Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (702156 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adebowale14: 2:52pm On May 30, 2018
Hello House,

Pls help a Friend..

I want to know if one has used his passport to purchase Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) in one of the Nigerian banks without traveling has any effect with the German embassy. The PTA bought was $4,000 on the passport with the bank stamp on it. The Person has done his interview 3 wks ago and is awaiting AM.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 30, 2018
abjecht:
hello house, please did anyone apply to TUM masters in management, I will like to know if you have gotten any feedback from them? also, does the three weeks application with uni-assist start counting from the day you applied online after payment have been confirmed or the day they receive your notarised documents?
Danke, Guten Tag!

When your payment was confirmed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chuksey1(m): 3:16pm On May 30, 2018
chuksey1:
Guys am overjoyed. Popping water
Admission just dropped
M.Sc. Dairy Science
Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel
So happy

Please house since tomorrow is a public holiday in Germany will the embassy work tomorrow? I ask this because I saw online that the holiday is a regional one. So I want to know if the embassy participates in regional public holidays?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Pecky2222: 3:19pm On May 30, 2018
iwriterng:
Faith restored in NIPOST! Got Jena confirmation this morning.

Strange as I was expecting Uniassit to get the mail before Jena.

@dailydollar was right with the date calculation.

When did u send through Nipost and from which state.
Wat calculations are u talking about??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 3:30pm On May 30, 2018
There seems to be no specific order in arranging the documents as usually directed by Mr Paulinus. Just as been advised here, please don't staple the TWO photocopies of your documents as Pauly won't be patient with you while detaching them, cos he will practically shout at you and that might tense your mood for the day.

All you need do is staple the application form and any other documents with more than one page such as your CV, fintiba opening confirmation etc. Better use an office clip to attach the picture to one of the application form, let them use a staple if they need do.

As regards the arrangements, arrange the photocopies at the back of every original document so that you will just bring it out instantly when needed. cos you will be asked to place it as follows, original, photocopy, photocopy.

All the very best. God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by abjecht(m): 3:35pm On May 30, 2018
Jigba:

When your payment was confirmed

I paid before I applied online.. my payment was confirmed by uniassist 10th, applied online 14th, and the notarised documents got to them 23rd. so what date will my application start counting?

Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 3:37pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=chuksey1 post=68021572][/quote]

Congratulations brother, hope you will provide us with enough dairy products when we land in deutschland. All the very best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 30, 2018
abjecht:

I paid before I applied online.. my payment was confirmed by uniassist 10th, applied online 14th, and the notarised documents got to them 23rd. so what date will my application start counting?

Danke

Well in this case, I would say when you applied online. Just have patience...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ndydy: 3:43pm On May 30, 2018
This shouldn't have any effect in the German embassy. It has no bearing on their decision. Anytime you purchase PTA the bank stamps your passport. If you didn't travel well I guess he has a good reason for not travelling. I don't think the embassy has any business with your PTA purchase. Don't let it bother you.
adebowale14:
Hello House,

Pls help a Friend..

I want to know if one has used his passport to purchase Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) in one of the Nigerian banks without traveling has any effect with the German embassy. The PTA bought was $4,000 on the passport with the bank stamp on it. The Person has done his interview 3 wks ago and is awaiting AM.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chuksey1(m): 3:45pm On May 30, 2018
Eldeee:

Congratulations brother, hope you will provide us with enough dairy products when we land in deutschland. All the very best.

Thanks boss
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by abjecht(m): 3:45pm On May 30, 2018
Jigba:

Well in this case, I would say when you applied online. Just have patience...

Danke, Mädchen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Azdof(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2018
jelmusboy:
Anyone heard back from Ulm for MSc Molecular Medicine?

From what I read on this course website, you have to be present in Germany to take the entrance test..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Highbeeyajibola: 4:00pm On May 30, 2018
abjecht:

Danke, Mädchen

So she is a girl?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adebowale14: 4:00pm On May 30, 2018
Thanks for this response. He was of thinking a getting a new passport declaring disnone that has the banks stamp missing before!

quote author=Ndydy post=68022345]This shouldn't have any effect in the German embassy. It has no bearing on their decision. Anytime you purchase PTA the bank stamps your passport. If you didn't travel well I guess he has a good reason for not travelling. I don't think the embassy has any business with your PTA purchase. Don't let it bother you. [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:02pm On May 30, 2018
I also apply to Kiel marine geoscience has not heard from them oh God!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:06pm On May 30, 2018
admission status still showing submitted at Kiel marine geosciences

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chuksey1(m): 4:07pm On May 30, 2018
osifo4ever:
I also apply to Kiel marine geoscience has not heard from them oh God!

I guess different courses have different periods of giving out admission. The first batch of successful applicants for Dairy Science actually received their admission letters last week. Mine was delayed because I have not submitted my Ielts result. So when I submitted it on Monday they sent me the admission letter today. You could send a mail to the program coordinator requesting about the status of your application for further clarification..

Mine is still showing submitted on the school website and I just received my admission letter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 30, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

So she is a girl?

