Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693691 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
smokey12345:
I am Temitope and i am happy to come across this thread..
I studied architecture in UNiversity of Jos and I graduated with Second Class Lower.. I would love to pursue my Masters in Germany.. Maybe Landscape Architecture... Safety or Construction and Project Managenment... Pls where do i start from

start from part 2 of this thread to get exclusive. this particular question has been answered there times without number.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2018
Dailydollar please are you online. You can reach me on afolabi.janet@ymail.com. i need to ask some questions
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by datsgeorge(m): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
My interview is on Friday and I'm wondering where I can get a prepaid envelope and the cost. Also should the envelope be addressed to the embassy? And I've got my transcript do I need to take it to the embassy along with other documents too? Or no need.
Then lastly any other information I need to know regarding my interview will be appreciated. I'm going to Leibniz University Hannover Msc Physics.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by EmmaIK: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2018
Jigba:

Really?

Mine just verified my documents and went home lipsrsealed

By verify I mean he went to my school, the hospital I was born etc

Hello Jigba,

We're your parents contacted? What kind of questions were they asked?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
EmmaIK:

Hello Jigba,

We're your parents contacted? What kind of questions were they asked?

Thanks.

My parents were around that day. Mine was 'child joining parent'

I guess yours is 'spouse joining foreign spouse'. From others experience, I heard they contacted their parents, so yes

They would also call your relatives to ask them some questions, happened during mine
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by smokey12345: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
Pls i have searched part 2, the thing is too long..

I never come across any thing

Pls just tell me here the first 3 things i need to do.. Pls I want to put in for Msc in Construction, Landscape Architecture, Interior Architecture and Safety

My Education: Bsc Architecture
School: University of Jos
Grade: 2-2 (Second Class lower)

Thanks God bless you all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
smokey12345:

Pls just tell me here the first 3 things i need to do.. Pls I want to put in for Msc in Construction, Landscape Architecture, Interior Architecture and Safety

Thanks God bless you all

Nobody expected you to read the whole part 2 in a day.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2018
smokey12345:

Thanks God bless you all
Take sometime to read back cos everything you need has been answered . Even if you can start from the beginning of part 4.We cannot continue to go back and forth.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2018
smokey12345:

Thanks God bless you all

Go to daad.de
Input your desired course and searrch for schools offering it
Check the requirements and see if you meet all.
Certify all d docs required at a high court or at the german embassy
Wait for the application portal of each sch to open
Apply online. And send all your documents to the schs by post

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by joshuaarmani2: 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
BabaEuro:
Take sometime to read back cos everything you need has been answered . Even if you can start from the beginning of part 4.We cannot continue to go back and forth.
Bro, please have you funded your blocked account?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
datsgeorge:
Hello everyone,
My interview is on Friday and I'm wondering where I can get a prepaid envelope and the cost. Also should the envelope be addressed to the embassy? And I've got my transcript do I need to take it to the embassy along with other documents too? Or no need.
Then lastly any other information I need to know regarding my interview will be appreciated. I'm going to Leibniz University Hannover Msc Physics.

Address it to
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island Lagos.

To: your own address.

you can get prepaid courier envelope at any popular courier offices like DHL and FedEx.
you can take your transcript along with you, don't forget to make 2 copies of it too.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
joshuaarmani2:

Bro, please have you funded your blocked account?

Yes, and have sent confirmation of the block account to embassy since on Friday last week. They immediately acknowledged that they have received it.Have you done your interview?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by olahero(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
Please is there any one here living in Hamburg, have stayed or travel there for somethin? how is live there?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by joshuaarmani2: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
BabaEuro:
Yes, and have sent confirmation of the block account to embassy since on Friday last week. They immediately acknowledged that they have received it.Have you done your interview?

That's good to know. I haven't gone for my interview. It's still some weeks away. Please let's connect if you don't mind. I'll PM you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adaokafor: 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
Please I need advice. I had my interview with my old passport. I've been asked to bring insurance along with my passport. I know I can collect the visa on a new passport but the challenge is with the insurance. I contacted an insurance company just to find out the requirements. My passport is being renewed so I told them I'd rather wait to get my new passport but was assured that they could work with the old, that the requirement for passport was just a formality so I could send them a copy of my old one which I still had. I assumed that the details of my old passport would not be on the insurance but I was wrong because I got it today and everything is there.This means I would be submitting my new passport (with old one attached and obviously now invalid) with insurance carrying old passport's number and expiry date to the embassy. I'm skeptical about this. Would this be a problem since my visa would obviously be on the new passport with new number? Shouldn't the details on the insurance tally with the new passport instead? Experts in the house, please help!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
BabaEuro:

