Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (694300 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Talk2bryant(m): 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:
Yea I think it's better he go.If they ask him about SL, he should inform them that he is expecting before the week runs off. The worst that can happen is that they will not allow him to attend the interview due to incomplete documents. Then he will come back home and rebook another date.

So if I go with incomplete documents. I won't be penalized��
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:
Yea I think it's better he go.If they ask him about SL, he should inform them that he is expecting before the week runs off. The worst that can happen is that they will not allow him to attend the interview due to incomplete documents. Then he will come back home and rebook another date.

Yes, you are right

I think he should go too. If he cancels the appointment, he would face the penalty
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

Yes, you should go

If you are sent back, you wouldn't have to face any penalty. Then rebook once your sponsorship letter is ready
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Talk2bryant(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
Jigba:

Yes, you should go

If you are sent back, you wouldn't have to face any penalty. Then rebook once your sponsorship letter is ready

That's great then, it's the fear of penalty that's scaring me so it won't affect my winter application
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

If you go with incomplete documents the worst that can happen is to disallow you from doing the interview.You will not be penalized ! In a nutshell, this is the extract from the appointment letter "Incomplete applications cannot be accepted: the application will be rejected free of charge and a new date has to be agreed". If they didn't allow you to do the interview ,you have to reschedule another date, so you will no longer bear the consequence of not responding to your appointment request.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Talk2bryant(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:

If you go with incomplete documents the worst that can happen is to disallow you from doing the interview.You will not be penalized ! But you In a nutshell, this is the extract from the appointment letter "Incomplete applications cannot be accepted: the application will be rejected free of charge and a new date has to be agreed". If they didn't allow you to do the interview ,you have to reschedule another date, so you will no longer bear the consequence of not responding to your appointment request.

If I get you clear, I'll still pay application fee before they'll allow me reschedule
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

If I get you clear, I'll still pay application fee before they'll allow me reschedule

Really don't know if you have to pay application fee in this circumstance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Talk2bryant(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:

I appreciate you all for not judging me, and for your comments. I'll be there tomorrow morning and see for myself. I'll update you all. A fellow nairalander has his interview tomorrow, so it's goan be a full house there
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

Your best bet is showing up for the interview.
Your documents will be rejected and you will rebook another interview date. You wont pay the visa fees but just take every other necessary document along so it won't be like you came to waste their time on purpose.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BlackDeutsche: 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

That was the only available date as at the time I booked a date, I'm hoping my sponsor will come through this week, that's the miracle I'm hoping for, he's sorting us his papers first. It was his delay that caused me the setback, I didn't want to go again as at yesterday morning, things just changed and I felt I should give it a try

Dates often open at about 11pm - 12am. If you had seeked advice earlier you would have been properly guided here. The best course of action would have been to postpone your appointment date before 1 week to appointment (unless you had a reason to be in a rush). I also was set for January 9th, but I postponed to January 24th.
Also you should have secured the courier envelope yesterday.

Anyway the deed has been done, just try secure the courier envelope in the morning (I read it can be done somewhere close to the embassy).

Also if there are queries about your finance, explain your case to the VO. Let them know that your sponsor is already trying to secure the letter. If there are any documents to prove this or possibly email correspondence, I advice you to take it along to show good faith.

Let them know that there were limited (and fleeting) appointment dates, so it was a bit difficult to find another date that suites your deadline (if your resumption deadline is sooner than later).

Ofcourse none of these is a guarantee, it's just a suggestion.
Anyone with other ideas should chip in.

After your appointment please do leave a feedback here so we can profer advices depending on how it plays out, and we can also learn for future reference.

