Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (701707 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sadeeq1244: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2017
vicdo:

Thanks for your reply, but the school is asking for Secondary school Certificate and Transcript. I am thinking Waec is the certificate, but what do I tender as transcript?
Thanks
Your waec certificate is an official record which has all your courses/subjects and their respective grades on it, that makes it a transcript.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by thessalonica: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2017
please i need useful info on English proficiency level B2 and how to get the certificate plus how long does it take for one to get it

more light on this note please cos my brother don't one but he is interested in studying Physics(MSc) in Germany

Thanks for ur response
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2017
thessalonica:
please i need useful info on English proficiency level B2 and how to get the certificate plus how long does it take for one to get it

more light on this note please cos my brother don't one but he is interested in studying Physics(MSc) in Germany

Thanks for ur response

IELTS or TOEFL. You can follow the link below to get more info about IELTS. But in summary, just visit IELTS Nigeria webpage, it's self explanatory. Complete the online registration and choose a test date. Register for IELTS "academic". I think the current fee is 68k and cash payment is not acceptable. You have to raise a bank draft and submit it @ British Council Head Office located around Thompson Rivers avenue, Ikoyi Lagos. All the best with your Germo preparations

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here/80
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2017
English Language Proficiency Level B2 is IELTS 6.0 - 6.5

thessalonica:

Thanks for ur response
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by vicdo: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Sadeeq1244:

Your waec certificate is an official record which has all your courses/subjects and their respective grades on it, that makes it a transcript.

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by elvis190: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
hello everyone, I have lots of family in Germany...Last year September, a cousins of mine who jst rounded of his ph.D dia sent me d daad.de link to scan tru and start an application process which I did..The first was MA in Euroculture at the university of Göttingen but as a novice I submitted without my transcript coz my school was delaying and I was turned down early January by an email...I later tried again February/March by applying for European master in migration and intercultural relations at the university of Oldenburg but culdnt meet up get my transcript again coz of the challenges at my skul.. So I dropped along d line....I have been following the thread and there are so so many things I don't understand.. esp d blocked acct aspect but I was told since I hv family ova dia I wouldn't be needed dat...I studied foreign languages at IMSU...They say "wat a man doesn't know can kill him"... pls brothers I will be elated and grateful with suggestions from you all...Thanks & God bless!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by haybellfire(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
A quick question from anyone here who is enlightened about this the school I got admission into Rhein wall University of applied science said I can ask someone in Germany to enroll me before Nov15 since the Embassy Saga because the said they can't defer my admission when am being enrolled they will give my brother which is enrolling me a confirmation of enrollment I want to ask I can add that to my documents when embassy opens for summer admissiob so I can apply although am bit sure if this is possible I just thought of asking in here maybe my ogas fut reason the matter but if it wouldn't then no choice than to wait till next summer thanks guys
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
elvis190:
hello everyone, I have lots of family in Germany...Last year September, a cousins of mine who jst rounded of his ph.D dia sent me d daad.de link to scan tru and start an application process which I did..The first was MA in Euroculture at the university of Göttingen but as a novice I submitted without my transcript coz my school was delaying and I was turned down early January by an email...I later tried again February/March by applying for European master in migration and intercultural relations at the university of Oldenburg but culdnt meet up get my transcript again coz of the challenges at my skul.. So I dropped along d line....I have been following the thread and there are so so many things I don't understand.. esp d blocked acct aspect but I was told since I hv family ova dia I wouldn't be needed dat...I studied foreign languages at IMSU...They say "wat a man doesn't know can kill him"... pls brothers I will be elated and grateful with suggestions from you all...Thanks & God bless!!!

Eyah!......What took you so long to ask this questions. Well, It's never too late so my advice are.

The first was MA in Euroculture at the university of Göttingen but as a novice I submitted without my transcript coz my school was delaying and I was turned down early January by an email...I later tried again February/March by applying for European master in migration and intercultural relations at the university of Oldenburg but culdnt meet up get my transcript again coz of the challenges at my skul.