Please how did you fund? Do you know anyone selling euros?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2018
ayomeah:

Yes pls which bank is best for that
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
ayomeah:

I started buying euro gradually since September last year from aboki into my domiciliary account, and then transfer from my domi account to Block account. What I normally do is that,whenever i want to buy euro,I will just go to eko hotel ask randomly till I meet someone who has the euro.I will tell the person to follow me to my bank with his euro, the banker will check the authenticity and upon confirmation of authenticity ,I will transfer the agreed equivalent in naira to him or withdraw and give him.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
BabaEuro:

I started buying euro gradually since September last year from aboki into my domiciliary account, and then transfer from my domi account to Block account.
But that will be more expensive now that's black market
Will it not be better to use form A or what do you think
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hayor4real:

Thanks
Bank rates is cheaper
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hayor4real:

Thanks
Bank rate is cheaper
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hayor4real:

Thanks
If your funding is not that urgent, you can fund with form A, but I don't see any significant difference as most banks now are even using black market rate to do form A. Domi account takes 2 days . Someone should verify any way. The best thing would be to get a reliable person in Germany who can do the transfer while equivalent in naira is paid into the persons account. But who will bell the cat?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
BabaEuro:
If your funding is not that urgent, you can fund with form A, but I don't see any significant difference as most banks now are even using black market rate to do form A. Domi account takes 2 days . Someone should verify any way. The best thing would be to get a reliable person in Germany who can do the transfer while equivalent in naira is paid into the persons account. But who will bell the cat?

How many working days after the transfer to your Blocked account did you get the blocked confirmation?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Billyjim: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
Anybody apply to uni kassel and free uni of berlin

Feliciaonyi:

send me an email feliciaonyi@gmail.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kingswise: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2018
please has anybody that was affected from booking an appointment after canceled the first one due to inconvenience date or any reasons best known to him/her able to book new one ,because am yet to book fresh one.please help by replying.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
kingswise:
please has anybody that was affected from booking an appointment after canceled the first one due to inconvenience date or any reasons best known to him/her able to book new one ,because am yet to book fresh one.please help by replying.

Yes, i cancelled and rebooked. But that was in the early days of December. I wouldnt advise you to cancel yoir appointment now.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 12:49am On Jan 16, 2018
adaokafor:
Please I need advice. I had my interview with my old passport. I've been asked to bring insurance along with my passport. I know I can collect the visa on a new passport but the challenge is with the insurance. I contacted an insurance company just to find out the requirements. My passport is being renewed so I told them I'd rather wait to get my new passport but was assured that they could work with the old, that the requirement for passport was just a formality so I could send them a copy of my old one which I still had. I assumed that the details of my old passport would not be on the insurance but I was wrong because I got it today and everything is there.This means I would be submitting my new passport (with old one attached and obviously now invalid) with insurance carrying old passport's number and expiry date to the embassy. I'm skeptical about this. Would this be a problem since my visa would obviously be on the new passport with new number? Shouldn't the details on the insurance tally with the new passport instead? Experts in the house, please help!

First of all, congrats as regard your visa approval.

Secondly, ur passport isn't much of a problem. Just submit both of them, the embassy knows what to do as you have shown transparency by submitting both passport incase they have any doubt. So that shouldn't bother you.

Thirdly and lastly, when did you do your interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by debris: 1:07am On Jan 16, 2018
Abimbola2018:

Go to daad.de
Input your desired course and searrch for schools offering it
Check the requirements and see if you meet all.
Certify all d docs required at a high court or at the german embassy
Wait for the application portal of each sch to open
Apply online. And send all your documents to the schs by post

hi
please i already seen the schools and pograms i want to apply, 2 schools requested i send it through uni-assist regarding the other 2 requsting i send it by post are there other things i need to formally do here before sending it as all required documents are ready.

Again if am sending it which postal means is advisable?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 4:39am On Jan 16, 2018
ayomeah:

How many working days after the transfer to your Blocked account did you get the blocked confirmation?
its automatic. I transferred on Wednesday morning 8am from first bank and got blocking confirmation on Friday morning 5am
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 4:45am On Jan 16, 2018
kingswise:
I cancelled in Dec 28th due to issues I heard regarding appointment confirmation, but on Dec 31st I was lucky to see another better date than before.It affected my well-being anyway as u have to virtually stay awake .

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.