Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (692097 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adesbaba: 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Williamso:

Honesty is heartbreaking tongue

Lolzzzz....Fear don dey catch me...but its good to be rather prepared....Thinking of MSC international business in Osnabruck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bulalakoboko(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
Reality makes people fear. @ jigba and williamso, thanks for being honest. It's better to be informed than go there and reality sets in.Two things are propelling me to Germany, the first is proper initiation/ baptism into the world of science so that I will have a thorough understanding of real world applications of theories in solving real life problems. The second is proper dissolution into germany without any precipitate.The four years I spent in Naija university amount to nothing. If three years is what I need to complete my Msc and get my bearings so be it.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
Litolysis:
Happy Weekend to you all.
Had my interview on 22/02/2018.

Some of the questions are:
What do you want to study?
Why the course?
Can you speak German?
Why Germany?
Why not USA, UK or Canada?
What was your undergraduate project all about?
What do you know about Germany?
What's your plan after your studies?
Where do you wish to work after your course?

These are the ones I can remember now. Guten Morgen onces again!

Nice!
Well done bro.

A.M fall on you soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 10:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
jcgodfrey:
Hi guys. Wanna appreciate this thread for all the good info sharing over the past months I've been applying. Got admitted to University of Southern Westphalia (Soest) for this summer; would be going to Lag next week for my visa interview, haven't funded, and as things turned out to be, probably won't.
Ran into some life issues and I may have to postpone the whole thing to winter or next year, I don't know.
But anyways, I booked the interview already on Feb. 28th, so I wanna ask, even though I know I may not go through with the whole funding process cus long story short, I don't have the means as I thought I would, is it still advisable to turn up for the visa interview?
Thanks guys.

Will advise you cancel the appointment instead of getting a rejection because of inability to fund, since u already know you can't fund now.
Except maybe u believe God dat a miracle will happen soon regarding the funding stuffs.
Miracles still happen!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 12:30am On Feb 25, 2018
isaacosas01:
So I'm finishing my NYSC in April and want to start looking at applying for Msc into Germany now! I have read a little here, you guys are amazing.

My question is shebi i can apply without uni-assit because I nor get their money oo, also I know a friend once apply directly to a school in Germany and was given admission.

Secondly abeg how I fit convert my Nigerian GPA to German scale.

And as i still be Jew, any particular resource I need to look at apart from reading through this thread would be a blessing, I need to join the hustle abeg.

I also see people talking about scholarships, but I thought that public schools in Germany are already free, abeg help me understand.

Lemme answer the last question as I saw on other post dat ur oda questions has been answered except d German grading and d last question.

Tuition free doesn't mean you will be given free food, free accommodation, free welfare, etc. Lol

So you have to show financial capability to tackle all these basic and personal welfare needs. Moreova, u still need to pay what they call "semester fee or semester contribution". Anyway, that isn't too much depending on the school, and it usually comes with some additional benefits. So having mentioned all these, you now see where scholarship comes in.

Lemme elaborate more: Scholarship either take care of part or all of these extra/personal expenses (in some cases, including tuition fees, depending on d type of scholarship and d school involved if its not a tuition-free school).
If not so, you have to get someone residing in Germany to sponsor you or you get your blocked account funded with a minimum of €8640 aside account opening charges.

To some little extent, hope I've been able to clear your doubt regarding this?

Good luck in ur aspired/future Germany school pursuit!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 25, 2018
Metabolite01:

Will advise you cancel the appointment instead of getting a rejection because of inability to fund, since u already know you can't fund now.
Except maybe u believe God dat a miracle will happen soon regarding the funding stuffs.
Miracles still happen!

Thanks! I didn't even think of that though. Okay, i'll have until Monday to decide. If I were to go through with the interview, for instance, and if a rejection were to eventually suffice, assuming, any idea how long would that take for them to make that judgment? I'm to resume April 17th.

Thanks for your reply once again.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 1:53am On Feb 25, 2018
isaacosas01:
So I'm finishing my NYSC in April and want to start looking at applying for Msc into Germany now! I have read a little here, you guys are amazing.

My question is shebi i can apply without uni-assit because I nor get their money oo, also I know a friend once apply directly to a school in Germany and was given admission.

Secondly abeg how I fit convert my Nigerian GPA to German scale.

And as i still be Jew, any particular resource I need to look at apart from reading through this thread would be a blessing, I need to join the hustle abeg.

I also see people talking about scholarships, but I thought that public schools in Germany are already free, abeg help me understand.

