Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (695073 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ellazz(f): 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pls house,my appointment booking is written in German language. Is it still OK to take to the embassy?the first I booked was in English though I cancelled it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
ellazz:
Pls house,my appointment booking is written in German language. Is it still OK to take to the embassy?the first I booked was in English though I cancelled it.

It's okay
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ellazz(f): 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Jigba:

It's okay

Thanks much
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by sholademi1: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
Darrysindick:
hello Gurus in the house,

Please i need some pointers,

I am currently processing my enrollment and in dire need of an appropriate student health insurance.(i have less than 10 days to finalise this). The private health insurance i submitted wasn't acceptable and the school suggested AOK and TK.. The big or rather confusing twist is that, i will be 30 this april, Can't apply for the statutory health isurance for more than one semester (sigh)...Vountary health insurance contribution is a killer...Can i apply for an exemption (hope no negative implications in the future) or just go ahead with the one semester health insurance..

I'll appreciate a prompt and honest response.

Good day good people. pls this question is very important for those of us who are 30 already. My school specifically stated that a private health insurance is not enough but I should get an exemption from statutory health insurance from TK for my enrolment. pls any experienced person who knows how to secure an exemption should be please guide us. Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Twallace: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
Please how do I send my documents to a school in Germany for admission fast?

Affordable way please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mayorelnino(m): 6:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
mayorelnino:
Hello house. please I like to know any other legal and recognised body or entity that can certify or notarize ones credentials aside the German embassy because I live very far from Lagos

Secondly, concerning the block account please can someone get it back just in case of negative visa outcome (God forbid).
just wanna know the right things on time thanks.
please guys i need guidance. thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by cmoneke: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
Williamso:

If a school is requesting for it, then they're requesting for it! Asking here if it's compulsory will not change that as a requirement. The wise thing to do would be to mail/call the school explaining your situation and ask if this requirement can be waived for you!

I think document certification is pretty much standard: high court, consulate/embassy or notary public

This is difficult to follow. If you've been reading the thread like you claimed it should be evident already

Go to dead.de/en or better still, unilag

Y is it that nigeria people don't like giving Ppl good answers simple question he asked which sch is better please any one with good idea
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
cmoneke:

Y is it that nigeria people don't like giving Ppl good answers simple question he asked which sch is better please any one with good idea

Why is it that Nigerians don't ask the right questions? angry
I have been on this thread for over 3 years now, and been in Germany for over 2 and I can confidently say that that is not a "proper" question to ask. Why? Because what is sauce for the goose is not always sauce for the gander!!!

Proper thing to do would be to apply to schools first, get admissions then get in contact with current/past Nigerian students in the school (if any) and inquire how life is in the school/city!

Expecting a list is a very lazy attitude and I'm not sorry that you find my answer upsetting!

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pls has anyone applied to university of siegen. I finished d online application but in the printout they didnt state the docs i am to submit by post
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Empress2014(f): 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Abimbola2018:
Pls has anyone applied to university of siegen. I finished d online application but in the printout they didnt state the docs i am to submit by post
check out the course website, you will get the necessary info, what course are you applying for?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by INCREDIBLE015(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
Abimbola2018:

It all depends on the course you are applying for...so what course did you apply??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
Abimbola2018:
if its chemistry I don't think you are sending any documents to them its purely online
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Vickenny: 12:22am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello house, please I'm new to the thread and been going through previous post but just need verification on some things. My aunt is in Germany, Cologne to be precise and is willing to send me a sponsorship letter but she wants me to school in either Cologne or Bonn or any other nearby city, this is actually affecting me a bit in the choice of schools because I'm kinda limited, I studied Agricultural Economics and it's difficult getting a related masters course. My question now is that can she still provide a sponsorship letter if I stay in a different city from her, is it acceptable? Also as regard certification of my documents, is it the photocopies I will certify and must i go to the Embassy to certify it or just a High court will do. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 12:56am On Mar 06, 2018
Metabolite01:

Hello Bros, where did you see me arguing with you or anyone else?

Pls chairman, I didn't get away with anything during my visa application, it was simply "God's perfect work", so please dnt use some sort of language/words when addressing some issues.
If I'm not sure or certain of something, I read and pass without dropping any comment. But if I've facts/evidence on any issue, I simply drop it for anyone who sees it convenient/good/useful to imbibe.
So its never a " Do_Or_Die" thing bros.

