Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Anambra Elections: Live Updates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Elections: Live Updates (8867 Views)

Results Of Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections : Live Updates By BenueNews / #BenueSouthDecides: Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections – LIVE UPDATES / Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Bokoharam: 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2010
@Roadstar,
U have stepped on d tail of a cobra.
He who uses his head to disperse the resting bees shld not complain of being stung! hahaha
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by DrTony1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2010
Finally The humble, trustworthy Peter Obi wins the Anambra State Elections.
This Election is undoubtedly the fairest Election in Nigeria for such a long time. Although Im NOT a supporter of Mr. Peter Obi and his party APGA rather I support Chris Ngige but I must congratulate Obi and Anambra State because most polling stations across the state reported Obi as the winner. Where went all the Ubas and Soludo(PDP) who thought they could rig?

Anambra State has set a pace for other Nigerian states to follow in the next Elections. Finally theres hope for Nigeria!!! Lets stop cynicism and skeptism about Nigeria's condition, The much sought after CHANGE will come only if other states do what Anambra State did, in the forthcoming Elections. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by gbolah1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
Soludo has congratulate Peter Obi, He faulted the election but he acept the defeat.

Ngige said he will challenge the result.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
gbola h:

Soludo has congratulate Peter Obi, He faulted the election but he acept the defeat.

Ngige said he will challenge the result.

Next thing he must do is to leave PDP immediately!

He should leave PDP and stay "party-less" for a while, and then join APGA.

Ngige should stop the court action and join APGA too. That party refuses to die despite all the efforts to kill it.

It has shown character and a resilience worthy of nurture.

If nurtured well, APGA can liberate the entire nation from the PDP stranglehold.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2010
Eziachi:

'

Not exactly, but it is a true sign of democracy by real vote of the people. if the opposition can win, result announced within hours after voting ended and not weeks and months. If the pattern in Anambra happened in Ekiti, do you think, Fayemi won't be the governor today? This election is far from being called fair because of INEC incompetence but it is very free.
And if they have even 10% repeated in 2011, I am sure PDP will be wiped out.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
God bless Peter Obi,
God bless Anambra,
God bless Nigeria.

Congratulations to Peter Obi;Anambra people have spoken-amen.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by RoadStar: 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
Bokoharam:

@Roadstar,
He who uses his head to disperse the resting bees shld not complain of being stung! hahaha

What cobra ?
Better keep your comments sane, especially when you've got nothing on me.
By being on this thread, I know more about you than you know about me.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by MrCrackles(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
Bokoharam:

@Roadstar,

Get fu/cking lost. . .Empty threats dont work around here!!!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by aloyemeka2: 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
I heard the election was smooth and voters behaved in a civilized manner, queued up, followed orders and were mannerly. In fact, the police men were just chatting and eating groundnut. If something like this can happen in chaotic Anambra state, we still have hope in Nigeria especially in Ekiti State.

Congrats, Anambra people.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by justfash50: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ALL

One thing that baffles me is the several Opinion polls carried out by our Dubious National Newspapers that SOLUDO is leading and HE (SOLUDO) came out boasting that he would win with a large margin.

This is a clear indication of how our media bambooze the gullible Nigeria to believe their lies they cook up after collecting Money from Politicians.

I hope we will make refrence to this inthe future when discussion about NIGERIA POLITY.

congratulation GOVERNOR PETER OBI.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by aloyemeka2: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
justfash50:

@ALL

One thing that baffles me is the several Opinion polls carried out by our Dubious National Newspapers that SOLUDO is leading and HE (SOLUDO) came out boasting that he would win with a large margin.

This is a clear indication of how our media bambooze the gullible Nigeria to believe their lies they cook up after collecting Money from Politicians.

I hope we will make refrence to this inthe future when discussion about NIGERIA POLITY.

congratulation GOVERNOR PETER OBI. 

Do you expect him to come out and say, na waoh, I fit fail o? 

He tried and failed, big deal?. I just don't like why he thought PDP can rig him through the state that he is not anywhere near being popular. Imagine him losing his own local government. It can be very painful if your own people refuse to support you in place of an outsider. Same thing that happened to Obasanjo during the elections where he lost the south west to Buhari.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by olafolarin(m): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
aloy-emeka:

I heard the election was smooth and voters behaved in a civilized manner, queued up, followed orders and were mannerly. In fact, the police men were just chatting and eating groundnut. If something like this can happen in chaotic Anambra state, we still have hope in Nigeria especially in Ekiti State.