You can convert your GPA here https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/

Max Grade=5, Min Pass Grade=1.5

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by joshuaarmani2: 6:37am On Feb 25, 2018
jcgodfrey:
Hi guys. Wanna appreciate this thread for all the good info sharing over the past months I've been applying. Got admitted to University of Southern Westphalia (Soest) for this summer; would be going to Lag next week for my visa interview, haven't funded, and as things turned out to be, probably won't.
Ran into some life issues and I may have to postpone the whole thing to winter or next year, I don't know.
But anyways, I booked the interview already on Feb. 28th, so I wanna ask, even though I know I may not go through with the whole funding process cus long story short, I don't have the means as I thought I would, is it still advisable to turn up for the visa interview?
Thanks guys.

Hello bro, sorry about how things turn out for you at this time. I know you must be going thru loads of stuff. My tots and prayers are with you.

On your appointment with the embassy, please don't cancel it. You'll be banned for 6months as it's more than 1 week notice you're supposed to give.

I recommend you appear at the the embassy with some missing important documents like admission letter or sth and allow Paulinus to put a call thru to the VO's inside. You'll be asked to go and reapply and when you have ur complete documents.

That way, you buy time for yourself against winter or summer next year. It happened to someone recently.

Don't give up... Don't give in.. don't quit.

Regards.

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2018
joshuaarmani2:

Hello bro, sorry about how things turn out for you at this time. I know you must be going thru loads of stuff. My tots and prayers are with you.

On your appointment with the embassy, please don't cancel it. You'll be banned for 6months as it's more than 1 week notice you're supposed to give.

I recommend you appear at the the embassy with some missing important documents like admission letter or sth and allow Paulinus to put a call thru to the VO's inside. You'll be asked to go and reapply and when you have ur complete documents.

That way, you buy time for yourself against winter or summer next year. It happened to someone recently.

Regards.

Joshua, woh, thanks ooo. Infact, the matter weak me. Nice suggestion. Although I might still be holding out for a miracle, but if I were to go through with the interview and if a "rejection" wouldn't affect my future chances, etc, yea, I may do the interview.
So, I guess i'll like to know if a rejection would affect future moves, and how long it would take for them to make that decision given I'm to resume April 17th.
I'm trying not to be pessimistic in all these though, but I'm just considering all scenarios.
Thanks bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DeutscheFrau(f): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2018
honourableseyi:

Be careful with paypal money transfer mostly when the money is in a lump sum and it is not from your paypal account to your personal account directly. Sometimes they can block it and might take them ages to clear. You can ask the person to first withdraw it to his bank account from paypal and then use online money transfer to transfer it from his account to your fintiba account. Shalom

Thanks alot for this concise explanation.... I truly appreciate!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Utominawele: 11:39am On Feb 25, 2018
HELLO GUYS
PLEASE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TRANSFERS TO REFLECT IN MY FINTIBA BLOCKED ACCOUNT?

THANKS
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dobeespen: 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
Another suggestion is this. Attend the interview with all your documents. After a week or two, write to the embassy explaining that you won't be able to meet you due to unavoidable financial limitations (this is assuming you're not able to meet up)

Ask to withdraw your visa application. They'll ask you to send it to them in writing and sign it, then they'll send all your original documents to you. That's what I did last winter and I avoided getting rejected.

Don't lose hope. Happened to me last year and I've used this time to better all aspects of my life. Time will go by so fast you won't even notice it. Good luck!

jcgodfrey:

Joshua, woh, thanks ooo. Infact, the matter weak me. Nice suggestion. Although I might still be holding out for a miracle, but if I were to go through with the interview and if a "rejection" wouldn't affect my future chances, etc, yea, I may do the interview.
So, I guess i'll like to know if a rejection would affect future moves, and how long it would take for them to make that decision given I'm to resume April 17th.
I'm trying not to be pessimistic in all these though, but I'm just considering all scenarios.
Thanks bro.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
Utominawele:
HELLO GUYS
PLEASE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TRANSFERS TO REFLECT IN MY FINTIBA BLOCKED ACCOUNT?

THANKS

Depend on 3 major factors:
1). The location
2). Mode/means of transfer
3). Bank used

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
dobeespen:
Another suggestion is this. Attend the interview with all your documents. After a week or two, write to the embassy explaining that you won't be able to meet you due to unavoidable financial limitations (this is assuming you're not able to meet up)

Ask to withdraw your visa application. They'll ask you to send it to them in writing and sign it, then they'll send all your original documents to you. That's what I did last winter and I avoided getting rejected.

Don't lose hope. Happened to me last year and I've used this time to better all aspects of my life. Time will go by so fast you won't even notice it. Good luck!

Wooowwww.... you've just hit the buzzer! Thanks so much, methinks I'm gonna do as u suggested as you've done it and it's proven to work, cus even if I don't meet up with the finances, I still want to sit for the interview, u get. I've been a quitter in many things but I wanna follow this one through to the end. Thanks Dobeespen.

