Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,950 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner (632 Views)

Never Miss A Girl With The Following Qualities.. / Avoid These Mistakes To Woo Any Girl Easily. / Dear Girls, Never Miss A Boy With This 8 Following Qualities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner by woye77: 2:27am On Feb 07, 2010
Bose, 34, a banker seemed to have lacked patience in the choice of a partner. ”I met Alex

when I was very desperate to take a partner to my father,” she reminisces. ”Alex told me he was a computer engineer, was trained abroad and wanted a wife. The first time we were introduced to each other, I didn‘t waste time and quickly got close to him.

”I was the first to call him the next day; he was delighted to hear my voice and invited me out. That week, I spent a night with him and succeeded in getting a proposal from him. I was happy! The following week, he bought me a ring and by the third week, we had sent our names to the registry.

”I was able to force him to meet my father and after 30 minutes, my father called me aside and said he sensed Alex was a fraud. I was annoyed. I made my father realise that Alex was a ‘been-to‘ and would not behave like a local Nigerian guy, who would be prostrating every second.

”On the 18th day of our registry filing, a woman came to my office and started calling me husband-snatcher! I was angry, called Alex and told him what was happening. He begged and said that the woman must have been insane. He was never married.

”That day, I went to his place after work, but he was nowhere to be found! His flat-mate was kind enough to reveal to me that his wife had discovered his hide-out and had come to cause a scene. When I finally got him on the phone, he confessed that he was married, had crisis with his wife, ran away from home, met me, liked me and was ready to marry me. So, what happened to our registry filing? He didn‘t turn up and I heard he had gone back to his wife.”

Anita was still single 12 years after graduation. Could this have been pride? ”The wrong ones are always coming,” the 36-year-old broadcaster answers. ”When I met Jerry, it was through a match-making website on the Internet. We didn‘t see each other for two months, but talked on the phone daily. He sounded nice, accommodating and caring.

”He worked in a law firm and at 38, he wanted a quick marriage. He was based in Kenya, but promised coming over to see me in Nigeria. I looked forward to seeing him and when he eventually arrived, I couldn‘t believe my eyes. He was 5ft 3in tall and was quite fat for his height.

”I was so foolish to have thought his physical look would be like his voice. He must have read the surprise on my face and explained that he was not a dwarf. Being a six-footer, I knew I would not marry a man like that and immediately told him so. That marked the end of that affair.”

In Pius‘ case, he had vowed never to date a lady with facial marks. ”Why should I? My friends would make me an object of mockery,” he says. This had prompted him to date many beautiful ladies, but he had never succeeded in marrying any of them.

”I am really particular about how a woman looks,” he says. ”She must be tall, fair-complexioned with no facial marks. There was a girl, Aina, who I dated for two months and almost decided on marrying her. She was very respectful, a seasoned cook and very submissive. I changed my mind about her when I noticed she had some tiny incisions on her face.

”Though they were fading away, I could not stand what my friends or relatives would say if I present her as my fiancée. I tactically jilted her and went for Roli, a pretty undergraduate. That was my undoing. I discovered that she was very promiscuous and wanted my money.

”Unfortunately, I had fallen in love with her and couldn‘t imagine jilting her. In six months, she has been a thorn in my flesh. I‘ve had to obtain various soft loans in the office to offset her bills at boutiques and highbrow restaurants.”
Re: Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner by ebonyz: 3:20am On Feb 07, 2010
Wowwwwwwwww
Food for thought cheesy
Re: Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner by ddiamond(f): 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2010
ebonyz:

Wowwwwwwwww
Food for thought cheesy

exaclty shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
Failed to see the correlation between the topic and your 'epistle'. In any case, i dont pity those of you with such tales of woe. You must have scorned the sweet, nice God-sent man meant for you in your younger years; because you wanted Bill Gates and Denzel Washington rolled into one (dream) man. Rubbish. Take your sorry craw-craw infected arses elsewhere jare.
Re: Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner by Kgdavid(m): 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2010
^word! grin grin
Re: Make These Mistakes, Miss A Partner by ladybird77(f): 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2010
Hmmm very educating,

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Get My Partner Dis Valentine / Heartbreakin Wishes / In Search Of A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.