Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. (15980 Views)

Igbo Coalition Groups Meet In Enugu, Fault FG For Branding IPOB As Terrorists. / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / Yoruba, Igbo, N’delta, Middle Belt Leaders Unite Against Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2018
Historically, Igbos/Yorubas have at different times had differences as much as they have co-operated on a number of issues, but both sides have never been at logger-heads and spilled hate as seen in recent times since activities culminating to the 2015 elections and there after.

However we all will agree that nothing is beneficial to the entire South as much as a coalition between both major tribes of the South.

This plat-form is a medium to call for the unification of the South. We have all made mistakes, whether from voting Buhari or from hating other tribes for exercising their right to vote on someone we all reasonably thought will solve the Nigerian question.

I am Efik, I grew up in Edo, but took sides with the people of SW, not because I'm a bigot, but because many of us saw Jonathan as having failed us; please bear in mind I supported Jonathan in 2011. However, I have since dropped the Buhari campaign train following his poor handling of the herdsmen rampage.

While I ordinarily will not canvass politics predicated on tribe or religious sentiment, but issue based politicking, it is important we put an end to the constant e-wars as I believe doing so on Nairaland will go a long way influencing our relationships off and online.

SW/SE we have more in common than we think.
We only choose to see our differences.
There is power in Unity. Ask North.

2019, bring in Donald Duke, Adesina, Fashola or Emefiele for Presidency. Call for a technocrat.

Mynd44, lala, Seun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by DocHMD: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2018
I remember you. A hateful anti-Igbo bigot that was once chased away from the forum by the Igbo nationalists for being senseless. Welcome back to common-sense.

Sorry the only point where there can be a possible unity between the Igbo and yoruba is when we all decide that everybody must have their own country and grow at their own pace without being bugged down by fulani liabilities.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by bakynes(m): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2018
I am Afonja as rightly termed by Igbos and I support the need for both Major ethnic group in the South to work together to take our destinies away from these Born to rule Hausa-Fulani. But before any peace pact can be drawn on Nairaland, Igbos most refrain from calling Lagos "a no man's land". We agree all Nigerians have contributed to the Developement of Lagos but it is still our ancestral land that has had huge advantage over any state in Nigeria by virtue of the early Portuguese traders and the British colonialist.

I campaigned in my own little way for Buhari in 2015 as I also campaigned for GEJ in 2011 and now I support the removal of Buhari by the use of our votes.

Igbos must understand that many Yorubas did not vote out GEJ because he favoured Igbos more, we simply voted him out because of how he allowed Corruption to fester in his Govt. So it was never a mistake voting out GEJ and now we must also vote out Buhari in 2019.

The only way we can salvage our destinies away from the Northern Oligarchy is only if these two major tribes to work hand in hand together especially the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslims.

Even as a Yoruba man I know we have some Extremist Yoruba Muslims who always support the North over their tribes men but these extremist Yorubas are few in Numbers compared to the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslim.

Yorubas,Igbos,SS minorities and non muslim minorities of the Middle Belt can work together to overturn the core North's dominance.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2018
DocHMD:
I remember you. A hateful anti-Igbo bigot that was once chased away from the forum by the Igbo nationalists for being senseless. Welcome back to common-sense.

Sorry the only point where there can be a possible unity between the Igbo and yoruba is when we all decide that everybody must have their own country and grow at their own pace without being bugged down by fulani liabilities.

Well I respect your opinion of issues. But to set records straight, I'm not Anti-Igbo as I have Igbo nephew and nieces. And I wasn't chased out, but have never really been active on here as too much hate is spewed on here.

Bless you.

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:
I am Afonja as rightly termed by Igbos and I support the need for both Major ethnic group in the South to work together to take our destinies away from these Born to rule Hausa-Fulani. But before any peace pact can be drawn on Nairaland, Igbos most refrain from calling Lagos "a no man's land". We agree all Nigerians have contributed to the Developement of Lagos but it is still our ancestral land that has had huge advantage over any state in Nigeria by virtue of the early Portuguese traders and the British colonialist.

