Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Kfc In Nigeria - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kfc In Nigeria (16397 Views)

How To Prepare KFC Fried Chicken (yes You Can Do It All By Yourself) / KFC Customer Finds Tiny Brain In His Fried Chicken / How Many Pieces Of Chicken Do You Get In A KFC Bucket. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kfc In Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2010
^^^
you are obviously crazy. McDonalds is even worse.
we already have mr biggs and chicken republic and what not.
why would you want foreign companies to come into Nigeria and get rich by poisoning our people?
or are you one of those people who cant wait for their "luxury items" to arrive into naija?
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by joxiri: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2010
I dont think theres anything wrong with these food companies coming into nigeria am sure they are in south africa and i dont think its had any adverse effect on people eating lifestyle
am not one of those luxury people
I am an average joe
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2010
OKAY OKAY OKAY!!! but why do you want them in naija so bad? really? do you think you are missing something by them NOT being there?
allow the naija man to make money, and stop letting the fat oyibo man get rich from poison. okay?
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by joxiri: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2010
I dont want them in naija as bad as you guys want them not to be there
kfc is mostly a franchise business, so in the long run theres a possibility some branches will be owned by nigerians when they expand
and isnt that good for the economy
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2010
OMG I watched a documentary about how the poor people in South Africa live on KFC it was last year and the women and men were really overweight but the food was cheap and thats what their wages could buy. I would rather Nandos came into Nigeria. Mcdonalds is worse, cheap synthetic poison.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by joxiri: 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2010
nandos is already in nigeria also on the high side not what the average nigerian can afford
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

OMG I watched a documentary about how the poor people in South Africa live on KFC it was last year and the women and men were really overweight but the food was cheap and thats what their wages could buy. I would rather Nandos came into Nigeria. Mcdonalds is worse, cheap synthetic poison.
GBAM!!!!
look at the US now. they are suffering severely in the health department because of all their fatty foods. about half a century ago 2/3 of the junk food we have now didn't even exist.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by tpiah: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2010
which one is nandos.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by wabirioszy: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
its at the palms or otherwise populaly known as shoprite lekki
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by SirRogers: 2:06am On Mar 07, 2010
They dont even have the famous KFC famous bowl on the menu.
They brought a bootleged KFC to us. grin
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by LAX89(m): 2:53am On Mar 09, 2010
THE AMAKA:

OKAY OKAY OKAY!!! but why do you want them in naija so bad? really? do you think you are missing something by them NOT being there?
[color=#990000]allow the naija man to make money
, and stop letting the fat oyibo man get rich from poison. okay?[/color]

@ the amaka

And how exactly do you know that a Nigerian is not making money from it presently? You think, just cos its called KFC, that KFC had to come to Naija to build, run and profit from it. KFC is a franchise, anybody with a good business model and finance can take it to any market, anywhere in the world, including Afganistan. All you have to do is pay the franchise fee, just like you would if you were opening it in TX, CA, NY etc. FYI, the one in Naija was brought to Naija by a Naijaman in TX. Just like 'Barcellos, Nandos etc. On the healthiness of the food, it is no more unhealthy than most of the local unhealthy menu items in Naija now, viz; anything made with red palm oil (high bad cholesterol), goathead and all its siblings, eba, pounded yam etc (all simple carbs), basically, about 80% of naija local foods are unhealthy. The only savior is that all of them are organic. Just like the KFC menu items in Naija. So please, have your facts straight before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 09, 2010
the one in naija is indian owned.

i think i stated that before.

do you have evidence to the contrary?
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by LAX89(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
tpia.:

the one in naija is indian owned.
i think i stated that before.
do you have evidence to the contrary?

Do you have evidence that it is owned by an indian?
The operational franchise license for KFC in Nigeria is owned by an Osun state man who used to live in Texas. He's free to allow anybody to open and run a specific KFC under his Franchise license within his licensed geographical region. But you are more than free to believe anything you want.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 10, 2010
^^ hmm, dont know about that.

