Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693473 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
Germanyinabit:
Hallo Leute,
Congratulations to those who have received their visa and goodluck to all those awaiting theirs like me

I rarely see family reunion post here but I believe someone can help me out.

I had my interview at the german embassy on 3-01-2018 and my investigation was Finalised on 18-01-2018. Is it possible I might receive my visa this month?
Is there any other fam reunion applicant whose visa was processed within a month?
Is this normal? I have been on fasting since 1st of Jan. Could it be the reason why they started my process quickly?
Thanks and God bless us all!

I got my family reunion visa after 6 months. A family friend's children got theirs after barely one month.

Also note that, it could go beyond 6 months. You just have to be patient and don't try to send them any email.

It's different for everyone, I believe

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
ozyomar1:
A.M. dropped yesterday.
My journey started last year summer session. I had a national scholarship thinking, that could serve as sufficient proof of funding at the German embassy just like in other embassies. For where! despite my series of mails I was told I couldn't use that. They advised I give my sponsors my block account details to pay in the scholarship worth before I could be granted an interview date.

I deferred to winter session last year.. praying my sponsors would pay on time .To cut my story short they finally paid. Now I was faced with another battle getting an appointment from the embassy. My admission letter equally came in late. I tried all to no avail.The only thing I didn't do was to request Angela Merkel to write to them to give me an appointment.

It was hard, very hard but I started the journey again.This time I had my admission letter way before time. Interview was on 11/12/2017. Interview was cool, the lady who interviewed me was nice. Nothing outside from questions shared in this forum (Thanks guys).Please go with all of your documents. I carelessly went with just one copy of my motivational letter. I had to make a copy later.

My AM dropped yesterday but I didn't even notice till this morning.. exactly 6 weeks from my interview. I wouldn't say I wasn't tensed up. I was but I had confidence in God. Knowing He will complete what He started.

I wish all my fellow prospective scholars the best in their pursuits. Those waiting for admission letters or AM ..patience is the key. We will all get our dreams accompanished. All the best. RUB here I come

Congratulations, more AM on the way

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Adedrizzy(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
Berliner1:
Anyone applying to BREMEN, BERLIN AND INNER PART OF MUNICH, Look for accomodation before coming here if not, you on for a long ride.

The average rent for a small room in these city is 350 with exception to berlin.

And like how much might berlin be?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
Congratulations to all those who got their VISA. Come to Deutschland and succeed!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
ozyomar1:

Yes dear. You have also been of invaluable help to me. Its an honour knowing you. Congratulations once more. See you in Germany

Greater honour and privilege knowing you too

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Billyjim: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
But it was stated in the uni-assist pre evaluation that we can use that letter apply for visa.

ozyomar1:

No it is the main document you require
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
Billyjim:
But it was stated in the uni-assist pre evaluation that we can use that letter apply for visa.

It may apply to some countries, BUT not for a country like Nigeria.
So patiently wait for the admission letter before doing the needful.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Berliner1: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
Williamso:

What might Berlin be? I'm asking because I think it's about the same (more if inside the ring)

Berlin is more cheaper but most of the houses are old...infact you can only get house in the hostel or outside berlin.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by heybaby12(f): 10:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
Congratulations to those with their visas..... And God speed for those waiting for AM or interview dates...... ....

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by fuzzyhuzzy: 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hi Guys.

Please whats the typical wait time for receiving my passports back after sending it in response to the A.M. Anyone with experience with that should please share.

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by uk101: 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
Jigba:

I got my family reunion visa after 6 months. A family friend's children got theirs after barely one month.

Also note that, it could go beyond 6 months. You just have to be patient and don't try to send them any email.

It's different for everyone, I believe

When applying to Germany for a student visa can a married lady with the offer of admission also apply visa for her husband?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
fuzzyhuzzy:
Hi Guys.

Please whats the typical wait time for receiving my passports back after sending it in response to the A.M. Anyone with experience with that should please share.

Thanks.

Well, it depend on the courier service you used because it's often a reflection on how fast it got to the embassy as well as hw fast it got delivered to you from the embassy.

Notwithstanding, it usually take an average of 5-8days from the day you post
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
uk101:

When applying to Germany for a student visa can a married lady with the offer of admission also apply visa for her husband?

It's possible, but it will often reduce your chances of visa approval especially when it has to do with Nigerians.

Why not use oda alternatives, especially when you have gotten your visa approved.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Bhydemi: 12:13am On Jan 24, 2018
Guys I have a serious issue at hand, my enrollment date is April 1st. I was in the middle of visa interview booking for 21.03.2018 when it brought back "no available dates" . Please what can I do about this. I am in serious need of options here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 12:27am On Jan 24, 2018
Berliner1:

Berlin is more cheaper but most of the houses are old...infact you can only get house in the hostel or outside berlin.