MyOwnOpinion:
To overcome this Challenge Go back to your school (IMSU) & give your school an Office address of your Friend or Relatives

(Anyone who his working in an Organization) If you are asked Y by your sch.? Tell them Job purpose (#MyOwnOpinion wink). This way you

will be able to collect your Transcript to your self and use it whenever you need to (Try to make Clean Coloured Photocopies & make sure you

Notarize them)

There are so so many things I don't understand.. esp d blocked acct aspect but I was told since I hv family ova dia I wouldn't be needed dat.

Yes.....You don't need Block Acct. if Your Relatives are willing to get you Verpflichtungserklärung (Also called Sponsorship Letter)
Or
You can secure a Sponsorship Letter from a Public Funded Organization in Europe.
Or
You open a Block Acct. (I suggest you use FINITIBA - Which is easier)

BiGUps

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by elvis190: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
neccki:

Eyah!......What took you so long to ask this questions. Well, It's never too late so my advice are.

MyOwnOpinion:
To overcome this Challenge Go back to your school (IMSU) & give your school an Office address of your Friend or Relatives

(Anyone who his working in an Organization) If you are asked Y by your sch.? Tell them Job purpose (#MyOwnOpinion wink). This way you

will be able to collect your Transcript to your self and use it whenever you need to (Try to make Clean Coloured Photocopies & make sure you

Notarize them)

Yes.....You don't need Block Acct. if Your Relatives are willing to get you Verpflichtungserklärung (Also called Sponsorship Letter)
Or
You can secure a Sponsorship Letter from a Public Funded Organization in Europe.
Or
You open a Block Acct. (I suggest you use FINITIBA - Which is easier)

BiGUps

Tanx a lot @neccki...You are advice has been very resourceful...Now i have a sense of direction

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
elvis190:

Tanx a lot @neccki...You are advice has been very resourceful...Now i have a sense of direction

You are wlc.

Please NOTE :
You can secure a Sponsorship Scholarship Letter from a Public Funded Organization in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ifechez: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello house. I am a graduate of environmental management. I want to do Master's degree program in Germany. How do I start? Can some recommend some good schools for me? Please good people I need guidance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by elvis190: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
neccki:

You are wlc.

Please NOTE :
You can secure a Sponsorship Scholarship Letter from a Public Funded Organization in Europe.

Thanks enormously @neccki...pls, I hv and will have oda loads of questions abt dis whole process and will hv more as I proceed coz u seem to know loads abt it...pls, I will be delighted to ur either of ur contacts to forward my questions...fb, WhatsApp, email add..anyone at all...merci encore
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
ifechez:
Hello house. I am a graduate of environmental management. I want to do Master's degree program in Germany. How do I start? Can some recommend some good schools for me? Please good people I need guidance.
check www.daad.de.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adebowale14: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
neccki:

You are wlc.

Please NOTE :

Pls how?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
thessalonica:

Thanks for ur response

Ur waec and uni English scores can serve dis purpose but yet, u need to go to ur uni to help u with an English language exemption letter.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
elvis190:

If u have families dia who re permanent resident or german citizens, ask dem if dey re eligible to issue u with dis doc (Verpflichtungserklärung) or if u open a blocked acct, u can transfer about 8640 into d acct.

These re a prove of ur substances.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mheey(f): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
neccki:

You are wlc.

Please NOTE :

Neccki, please how do I get this scholarship letter
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
mheey:

Neccki, please how do I get this scholarship letter

I mean get a Scholarship from any Public Funded Organization.

To get a Scholarship, check thru DAAD or www.alumniportal-deutschland.org. There are a lot of scholarships out there

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
@vicdo, its very much possible to get your secondary sch transcript. Its just a compilation of all your report cards/result sheets depending on the one your sch calls it, i.e from jss 1-sss 3. I once got that from my sch years back.

Find a teacher who still recognises u, explain what u came for, then further proceed to the vice principal academics or any other official who is fully responsible for such with the teacher to make it easier for u.

