Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

A Story On Why We Should Not Be Quick To Judge Others By Their Appearance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Story On Why We Should Not Be Quick To Judge Others By Their Appearance (534 Views)

Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / Young Graduate Tells Shocking Story On How Her Sister Burnt All Her Credentials / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Story On Why We Should Not Be Quick To Judge Others By Their Appearance by Opinionated: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2017
By Usman Rayyanu Dabai

Walking back home after a tough disagreement with GT Bank officials this evening, I was not in the best of moods, I was denied access to my account because the name on my Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) is blurred.

I was close to Sabon gari Post office, here in Zaria, waiting to cross to the other side of the road. A girl, not more than 9 years old came close to me, holding the hand of a little boy of about 7. It is one of those days I didn’t want to be disturbed because of my mood.

Believing they came close only to request money from me, which is a common practice along that road, I was ready to ignore her even before she got a chance to make the request.

‘Please sir, we want to cross to the other side of the road, can you help us?’ She says in Hausa.

In silence for a moment, I was ashamed of myself. Two little children needed my help, but I wasn’t patient enough to listen to them, I was wrong in my judgement.

Although I ended up buying them goodies, it wasn’t enough to keep my mind at peace.

No matter how knowledgeable you are, always delay judgement. Give others the chance to explain themselves.

What you see may not be the reality, never conclude for others.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/story-not-quick-judge-others-appearance/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: A Story On Why We Should Not Be Quick To Judge Others By Their Appearance by coveredchic(f): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2017
Hmmm! Lesson learnt. This speaks to me. I'm so impatient when it comes to dealing with people. God help me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Story On Why We Should Not Be Quick To Judge Others By Their Appearance by maclatunji: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
^A very simple but amazing story.

(1) (Reply)

Prince Harry’s Would-be Wife, Markle, To Become Anglican, British / A Newly Wed Couples Accused A Friend Of Stealing The Money Sprayed On Their Wedd / We Are Suppliers Of Tigernut And Dabino (dates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.