So how far with your processing? Are you set to go?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 1:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
joshuaarmani2:

Regards.

Well, nice suggestion all the same.
But in doing so, u need consider some things.

I saw someone suggesting dat he go for his interview and later write dat he can't meet up.

Well, why going through all d stress and money wasting if money is even d major reason here.

First, no one knows his location. Weda he stays far from Lagos state.

So for d suggestion of going with incomplete documents, he would have to travel to and from Lagos to get dat done of he is not in Lagos (dis involves, risk, money and time). Also he would have to maybe lodge in an hotel and also transport to d embassy.

For d suggestion dat says he shd get d interview done and write for withdrawal after 2wks, well, in addition to all I've said in d first suggestion, he would also have to pay d visa fee and also send d signed withdrawal confirmation to d embassy through postal mail/courier (dats fuda waste of money).

My suggestion, if u kw u won't be able to raise d funds for BA until Winter 2018 or summer 2019, just cancel ur appointment ryt away and save urself d stress and expenses.

Reasons:
If u get 6mths Ban, it will be lifted by August which still fall into winter 2018 not to talk of summer 2019.

Also, for d sake of ur fellow brothers/sisters dat are fully ready now (both academically, financially, materially, socially, physically and even spiritually, Lol), yet unable to get an appointment date, ur proposed date can help a fellow prospective germanite gets his/her dreams fulfilled. So just cancel and let someone else utilize dat date instead of u wasting it indirectly/intentionally.

Once again, God will person a financial breakthrough and miracle in your life soon. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
jcgodfrey:

Thanks! I didn't even think of that though. Okay, i'll have until Monday to decide. If I were to go through with the interview, for instance, and if a rejection were to eventually suffice, assuming, any idea how long would that take for them to make that judgment? I'm to resume April 17th.

Thanks for your reply once again.

Well, it varies depending on various factors like ur enrolment deadline.
So after about 3-4 weeks, u'll be given a deadline to fund, if u fail to meet up with dat, then a rejection letter due to inability to fund will follow.
So in conclusion, within 3-6wks for dem to make dat judgment

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dobeespen: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
But you know that August is a very late time to get a visa date. It may be almost impossible to get a date at that time. Ask those who had to defer their admission. Last year, embassy stopped giving date in July due to the high demand for visa appointment.

When I went for my interview last year, it was unfathomable for me then to not make it to Germany. But as circumstances would have it, I was not able to meet up.

But going to the embassy and having my interview last year more than prepared me for my interview this year. For the most part, I had a general idea of what to expect since I had done the interview before and wasn't as nervous as I was last year.

My interview this year went 100 percent more smooth than last year's. Getting ready to move to Germany next month. So yeah, I think this option works.

Metabolite01:

Well, nice suggestion all the same.
But in doing so, u need consider some things.

I saw someone suggesting dat he go for his interview and later write dat he can't meet up.

Well, why going through all d stress and money wasting if money is even d major reason here.

First, no one knows his location. Weda he stays far from Lagos state.

So for d suggestion of going with incomplete documents, he would have to travel to and from Lagos to get dat done of he is not in Lagos (dis involves, risk, money and time). Also he would have to maybe lodge in an hotel and also transport to d embassy.

For d suggestion dat says he shd get d interview done and write for withdrawal after 2wks, well, in addition to all I've said in d first suggestion, he would also have to pay d visa fee and also send d signed withdrawal confirmation to d embassy through postal mail/courier (dats fuda waste of money).

My suggestion, if u kw u won't be able to raise d funds for BA until Winter 2018 or summer 2019, just cancel ur appointment ryt away and save urself d stress and expenses.

Reasons:
If u get 6mths Ban, it will be lifted by August which still fall into winter 2018 not to talk of summer 2019.

Also, for d sake of ur fellow brothers/sisters dat are fully ready now (both academically, financially, materially, socially, physically and even spiritually, Lol), yet unable to get an appointment date, ur proposed date can help a fellow prospective germanite gets his/her dreams fulfilled. So just cancel and let someone else utilize dat date instead of u wasting it indirectly/intentionally.

Once again, God will person a financial breakthrough and miracle in your life soon. Amen!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mayorelnino(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hello everyone, pls I like to know if my cgpa of 3.33 qualifies me for a masters program in Germany ( environmental program precisely).

And if not will going for another bsc program won't be a difficult hurdle to cross at the embassy during visa application. thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by area74: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Fellow nairalanders,

@Metabolite, Honourableseyi, Williamson, Jigba etc

Kindly help with a suggestion. I am a graduate of Accounting (2.1) as well as a working professional. I am interested in going for a master's degree in Germany. However, most schools offering Masters in Accounting and Finance require proficiency in German language which I do not have. I applied to english taught masters in economics but got rejected presumably due to my weak background in economics.

