Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion (34653 Views)

Policemen Who Assaulted Tola Azeez Dismissed In Osun / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos Over Assault On Asthmatic Patient / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by WIZGUY69(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

May the good Lord give them better jobs,
May he punish the stingy snitch that reported these breadwinners just because of 'settlement'.

These police officers should track that snitch down and thank him for sacking them.

I pray that they get a job with a multinational firm that pays in $ and on their way to collect the appointment letter, they are killed by a Dangote truck.

Useless Policemen.

Lmfao..
I swear..the way I de laugh here... Basketmouth no fit make me laugh like that.. Time to follow you
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by ofuonyebi: 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
OC why now?

Se you see what egunje can do.

I only think that others yet to be caught will learn their lesson by this digrace!

Good job I-G....This is leadership by example....and change begins with you!
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Buffalo2(m): 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
See as they look humbled. They should all be jailed at the same time cos allowing them to go into the society like that is like releasing another armed robery gang into the society.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by kadupee(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
Congratulations to them
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by bcashy: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

May he punish the stingy snitch that reported these breadwinners just because of 'settlement'.

These police officers should track that snitch down and thank him for sacking them.

I pray that they get a job with a multinational firm that pays in $ and on their way to collect the appointment letter, they are killed by a Dangote truck.

Useless Policemen.

grin
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by adeoba2008(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
mumu set of policemen
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
those bastarrds they ought to be in jail by now
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by adelacuna(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Nice work from the Nigerian police, this is the best News have heard in awhile for the NPF
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by andyanders: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Very good job by the disciplinary committee set up by the senior officers as these men harassing and extorting money from innocent young men and tagging them as Yahoo boys.Since they have been discharged, they should also be prosecuted for armed robbery and be made to be executed.

If they just dismiss them like that, they will now form their own robbery gang and be wearing police uniform thereby giving The Nigerian Police a bad name.

We need to thank the IG for handling this issue and showing their faces.They should not allow them go back to the street because they were all armed when they robbed the guys.They are all over arresting young men and searching their phones and laptops.They hang around banks and also send their colleagues on mufti into the banks and be monitoring people doing any form of transaction and alert their colleagues outside to arrest the person when the person steps out of the bank.

1 Like

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
In Nigeria when it comes to corruption and stealing, there is no tribalism. NCAN, over to you.

Okelue Nkemeonye, (ii) F/No. 355897 Sgt. Braimoh Sunday and (iii) F/No. 359928 Sgt. Yusuf Olukoga
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
I was about yabbing you until I read your comment till the end... grin grin grin grin

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Useless Policemen.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by sunbilor(m): 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2017
You can never separate police from bribery. They are the unfortunate scape-goats. When will these criminals in Aba be caught and paraded like these 3. When?
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by raphaeladeyele: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
D action is commendable
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by stagger: 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
Bastards.

May they know extreme poverty, lack and deprivation all the days of their lives.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by hokafor(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Three potential arm robbers has just been licensed.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
They should be subjected to mob action
Useless being
Bad products of a corrupt society
#scape goats of idris who steals in billion
Police station= bank
Dpo=bank manager
File and rank=cashier
COP=Area manager
IGP=executive director
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by PsiData: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
The face of security needs to change in our country, this form of complacency and indiscipline among law enforcement agents has to stop, a new rule of engagement needs to be defined on their interaction and dealing with the civil society, kudos to the complainant.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by enomakos(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
jail them,these guys are armed robbery
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by hotdealz(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Give them 6 months.
These guys will go into armed robbery or kidnapping.
They should have been sent to kirikiri as a deterrent to others.
/
when they go into armed robbery or kidnapping, that's when they will do the finishing job on them.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by macjurek(m): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
The IG OF pOLICE SHOULD KEEP TRACK OF DISSMISSED OFFICERS ,SO THAT WE DO NOT INCREASE KIDNAPPERS,ROBBERS AND MISCREANTS POPULATION.

MY STRONG ADVICES PLEASE......................