Congrats, Anambra people.

It's a great plus for Anambra people but INEC did a terrible job with voters register and logistics.
It is because of such irregularities that AC went to Court to stop the Osun State Re-run so that INEC can update the voter's register instead of relying on the falsified 2007 register.
INEC should have heed AC's advice to update their voter's,that would have solved today's statewide problem of missing names,ghost names,etc.
I congratulate the humble  Peter Obi for his patience and the grace with which he carried himself throughout the electioneering period.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Nigerd(m): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
weather u like am or u no like after election!!!

Obi don win,

i wished either Ngige or Obi but it goes to Obi, Congrat Peter Obi
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by zenus(m): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
de election is rig in de favour of the incumben
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by oderemo(m): 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
de election is rig in de favour of the incumben

breaking news.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by 3kay945(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
this shows that anambra people re ready for change, havent shown civilizatn in the conduct of the election, are we in the south west ready for such changes.?
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by bandely(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
wao! Would have love to see Ngige as the Gov again, good to see it doesn't go to Pee Dee Pee!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Eziachi: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

Next thing he must do is to leave PDP immediately!

He should leave PDP and stay "party-less" for a while, and then join APGA.

Ngige should stop the court action and join APGA too. That party refuses to die despite all the efforts to kill it.

It has shown character and a resilience worthy of nurture.

If nurtured well, APGA can liberate the entire nation from the PDP stranglehold.
If Soludo has brain, he should quit PDP join APGA or AC and go for a senate seat, which he should have done in the first place but myopically allowed himself to be soiled by the likes of Me Fix it Aneni and Ogbulafor of this world.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by monkeyleg: 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ Dr Tony and Only truth. Well said, let people not miss the main point, which is there is always the possibility of beating PDP. Soludo made a big mistake by joining a party that has single handedly destroyed our country. People keep failing to understand that the problem we have in Nigeria is Peoples Destruction Party of Nigeria. I am yet to see a single state were thier governors are doing well.

This is a real vistory for all Nigerians, a real victory for common sense, maybe this is the begining of change.

God bless Nigeria, and all her children that support change.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by trueword: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2010
It's good that the people's voice were heard. Hopefully this is the beginning of a wave that will carry throughout Nigeria, where evil men will not successful rig a person into public office. Now Peter Obi knows that he was chosen by the people so he should reward them by putting Anambra on a fast growth track. Hopefully Anambra will begin to witness positive transformations in the not too distant future.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Ecom: 2:09am On Feb 08, 2010
But
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by EmmaGSM(m): 4:42am On Feb 08, 2010
The No 1 characteristic of a free n fair election is that; peoples choice and the best candidate (Gov Peter Obi) will emerge the winner, that was exactly what happened in Anambra on sat 6th feb,
Hallilujah, the lord has comfirmed our state as the light of the nation.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by 0hsisi: 4:47am On Feb 08, 2010
Emma GSM:

The No 1 characteristic of a free n fair election is that; peoples choice and the best candidate (Gov Peter Obi) will emerge the winner, that was exactly what happened in Anambra on sat 6th feb,
Hallilujah, the lord has comfirmed our state as the light of the nation.

Amen!
Chukwu gozie our Anambra siblings
Anambra n'Imo bu nu Nwanne smiley
O kwa anyi ncha luru agha Biafra?
All the rest of the Igbo nation ought to follow suit and show the nation how it is done without waves of assasinations and  Anambra has led the way with a fair election,let Imo,Abia,Enugu and Ebonyi follow suit.
Chime is already doing a fantastic job in Enugu God bless him.
Proud of my people as always.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by preselect(m): 6:00am On Feb 08, 2010
you mean anambra had a real election shocked . . . . . . and the most popular candidate won shocked . . . . . and he is not from PDP shocked . . . . . . and the PDP candidate has conceeded shocked . . . . . . in nigeria shocked . . . . . . . in 2010 shocked . . . . . . unbelievable . . what happened?

perhaps it may be b/c we have no president to lead PDP into what they do best . . . undecided . . and also perhaps b/c kobojunkie has been missing for sometime too tongue
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 7:21am On Feb 08, 2010
Something tells me that the Vice President Dr Goodluck Jonathan, together with the Inspector General of Police Ogbonna Onovo played pivotal roles to ensure a smooth and peaceful conduct of this election.
My faith in Nigeria is gradually being strengthened.