Viel Glück!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BlackDeutsche: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

You captured all my plans, the mistake I made is not opening a block account. Can I send them a mail scoping them about my unavailability, and how long does the penalty last, I intend to apply for winter session, hopefully all my plans would have gel

Your current appointment is against winter or summer?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:
faceless being show us where the foot note is.Gents, do not click on the bottom link,because your appointment will be cancelled .
Stop saying what you don't know! at least I have gone for my interview and that was what I did and the link opened on the browser and with the display, I was rest assured that my appointment was valid and not void and I exited without pressing anything on the opening. you (Babaeuro) were among those that started this issue of disturbing the embassy unnecessarily on this thread!! If one booked the right appointment, desist from disturbing the embassy and creating panic for yourselves and prepare yourselves for the interview to avoid stuttering before the V.O

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BlackDeutsche: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:
faceless being show us where the foot note is.Gents, do not click on the bottom link,because your appointment will be cancelled .

Facelessbeing is right. Your appointment won't be cancelled just by clicking that link.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
Talk2bryant:

I appreciate you all for not judging me, and for your comments. I'll be there tomorrow morning and see for myself. I'll update you all. A fellow nairalander has his interview tomorrow, so it's goan be a full house there

If they didn't allow you to have the interview, it will be better. However, the two instances I have seen, they were both allowed to have the interview. The first person was rejected after 2 days of the interview, while another person pleaded with the VO during the interview and promised to forward it by courier as soon as he gets home ( He has it but didn't go with it). So if eventually you were allowed to have the interview, then look for a way to plead with the VO that you will forward it within the week and start working on Fintiba block account starting from today. To those that will be using SL in the future, always have plan B if you are not sure of when the SL will be ready which is the opening of Fintiba account even if you are not going to use it. Shalom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by babs3310: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
facelessBeing:
please can this issue of confirming ur interview appointment end here!!? as long as you booked ur appointment with the right link and choosing the First Category/Long Term,and then with your PASSPORT NUMBER at the booking page, whether your appointment mail appeared in ENGLISH or GERMAN it is VALID! Mine appeared in GERMAN and I went for interview in this December,2017, gained entry and did my interview without sending all this confirmatory mail you guys are using to disturb the embassy.. enough of those nonsense!!!!! and the unnecessary posts of it on this thread!!

If you want to know if your interview is VALID, click on the link on the foot note of your appointment mail, if it ''displays'' you have booked appointment on the (date) bla bla bla...it is valid.

For the other guy who did his interview in December and whose documents were returned by the embassy via Fedex this week, be clean to state the incidents behind your visa refusal than creating panic to some people here and you couldn't be objective when answering questions people asked you to know why. As for me I already understood your issue that GERMAN LANGUAGE WAS A PREREQUISITE for your ADMISSION and which you DON'T have already at hand hence the sudden refusal of your application.

Whoever that is going to OVGU, Magdeburg this summer should PM me

I'm OVGU, Magdeburg bound too. Already sent you a mail.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please, i need your response .

Please, i want to open My block account. Which one is better and faster to open?

Also, dies the location of My school(Stuttgart) dtermines the Kind of Bank to open base in neareness?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
Can anyone send me a link to Start My blocked account opening?
Either fintiba or Deutsche Bank
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Adetunjionafuwa: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
BabaEuro:

No you wouldn't pay any fee
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Talk2bryant(m): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
honourableseyi:

If they didn't allow you to have the interview, it will be better. However, the two instances I have seen, they were both allowed to have the interview. The first person was rejected after 2 days of the interview, while another person pleaded with the VO during the interview and promised to forward it by courier as soon as he gets home ( He has it but didn't go with it). So if eventually you were allowed to have the interview, then look for a way to plead with the VO that you will forward it within the week and start working on Fintiba block account starting from today. To those that will be using SL in the future, always have plan B if you are not sure of when the SL will be ready which is the opening of Fintiba account even if you are not going to use it. Shalom

I intend to ask for a reschedule for the same day to arrange all my documents. I hope this applies in lagos , got the screenshot from a google search

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chevronstaff: 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
Berliner1:

German Language: This is the most important and paramount factors here...Have seen an guy who did Bsc and Msc here engineering yet no professional job due to language barrier.He personally told me he has no flair for language.