In the ring is definitely not cheaper
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by EmmaIK: 2:05am On Jan 24, 2018
Germanyinabit:
Hallo Leute,
Congratulations to those who have received their visa and goodluck to all those awaiting theirs like me

I rarely see family reunion post here but I believe someone can help me out.

I had my interview at the german embassy on 3-01-2018 and my investigation was Finalised on 18-01-2018. Is it possible I might receive my visa this month?
Is there any other fam reunion applicant whose visa was processed within a month?
Is this normal? I have been on fasting since 1st of Jan. Could it be the reason why they started my process quickly?
Thanks and God bless us all!

Hello, how did you find out your investigation has been finalized? Did they send you a mail?

I am also applying for Family Reunion.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by fuzzyhuzzy: 2:13am On Jan 24, 2018
Metabolite01:

Well, it depend on the courier service you used because it's often a reflection on how fast it got to the embassy as well as hw fast it got delivered to you from the embassy.

Notwithstanding, it usually take an average of 5-8days from the day you post

Ok thank you. I used dhl and I stay in Lagos.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Bhydemi: 5:55am On Jan 24, 2018
Bhydemi:
Guys I have a serious issue at hand, my enrollment date is April 1st. I was in the middle of visa interview booking for 21.03.2018 when it brought back "no available dates" . Please what can I do about this. I am in serious need of options here

Guys pls help a brother
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 24, 2018
uk101:

No
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Bhydemi:

Guys pls help a brother

Wait for the next appointment dates to be added
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by YSPON: 6:10am On Jan 24, 2018
Once again, I want to say a big thank you to everyone for their contribution to the successful receipt of my Visa yesterday evening delivered by DHL to me at my work place.

It might interest you to know that I applied for this particular course (sponsored tho) thrice before being successful during my fourth attempt should help you keep the faith. Delay is not Denial and remember sometimes God may have other plans.

I pray for success to those waiting for admission/AM we shall all be successful.

To those I messaged low-key even when the waiting time was eating me deep thank you very much.

Anyone going to / knows anyone going to the University of Leipzig should kindly holla.

Much love.

10 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 6:55am On Jan 24, 2018
YSPON:
Once again, I want to say a big thank you to everyone for their contribution to the successful receipt of my Visa yesterday evening delivered by DHL to me at my work place.

It might interest you to know that I applied for this particular course (sponsored tho) thrice before being successful during my fourth attempt should help you keep the faith. Delay is not Denial and remember sometimes God may have other plans.

I pray for success to those waiting for admission/AM we shall all be successful.

To those I messaged low-key even when the waiting time was eating me deep thank you very much.

Anyone going to / knows anyone going to the University of Leipzig should kindly holla.

Much love.

Congrats Baba!

Countless opportunities await you in Germany.
Go and possess your possessions.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 7:00am On Jan 24, 2018
Bhydemi:

Guys pls help a brother

Be hopeful, watchful and prayerful
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2018
fuzzyhuzzy:

Ok thank you. I used dhl and I stay in Lagos.

Then it shd get to you much quicker.

Let's say within 5days
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Stargpressy: 7:03am On Jan 24, 2018
Who else has been admitted by Htw Berlin for Master program in international Business?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Germanyinabit: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2018
EmmaIK:

Hello, how did you find out your investigation has been finalized? Did they send you a mail?

I am also applying for Family Reunion.

Thanks.

Yes I got an email from the embassy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Germanyinabit: 7:09am On Jan 24, 2018
YSPON:

Much love.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Berliner1: 7:34am On Jan 24, 2018
Williamso:

In the ring is definitely not cheaper

But its practically impossible to get a single student room in that axis.

Comparing the inner city of berlin and Munich am sure you know berlin is cheaper.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 7:56am On Jan 24, 2018
Stargpressy:
Who else has been admitted by Htw Berlin for Master program in international Business?

Are you on daad scholarship
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2018
YSPON:

Much love.

Congratulations boss, the grace of God is sufficient for us. I can't wait to write my story too.
Never never give up

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 8:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Berliner1:

But its practically impossible to get a single student room in that axis.

Comparing the inner city of berlin and Munich am sure you know berlin is cheaper.

I'm not saying it's on par with Munich. I'm saying it's a great deal to get a "single room" for 350€ anywhere outside Marzahn and/or Lichtenberg (which for obvious reasons I wouldn't advise anyone to stay). 350€ may be feasible in a WG, but even that would be outside the ring.

My point is, contrary to the popularly held belief, Berlin is NOT cheap, although it's certainly cheaper than Munich.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.