No, a guy grin!...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:08pm On May 30, 2018
has anybody be offer admissions marine geoscienc in uni Kiel
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:10pm On May 30, 2018
Pls how can I get the mail of the co-ordinator marine geoscience
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chuksey1(m): 4:11pm On May 30, 2018
osifo4ever:

Hope you submitted Ielts or TOEFL Results as proof of English language proficiency?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chuksey1(m): 4:17pm On May 30, 2018
osifo4ever:
Pls how can I get the mail of the co-ordinator marine geoscience

Contact
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Institute of Geosciences

Dr Miriam Tanhua
Ludewig-Meyn-Straße 10
24118 Kiel

Tel. +49 (0) 4 31-8 80 28 78

Email: Paleoclimate@gpi.uni-kiel.de

I guess that's it. Send her an email
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:18pm On May 30, 2018
No there did not request for it ,native speaker.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:19pm On May 30, 2018
OK thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chuksey1(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2018
osifo4ever:
No there did not request for it ,native speaker.

That was what I claimed during my application. The program coordinator had to send me a mail listing countries recognized as native speakers. And told me it is a must I turn in my English test. So I had to enroll for Ielts. After sending the result to her she had to send it to the international center of the school before they released the admission letter. Yours might be different though.

I wish you all the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by iwriterng(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
Pecky2222:

When did u send through Nipost and from which state.
Wat calculations are u talking about??

15th of May. He made a guess about the time my docs will get to the school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 4:29pm On May 30, 2018
Dear Applicant,
Thank you very much for your interest in Marine Geosciences Master Program. We have received your online application and will contact you in case further documents are required. Please find attached a copy of your application.
The application handling process will start right after the application deadline and we will inform you as soon as a decision will be made by the Marine Geosciences Master Program selection committee. Please refrain from contacting us regarding the status of your application.
Best regards from Kiel!
Marine Geosciences Master Program admission manager
Kiel University.the mail there send to me till date.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by olig(m): 4:33pm On May 30, 2018
osifo4ever:

Am still waiting too.
I still check their website yesterday, showing submitted.....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2018
Mad is madding them. They sent me invite for interview to come to Germany. What stops them from using Skype? There is even tuition fee for the course sef.
Anyway, best of luck to those travelling and taking the test.
Azdof:

From what I read on this course website, you have to be present in Germany to take the entrance test..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 4:39pm On May 30, 2018
upkay:

Congratulations. Could you pls tell us the order of docs accordingly? Or is it in the way it's written on the visa application checklist?

Use the checklist from the embassy to arrange your documents.

Pack the originals in one envelop and copies in another envelop then put them all in a bigger envelop.

It will be easier for you to reach any document when Mr. Paulinus asks you to bring it out.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Josebriggs: 4:43pm On May 30, 2018
Lalaski001:
My Transcript.

Had my interview today.
I got to the embassy around 5:40am, I met just one person on the queue.

Mr. Paulinus arrived around 6:30 am, and by 7am, they called the first four student visa applicants to come forward.

We were asked to switch off our phones and he gave the four of us 3 chairs each to arrange our documents in the order he was going to call it out.

Immediately he started, he noticed the first guy wasn't really fast, he just started shouting at the guy, telling him that it's like he doesn't want to do his interview today.

From the info i got here, I already knew what to expect and I arranged by documents properly before going to the embassy.

Mr. Paulinus really frustrated the other guys that came out with me. He even threatened to send them out. Me I was just focused, before he even finish mentioning the next document I have already brought it out. He was now telling the other guys why can't they be as organised as me. Honestly, that man puts too much pressure on people, the time he uses to shout can be used to tell them what he needs them to do. You just hv to be very organised and fast to avoid his wahala.

He left the other guys and asked me to go in for the next stage.

I went in, sat for about 20 minutes then one guy and another lady that came for family reunion joined me. after like five minutes, they took the 3 of us to another building inside the compound for out interview.

We waited for some minutes then they asked us to go inside 3 diffent rooms for the interview.

Me: Good morning.
VO: Good morning.
VO: Have you traveled before?
Me: Yes
VO: Have you funded?
Me: No. she gave me a form to sign and asked me to make sure I fund as soon as possible.
VO: What course?
Me: Told her
Vo: What school?
Me: Told her.

She now went on to complete my biometric.

VO: Lets begin the Interview now.
Me: Ok Ma
VO: Why this course? I was about dealing with the question when the VO told me that I should just give her a very brief answer, so I shortened my answer.

Vo: Why Germany?
Me: Told Her. she asked me to keep my answers short again.

Vo: Why not UK, US or Canada?
Me: Told her, had to give her a direct and short answer cuz that's what she said she wants.

VO: What do you know about Germany? please just the key points only.
Me, I mentioned while she types.
VO: Have you been to Germany or Any European countries before?
Me: Germany, No, Another European country yes, I mentioned the country.
Vo: What your plans after your studies?

Vo: What's your Bsc. thesis?

Vo: That will be all, my office will contact you via male, have a nice day.
Me: Enjoy the rest of your day.

My personal observation:
I spent about 50 minutes with her. most of the time was used by her for typing in my answers.

It seems they have a lot of applications to attend to, hence why she told me from the get go to make my answers very short.

If you answer your questions confidently, they will most likely not give you a test even if they have time for it.

Be calm, the Interview is actually easy to pass through.

please share with us how we should arrange our document in ascending order,the document that should be placed first and the one that should be last, and the documents that should be in the middle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.