I never said going with a handwritten LOM is wrong, neither is going with a typed LOM is wrong either. Countless number of persons are going with typed LOM and ntn has gone wrong with dat. Even Mr. Paulinus while doing his crosschecking/pre-checking won't even ask why ur LOM is not typed!

If you must know, I asked d VO and she told me "They prefer the Typed LOM to the handwritten LOM" quote me on this anytime or anywhere!

I really dnt like it when pple think I'm propagating wrong info when its obvious I'm not. I won't encourage what I know is wrong or damnable because I always take "The Golden Rule" so seriously.

Well, to also tell you that I didn't talk just because I want to run my mouth, neither did I comment simply because my hands are itching me to write anything by all means, let me post a checklist you can find right inside the German embassy webpage. I think with that I'm done with this topic!

OneLoveBros

NoOffenseIntended

WeAllNeedOneAnotherToClimbTheLadderOfSuccess

HailingsOga

No offense, just wanted to be sure cos the checklist I saw on their site had (handwritten) besides the letter of motivation.

Hailings Boss
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 1:16am On Mar 06, 2018
Also for university of bayreuth after application I was not asked to send d docs by post. Does it mean am done with d application. I applied for environmental chemistry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by cmoneke: 5:50am On Mar 06, 2018
Williamso:

Why is it that Nigerians don't ask the right questions? angry
I have been on this thread for over 3 years now, and been in Germany for over 2 and I can confidently say that that is not a "proper" question to ask. Why? Because what is sauce for the goose is not always sauce for the gander!!!

Proper thing to do would be to apply to schools first, get admissions then get in contact with current/past Nigerian students in the school (if any) and inquire how life is in the school/city!

Expecting a list is a very lazy attitude and I'm not sorry that you find my answer upsetting!
That is a very poor way to look at issues if u don't tell Ppl that r ready to learn how ur got were u are then there is no need u coming online BC how do u assist then if you don't give them the info they need. Only in Nigeria Ppl hide success for others BC they won't to benefit alone I am sure if its a hause person by now we will get enough info n sch n links even phone n emails of diff sch to apply our Ppl are to selfish sorry to say anyway tanks for noting if we no how to look for sch in Germany do u think 80% of Ppl will be her. Hearing of how ur in Germany gud day
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by heybaby12(f): 6:38am On Mar 06, 2018
cmoneke:

That is a very poor way to look at issues if u don't tell Ppl that r ready to learn how ur got were u are then there is no need u coming online BC how do u assist then if you don't give them the info they need. Only in Nigeria Ppl hide success for others BC they won't to benefit alone I am sure if its a hause person by now we will get enough info n sch n links even phone n emails of diff sch to apply our Ppl are to selfish sorry to say anyway tanks for noting if we no how to look for sch in Germany do u think 80% of Ppl will be her. Hearing of how ur in Germany gud day

No one is hiding any info, it's been said time again and again read past pages. You would be impressed with the wealth of information in the past pages. Lately no one wants to read. I read 2 and 3 when I joined at page 300 of part 3.
Don't get angry 90% of our questions have been answered already.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 06, 2018
cmoneke:

It's seems you are new here. Wiliamso has been really helpful on this thread!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 7:09am On Mar 06, 2018
cmoneke:

Okay. This is a bit too much, but I'll indulge you.

I've spent the better part of the last years telling people how I got here. I'm not just alone in that; many people do. One of the most important ways was the ability to search this damn thread before posting anything. It's not my fault if I refuse to give the same answer to the same question to 500 people!

If spending my time that I don't even have on this thread replying reasonably to reasonable questions, replying PMs, and doing other stuff even outside this forum is your idea of "hiding success" then you have a very shallow mentality... Sorry to say. What do you even mean by hiding success? Because I want to benefit alone? Are you kidding me? angry

After the above BS, I still wanted to take you seriously until you threw in your truly bigoted tribalistic excuse of a retort! You have absolutely no idea who I am and I could be Hausa, or hause for all you know. So spewing your biased line of thought is not only shallow but infuriating and just plain dumb.

And I hope 80% of people here either know DAAD, Google or how to use a damn search engine else I would be utterly disappointed in my generation.

Have a good day smiley

PS: If you consider just living in Germany a success, your mentality is even shallower than I referenced above.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osas87(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2018
Rilwan3628:
Hello Everyone,

I have being a silent observer and reader here. I find it difficult to get my transcript by hand as I was told by my past and present higher institution that it's impossible for me to have by hand that I can only provide a foreign school address where they can send it to directly.My past school us Yabatech and present is UNILAG. I wonder if they aren't aware of a country like Germany that requires all admission REQUIREMENTS being notarized before sending.