INEC was compromised as usual (swapped registers and disenfranchised voters), but the police resolutely stood in the way of those who planned to snatch and move ballot boxes throughout the exercise. Notice that Andy Uba only won in Ayamelum LGA (tough terrain!) where there was reported ballot box snatching. All thug activities in other LGAs were thwarted and grounded by the police.

If for nothing else, I cannot wait for the VP to assume his full powers. Something tells me that under him, we may finally have a reformed INEC and free and fair elections throughout Nigeria next year.

Congrats to the VP Dr Goodluck Jonathan
Congrats to the IG Ogbonna Onovo
Congrats to Gov Peter Obi
Congrats to Anambra state
Congrats to Nigeria!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by llorisbhone(m): 7:26am On Feb 08, 2010
Well. They both did their best. Gradually, gradually Nigeria is taking shape out of PDP.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by hollandis(f): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2010
When I see comments from Nigerians ,I wonder what the future holds for us
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2010
I'm so proud of my state right now for this peaceful election. Anambra people have proven that they are not easily deceived or wooed by empty promises. We have shown the nation how determined a people can be to assert themselves in the face of monstrous propaganda and thuggery.

Peter Obi must use this new mandate to rebuild APGA and systematically make it a national party by first winning all of south east, then move on to the rest of Nigeria. This can happen, but it needs focused and determined party leadership. Obi must not see this victory as his alone. He must rebuild APGA and deepen its manifesto and membership nationally. PDP is not a credible party but there are few credible members of PDP who must be wooed away from PDP.

Obasanjo is the biggest anti democracy monster inside the PDP. With Jonathan as the new President (even in acting capacity), an opportunity for true democracy may be opening for next year's election. That opportunity must not be missed.
We must ensure APGA wins landslide in the remaining elections in Anambra next year.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Bolarge(m): 10:14am On Feb 08, 2010
I'm of the opinion two major things worked synergistically to make for what we saw happen over the weekend in these polls:

-The big boys (PDP dominated) in Abuja decided to let this one slide to avoid further heating up of the already volatile polity a la the ailing President/VP hand over issues.

-INEC/ Iwu had to play along with this to appease an already disgruntled and thoroughly but justifiably cynical electorate so we can give them the "benefit of doubt" and be less contemptuous of them and the colossal fraud they are.

Trust me they are ready to reveal their true colors and not only bare their fangs but tear all opposition to pieces come 2011 when the real thing's at stake.

Congratulations Peter Obi. The voice of the people prevailed.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by hollandis(f): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'm so proud of my state right now for this peaceful election. Anambra people have proven that they are not easily deceived or wooed by empty promises. We have shown the nation how determined a people can be to assert themselves in the face of monstrous propaganda and thuggery.

Peter Obi must use this new mandate to rebuild APGA and systematically make it a national party by first winning all of south east, then move on to the rest of Nigeria. This can happen, but it needs focused and determined party leadership. Obi must not see this victory as his alone. He must rebuild APGA and deepen its manifesto and membership nationally. PDP is not a credible party but there are few credible members of PDP who must be wooed away from PDP.

Obasanjo is the biggest anti democracy monster inside the PDP. With Jonathan as the new President (even in acting capacity), an opportunity for true democracy may be opening for next year's election. That opportunity must not be missed.
We must ensure APGA wins landslide in the remaining elections in Anambra next year.

ENEMY OF PROGESS
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by olafolarin(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
The election was neither free nor fair.Or how do you explain à Situation where there are 1.8 Million registered voters and only 300,000 People voted.more than 500,000 eligible voters were disenfrachised because they couldnt find their Names in voters Register.THAT IS NOT FAIR,

But One Thing which is Good sign is that there was nö violence and Peter Obi won based on majority of the Counted votes.
PDP was denied the Opportunity to rig and Rob votes hereby allowing the electorate to choose their governor.
This was made possible because of OBJ and Yar'Adua's absence.Otherwise Anambra will have been turned into another Ekiti.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2010
Why is the governorship election in nigeria not simultaneous any more?Why just anambra state election?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aluu4 Trial Stalls Due To Prison Officials Failure To Produce Suspects / Kwara Bye Election: APC Seriously Beating PDP / Omo-Agege Never Convicted In US — Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.