I campaigned in my own little way for Buhari in 2015 as I also campaigned for GEJ in 2011 and now I support the removal of Buhari by the use of our votes.

Igbos must understand that many Yorubas did not vote out GEJ because he favoured Igbos more, we simply voted him out because of how he allowed Corruption to fester in his Govt. So it was never a mistake voting out GEJ and now we must also vote out Buhari in 2019.

The only way we can salvage our destinies away from the Northern Oligarchy is only if these two major tribes to work hand in hand together especially the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslims.

Even as a Yoruba man I know we have some Extremist Yoruba Muslims who always support the North over their tribes men but these extremist Yorubas are few in Numbers compared to the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslim.

Yorubas,Igbos,SS minorities and non muslim minorities of the Middle Belt can work together to overturn the core North's dominance.
Hahahahaha
Lagos again. grin

cc lzaa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by DocHMD: 11:16am On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Well I respect your opinion of issues. But to set records straight, I'm not Anti-Igbo as I have Igbo nephew and nieces. And I wasn't chased out, but have never really been active on here as too much hate is spewed on here.

Bless you.

Na so una dey always talk when slammed for being silly.

We Igbo have photographic 3D memories. An important asset you must acquire by evolution if you must survive in the zoological space.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by EternalTruths: 11:17am On Feb 19, 2018
Not necessary
2015 was the final test.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by LZAA: 11:26am On Feb 19, 2018
imhotep:
Hahahahaha Lagos again. grin
cc lzaa
grin grin seems all goblins are from lagos grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Odkosh: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

How does igbos calling Lagos no man's land or Bini land stops Lagos from being a bona-fide Yoruba land. We make our law, we control our resources, our culture our great leaders statues are all over the places. I can call Kano or enugu no man's land, it is just blabbing. They can call it Korea land or Indonesia land. That is their personal problem.

7 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mpianya39(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2018

Abro see we biafrans got nothing in common with you guys (Zoogerian republic a.k.a shithole) grin

You change jona because of we biafrans, you people just wanted to prove to biafrans that you own Zoogerian, without thinking a dummy like buhari became a choice to you people that are very educated but stupid...Tufiakwa angry sad
Enjoy your stupid change while it lasts

@ the end biafra will come cool cool

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Odkosh: 11:33am On Feb 19, 2018
[s]
DocHMD:

We Igbo have photographic 3D memories. An important asset you must acquire by evolution if you must survive in the zoological space.
[/s]Trash. Dustbin property.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

True words. We all must learn to respect one another's customs, values and peculiarities.

I really share your sentiments.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2018
DocHMD:

You repeating same write-up is aiming to combat.

I come in peace my friend.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:
Not necessary

2015 was the final test.

Wrong my friend. We all are living with the choices we made in 2015. The choice we make now to work together in the overall interest of the South will shape post-2019. Choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by gidgiddy: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
These Yorubas are funny. In 2015 when Buhari was their candidate, it was change! Change! Change!

They bragged about how they were the king makers

Now that Buhari has shown them that he is even more clueless than GEJ, they are now looking for "Southern Unity"

The same unity they did not care about in 2015 when GEJ was the candidate of the SE/SS.

They stabbed their Southern comrades in the back in favour of the North.

Now that 2019 is around the corner, they have remembered Southern unity?

The day Igbos and Yorubas are no longer in one country will be the best thing for us Igbos

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Ngozi123(f): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
The chance for all Southerners to unite was in 2015. That opportunity has come and gone.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Daewang: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Igbo first is our new policy. I reject any association with ewedu tribe.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Daewang: 11:50am On Feb 19, 2018
gidgiddy:
These Yorubas are funny. In 2015 when Buhari was their candidate, it was change! Change! Change!

Now that Buhari has shown them that he is even more clueless than GEJ, they are now looking for "Southern Unity"

The same unity they did not care about in 2015 when GEJ was the candidate of the SE/SS.

The day Igbos and Yorubas are no longer in one country will be the best thing for us Igbos

Only God knows how many times I have knelt by my bedside and prayed to God to separate us Igbos from these people.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Deprofessional(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2018
Southern solidarity was killed and buried by the Yorubas in 2015.

