Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (692215 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Odingo1: 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Germanyinabit:

Thanks alot.
Is the yellow card (vaccination card) needed at point of entry in Deutschland ?
No

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Odingo1: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
NiyoTemi:
Please what about travel start?
I dont really know about travel start, I used wakanow and they are good.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 11:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
Do dey accept proficiency letter from Nigeria university
kelvin91:

Yeah I applied.
And I got an acceptance letter from them.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 12:27am On Feb 23, 2018
kelvin91:

I got my reply two months after after my application.

Thanks, I'll add them to my catalogue of winter application
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 12:35am On Feb 23, 2018
Magma012:
what are the benefits of learning German language at a German institute(Abj/Lag)....... apart from communicating freely ova there,,,, the money they are calling is wot i dont have,,,, thinking of learning the language locally with a man i know that teaches German.. gurus pls advice me

For me,the biggest benefit of learning German is it makes you more employable in the German job market as you're not restricted to only English speaking jobs.

For the Goethe institut, their schedule is rigid, they have four trimesters, once a trimester kicks off, you can't join again. So, if you can get a reliable, verified instructor, it will be faster for you to go from A to B level proficiency
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:01am On Feb 23, 2018
Magma012:
what are the benefits of learning German language at a German institute(Abj/Lag)....... apart from communicating freely ova there,,,, the money they are calling is wot i dont have,,,, thinking of learning the language locally with a man i know that teaches German.. gurus pls advice me

Nothing much after communication so far your course is not in German. The employer will not ask you to come with a German language certificate anyway. But be sure that you are proficient in it irrespective of where you want to learn it in Nigeria, you will be happy you did when you get here. Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:06am On Feb 23, 2018
DeutscheFrau:
Good morning gurus in the house
I successfully opened a fintiba account and i want to findout if someone can send some funds to the account via paypal from America
Please your response will be appreciated.
Thanks guys

cc Eke40seven, Honourableseyi, Donokafor, Jigba
Please help a sister out guys

Be careful with paypal money transfer mostly when the money is in a lump sum and it is not from your paypal account to your personal account directly. Sometimes they can block it and might take them ages to clear. You can ask the person to first withdraw it to his bank account from paypal and then use online money transfer to transfer it from his account to your fintiba account. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:12am On Feb 23, 2018
oladejitaiwo:

Did your school recommend any health insurance for you? If not, DAK and AOK is better. But i think your Health insurance still covers Travel insurance.

If you are planning on using AOK in Germany, it is better to register for it from Nigeria and use same to obtain your visa. The downside of AOK which I want to point out is, if your school enrolment starts March, but resume late due to one delay or the other, AOK will start charging from when your enrolment starts and not when you enter Germany. If you enter 3 months late, they will take the monthly fee for the whole 3 months that you are still in Nigeria; though they can be flexible with the payment. Shalom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:17am On Feb 23, 2018
Jeromesz:
Hello guys, I applied last year via uniassist and got admission at ovgu Magdeburg. But I wasn't able to get a visa appointment, I'm looking to apply to FH Lübeck for the winter semester still via uniassist. I know I have to pay another processing fee but do I still have to send certified documents all over again?

You don't have to, provided all the requirements by the new school are met with the document you sent earlier. However, you must print, sign and send the uni-assist application form. To save cost, you can ask someone you know/trust in Germany to help you print, sign(by sending your signature to him/her) and send. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:33am On Feb 23, 2018
dammymayor:
Please I don’t understand something. Why and how is studying in a fee paying school a waste of money? How is 97% of schools free in Germany too? Somebody please help me out. Where is statistic coming from?
Even if 99% of schools are free in Germany, don’t you know how competitive it is to get it. You think it’s everybody that made first class or good 2:1. I’ve been doing this Germany thing at least since 2013. Everyday I see it get harder and harder to get in. Even the private schools people are insulting here most have stopped taking anything less than 2.5. Manu people I know in Germany that are working now and are getting papers now came in through private school. I can’t even count. Private school is faster and more convenient. I’ve been helping people get in now for 3 years. Nobody I helped get in to a private school that is not doing one thing or the other now. Nobody is back in Nigeria. I repeat NOBODY. If you don’t believe contact me by mail. Let me show you live examples. Let me just advise o. Me I don’t know much but what I know I can share. If you’re here and your GP is is 2.6-2.7 on German scale don’t bother with public school. Just conserve your money. Unless you’re applying to a school that can take work experience and substitute it to improve your GP. It’s not a matter of prayer. They can’t take you. So just look for fee paying course that may have mercy on you and accept you. And finally don’t assume everybody is in The same boat as you. I’ve seen Nigerians in Germany that are in private schools that’s pay 22k euros per annum. Comfortably. I’ve seen a Nigerian study MSc finance in Frankfurt. His fees was 36k euros. Nigerians have money. The sooner you believe the less you stress yourself. Also I went to a fee paying school in Stuttgart in 2015 and I want to believe I’m doing well for myself. I agree that majority go the Germany becos of cheap costs but the assumption that everybody goes to Germany becos of cost is a big deceit. Don’t be fooled. Like I said all fingers are not equal. If you’re here and it’s fee paying school you see and you can afford it, better you enter Germany quick. It won’t be like this forever.

