Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (692308 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dejx: 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
tchaley17:

I have been looking for Scratch card in abj and couldn't find. Please can you give me a few places where I can purchase them. I will be very grateful

Check at the Post Office or the shops/business centres around the Post Office, it's #700-#1000.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dejx: 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hello everyone, it’s been a while. God bless you all for keeping this thread alive.

Congratulations @ninered, @Emmiefadz and everyone who have gotten visa.

Am getting set for the visa interview (although it’s still about a month’s time), I have a few questions:

First, question 6 on the visa application form asks about “Intended place of stay in Germany”. I don’t know what to write here since I have not been able to get an accommodation yet.

Second, question 7 says “Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the Federal Republic of Germany? If yes, where?”
I think I should tick the yes box and then say Nigeria.

I hope this is in order?

Lastly (for now), question 13a says “What are your means of subsistence?” I guess it is okay to just state that I have funded my blocked account.

I hope funding the blocked account 3-4 weeks before the interview is not a crime?

Question 13b says "Do you have health insurance that covers the Federal Republic of Germany? I don’t know what to write here.

I appreciate your answers, thank you.

NB: Please anyone at TUM? Let's relate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dominicumoh(m): 1:28am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello guys,

Please is there anyone who's sure to enrol at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt this winter?
If you have done your interview and funded or you are sure you want to start on the 5th of October as stated in the admission letter kindly pm me....you must have noticed how difficult it is to find an accommodation in that city.

Enrolment is every Thursday between 8:30am to 9:30am from 5th October to 26th October. Which means we have just 3 days set aside for enrolment and just one hour each on those days.
Just 3hrs for the whole newbies to enrol....

Drop me a message, I need just 2 more people to combine and get a 4 bedroom apartment at €1,000 which means we'll all pay €250 monthly. If you try renting a single room or single apartment you can see its minimum of €350...
Drop me a message let's reason together.

Don't forget that without an accommodation that can give you an address you won't be able to do anything....not even to unlock your blocked account or get a resident permit or even enrol...

I hope you understand how serious this is...
Just 2 or one more person then we are good to go.....

Have a great weekend guys...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Richmondoau(m): 5:34am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello,welcome to the fam! someone nice dropped you link (Daad.de) previously while quoting you. This site helps you to understand what it entails studying in europe(Germany to be precised). most schools(some public universities) in Germany offers free tuition while others charge tuition fee of about 1500euro per semester but private universities charge even more. what you have to do is state the course you intend to apply for masters(which you are yet to do) , then any of us here can send you a direct link to the course/s you would like to apply to(or even related courses,thats if its not on daad website). please note that winter application(which starts from feb-july or august) for 2017 has closed,so you should prepare for summer(which starts from sept-dec or jan 15). dates depends on the schools. you can contact them by email when you get the link to the course.

Next is for you to go through their requirements and apply through post. for masters you usually need your waec or neco, university transcripts and Bsc certificates. some schools also require that you sit for a test of english proficiency(toef,ielts etc) but sometime some other schools accept a letter of proof of english proficiency from from your university. Recomendation letter and motivation letter can also be required by most schools in Germany and i think motivation letter counts even more.

furthermore you apply to your desired schools either directly to the school through post or through uni-assist(by post too). Some schools make use of uni-assist, a body that assist some universities(who patronize them) to help review and evaluate your documents for the school, if they(your documents) meet the requirements for the school. they charge 75 euros for the first course and 15euros for additional courses but the fourth course as i heard is always free of charge. It can be sometimes stressful as i heard using uni-assist even though i didnt patronize them during my own time, so i suggest applying directly to the school saves some stress(you can inquire from those here who patronized uni-assist about how they operate).

for now thats is all i think i should know(some people can add to this (in case i left something out).feel free to pm me or anyone here who has passed your present level and is more experienced on any issue you encounter along the line. Also try to state the course you intend to apply for, then we can help you search for it on daad website and send you a directly link to the course and related courses of your choice so that you can browse through them and make your choice...hope this helps!

#CHEERS!!!
Am a graduate of philosophy who wish to study for masters in Germany, I want to know related courses that I can apply for apart from Philosophy

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by glucklichewelt: 7:17am On Aug 27, 2017
dejx:
Hello everyone, it’s been a while. God bless you all for keeping this thread alive.

Am getting set for the visa interview (although it’s still about a month’s time), I have a few questions:

First, question 6 on the visa application form asks about “Intended place of stay in Germany”. I don’t know what to write here since I have not been able to get an accommodation yet.

Second, question 7 says “Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the Federal Republic of Germany? If yes, where?”

I hope this is in order?

Lastly (for now), question 13a says “What are your means of subsistence?” I guess it is okay to just state that I have funded my blocked account.

I hope funding the blocked account 3-4 weeks before the interview is not a crime?

Question 13b says "Do you have health insurance that covers the Federal Republic of Germany? I don’t know what to write here.

1) Write the address of your Faculty/department, then tick single apartment.

2)Yes you are in order

3)Its okay but you can also write it as Blocked account and financial support from Family

4)Its okay to fund before interview.

5)The answer is obviously No � except if you have any sha.

I hope this helps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:23am On Aug 27, 2017
dejx:

I hope this is in order?

1. Write d name of ur school

2. Yes, write ur home address

3. Blocked acct and put d name of d bank. Sutor or dB

4. No. U will be asked to provide one, it's ppl who go for holidays dat go with insurance before interview

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by lakesider(m): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello house
Thanks all for been part of my upcoming travel .

I have a question

My block account was opened last year when block amount was 8040,

althogh I have funded with 8640,
I hope I am doing the right thing ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Gbaski247: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2017
lakesider:
Hello house Thanks all for been part of my upcoming travel .
I have a question
My block account was opened last year when block amount was 8040,
althogh I have funded with 8640, I hope I am doing the right thing ?
Yeah. You did the best thing.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Gbaski247: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2017
Anyone coming to university of wuerzburg?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Tinder: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
Who is going to Schweinfurt here and how can one get accommodation?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Instructor001(m): 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
Gbaski247:
Anyone coming to university of wuerzburg?

Yes Boss.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by justinency: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
Any one admitted to study medical Informatics at deggendorf Institute of Technology? chat me up 08035104400.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Oben209(f): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
dobeespen:

You don't have to fund before the interview though. Keep hope alive because you have a couple of weeks till after the interview to fund your account.

Please after funding the account and interview has taken place,can one withdraw the funds .. in a novice
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bettygirl375: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
i wanna ask. for example if u wanna travel to Germany and the person sponsoring your trip is from holland. will it still work?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
Oben209:

Please after funding the account and interview has taken place,can one withdraw the funds .. in a novice

It's called blocked acct.

Ur acct is frozen till u come in physically and unblock.
Not just Dat, 720 will be unblocked for u monthly for 12 months.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
bettygirl375:
i wanna ask. for example if u wanna travel to Germany and the person sponsoring your trip is from holland. will it still work?

Sponsoring in what aspect?

If it's studies u mean, he can transfer money to ur blocked acct. If it's a sponsorship declaration, he can be from anywher but must be resident in Germany.

As for Holiday, first if u dnt have a good job with a good acct balance as home tie, dnt make a mistake of getting a reject of schengea in ur passport.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Touchflex(m): 1:14am On Aug 28, 2017
grin angry shocked
ninered:
I have this feeling I missed some street fights while I was watching TV... undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.