Without these three point, BSC or MBA landing a Good job in Germany will be tough/impossible.
Hmm...Really
How about relocating to Canada via the Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program ??
How easy is it moving from Germany to Canada? I think that would be a better option for dat guy....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
oladejitaiwo:
Can anyone send me a link to Start My blocked account opening?
Either fintiba or Deutsche Bank

fintiba.com
follow the instructions there. you can successfully open an account with them without asking any question here. if you don't have admission yet, when it asks for your school, juss put any on the schools u applied to. Also you are a student visa applicants(there is a place it will ask u).

And preferably use a laptop when it's time for documents verification.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
bulalakoboko:
please is Rheinwaal University of Apllied Science on Uniasist? I tried to pick it on the dropdown but it wasn't there.I need help please.
Yes its there. But hope you have TestAS certificate if you applying to mechanical engineering
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by iphyjon: 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
bulalakoboko:
please is Rheinwaal University of Apllied Science on Uniasist? I tried to pick it on the dropdown but it wasn't there.I need help please.

Look for Kleve... That's Rhein-Waal
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 12:18am On Jan 08, 2018
Talk2bryant:

I intend to ask for a reschedule for the same day to arrange all my documents. I hope this applies in lagos , got the screenshot from a google search

This is the German Embassy in South Africa, the same cannot be applicable in Nigeria. Go ahead with your interview, let's know the outcome tomorrow to know exactly the next step to take. Whichever way, you will surely study in Germany this year God's grace. Put your mind at rest and focus on the interview so as not to have double wahala. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dankeschon: 3:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Gcapable:
This will be my last post about this issue.

The "Homeland Immigration office" as you call it is also responsible for issuing passports, yet every embassy issues passports to their citizen living abroad.

The same city office is responsible for issuing Birth and Death Certificate, yet this same embassy issues these certificates to citizens living abroad.

These same embassy process tax, pension, marriages and many other services for the citizen abroad. The embassy is much more than a visa issuing institute.

If the embassy doesnt offer such service, it wont be on its website.

P.S. Nobody is an island of knowledge. There are a lot of rights, privileges and information which we dont know about because we are not informed about them and we dont discuss about them. The fact that we are not informed about them doesnt mean they dont exist.
For example, it use to be the norm in part 1 of this thread that when apply for student visa, you just have to wait till the embassy write you to come until someone wrote the foreigners office of his city to enquire about tge status of his visa before it became the norm on this thread (you have the right to be concern about your visa status when the 8weeks the embassy specified lapse). The same way many didnt know about appealing a rejection even though the embassy do write it on the rejection letter until esdajo did and was issued the visa.

My sincere apologies; I humbly stand corrected and thanks a lot for the info.

However, G, your initial response to that guy was kinda harsh sha; loosen up a lil. It's true we don't have faces here, but there's still a brotherly spirit in the house.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2018
Nawwaooo.

I just went through 3 pages and alot of troubles already.

I have always advised ppl to go back and read other set questions and how they got solved den u can ask for confirmation.

It will only take u a day to do that and it will clear all doubts.

Anyways, I wish I have time by me, I would be glad to help solve problems here.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olanrewaju92(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2018
Mrbigman1:
Nawwaooo.

I just went through 3 pages and alot of troubles already.

I have always advised ppl to go back and read other set questions and how they got solved den u can ask for confirmation.

It will only take u a day to do that and it will clear all doubts.

Anyways, I wish I have time by me, I would be glad to help solve problems here.

The Bigman same I saw. Our time almost one week I calm down read from part 1-3. Thereafter everything settled, na to just come confirm dey thereafter
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2018
Just finished my interview. Transcript wull be downloaded later.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Yobaby: 9:13am On Jan 08, 2018
Good morning efamily, please I am in my school now trying to get my English proficiency letter and they insist I put an address.
Can I use uni-assist address since I would be applying to other schools

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.