi wey dey brothel for abeokuta sabi d reason why she comot village . But hausas staying in abakpa in Ebonyi State wants to contribute to the diversity but you guys said it's an abomination

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Lagos was built by Yorubas. If you want to be schooled about the history of Lagos and its developments, stage by stage, epoch by epoch, including political structure, traditional heirarchies, social elitism, I would be more than happy to oblige you. It would declare for you once and for all that though Igbo has been living in Lagos for a long time, those that came behind you have gained permanent foothold in Lagos while you continue to struggle and beg for recognition.
We aren't arguing about the historic achievements of Lagos natives.
This argument is on the diversity that has built the Modern Lagos state which every Nigerian citizen can proudly celebrate.
No, Lagos was not built solely by the Yorubas irrespective of it's location on yoruba land.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
perez100:
@Victovez, Ok let Afonja support Nigeria break up and see Lagos becoming a shadow. No oil companies headquarters etc.
The south south is not Biafra. If u igbos have ur Biafra, which will definitely be the 5 south east state, our massive oil resources will be intact, while the south east will go with the insignificant tiny oil they have

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
Can I, as a westerner, go to the east to vie for a political post
yes you can...but you won't probably do that because you've never believed in Nigeria hence don't have any single investment in the East

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Lol, unless you are claiming selective amnesia, you should n't be asking about Igbos contributions in Lagos.
It's self evident. Lagos was not built by any single ethnic group.

Lagos was built by yorubas... I have asked you this question so many times.. Tell us the contributions of igbos in lagos? Lagos generates huge chunk of it's IGR from PAYE not 2*2 corner shops

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Lagos was built by Yorubas. If you want to be schooled about the history of Lagos and its developments, stage by stage, epoch by epoch, including political structure, traditional heirarchies, social elitism, I would be more than happy to oblige you. It would declare for you once and for all that though Igbo has been living in Lagos for a long time, those that came behind you have gained permanent foothold in Lagos while you continue to struggle and beg for recognition.
We aren't arguing about the historic achievements of Lagos natives.
This argument is on the diversity that has built the Modern Lagos state which every Nigerian citizen can proudly celebrate.
A good number of famous establishments in Lagos are not owned or built by yorubas.
No, Lagos was not built solely by the Yorubas irrespective of it's location on yoruba land.
What makes a great society is the level of development and civility of its citizens not the traditional owners of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by slendxy: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I never said Lagos is not yoruba land but the exploits of Lagos was made possible by the social-economic diversity of its inhabitants and it's place within the political annals of the colonial /post colonial era.
Dumb kids on nairaland.

Shebi tomorrow Abuja indigenes will come out to say they made Abuja what it is today because it is their ancestral land.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

The south south is not Biafra. If u igbos have ur Biafra, which will definitely be the 5 south east state, our massive oil resources will be intact, while the south east will go with the insignificant tiny oil they have
mr. Boy sharap..go and ask your parents to tell you what you don't know..oil is now being discovered everywhere even in the northern region ...hence has nothing to do with the struggle...what has your oil done for you and your family??even common sense it couldn't give you ...how many people in that your nonexistent region own the oil blocs?because its free to type here doesn't mean you should always type nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Actually yorubas don't do Urban-Rural migration. So you can't expect us to go to where our tenants ran away from... Ngozi wey dey brothel for abeokuta sabi d reason why she comot village . But hausas staying in abakpa in Ebonyi State wants to contribute to the diversity but you guys said it's an abomination
Apart from Lagos state which has the imprints of Nigerian's diversity, show me another Yoruba city that can stand shoulder to shoulder with any city in the South East.
A child that has not been around will say his father's farm is bigger.
For the Igbos, travelling and migrating is purely business motivated, it doesn't mean the South East is not developed.
A good number of people in the South East are actually more urbanized than any part of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by ostarlink: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why should we always talk about who is an indigene and who is not. I thought Nigeria belongs to all of us
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
BADNEAT:
mr. Boy sharap..go and ask your parents to tell you what you don't know..oil is now being discovered everywhere even in the northern region ...hence has nothing to do with the struggle...what has your oil done for you and your family??even common sense it couldn't give you ...how many people in that your nonexistent region own the oil blocs?because its free to type here doesn't mean you should always type nonsense
Shut up ur smelling mouth. U are deeply pained that if u managed to get Biafra it will definitely be the 5 unproductive south east state. I feel ur pain my Ipob Jewish brother

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
slendxy:

Shebi tomorrow Abuja indigenes will come out to say they made Abuja what it is today because it is their ancestral land.
I wonder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Dainfamous: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Your village can feed the entire region and yet you decided to do rural-urban migration to the west to hawk gala?

