Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now (54864 Views)

Ronnie and Donnie Galyon: World’s Longest-Living Conjoined Twins Dies At 68 (Pic / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins In Yola After Hours Of Surgery. Photos / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2017
swiz123:
Why haven't we seen such in Africa.God certainly have something against white ppl
there are worse cases in Africa. God is God... but one truth remains, they are loved because even the atheist over there is sincere and has a good heart compared to the black race. To think that God is against them is wrong thinking.
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 24, 2017
bigbash619:
how will they marry? how will their husband's *do* them?
Bros, dem no tell you say dem wan marry now! No be by force to marry
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2017
easiest:
They shouldn't be allowed to be driving because they have 2 brain and they could be confusing each each while on wheel.
imagine if one think of blaming brake for a little pothole and the other think think of driving over it.

Or what do you guys think ?
did you read the part where the writer said thy bot passed driving test. Obviously only one brain will do the driving
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by APCsupporter: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2017
swiz123:
Why haven't we seen such in Africa.God certainly have something against white ppl

what is wrong with Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by unqombothi(f): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2017
swiz123:
I'm sure you meant to say God blessed white people. People like this are born in every part of the world, including Africa, everyday. They only survive in first world countries because of advanced medical facilities and good parental care. In Africa, they would either be labeled demons and murdered shortly after birth or they would die of lack of adequate care.
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by achieversbizpro(m): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2017
GOD i thank u

1 Like

Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by freshinko: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2017
amakadihot87:
........i think they cant do without each other......so i think if one dies the other will follow subsiquently
i am just curious, because they have separate hearts. cool
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by eikenberry(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2017
That's why we must always subscribe to the higher power.God has powers,no man or scientist can fathom or understand...stop fretting over issues you can't understand.
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2017
oh dear, be grateful for your life
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by sirusX(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2017
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Dolypson04(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2017
NkayTiana:
God.... what happens when one dies or do they die together
If one is to die maybe from sickness or any other causes then separation is imminent. The healthy one will be preserved
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by lepasharon(f): 10:31am On Jul 24, 2017
Pain:
My Big Question to my enlightened Christians... If Rapture were to occur and one was Bad and the Other Good. How will it fare??
What about on the FINAL Judgement Day??

grin
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Fourwinds: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2017
swiz123:
na lie...if na Africa dem for don die or d people demselves will kill them....do we have d facilities or does a poor family have d means to take care of such.? reason properly ok

1 Like

Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by wink2015(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2017
I thought SIAMESE TWINS can be separated by modern medical technologies.

Why is their case so challenging?

Is it this way they are going to live the rest of their lives together?

Fun enough they still find time to smile to the public in this their miserable condition.

The world we are living in is wicked!
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by jimb(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2017
TOTAL RECALL
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by atigro(m): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2017
The medical expedition is gonna be intriguing! Good observation though.
iamdotune:
Wait o who controls the both arm and legs or do they control it separately
Like if they want to walk does Abby wait for Brittany to move her leg forward and she follows along or how And do they have to share rounds of spoon to eat since nutrition affects both and who gets to feel they should ease their self or they feel it at the same time and if I slap Brittany would Abby feel it? Also do they gist theirselves before they sleep at night like normally when you think at night so they could just have someone to talk to
And what if argh I've got a lot of questions I've to meet them in person! angry
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2017
swiz123:

Funny

God has something against white ppl grin

I believe it happens here too. We ar not just civilized like them.
Here the parents and the doctor would conspire to send them back to where they are coming from.

Its pathetic though
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by tomnmenace(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2017
iamdotune:
Like if they want to walk does Abby wait for Brittany to move her leg forward and she follows along or how And do they have to share rounds of spoon to eat since nutrition affects both and who gets to feel they should ease their self or they feel it at the same time and if I slap Brittany would Abby feel it? Also do they gist theirselves before they sleep at night like normally when you think at night so they could just have someone to talk to

as i ehh!! i yam nor undanstan atall. this one weak me gan!

Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by omooba969(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
wink2015:

I thought SIAMESE TWINS can be separated by modern medical technologies.

Why is their case so challenging?

Is it this way they are going to live the rest of their lives together?

Fun enough they still find time to smile to the public in this their miserable condition.

The world we are living in is wicked!

