Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English (60284 Views)

Festus Keyamo Blasts Those Blaming Zamfara People For Voting Buhari / Monica Ambrose: "I Will Bring Back Terrorism To Nigeria" – Presidential Aspirant / Monica Ambrose For Nigerian President In 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by pansophist(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Chai, see the kind human being wey Nigeria de produce sha. Even after 17 years in Netherlands, she still local like person wey never comot from oshodi. shocked
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Walexey(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jabioro:
Is because you lack literary understanding... fault and vault was your common issue..

Do I need to prove how simple and feeble-minded you are any further?

I didn't even consider the word "vault" when commenting but seeing that it is a newly acquired word in ur vocab you are jumping like a monkey at your defense...

They still conduct adult classes humble urself and go to school.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by sisisioge: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Wtf was she saying? Chai! Mama pat sef go vex.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ekg911(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
True talk from her though...who English help

1 Like

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by jrusky(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why would anyone blast ed her for not speaking good English? This is what I dislike in Nigerians blood they tends to react like they are stupid. What has English speaking need to do with being dreaming of becoming the president? Does Buhari speak English at all? Those from Arab nations that refused to speak English despite English is their official language are they not doing well? Some Nigeria Senators can not even express themselves in simple sentence go and watch their plenary section and listen to them especially the Mallams among them.

What I was expecting people to tell this Lady and Her to be VP is to tell us when did she received the vision or the call from heaven that she should go and contest and did she asked heaven to tell her what year will that dram of her becoming president will be? There is different between I want to be president and do you ask God when? As far as Nigeria is concern a retire prostitute is not what we are talking about as alternative so let the 2 of them go back and ask God WHEN?

To as[ire is a free will anybody can aspire but as far as Nigeria is concern though we lack quality leadership but not these ones talking. Madam presido I can see your breast as I'm watching you and you want me to take you serious please go and rest somewhere we knows your type Holland, Belgium, Germany,Italy those are their *axis*those who has gone to those places before we understand the meaning of *their Axis* God bless.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ekg911(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
malificent:
She has a point but her political ambition has no hope
why...no be woman like you be Liberian president soo
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by GCsomething: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
love23401:
Netherlands-based Nigerian Woman Who Wants To Become President Reacts To People Mocking Her Spoken English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E51Vr5QTjRw

Some Nigerians mocked The Netherlands-based Nigerian mother of three, Monica Ambrose, after a video showing her declaring her intention to run for president come 2019 surfaced online yesterday July 21st. They mostly mocked her over her bad use of English in the video. She has taken to her Facebook page to reply her trolls and according to her, many of the Arab presidents don't speak English but rule better than some Nigerian presidents. Agree with her? See her replies below

https://www.digestng.com/2017/07/22/netherlands-based-nigerian-woman-who-wants-to-become-president-reacts-to-people-mocking-her-spoken-english/

She better come down and form her party. And I think she has gotten much to waste...
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by ajebuter(f): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
madridguy:
Good point from the incoming president.

English is just a language.

Best of luck Madam Monica.
.Aburo...finally we found you another lyawo since Ngozi and Amarachi no gree...
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nigeriadondie: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Many Nigerians think that literacy can be measured by how eloquent and how well u can use "big grammar" but fail to understand that it is not so. Infact mant countries even in Europe u will be amazed at the fact that many cant speak good English. Infact, this my Edo sister try far more than many of them.

Also, Netherland is not an English speaking country but Dutch is the official language. Apart from countries that make up d UK, many countries in Europe dont ve English as their official language.

Also, it is a painful reminder from the lady that Nigeria is in the woods as many Nigerians in the diaspora earnestly desire to replicate the system of governance in the West back home but Nigeria forbids anything good.

So any Nigerian in d diaspora who attempts to make a positive change wud either end up derailing from his/ her intended goals, or be killed or kicked out if that person insists to do the right.

If it were in Nigeria this woman wud not ve had a meaningful life as she wud be treated as illiterate but thank God she is out and even has a far better life than many who claim to speak good English or are educated in mushroom schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by UbChapter(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ever8054:
she is right..but wrong at the same time... we already have her type...

