Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why Do You Love And Worship God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Love And Worship God? (3848 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? / Today Is Sunday: How Do We Worship God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Love And Worship God? by generalbush(m): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2017
This question has been in my mind for a while now. I see a lot of people claim that they love God and have fully repented. When you finally get close to them you realize that they are just scared of HELL FIRE.

Imagine that there was no HELL FIRE... would people still Love God and Jesus?

Now my question is "Why do you love God?"

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by dingbang(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2017
I can't say I love God yet when I still dislike Hausa people...
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2017
The fact that God cares about being worshiped or believed in is one of the things that makes me almost entirely certain that he was created by humankind and not the other way around.
Because, of course, human beings do care about having their accomplishments acknowledged. Human beings do want to be worshipped. Human beings do take offense if you don’t show them the reverence they think they deserve. So, when the ancients took a look at their own despotic kings, they thought: “God must be like that, only greater.”
At the end of the day “God” is nothing more than a chimera: part fear, part hope, part ever-shrinking sum of what we do not yet understand

saw the below post

curvilicious:
I love God because, He first loved me nd He give His only son for my sake. Who does that nd doesn't deserve to be loved return?

Christians talk big, but they don't really understand what love is. How could they when they have been brainwashed to accept the notion that the greatest love ever shown was a vicarious atonement set up by a father figure who threatens anyone who doesn't toe the line? No wonder they can't quite figure out whether it's ok to divorce your recently incarcerated serial rapist husband (I wish I was kidding). No wonder they have such a hard time balancing the spiritual needs of child molesters and their victims. They are trying to square the circle. Their idea of love is exactly the opposite of what the human psyche knows love to be. It is diametrically opposed to every natural human instinct. That's why they have to have seminars reminding you that giving somebody a casserole is a wasted effort in Jesus' eyes unless you proselytize too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2017
Remove/Lift the injurious stimulus (ie HELL) and watch what happens to Abrahamic religion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by swiz123(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2017
I love God because he has been good to me and my family. He also gave me life and good health.i have a million reasons to love and praise his name

9 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2017
I don't love the god created by religion.

I LOVE LOVE.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by seXytOhbAd(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2017
I've really experienced God's love and faithfulness in my life. A lot of personal things I've gone through, but yet God was there for me. So, knowing that someone Loves and cares for me that much Inspires me to reciprocate all that love.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2017
I love & worship God - Because my fiancee said she can't marry any man who doesn't go to church - and I don't want to lose her, so I had to play along. grin

But each time I go to the church, my mind is always occupied with the shape of buttocks & b.reast of the women sitted around me - accompanied by the pictorial visualization of me riding them from behind like the chariot of the biblical Jehu . grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by elantraceey(f): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2017
One reason....... Because he first loved me. This everlasting love of his has granted me the ability to be able to love him in return..... ordinarily it won't have been possible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by modest65: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2017
I love God because he is a respecter of NO man, he teaches both the rich and the poor a lesson of their life. Not like some ............
.. ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by obaival(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2017
I must comment nothing will make me not to comment
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Olibboy: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
Because I believe there is miracle. let's look at chapter dash verse dash. Jesus turn water to wine. quote me wrong
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by curvilicious: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
dingbang:
I can't say I love God yet when I still dislike Hausa people...
Lol
May God help you
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Jilo83(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
Because He is GOD

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by ariwokoigbore(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2017
he is worthy to be worship

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2017
ifeanyi036:
talk of winning and making money call or whatsapp me with the number in the picture below.....

get behind me satan

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by curvilicious: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2017
I love God because, He first loved me nd He give His only son for my sake. Who does that nd doesn't deserve to be loved return?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by curvilicious: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2017
chukwukahenry:

get behind me satan

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by HighWITCH: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2017
Love ke! Can you love what you can't see?
We were told by our sunday school teachers to FEAR him else we go to Hell. grin
So much for Love grin
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Belugaice1: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2017
Cause even the devil fears God
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by sekavbasil: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2017
I love God because he is awesome and has shown me so much mercy and love.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by jericco1(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2017
simple. because he answers Prager like he did recently, last night.
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2017
I Love God Because He Is God.
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2017
HighWITCH:
Love ke! Can you love what you can't see?
We were told by our sunday school teachers to FEAR him else we go to Hell. grin
So much for Love grin

Read your bible.
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by EvilMetahuman: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Yeah, I love god cos that motherfhucker promised to roast my ass in hell if I don't love him back.

So I have no choice or freewill but to love him back. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by kevoh(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
Which of the gods is the OP referring to? undecided
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2017
The only little way I can repay his love is to love and worship him
Re: Why Do You Love And Worship God? by HighWITCH: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2017
macduffrx:

Read your bible.

Read the History of your bible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More / Godly Leadership Principles / O God Arise And Move Me Forward By Fire : Concluding Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.