That's no miserable condition, they are happy together & that's why you see them smiling.
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by kennybab: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=gabonsky post=58751110]Abby and Brittany Hensel took the world by storm when they appeared on TLC. The conjoined twins have spent most of their lives in the public eye, showing the world how siblings who are conjoined go through with every day tasks.

Abby and Brittany share a body, but have two separate heads and brains. They are completely different people and emphasize they want to be treated as such.

This is the break down of how their body is distributed:

2 heads
2 spines merging at the coccyx and joined at the thorax by sections of ribs. Surgery was employed to correct scoliosis.
2 completely separate spinal cords
2 arms (originally 3, but rudimentary central arm was surgically removed, leaving central shoulder blade in place)
1 broad ribcage with 2 highly fused sternums and traces of bridging ribs. Surgery was employed to expand the pleural cavities.
2 breasts
2 hearts in a shared circulatory system (nutrition, respiration, medicine taken by either affects both)
4 lungs with the medial lungs moderately fused, not involving Brittany's upper right lobe; three pleural cavities
1 diaphragm with well-coordinated involuntary breathing, slight central defect
2 stomachs
2 gallbladders
1 liver, enlarged and elongated right lobe
Y-shaped small intestine, which experiences a slightly spastic double peristalsis at the juncture
1 large intestine (one colon)
3 kidneys: 2 left, 1 right
1 bladder
1 set of reproductive organs
2 separate half-sacrums, which converge distally
1 slightly broad pelvis
2 legs

Watching Abby and Brittany grow up through TLC specials, the world saw them go to school, celebrate their birthdays, and even get their driver's license (yes, they each had to pass separately.)

Abby and Brittany's parents contemplated separation, but ultimately decided against it because it was likely one of the twins wouldn't survive.

Their first appearance on TV was in 1996 on The Oprah Winfrey Show. The twins captured everyone's hearts with their upbeat attitudes and positive views on life.

In 2012, their last TLC special aired which ultimately turned into a full-blown TV show for them. Since 2013, however, they have been keeping a relatively low

Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by nams77: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
iamdotune:
Intelligent questions. I was wondering if they could drive and since it's obvious that they have two brains, which of them controls the pedals and steering
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by amakadihot87(f): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
Pls any medical doctor in this forum should explain to us how this twins function together
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by TinaAnita(f): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
I can't comprehend it.
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by STARGREEN(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Macdawid:
shocked

Nna ee, this 1 weak me ahswr. I just dey wonder how them take dey perform for ZA OZA ROOM (how many vjay dem get self?)

Anyhow sha #GodBlessTheirHustle
Sorry oh, But you seems to need medical attention. Your relatives seems to be less concern of your medical need. In all the Beauty God has made them...still keep them alive You prefer to overlook them? Oh sorry
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by larryjr(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2017
Macdawid:
shocked

Nna ee, this 1 weak me ahswr. I just dey wonder how them take dey perform for ZA OZA ROOM (how many vjay dem get self?)

Anyhow sha #GodBlessTheirHustle
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by abbie4eva(m): 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
The brain is the seat of all activites. So who's brain controls the body? I'm confused
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by AstuteAyo(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2017
Allah sign of existence. Subhanallah!!!
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Macdawid(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
GMBuhari:
walahi i wan ask how many toto ...

buy 1 get 2
hahaha wink
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by Macdawid(m): 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
STARGREEN:

Sorry oh, But you seems to need medical attention. Your relatives seems to be less concern of your medical need. In all the Beauty God has made them...still keep them alive You prefer to overlook them? Oh sorry
Nawa o, so somebody cannot ask question in peace again in this country... And he even had to say 'sorry oh' before saying i need medical attention. What's the apologies for?¿ Smh

it's so unfortunate that most youths find it so hard to comprehend things this days, u couldn't even get the humour attached to my post cheesy
#NoBadBlood abeg

Pls show me where i overlooked their beauty and God-given life on my post...
Re: Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now by STARGREEN(m): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Macdawid:

Nawa o, so somebody cannot ask question in peace again in this country... And he even had to say 'sorry oh' before saying i need medical attention. What's the apologies for?¿ Smh

it's so unfortunate that most youths find it so hard to comprehend things this days, u couldn't even get the humour attached to my post cheesy
#NoBadBlood abeg

Pls show me where i overlooked their beauty and God-given life on my post...
Sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC / Charlotte Abena Woodey Dies Mysteriously (Photos) / 284 New COVID-19 Cases, 106 Discharged And 8 Deaths On May 20 - (1812 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.