Plenty people mad for nairaland sha
elele in rivers state is one of the biggest oil communities in rivers sometimes your people reason like illiterates you forgot that my village feed your region

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by DrObum(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

Baba, You have spoken well because judging from the recent hatred words oozing from ipob members in the east hence enough to stop them from holding any political office outside their zones. You should know by now some of them want to eat their cake and have it back. Even if that wants to happen, no need to spew hateful words to your hosts forgetting you will need them in future. Can any tribe go to east to contest for political office? Let's even start from land purchase, they won't sell their land to non indigenes let alone from another tribe.

However according to the law, they have the right to contest for electoral post even now that it's happening in a domain dominated by them.

I have some handful liberal igbo friends in amuwo Odofin, Ojo, festac who seriously hate the recent agitation to secede giving strong instance to why one Nigeria would benefit them more than biafra.

Oga, how many times have you gone to the east with your money to buy land in a place that other people are doing same and they refused to sell to you because you are not from there.
You people just hide behind keypads and type unfounded allegations. The Igbo man doesn't care about who you are, as long as you pay him his money, him no send!
Most of you people peddling these allegations have never attempted to leave your region and someone else left his, came to your place, worked hard to get what he now owns, not even like you gave him free land and you wake up one day to ask how many plots of land your people own in his village.

The road to the east is wide open and everyone is welcomed oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
OduduwaYoruba:
APC be careful, hausa fulani know these unpredictable people more than you and they keep them at arm's length, they never give them chance to operate in Kano but we allowed them to be yet they abuse Yoruba silly and slogan "Lagos is no man's land. I ofe nmanu hate Biafra with passion.

Thank you. If any Igbo man owns any property in the core north that property is inside the 'Sabongari' of the respective town/city. They are kept at arms length and you hardly see an Igbo man abuse Hausa/Fulani. They despise and them and hold them in contempt but they dare not say it out.

The Yoruba's welcome Igbo with open arms not just in Lagos but all over the Yoruba nation you find Igbo people owning choice property and deeply entrenched in the traditional & economic life of such communities even deep in the hinterland like Ife, Akoko, Owo etc. (there are places in Ibo land where you will never get property to buy as a stranger they just freeze you out)

Yet all you will hear is Yoruba is dirty, Yoruba is treacherous, Yoruba is cowardly. But they will never leave Yoruba land, they will stay there and prosper and raise their children successfully. There is hardly any Ibo you see that doesnt speak either Yoruba or Hausa too because they were brought up in these places. They gave you the space and you prospered. Yet you continue to despise them and you will never leave.

Nobody can eat his cake and still have it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Apart from Lagos state which has the imprints of Nigerian's diversity, show me another Yoruba city that can stand shoulder to shoulder with any city in the South East.
A child that has not been around will say his father's farm is bigger.
For the Igbos, travelling and migrating is purely business motivated, it doesn't mean the South East is not developed.
A good number of people in the South East are actually more urbanized than any part of Nigeria.

One of the reasons why I'm happy being a Yoruba is because we have developed our land to the extent that we hardly migrate in search of greener pastures. . We believe we can make it here in our land, we have systematically diversified our economy to the extent that we control every aspect of the Nigerian economy.. A yoruba man can't just leave his village and decides to go to Aba when people from Aba are here in the south west complaining how life is difficult over there. .. That's why i said we don't do Urban-Rural migration. .. We had the first television station in West Africa at Ibadan even before France had its own... Awolowo had the foresight to build industrial Estates in ikeja, we had the tallest building in West Africa then built with proceeds from the sales of cocoa. .