Bros, forget about southern unity, it will never happen.

Vote for your Buhari, we will vote for our candidate.

If your Buhari wins, we will continue to live with it because we Igbos have an instinct for survival.

23 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2018
mpianya39:

Abro see we biafrans got nothing in common with you guys (Zoogerian republic a.k.a shithole) grin

You change jona because of we biafrans, you people just wanted to prove to biafrans that you own Zoogerian, without thinking a dummy like buhari became a choice to you people that are very educated but stupid...Tufiakwa angry sad
Enjoy your stupid change while it lasts

@ the end biafra will come cool cool
Wrong. I am Nigerian till death. This is not a thread on the issue of Biafra. If it is, my father is Efik, my mother is Ibibio, but you see; the bigger vision is nothing is wrong with Naija, but it's people. We aim to cur e that.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mpianya39(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

This is why we need biafra angry angry always begging Tufiakwa grin grin

12 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2018
coming from this anti-igbo bigot shock me to the marrow. all of a sudden, you care for southern unity by this time 2014 you and your hateful tribe was singing like a mad bird CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!!!

We are voting buhari comes 2019. the suffering must continue

sai baba till 20100

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mpianya39(m): 11:57am On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:
Not necessary

2015 was the final test.

Gbagam cool cool cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by bakynes(m): 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
Daewang:
Igbo first is our new policy. I reject any association with ewedu tribe.
This is where the problem lies, it's not as if we Yorubas love Igbos so much too but you cannot defeat the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy alone. Likewise Yoruba people cannot do it alone. You know they have the numbers in term of population if it comes to War,their kinsmen from Niger and Chad will defeat you in War and well as their dominance in determining our Political destiny. The only way to defeat them is to come together if not, we will all have to continue with their dominance in Nigeria.

There is nothing wrong if two oppressed come together to defeat their oppressors. Knowing fully well one Oppressed cannot alone defeat his oppressor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mpianya39(m): 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Wrong. I am Nigerian till death. This is not a thread on the issue of Biafra. If it is, my father is Efik, my mother is Ibibio, but you see; the bigger vision is nothing is wrong with Naija, but it's people. We aim to cur e that.

Bia enyi! I'm a biafrans FYI....i got nothing in common with Zoogerian republic a.k.a shithole grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by EternalTruths: 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Wrong my friend. We all are living with the choices we made in 2015. The choice we make now to work together in the overall interest of the South will shape post-2019. Choose wisely.

You still do not get it.

We don't work with betrayals.

Once beaten twice shy.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Deprofessional:

If your Buhari wins, we will continue to live with it because we Igbos have an instinct for survival.
My guy I can't live with it. Believe me you, your immediate family can't. If you were so rich to buy 3 cars, now you can only buy 1. So even the rich is affected.

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Daewang: 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

This is where the problem lies, it's not as if we Yorubas love Igbos so much too but you cannot defeat the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy alone. Likewise Yoruba people cannot do it alone. The only way to defeat them is to come together if not, we will all have to continue with their dominance in Nigeria.

There is nothing wrong if two oppressed come together to defeat their oppressors. Knowing fully well one Oppressed cannot alone defeat his oppressor.

And we have made it clear to you people we hate you and want nothing to do with you. We don't want any association whatsoever with you people. Stay on your own and do whatever it is you want to do while stay on our own and do what we want. We don't share the same path or destiny.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by EternalTruths: 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
gidgiddy:

God bless you , Ngozi123, Daewang Deawang.

Southern Unity after 2015 betrayal.

These Afonjas think we are morons.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
gidgiddy:

Not everyone that voted against Jonathan is Yoruba. I wonder why every argument on Nairaland is reduce do Igbo/Yoruba war.

I concede. We made error in voting Buhari. What more do you want than a person acknowledging his mistake. It was a mistake however made in good fate as Jonathan wasn't the best for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by EternalTruths: 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Deprofessional:

Buhari will win and Nigeria will collapse.

All hail B

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan / Orji Kalu And Governor Sani Bello Of Niger State Meet Behind Closed Door (Photo) / Senator Uba Sani Declares To Run For Governor Of Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.