Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,290 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Anambra Elections: Live Updates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Elections: Live Updates (8858 Views)

Results Of Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections : Live Updates By BenueNews / #BenueSouthDecides: Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections – LIVE UPDATES / Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Chiduruoe: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2010
Why is the house jumping ur as if the are not in this country.cant you see that Abuja wants Soludo.I'm not saying I want him,so forget about the people vote because He is already the governor
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by mahal(m): 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
Soludo should join a sensible party next time.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by wendoworld(m): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
shocked shocked hey bia and who are u? Soludo broda? Pls tel ur broda to take heart o jare, Abi na u be d abuja wey wan make am governor ni grin tongue
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by oge4real(f): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2010
Waooo!
I am really happy that it is possible for PDP to lose an election to the extent of 3rd place in this country. Though I have always ticked Soludo in all opinion polls as the winner, yet I am satisfied with this epoc making result.
Now all we need for this country to move foreward come 2011, is to make sure PDP falls to even 5th place in the next election. So we must all come out en mass to vote for a Presidential candidate that belongs to any other party but PDP.
Congratulations to Anambra state.
Congratulations to Democracy in Nigeria.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2010
mahal:

Soludo should join a sensible party next time.
like AC
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by metalgong5(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
Finally, Anambrarians have honored Ojukwu's last wish. For the upteenth time, they have declared that Ojukwu is their Igbo leader,that where ever he goes, they will go.
Congrats Governor Peter Obi!!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by aloyemeka2: 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
Over 2000 people voted for Andy uba?
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by safeact(m): 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
I have been observing very keenly but i think its time to talk. People have started rendering tributes to Ngige and Soludo, but what about Ekwunife and d others? Let me tell us that this is öne of d most credible elections ever held in naija. Its good to say that Obi won out of credibility and not out incubency. D masses votes were truly reflected in d result. Soludo,pls accept my sympathy, i just wonder y u have allow urself to be toyed after all ur recognised international recognition and award. D least u did was to enter d worst party in naija,i hope u will learn dis time. Excuse me dance jare!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by MrCrackles(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Over 2000 people voted for Andy uba?
Are we even sure anyone actually voted for the vagabond grin
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by edwin101: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
governor peter obi has won the election. its confirmed
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by hugooh42(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
i heard his elder brother sen. Ugochukwu Uba and his wife  were stoned in their ward when they went to cast their votes.Useless Uba family. grin grin
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by hugooh42(m): 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
Can Peter Obi do more than he had already done? he seem to have ran out of ideas
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
metal-gong:

Finally, Anambrarians have honored Ojukwu's last wish. For the upteenth time, they have declared that Ojukwu is their Igbo leader,that where ever he goes, they will go.
i no fit laff
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by RoadStar: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
metal-gong:

You see this is what the problem with igbos is.
Igbos owe it to Ojukwu to tell him that he is the biggest curse on the Igbos.
As long as he is alive he will continue to kill them en-masse like he did during the war.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Bokoharam: 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
I am so happy b/c when I came here to advise that Anambra people should vote either Ngige or Peter Obi, & dt, for true democracy to be entrenched in Anambra, Soludo must not be elected, some pple fought me & called me names. Now, God has heard my prayer & d prayer of d good pple of Anambra. To Him be all the glory.

Congratulations Peter Obi!
Congratulations Anambrarians!!
Congratulations Nigeria!
Congratulations democracy!!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by themano: 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2010
Oh boy, the whole of Onitsha and Awka is a huge party right now. Wild jubilations and drinks flowing. No doubt about it, the right man won. If the wrong man won, you would have been hearing of riots and all that.

We have spoken. Any person not happy, should head to the tribunal. ha ha ha
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by buchio7(m): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2010
@metal gong . Wat sort of retarded nonsense r u spitting out. U r crying more dan d bereaved n frankly u can go take a leaping fart wit ur advice. NDI ANAMBRA ANYI EMERI WO!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Eziachi: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2010
RoadStar:

You see this is what the problem with igbos is.
Igbos owe it to Ojukwu to tell him that he is the biggest curse on the Igbos.
As long as he is alive he will continue to kill them en-masse like he did during the war.

It obvious you have your agenda and some sort of inner anger which you chose to direct at our Ikemba. It is clear that you are not an Igboman and if by some sort of mistake your parent happened to be Igbo, I think you can do us a favour and change your race.
If Ojukwu was a curse, what is your father to Igboland?  Where was your father during that period of war? Probably hiding on his mother's kitchen roof and dying many times in a day as his age mates are in the field defending your big mouth today.