So tell me why we need to start migrating to igbo villages when we have all the things you guys dream of having

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dainfamous:
elele in rivers state is one of the biggest oil communities in rivers sometimes your people reason like illiterates you forgot that my village feed your region

How can elele feed my region when Ogun state alone generated more money as IGR than the total it received as allocation.

Ogun state is the mining and industrial capital of this country... one of the states along with lagos that can survive without oil money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by perez100: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
What is our massive oil? Thief! Are Obigbo, Egbema, Etche, Elele etc in Rivers with over 1000 oil wells not Igboland? Afonja parasites need Igbo oil yet want Igbo out of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
perez100:
What is our massive oil? Thief! Are Obigbo, Egbema, Etche etc in Rivers with over 800 oil wells not Igboland! Afonja parasites want Igbo oil.
Lol, we will see how u will take those territories without war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by perez100: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
@Sopho..., stop crying. If Afonja want Igbo to leave their land, then let them support referendum. Simple.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Mcowubaba: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:
Bros, Mcowubaba

Yes, my uncle.

Expect my pm later in the day. I have someone in Aba who wants to buy.

You made a thorough research on host. Good of you, now let me ask how about an Igbo governor/government appointing a yoruba man/woman in their cabinet. Can you reference one since the ardent of democracy from 1999?

About omo oriles, I condemn their act which is very disgraceful however ask yourself why other tribes find it difficult to troop into your region against you people coming to the SW.

If you understand adjective well, it can form various meaning in a sentence even though it portrays a primary meaning. The way I used the word "dominate" does not mean conquer but the show the population distribution of people from diverse culture in a territory.

So you had to lie, just to prove a point, your Uncle was not able to buy a land in Igboland because he was a Yoruba man, I hear you
Please which state and LGA did this happen? And when?

I'm strongly waiting for your PM, don't disappear or disappoint, but if you're just trolling, don't bother sending me any Pm, I don't have time for jokes.

How many Yoruba Governors have appointed Igbo people?, and how many Yoruba states? Isn't it the usual LAGOS, and I believe we have justified this issue.

How many Yorubas are resident in Igbo states, where will the Igbo Governors appoint them from undecided, probably the will stroll to Akure and pick up one Bamidele Bankole and bring him to Ebonyi state to be Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health. undecided

Oga, be logical for once.
Igbos are highly populated in places the are appointed or elected, this is not nuclear physics, it's as simple as ABCD.
Lagos is a strategic place in Nigeria, no state can compare with Lagos, it has been structured since it's creation to be the economic hub of Nigeria, and luckily for Yorubas, Lagos is their Geopolitical land..
Now, Igbos are economic and business enthusiasts, so naturally Lagos is an abode for them.

Stop deceiving yourself that Igbos are tropping to South West, which kind south west undecided, say LAGOS.
one state in the South west, how many Igbos are in Osun state, Ekiti State, Oyo state undecided, do Igbos contest elections there too?, are Igbos appointed into political offices there undecided

Pls educate me!!!

Many Nigerians can't do without Lagos, I have explained this in another thread before, everything in Nigeria is concentrated on Lagos which is very bad
? Do you know that no Nigerian living in Nigeria can get a USA visa without coming to Lagos or sometimes Abuja
Do you know that, no Nigerian can import anything on sea without using Apapa seaport?
Do you know that most international Flights only depart and arrive in Lagos MM2
I can give you over 20 reasons why we come to Lagos, we are not really happy about this, that's why everyone is shouting Restructure, Biafra etc

Because of this lopsided Country, and Note the money used to develop Lagos, wasn't only from YORUBA ETHNIC GROUP, Niger Delta oil, other Government Revenues which is Nigeria's collective wealth was Channeled to Lagos, it was even a Capital before.

Oil exploration in Niger Delta degrading their environment, while Oil company headquarters in Lagos grin, nd you're asking why people come to Lagos, and BTW Igbos are natural entrepreneurs or small business owners, the are nomadic in Business, the move around investing and settling down anywhere the find their feet.