Who gave that idiot IPad installed with Facebook? See as the idiot turned it upside down. How did this kind of person become Nigerian President?
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by madridguy(m): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
grin grin grin sister you won't kill me with laughter. This one pass me oooooo. Meanwhile, how is every every ma? hope the rain is not much there? Above all, hope you do go thumb print for APC.

ajebuter:

.Aburo...finally we found you another lyawo since Ngozi and Amarachi no gree...
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by nextstep(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
If she's serious then she should consider the qualifications: has she been resident in Nigeria for the required number of years?
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by unipol(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
Can this woman win a l. G. Chairman election?
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
musicwriter:
English is a language that continues to enslave us, and now by ourselves. How to get us understand this is the biggest challenge of all time.
you are a musicwriter, do you write your songs in english or not? If yes, you're the biggest fool ever.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by victorazy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Never again will Nigeria be ruled by a dullard.

Don't be deceived.
The ability to speak and write good English is a measure of an individual's intelligence

She's bad at written English,
She's bad at spoken English

What else does she have to offer outside her cvnt then?

I don't expect people with this deficiency to agree with me though

Remember Motherland is not English speaking country.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
gypsey:
she is Absolutely! correct! Russian prime and German chancellor Angela merkel don't speak in English but they are considered 2 of the most powerfull individuals on earth.
because it's not their official language. Honestly,do you think through your anus!
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ichietome: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Never again will Nigeria be ruled by a dullard.

Don't be deceived.
The ability to speak and write good English is a measure of an individual's intelligence

She's bad at written English,
She's bad at spoken English

What else does she have to offer outside her cvnt then?

I don't expect people with this deficiency to agree with me though
Nice point bro. Nigeria will never be ruled by a refined slay queen

1 Like

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Luvdk(f): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
How did I found myself in ds zoo
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
repogirl:
Her English is actually not bad sha. Her tenses were correct, it was only lacking in phonetics, correct pronounciation, and it seemed to be taking quite a lot for her to come up with the words but the English wasn't bad.

She can't just say she wants to be President, she should let us know what she has achieved in her personal life that qualifies her to run for the seat. What businesses has she successfully managed, what education has she acquired?
Think she's into beauty product...something of that nature
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by musicwriter(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
durentchigozie:
you are a musicwriter, do you write your songs in english or not? If yes, you're the biggest fool ever.

So, why do you think the songs were written in English and not Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, e. t. c?
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by darlenese(f): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
attackgat:

Of course
"The fifol of Nigeria rove their qountry"
u mean "za kwuntree"?
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ichietome: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lordcenturion2:
Some Nigerians are fool, they see English as superior than their own,what they are looking for is just a mistake to mock you but some people that mock are the one that haven't travel out of the country before, you go to another country, England language will be nothing to you. What special in English?, travel out first and see that there is nothing special about your grammar, who your grammar epp? ...illiterates Mtcheeeewwww
Shut up
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ichietome: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
lovelygurl:

English is NOT a measure of intelligence. Don't insult the term "Intelligence". It's not sth you get through education but can only be polished with it.

Memorising vocabularies and the rules of a language is sth. ANYBODY can learn
It is a measure of intelligence
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by afamaustin(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Never laugh like dis b4.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by darlenese(f): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
dear Monica the official language of Nigeria is English.

but wait oo. 17 years in Netherlands and u can't speak simple English, even your Edo accent refuse to leave u, Monica I can vote for u as the president of pancake, bra and panties
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
musicwriter:

So, why do you think the songs were written in English and not Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, e. t. c?
i know your type. If you were told to study igbo language in the university, you would shout "Godforbid" ontop of your voice and here you are typing in English and still saying english enslaved you. I don't blame you, it's the white men that brought civilisation to you that are at fault. You would have remained in the village as a towncrier speaking your nonsense from pillar to post.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ichietome: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hades2016:
my brother what has good English given us since 1960 .... angry .... We all know our fvckin government and so called leaders are just too greedy and stupid .... Leave good English alone and let the right person rule us ok ..... We know woman can’t rule us and she can’t be Nigerian president. But if we have the right person even without good English see my brother e pay us wella
Proficiency in your country's official language is a measure of intelligence
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Mcowubaba: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
durentchigozie:
This woman is wasting her time. President for where?

I rather re vote buhari again
Why, is it because she is a woman, are you a Sexist?
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

I used Speaking and writing of good English as a measure of intelligence in the context where English is the basic language of instruction and general communication.

I won't use English to judge a Lebanese or a Sudanese who speaks Arabic
gbam. You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ichietome: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Not quite. Proficiency in language is not a measure of intelligence. Academic training in Nigeria has regulated our behavior and thought into believing proficiency in our local dialect is a sign of backwardness, barbarity and dullness, and that speaking good english is a show of intelligence and civilization. It is a false precept.

An average intelligent person must be able to express her country's official language. So it's a sure measure of intelligence
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Ichietome: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
kosisokosi48:
Gbam!
Keep quiet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Kaduna: Army General Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.