But the restaurant is owned by Devyani International, which already operates KFC stores across India.

according to this site:

http://m2weekly.com/feature-cover/kfc-nigeria-takes-fast-food-business-to-new-height/

Devyani International, the franchisee, is a joint venture company between RJ Corp of India and Chellaram Plc. The company was incorporated in 2009 for the purpose of owning and operating KFC restaurants in agreement with Yum Restaurant International.

more:

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/29157/1/KFC-promises-employment-opens-in-Nigeria/Page1.html

The Nigerian man you mentioned might be working in conjunction with them, maybe?
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by joxiri: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2010
I don't want to know who owns the kfc in nigeria but after recently visiting one
They can pack their bags and go back charging restaurant prices for a fast food joint
Their meals dnt come with drinks, every meal is supposed to come with a drink that is standard fast food policy
A full bucket is almost 10000 naira that's almost 45 pounds
I reiterate my post and kfc should get out of nigeria
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by joxiri: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2010
Rather I retract my post kfc should pack their bags and leave nigeria
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by frankcj(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
kfc in nigeria is good news for employment opportunity. But i do prefer taste chicken,and other local base on health diet.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
joxiri:

I don't want to know who owns the kfc in nigeria but after recently visiting one
They can pack their bags and go back charging restaurant prices for a fast food joint
Their meals dnt come with drinks, every meal is supposed to come with a drink that is standard fast food policy
A full bucket is almost 10000 naira that's almost 45 pounds
I reiterate my post and kfc should get out of nigeria
LOL! and here you were shouting up and down about KFC coming to Nigeria, as if it was some sort of 5 star restaurant.
a bucket of chicken for N10,000? thats almost $67! na wa!
how many people do they think is gonna afford that? let's see how long they last.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by joxiri: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2010
I know
The sadest part is nigerians will still pay up
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
silly Nigerians! You don't want KFC to come to Nigeria? And your local franchise are in other countries.

I think many Nigerians are very myopic rather lack intelligent abilities to see things in broader spectrum. Ooh!!!

I am so expectant of MacDonald coming soon. I hope they will come and add Nigeria local menu to their list.

Those Nigerian local franchise are firty, PERIOD!

For you guys information, KFC is not serving Nigerians only also the foreigners!
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by tpia5: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
Nigeria needs some of these rib joints too.

Is it not profitable or why are there none i wonder.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by armyofone(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
tpia, i know! with all the pigs we have in nigeria no Rib joints? kai! what's hot weather for grin for eating ribs ofc
licking my fingers wink
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by tpia5: 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^all the cattle as well.

In American cuisine, ribs are served as a rack of meat which diners customarily tear apart by hand, then eat the meat from the bone. Slow roasting or barbecuing for as much as 10-12 hours creates a tender finished product

wiki.

yum smiley

Re: Kfc In Nigeria by anonymous6(f): 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2011
yeah their will be 20 KFC's opening in Nigeria
http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/kfc-to-open-20-restaurants-in-nigeria-during-2011/6232/

but I don't think they will beat or make a big impact in Nigeria like local and traditional Nigerian food restaurants though; many foreign franchises have tried and failed to make it big in Nigeria because Nigerians prefer traditional over westernized food, now that doesn't mean they won't eat westernized foods but I just don't see KFC making a big impact, I mean McDonald's, and many fast food joints from England tried in Nigerian and have failed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ-XaSRCZHg
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by anonymous6(f): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2011
@Tpia

I don't think you will see rib joints in Nigeria because it's not a Nigerian thing but a southern american food. Suya is the ribs of Nigeria actually, and I don't see ribs beating suya in Nigeria lol.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by tpia5: 2:57am On Aug 17, 2011
I don't think you will see rib joints in Nigeria because it's not a Nigerian thing but a southern american food

true sha.

however, i'll make it when i'm in nigeria.

maybe i can be the first person to barbeque ribs in my hometown.

and make history.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by anonymous6(f): 3:34am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^ possible, good luck on that smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hungry? This Is The Best Place To Visit / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. / I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.