Yoruba are not like that, you guys are not really into nomadic business, by nomadic I don't mean rearing cattle, I Mean movement..

Yorubas don't even travel out of their region, the are the least traveled tribe amongst the 3 major Tribes in Nigeria, I'm talking about Traveling to other states in Nigeria, not Abroad.

The just stay in their region and be hosting and accommodating everybody grin grin, or the move to Peckham, London to continue hosting Britons.

I asked you to mention the tribe that you claimed dominate Lagos (nd don't make noise) more than Igbos and Yorubas, you started to talk about Adjectives and pronouns undecided

Don't be ashamed of Omo oniles, the are part of your people's hospitality and accommodation services

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by aniomafirstson: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:
Lol, we will see how u will take those territories without war
That means you are after the oil
those parts he mentioned are igbo land
it's only a fool that thinks igboland starts and ends in southeast

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
aniomafirstson:

That means you are after the oil

those parts he mentioned are igbo land

it's only a fool that thinks igboland starts and ends in southeast
It is only a fool that thinks he will get any part of rivers and delta without a fight
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by aniomafirstson: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

It is only a fool that thinks he will get any part of rivers and delta without a fight

so we should leave the igbo part of rivers and delta states to Nigeria?
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Smoothie01(f): 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I don't live in Abakaliki, so i'm not aware of such news.
Who is the man involved?
Do Hausa people dominate any part of Abakaliki? Are the Hausa people comitted to the development of any part of Abakaliki like the Igbos of Lagos?
Is the population of Abakaliki as hetrogenous as that of Lagos?
Can you compare the Igbo population and contribution in Lagos with that of Hausa in Abakiliki?
You see, these are strategic factors that will decide your political might or lack of it, it has nothing to do with tribalism in most cases.
Gbam!
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by perez100: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
And that war will consume enemies of Igbo this time.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Luvdk(f): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
aniomafirstson:

so we should leave the igbo part of rivers and delta states to Nigeria?
U expect Nigeria to give u the territories on a platter of gold just like that?
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

One of the reasons why I'm happy being a Yoruba is because we have developed our land to the extent that we hardly migrate in search of greener pastures. . We believe we can make it here in our land, we have systematically diversified our economy to the extent that we control every aspect of the Nigerian economy.. A yoruba man can't just leave his village and decides to go to Aba when people from Aba are here in the south west complaining how life is difficult over there. .. That's why i said we don't do Urban-Rural migration. .. We had the first television station in West Africa at Ibadan even before France had its own... Awolowo had the foresight to build industrial Estates in ikeja, we had the tallest building in West Africa then built with proceeds from the sales of cocoa. .

So tell me why we need to start migrating to igbo villages when we have all the things you guys dream of having
These stuffs you listed happened shortly before and after independence that doesn't mean that same was not replicated in the East. Before the war,the East had the best roads,some of the best schools and health personnels.
The Eastern regional government established cement factories, cocoa and rubber industry to facilate economic activities in the East.
The Coal and steel industry in Enugu was already functioning before independence.
Western Nigeria had it's Tv in 1959 and Azikiwe made sure that Eastern Nigeria had hers in 1960.
When you gloat over these things be sure to know that such was replicated all over the country.
I asked for the Yoruba cities and capitals that can compete with those in the South East?
Perhaps you don't know Igbos in the East are the top most urbanized people in Nigeria?
Avoiding Migration and exploration doesn't mean contentment ironically, it make you parochial, quiant, and myopic.
It limits your knowledge and interaction with other people and invariably make it impossible to think outside the box.
Every part of Nigeria is crying about negligence and decay not just Aba.
Once again,Igbos only travel for business pursuits.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by YungMillionaire: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
perez100:
Cut off oil flow and those elective posts becomes useless. Afonja contribute nothing. So, keep quiet or we divide.

Guy - there is more oil in Ondo than the entire SE combined.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Isa Pantami's Daughter, Aishah Is Dead / Buhari Tells Emefiele, Malami To Comply With Supreme Court On Old Notes Rulling / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.