Please I have some questions which I believe our able nairalanders could be of help.

1. As anyone used UNILAG DLI YEAR ONE transcript to apply successfully for any Bsc program? Although, am presently in year 3 but the year 2 result is yet to be release, and it seem there will be no time waiting for its release.

2. Would it be possible to get the transcript from German Embassy if I submitted their address to my school in order to send directly to the embassy as a means of authentication?

3. Can my OND transcript also support the possibility of being admitted in these German universities?

I will appreciate if my humble questions is being looked into and advised.

Thank you....

I dont know abt your school but in most schools, sending transcript to a company or places other than academic centers (like universities) wont work... The best u could do is go to exams and records dept in your school, look 4 a sharp guy man there and u can even get it by hand or via email.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osas87(m): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2018
cmoneke:

my guy u too like talk... He already gave you the way forward

visit daad.de

sort for schools that offer ur choice of course

compare requirements (langauge, tuition fee and others)

apply

get ur Admision then u can start asking questions specific to u not generalised questions that ve been answered tens of times.

You alone know what u want, so no one will tell u the best schools for u.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by richgut: 7:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Gurus in the house, Thanks very much for the wonderful help being given to your country men and women through this forum...I have a few questions of my own...My study visa interview will be coming up next week. I am a bit nervous but I know the same GOD that saw most of us through this forum will see me through successfully...MY QUESTIONS ARE :

1. I will be going for Masters program in Germany, is it essential I present a primary school certificate during the interview? I ask this question because it seems somebody here earlier insinuated that primary school certificates re only important for those applying for Bachelors program

2. I opened a Fintiba account but have not funded...Which of the fintiba documents should I present during my Visa interview? Is it the two-page ''confirmation of blocked account creation'' document that has all my fintiba account details and blocked amount stated? Abeg I just need a clarification on this because ''person wey dey ask question no dey miss road'' grin

3. On the checklist, it states that my picture should be attached to the application form but the application form states I should not use glue for the picture - gurus, does that mean I should use a stapler for the foto on the form?

4. On the Application Form page 1, the part that states ''Residence Permit Number'' - should I leave it blank?

Abeg make una no vex oh!...just help a brother out wink

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Corrosive123: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2018
Magnusprince1:
Hello house,
Please Pm me if you're going to Ovgu Magdeburg this Sommer semester.
Thanks

I am heading that way hopefully.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Billyjim: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Anyone going to Humboldt University of berlin this summer or a current student from the sch pls?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by styles2009: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2018
Berliner1:

No.

Ausbildung is just like formal handwork....you dont need to sit down in university 247 learning how to paint or to program....most of it involve learning by seeing, practical stuff.

Also kindly note its 85% in German and you will be paid
monthly average 500 euro for 3years.

You cant apply for ausbildung visa from Nigeria.

Ausbildung is not run by universities...its run by companies.

100% in German
Nah, below minimum wage and most companies pay higher than that, mostly first year is around 700€, 2nd and 3rd year are higher than the intial pay.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by styles2009: 8:26am On Mar 06, 2018
adesbaba:
At the gurus in the house...

Please after one finishes his MSC in Germany, I learnt the person will be given 18 months to look for work....during this period,what if I want to further to PhD level in maybe Canada or USA...can I apply for study permit over there in Germany or I will av to come to Nigeria again to process it....
@presiade,Williamso n all

Most countries requires a six months legal residency to apply for their visa.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by styles2009: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2018
Jigba:

Be specific.

Na so German dey answer question grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 8:33am On Mar 06, 2018
Abimbola2018:
Also for university of bayreuth after application I was not asked to send d docs by post. Does it mean am done with d application. I applied for environmental chemistry

Urgent reply please..i am on my way to d post office
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2018
cmoneke:

who is this bigot ? For telling you the truth you are vexed abi OK. No worry don't follow the school instruction just do what others are doing and you will know the difference between 6 and half a dozen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2018
osas87:

I dont know abt your school but in most schools, sending transcript to a company or places other than academic centers (like universities) wont work... The best u could do is go to exams and records dept in your school, look 4 a sharp guy man there and u can even get it by hand or via email.
wrong most schools in Nigeria will accept to send transcript to companies in as much as its not by hand and that's how I got mine

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.