Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693448 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
Greetings Jbonito,

Please, a comprehensive list of things to bring will be appreciated.

You na paparazzi with experience. grin
jbonito:
Visa dropping right , left , center !!! Congrats to all the peeps.

Feel free to drop reasonable questions/inquiries via PM or just tag here. Always reading but little time to contribute properly ATM.

Cheers and God bless.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jbonito(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Karch:
grin
Beans!! ah.. flatulent na im cousin o. Make person no go spoil air for class

Lol!! You are on your own o
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
jbonito:
Visa dropping right , left , center !!! Congrats to all the peeps. The hopefuls, don't stop trying and I wish you guys the best in all you do.

By the way, all of una wey dey come...... Make una carry beans come well ooo ( you like beans or not ), it's one sure food in this Germany. At least, it's one I eat and feel like I'm in Lagos grin grin grin

Safe trip ya'll.

Feel free to drop reasonable questions/inquiries via PM or just tag here. Always reading but little time to contribute properly ATM.

Cheers and God bless.
waooo nice one from you oo. I love beans too. Why can't you add it with Gaarri Ijebu to balance it up. I hope they are selling it too over there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jbonito(m): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
donkafor:
Greetings Jbonito,

Please, a comprehensive list of things to bring will be appreciated.

You na paparazzi with experience. grin

Lol!! Funny guy. It's a bit difficult to give a comprehensive list cos I don't think there's even one. Aside the food stuffs which is general, peeps coming in winter need to get correct winter jacket/boots, hoodie, head warmer, in short anything that will sha keep you warm. But as many jeans as you can buy in Naija. It's not like it's not affordable here, but until you start earning quids here, I don't think it's advisable to be buying a jean for 30 euros or more.

Get a solid laptop if you don't have one or you have one with a old operating system ( you will most likely encounter the need for modern/updated apps for school work).

Bring your sense of responsibility!! Especially with finances and time management ( Freaking important ).

Food.......
Egusi, Garri, Crayfish, Dry fish, BEANS (lol), Ground pepper, Maggi/Sauces ( if you are a preference person ), and any other food items you like but nothing in liquid form.

I'm sure others can chip in whatever I didn't mention.

Safe trip everyone.

Cheers

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jbonito(m): 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
Johnnyessence:
waooo nice one from you oo. I love beans too. Why can't you add it with Gaarri Ijebu to balance it up. I hope they are selling it too over there.

Hehehe!! I didn't add Garri cos obviously it's No 1 on almost all Nigerians list of food items. But yea, Garri and bottles groundnuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chevronstaff: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good evening everyone!
I intend applying to the following schools for Masters:

1.University of Mannheim,
BUsiness Informatics

2.University of Munster,
Information System

After rigorous search on DAAD,my choice for these schools is mainly due to the fact that the above courses is in line with my Bsc programme and the the programmes are offered in English...

I HAVE 3 QUESTIONS TO ASK:

1.How good are the cities of Mannheim and Munster? Which is a bigger city? Which is ideal for getting decent student jobs?

2.Is there anyone on nairaland schooling in either of the above universities??How good is the school in terms of standards?

3.Since my intend study course is entirely offered in English,is there any need to write any exam on German to test my proficiency in the language? I've have been learning german on youtube though!

CC:Eke40seven, neccki, UncleJudax,etc .. Tnks in anticipation
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2017
Chevronstaff:
Good evening everyone!

BUsiness Informatics

2.University of Munster,
Information System

After rigorous search on DAAD,my choice for these schools is mainly due to the fact that the above courses is in line with my Bsc programme and the the programmes are offered in English...

1.How good are the cities of Mannheim and Munster? Which is a bigger city? Which is ideal for getting decent student jobs?

2.Is there anyone on nairaland schooling in either of the above universities??How good is the school in terms of standards?

3.Since my intend study course is entirely offered in English,is there any need to write any exam on German to test my proficiency in the language? I've have been learning german on youtube though!

Your number 1 choice of school should be in Baden-wurttenberg I think. Hence, get ready to pay 1,500euros.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
jbonito:

Maybe you should help me buy and send here!! grin cheesy. Nothing is too small to epp my beans ministry

SMH!....... grin grin
I just dey wonder how you go dey silently release that Carbon bomb. You go don scatter Germo air like tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jbonito(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
neccki:

SMH!....... grin grin
I just dey wonder how you go dey silently release that Carbon bomb. You go don scatter Germo air like tomorrow no dey.

Abeggy ooooo. Is it Schweine and Potatoe I'll be eating up and down ? Lmao. Lemme scatter scatter. Moreover, I'm a gentleman grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
neccki:

SMH!....... grin grin
Asin me sef bin reason am small. Me and beans na enemies because of that o. Even after taking milk or egg, the thing go still find im way come out.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2017
Karch:

Asin me sef bin reason am small. Me and beans na enemies because of that o. Even after taking milk or egg, the thing go still find im way come out.