But wait ooo, i wonder why they need this doc. You can email the prog coordinator to verify properly about it before making any move. Cheers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Rickyuzzy(f): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
so I applied for my via interview with the relevant documents last week and got this reply today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that the Consulate General is unfortunately booked out and cannot offer student visa appointments for the winter semester 2017/2018 any longer. You are welcome to reapply next year for the next semester. Further enquiries concerning your current letter of admission cannot be answered.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely yours,
Visa Section

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island, Lagos
Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Rickyuzzy:
so I applied for my via interview with the relevant documents last week and got this reply today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that the Consulate General is unfortunately booked out and cannot offer student visa appointments for the winter semester 2017/2018 any longer. You are welcome to reapply next year for the next semester. Further enquiries concerning your current letter of admission cannot be answered.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely yours,
Visa Section
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island, Lagos
Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

Are you expecting anything diff kiss at this time?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
neccki:

Bwahahaha.. Appeals to senators and aso rock nko?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
elfmann:

Bwahahaha.. Appeals to senators and aso rock nko?

Hmm!.....Maybe. You go fear Power
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
neccki:

Lol
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dominicumoh(m): 8:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Dominicumoh:
Hello guys,

Please is there anyone who's sure to enrol at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt this winter?
If you have done your interview and funded or you are sure you want to start on the 5th of October as stated in the admission letter kindly pm me....you must have noticed how difficult it is to find an accommodation in that city.

Enrolment is every Thursday between 8:30am to 9:30am from 5th October to 26th October. Which means we have just 3 days set aside for enrolment and just one hour each on those days.
Just 3hrs for the whole newbies to enrol....

Drop me a message, I need just 2 more people to combine and get a 4 bedroom apartment at €1,000 which means we'll all pay €250 monthly. If you try renting a single room or single apartment you can see its minimum of €350...
Drop me a message let's reason together.

Don't forget that without an accommodation that can give you an address you won't be able to do anything....not even to unlock your blocked account or get a resident permit or even enrol...

I hope you understand how serious this is...
Just 2 or one more person then we are good to go.....

?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ifedee06: 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
So AM mail dropped today. Many many thanks to all the contributors on this thread.Like @ninered said, it's not that people don't want to contribute,the torture of waiting was something else. Besides,the interview questions were more or less same we've read on here.
Also conveying the wrong information to other folks based on one's personal experience wouldn't be appropriate. For example, I wasn't asked for the WAEC scratch card but my friend was asked to submit hers just last week.

For everyone that's still going through the process or has just begun,please read the pages diligently because there's so much to learn. Also, don't always take one person's comment as the only word. Try to gather as much information as you can and when you do go for your interview,go with all that is relevant.If they don't ask for it,you keep it.

Sorry for the epistle.

Interview on the 31st of July,
Funded on the 9th of August
AM mail 30th of August.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ifedee06:
So AM mail dropped today. Many many thanks to all the contributors on this thread.Like @ninered said, it's not that people don't want to contribute,the torture of waiting was something else. Besides,the interview questions were more or less same we've read on here.
Also conveying the wrong information to other folks based on one's personal experience wouldn't be appropriate. For example, I wasn't asked for the WAEC scratch card but my friend was asked to submit hers just last week.

For everyone that's still going through the process or has just begun,please read the pages diligently because there's so much to learn. Also, don't always take one person's comment as the only word. Try to gather as much information as you can and when you do go for your interview,go with all that is relevant.If they don't ask for it,you keep it.

Sorry for the epistle.

AM mail 31st of August.
Congratulations!!! Go and fulfil Destiny bruder!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ifedee06:

Sorry for the epistle.

AM mail 31st of August.
Congratulation!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ifedee06: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2017
Karch:

Congratulations!!! Go and fulfil Destiny bruder!

Thanks a lot.I guess in alll my excitement I forgot today's date. I'm a lady. Thanks all the same and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ifedee06: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2017
DisturbingEU:

Congratulation!

Thanks a lot.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.