This can only be possible if he is getting money from his parent, uncle and relatives back home. Another option is to be involved in drug or shady deal which will surely spend doom in a short while. Because I don't see how a self-sponsored international student from a non-EU country without an external income but only on student job will be paying €22k and €36K per annum as school fees (without other bills) and will still be okay in this same Germany. My advice to everyone reading this if you have Dasuki as your godfather or politicians as your uncles and sisters or you are into yahoo+ or Dangot, Adenuga et al are people you can easily run to; then, you will be fine with that figure as school fees. But if you know that even when you are here, some people are looking up to you to send something back to me or with borrowed money or you be real hustler, please run away from the above post. I repeat, runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Finally, someone can still get Msc admission with 3.0 German scale to some schools. 2.6/2.7 will get more than one school without work experience depending on the program. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:46am On Feb 23, 2018
Outstandingmam:

Really? Does it mean mothers don't apply for masters in Germany? Maybe I'll be the first then..lol

Thanks

It is not easy studying with kids here if you are just coming in directly. So many things are involved right from the block account money needed which will surely be higher than the normal €8,900, to the issue of accommodation, studying and hustling limitation if you have that plan in mind; since you will need to give them attention and time, convincing the embassy on the subsequent funds and other things. It would have been easier or better if KINDERGELD is available for students with §16 residence permit. It is better to come first if possible and later apply for a family reunion for the kids. But make sure you fill their details in your visa application form if you will like to take that route during your interview. However, if you have the money, it is doable. shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Billyjim:

I need accomodation in berlin

If you need temporary accommodation in Berlin for a month or two. PM

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DInkMan(m): 7:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Well done guys for all your kind responses. I have 2 requests?

Who knows other means of obtaining English as a medium of instruction in Lagos. My school of graduation joint non-academic staff have been on strike for the past 75days making it impossible to obtain.
Secondly, who can assist in prompt payment of uni-assist fees? Want to beat the 1st of march increment deadline.
Gracias

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 7:25am On Feb 23, 2018
honourableseyi:

If you are planning on using AOK in Germany, it is better to register for it from Nigeria and use same to obtain your visa. The downside of AOK which I want to point out is, if your school enrolment starts March, but resume late due to one delay or the other, AOK will start charging from when your enrolment starts and not when you enter Germany. If you enter 3 months late, they will take the monthly fee for the whole 3 months that you are still in Nigeria; though they can be flexible with the payment. Shalom

Honourableseyi....... You are perfectly right and am happy with that short and meanimgful response.

Sir, can i also prrsent the one i will usw to obtain visa during THE Interview or until they ASK for it. THE reason for that question is becos i have gotten THE letter of certification from AOK already.

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Otunba147: 8:21am On Feb 23, 2018
Good morning all, please house is it possible to be issued a student visa, if your blocked account is partly funded lets assume 5k euro. A friend is in a fixed your swift responses will be appreciated.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by janna01: 8:31am On Feb 23, 2018
goldsmiths:

How is that possible I thought applications don't start till April/may 15

I was supposed to receive the letter since last year but since I didn't get it , I pleaded for my application to be for winter 2018 so I was sent the admission letter. please are you going to konstanz or are you in konstanz?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by goldsmiths: 8:43am On Feb 23, 2018
janna01:

I was supposed to receive the letter since last year but since I didn't get it , I pleaded for my application to be for winter 2018 so I was sent the admission letter. please are you going to konstanz or are you in konstanz?
What course are you going for?,is it taught in English
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DInkMan(m): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2018
Otunba147:
Good morning all, please house is it possible to be issued a student visa, if your blocked account is partly funded lets assume 5k euro. A friend is in a fixed your swift responses will be appreciated.

Thank you and God bless.

Not possible to be issued student visa. The complete
Amount is mandatory.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:17am On Feb 23, 2018
oladejitaiwo:

Honourableseyi....... You are perfectly right and am happy with that short and meanimgful response.

Sir, can i also prrsent the one i will usw to obtain visa during THE Interview or until they ASK for it. THE reason for that question is becos i have gotten THE letter of certification from AOK already.

Thanks.

Wait till when they ask for it after the interview . Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 9:45am On Feb 23, 2018
Are there anyone in the house that went for their Interview this today?

Please, let US hear from you. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by janna01: 10:01am On Feb 23, 2018
goldsmiths:
What course are you going for?,is it taught in English
T course (German)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2018
kelvin91:

Thank you bro.
Remain bless

Amen!
You too.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by goldsmiths: 11:17am On Feb 23, 2018
janna01:

T course (German)
Oh.you are going for studienkolleg
U don't have 100level transcript
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jejet1: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
Those with family reunion application..... Any update ?
Its been 8 weeks with no feedback from the embassy.
Never heard from the lawyer who will do the investigation
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Knaruto(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Umennajiego:
thanks alot for the review, but as my inquiries tell some schools in German teach this course in English...and when it comes to history there are different histories to concentrate on,
History or contemporary polities and diplomacy
European history
History of the America North & south
Military or religions history
AFrica
It all depends on what the individual wants to do after the M.A. Germany is good but not everyone plans to stay.
For me, the course I intend on studying is really broad and concerns modern concept that are marketable.

M.A...Road to Democracies- Historical and contemporary perspective on politics and culture.
This course is from UNIVERSITY OF SIEGEN I presume
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Billyjim: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
I sent u a PM already

honourableseyi:

If you need temporary accommodation in Berlin for a month or two. PM
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by janna01: 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
goldsmiths:
Oh.you are going for studienkolleg U don't have 100level transcript
yes I already said that. Are you going to konstanz or what?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bochu03: 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
OK.. Here
dayjeee:
have u gained admission for winter there?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blazykid02(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
janna01:

yes I already said that. Are you going to konstanz or what?

Please i sent you a pm... Or you can as well send a pm.. Let's connect
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by NiyoTemi: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Man ke. Am a Lady pls. Haven't done interview yet. When re u resuming?
Nordan:

Same man. Done the interview though. You?

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.