I have also checked closely related programmes like MBA and they require tuition fees.

Kindly help me out (ssuggestions/advise) on how to go about it. My major interest is the Accounting and Finance Masters.

I will appreciate everybody's responses.

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
area74:
Fellow nairalanders,

@Metabolicte, Honourablefseyi, Willgiamson, Jigbfa etc

Kindly help with a suggestion. I am a graduate of Accounting (2.1) as well as a working professional. I am interested in going for a master's degree in Germany. However, most schools offering Masters in Accounting and Finance require proficiency in German language which I do not have. I applied to english taught masters in economics but got rejected presumably due to my weak background in economics.

I have also checked closely related programmes like MBA and they require tuition fees.

Kindly help me out (ssuggestions/advise) on how to go about it. My major interest is the Accounting and Finance Masters.

Thank you.

Not to sound rude but there's no way to go around this other than learn German and apply for the course.

Unfortunately not all courses are offered in English language.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by obioraeji: 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
mayorelnino:
Hello everyone, pls I like to know if my cgpa of 3.33 qualifies me for a masters program in Germany ( environmental program precisely).

And if not will going for another bsc program won't be a difficult hurdle to cross at the embassy during visa application. thanks.
Your cgpa is good to go..
you can get an MSC position..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by area74: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Jigba:

Not to sound rude but there's no way to go around this other than learn German and apply for the course.

Unfortunately not all courses are offered in English language.

@Jigba,

You do not sound rude at all and I understand the possibility of having to learn the German language. I made enquiry at Goethe Institute in Lagos but was told that they don't offer weekend classes and that's where the problem is because I work full time around lekki. It is just not workable for me.

Reason why I asked for help is to know whether it is possible and advisable for me to study the German language in Germany before applying for the masters. And if at that, how do I go about it?

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
area74:

@Jigba,

You do not sound rude at all and I understand the possibility of having to learn the German language. I made enquiry at Goethe Institute in Lagos but was told that they don't offer weekend classes and that's where the problem is because I work full time around lekki. It is just not workable for me.

Reason why I asked for help is to know whether it is possible and advisable for me to study the German language in Germany before applying for the masters. And if at that, how do I go about it?

Thank you.

Yes, I think there's a possibility to learn the language in the University before studying, but you need at least b1 or b2 Certificate.

My advice would be to look into private tutors. Since you only have time during weekends.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by goldsmiths: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Williamso:

There will be economic (job-related) and social (integration) problems if you have no knowledge of German on arrival. Speaking from experience as I had none when I got here... And it's even more expensive (time/money) to learn it here (I paid approximately 200€ per level/month for an intensive program and that was the cheapest I could find even with 40% discount)

However, if your study program is in English, you should have no (or maybe very little) academic issues...
Happy birthday @williamso.
I sent u a pm.please respond
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Germanyinabit: 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hello Leute,
Please how soon will the embassy return my passport after asking for my travel date?
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
@Meta and Dobe, mehn, you guys are so on point. Thanks for all these info.
I get Meta's point sha. But it's one of those things where u just want to draw it out to the very end, cus Miracles do happen, except this one in BBN House, lol.
I reside in Abuja, but my folks are in Lagos Mainland so I'm covered in that aspect. As for the cost, it just a matter of sacrifice and Dobe has a point that it helps one in preparing whatever the case. All the same, thanks guys. E bad as e bad, we gotta show up. One luv.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mayorelnino(m): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
obioraeji:
Your cgpa is good to go.. you can get an MSC position..
Thanks brother.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
Germanyinabit:
Hello Leute,
Please how soon will the embassy return my passport after asking for my travel date?
Thanks

Depend on your location, the courier service you used and how fast the embassy respond/attend to it.

Usually (most often) it will get back to you within 5-8days of posting

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
area74:
Fellow nairalanders,

@Metabolite, Honourableseyi, Williamson, Jigba etc

Thank you.

Well, to me its just 2 ways around dis.

First, get the German language stuff done and apply for your desired course.

Second, since u're very busy to learn the German language for now, just keep applying to related courses that are fully taught in English. If u've a good CGPA and maybe some years of working experience, u would be given admission for sure from one or more schools.

Whichever the case, its Germany all the way!

Good luck in your Germany pursuit!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
In the visa application form. What do think should be the answer for question 7.?

Is it YES OR NO?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Germanyinabit: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Metabolite01:

Depend on your location, the courier service you used and how fast the embassy respond/attend to it.

Usually (most often) it will get back to you within 5-8days of posting
Okay,
Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.