Our ancestors says that "A young woodpecker who taunts his father as a weakpeacker, should endevour to cut down a tree before mouthing off"
Ojukwu is younger than you when we called upon him to help defend us in the face of being wiped out, so you should be able to do better than him or just hide back into your computer and shut your gob for ever.
It obvious that the bride price paid on your mother is worthless as our fathers use to to talk.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by RoadStar: 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2010
Eziachi:

It obvious you have your agenda and some sort of inner anger which you chose to direct at our Ikemba. It is clear that you are not an Igboman and if by some sort of mistake your parent happened to be Igbo, I think you can do us a favour and change your race.
If Ojukwu was a curse, what is your father to Igboland?  Where was your father during that period of war? Probably hiding on his mother's kitchen roof and dying many times in a day as his age mates are in the field defending your big mouth today.

Our ancestors says that "A young woodpecker who taunts his father as a weakpeacker, should endevour to cut down a tree before mouthing off"
Ojukwu is younger than you when we called upon him to help defend us in the face of being wiped out, so you should be able to do better than him or just hide back into your computer and shut your gob for ever.
It obvious that the bride price paid on your mother is worthless as our fathers use to to talk.

There was no war !
There was only a massacre of igbos.
Brought by one mans egoistic ambitions.

Who called on him.
A man that ruled with the gun and silenced all oppoisition.
You just keep on being fooled.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by asha80(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
Pls all do not bother with Roadstar's rants.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by buchio7(m): 3:07pm On Feb 07, 2010
still as deluded as ever u rooster
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by slimghost(m): 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2010
The slowpoke called Roadstar has gon gaga. yall shuld ignore the ranting bastard.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by RoadStar: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ignore me and run away from your big mighty village.
And then go and be massacred in the north and keep on trying to claim Lagos.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
We re starting to get it right. All those negative peeps will not see this one oh, they will wait for a thread on Bad governence na u go 10/ 20 pages of hate comments
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by jimmysho(m): 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
because opposition was declared we are satrted getting it right. honestly that is not fair
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Eziachi: 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2010
jimmysho:

because opposition was declared we are satrted getting it right. honestly that is not fair
'

Not exactly, but it is a true sign of democracy by real vote of the people. if the opposition can win, result announced within hours after voting ended and not weeks and months. If the pattern in Anambra happened in Ekiti, do you think, Fayemi won't be the governor today? This election is far from being called fair because of INEC incompetence but it is very free.
And if they have even 10% repeated in 2011, I am sure PDP will be wiped out.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by strangleyo: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
I love democracy, no matter how corrupt.

But are Nigeria leaders ready for it? Last time we had a free and fair vote the military simply annulled it.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Mustay(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
Obi wins!

I thought Soludo posited he would win by a wide margin. tongue tongue cry grin
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Rastamann: 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
Why can't we in Nigeria do things the right way? Common elections we cannot conduct well. Imagine these headlines:
Court says INEC not qualified to conduct elections,
INEC goes on to conduct elections,
Polling materials arrive late at polling centers,
Thugs snatch ballot boxes,
Voters regidter in disarray, etc.,

This was exactly what PDP did and we ended up having a "sick-hearted" man as president.

I wonder the kind of tomorrow we are building.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by greateliso(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2010
Am not 4rm that state and i don't know who fits that position as the Governor of Anambra; but Congratulation to the winner (its a game though)
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by asha80(m): 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
Another problem in anambra is how to get rid of those riff raffs in anambra house of assembly who gave Peter Obi hell in his first tenure
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
@Roadstar,

My advise to you is to worry about your state, unless you are furious about Igbo presence in your state (which I suspect is Lagos), in which case you may die of frustration because Igbo is now part of Lagos, so live with it!

On the Anambra elections, has it occurred to anyone here that Anambra people may have actually voted in their favorite candidate? This election might have revealed the level of rigging that took place in previous elections. Anambra people are arguably the most opinionated people in Nigeria. So, my people are not led by the nose. With all due respect to the great Ikemba, if he had supported PDP or even Ngige, he may lose with them!

Every Igbo and every Nigerian should be proud of what Anambra people did here.

My candidate was Ngige, but I know my people well.

Igbo people say that  "onye ezi ka  a na awara ogodo mkpu n'ala" - a man with scrotal elephantiasis can only conceal it to a foreigner or a stranger; all locals can never be hoodwinked by wearing of long wrappers!

So these voters know all the story about all these candidates, and they made their choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Welcome To The Jamaica Town Of Abeokuta / No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC / Femi Adesina: Beware, Merchants Of Fake News On The Prowl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.