Lol!......Aw u go do naw.

cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by smoothvee(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
thanks for even replying bro... i applied for masters all through and most replies i got was that my BA course does not match with the courses i applied for. i studied theater arts and most master courses in germo are not geared towards it.. so i just want a fresh course hence applying for bachelors degree. so id do any course ..just to get in first .... so im asking if any art student here is presently in germo and what course pls? and do your school have summer semester? someone help a brother

Johnnyessence:
first and foremost list the intended course you want to study for your masters or B.Sc. If I were you I will list what happen when you are applying for masters during winter period. What I mean is for you to avoid the mistake you made in the winter semester. You applied for nine schools which is huge and still no admission from the nine schools. I think something went wrong at this junction. Please don't mind my english or the way I type. I just want experience people to come in here and give you advice and way forward.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
jbonito:

Abeggy ooooo. Is it Schweine and Potatoe I'll be eating up and down ? Lmao. Lemme scatter scatter. Moreover, I'm a gentleman grin

Hahahaha!.......Abeg ride On. Just make sure you compose well, with your dark shades (Glasses) wen dropping your missiles. grin I can't laff abeg grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jbonito(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
neccki:

Hahahaha!.......Abeg ride On. Just make sure you compose well, with your dark shades (Glasses) wen dropping your missiles. grin I can't laff abeg grin

Hahaha. Dankeschön
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
neccki:

Lol!......Aw u go do naw.
cheesy
neccki... you funny gan. anyways, I will simply improvise with other meal types and also fruits too.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Chevronstaff:
Good evening everyone!

BUsiness Informatics

2.University of Munster,
Information System

Q1. How good are the cities of Mannheim and Munster? Which is a bigger city? Which is ideal for getting decent student jobs?

IStandToBeCorrected

Both are Ideal for getting Student jobs. (depending on you skills set too)

Mannheim is the third-largest in the German state of Baden-Württemberg after Stuttgart and Karlsruhe with close to 400k Population.

But bcus it is in Baden-Württemberg, you will have to pay 1500€ every semester, which I assume you won't want to pay.

While Munster is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, in the west of Germany with about 300k Population.

And you are exempted from paying the 1500€.

Q2. Is there anyone on nairaland schooling in either of the above universities??How good is the school in terms of standards?

As for this, I don't know. Do the research yourself broda.

Q3. Since my intend study course is entirely offered in English,is there any need to write any exam on German to test my proficiency in

the language? I've have been learning german on youtube though!

Yes. There is need biko, If you need the better side of Germany(Hustling). BUT not compulsory since your studies are in English.

A plus for you, if you good in writing codes(Programming), be it Java, C# or Python & R for Data Analysis even MATLAB sef jawoo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
neccki:

IStandToBeCorrected

Mannheim is the third-largest in the German state of Baden-Württemberg after Stuttgart and Karlsruhe with close to 400k Population.

But bcus it is in Baden-Württemberg, you will have to pay 1500€ every semester, which I assume you won't want to pay.

While Munster is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, in the west of Germany with about 300k Population.

Yes. There is need biko. If you need the better side of your Germany(Hustling). BUT not compulsory since your studies are in English.

A plus for you, if you good in writing codes(Programming), be it Java, C# or Python & R for Data Analysis even MATLAB sef jawoo.
Plus proficiency in STATA, SPSS and Eviews can also be a little advantage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
Karch:

Very important contribution.

Bless You baba mi.....You go fear Analysis.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chevronstaff: 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
neccki:

IStandToBeCorrected

Yes. There is need biko. If you need the better side of your Germany(Hustling). BUT not compulsory since your studies are in English.

Tnks for the info....Much appreciated...#BlessUp
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
grin grin grin
neccki:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
What about SAP ERP? Am not certified though. Intend getting the certification in Germany.
Karch:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
donkafor:
What about SAP ERP? Am not certified though. Intend getting the certification in Germany.
Don!!! You na badt guy o. This one pass me gan.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
donkafor:
grin grin grin
she done crack guys ribs this night. I also laughed when I read the post.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blazykid02(m): 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
i don't think the embassy request for insurance when A.M Mail is sent to family reunion applicants.iStAnDtoBecOrrEcTed tho

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
Blazykid02:
i don't think the embassy request for insurance when A.M Mail is sent to family reunion applicants.iStAnDtoBecOrrEcTed tho

Yeah I think so too... welcome back bruh! cool
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 12:27am On Sep 10, 2017
Amen. Thanks Nwanne

uchevolata:
Congratulations!! Go to Germany and succeed.

Cheers!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eke40seven(m): 5:16am On Sep 10, 2017
Chevronstaff:
Good evening everyone!

BUsiness Informatics

2.University of Munster,
Information System

It's importance to learn a lot of German before heading here, it makes life way way easy for you. Not just A1 German.
The two schools fall within the fee paying area, the latter is still speculative while the former is definite.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by solarrr: 6:16am On Sep 10, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Mansard should be about 23k
thanks brother man
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chevronstaff: 7:03am On Sep 10, 2017
Eke40seven:

It's importance to learn a lot of German before heading here, it makes life way way easy for you. Not just A1 German.
The two schools fall within the fee paying area, the latter is still speculative while the former is definite.
Ok..Tnks bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2017
Blazykid02:

They do

Mine was requested

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Williamso(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2017
neccki:

Yes. There is need biko, If you need the better side of Germany(Hustling). BUT not compulsory since your studies are in English.

Learn JavaScript and German and more JavaScript and more German and have absolutely no worries wink

...And congrats to Visa receivers and soon to receive. An offer for the soon-to-be Berliners is still available cool

Williamso:
Hello guys, my first post on this part. Seems you all have come a long way. Is there anyone (student) coming to Berlin this Winter Semester and still looking for accommodation? I have a student accommodation to sublet so shoot me a private message smiley wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chevronstaff: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2017
OJCITY22:

Your number 1 choice of school should be in Baden-wurttenberg I think. Hence, get ready to pay 1,500euros.
I will just settle for my second option, University of Munster since it is tuition free and highly reputable....€1,500 for 4 semesters (€6,000) is not small money mehn...

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.