1 Like

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by jobsat34(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ever8054:
i wish the dismissed police men a very retched life after dismissal. may the tears they have made others to cry never depart from their lives... me dancing after reading this news...

Onyebushi Is next..
He will soon meet his Waterloo
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by pizzy77(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
Bleep the police.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by chineselink: 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jail them life sentence or else armed robbery is their next target.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by hibee4uall(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thank God they're eventually caught...

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Bestman111(m): 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Have u encountered them too? I thought it was me alone. They just stopped our taxi and singled me out, thanks to my work I'd card, if not, they would hv tag me a yahoo boy. They collected my phone, ordered me to unlock it, started asking me useless questions like who owns d phone, who owns d Google account in d phone, I just fliped my other phone and fake a call because i all dis while, i was telling them that i will call their oga and report them to him. Before I could return to where d one dat was with my phone, he hurriedly gave me my phone and asked me to go. I refused, I told him that I'm waiting 4 somebody there. That's when drama started, they started threatening me that they will shoot me if they have any problems there on there post and tell their OGA that I'm an armed robber. We started d argument b4 d driver and other two passengers allited from d car and started begging me to come so we can continue our journey. I leave them with my shoulders high that day.
Its worrisome wen those that are equipped to curtail crimes are d ones perpetrating it. Naija sorry. Illegal jobs
Hustlerlomo:
Bastards them... dem go dey search phones wey dem no fit operate, na so one dey search my phone the other day, e no know wen he start to dey play game... their point na iyana era for badagry road.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Bestman111(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
The authorities should watch them closely oo. They have experienced guns and the next available job 4 them is guns also. That's d other side of it. Strong gang of robbers are mostly dismissed soldiers and police personnel.
Or they should be rehabilitated.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by davillian(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2017
Dismiss and send them to jail.
They stole from a citizen,thieves in uniform.
Why must the police point a gun @ an unarmed citizen everytime.
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Abudu2000(m): 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
Slymonster:
oh brilliant.I am going to send mine soon to them.Still remember those fvck boys police names and there station.
i still have the name of one that collected #100k from me last year, time to collect back coz the transfer evidence is still with me

1 Like

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by mikolo4us: 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
Shakara don end ooh....
End oh....
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by idris4eva(m): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2017
I thought it happened in Ogun state ijebu ode to br precise

Anyways it's a commendable move by the IG

But oloriburuku lawon people yi o

Arrest someone and still use his account to receive money

Akoba re ke
Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by akigbemaru: 12:28am On Jul 25, 2017
TrapHedges:
Three policemen attached to Area ‘N’ Command Ijede-Ikorodu under the Lagos State Command have been dismissed from the service for carrying out illegal arrests and extortion. The affected police officers are (i) AP.No 136005 Inspr. Okelue Nkemeonye, (ii) F/No. 355897 Sgt. Braimoh Sunday and (iii) F/No. 359928 Sgt. Yusuf Olukoga, all pictured above. Their dismissal followed an Orderly Room trial at the Zone Two Command Headquarters, Onikan-Yaba, Lagos in which the men were found guilty by the Adjudicating officer on two charges of offence against discipline as provided for in paragraphs C (ii) Corrupt Practices and E (iii) Discreditable Conduct of the First Schedule of Police Act and Regulations Cap. P19. Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

According to a statement by the police, On the 21st June, 2017 the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) received a complaint via WhatsApp number 0805 700 0003 which states thus:

“My name is (withheld), I went to the bank this morning to deposit money to a Company’s account (name withheld) but there was no network so i deposited the money into my personal account to do the transfer to the account later. When I came out of the bank, a car packed full of some SARS policemen wearing black cloth with anti-robbery squad written at the back. I was told to enter the vehicle with a gun pointed at me. They collected my mobile phone and asked me what I do for a living. I told them that I had just finish my youth service and I am leaving with my brother and I pointed my brother shop for them to stop by and see him because he was the one that sent me to the bank. They refused to wait and they did not allow me to pick my calls and call out. I received an alert on my phone with the money I went to deposit they search my phone on seeing the alert, they started roping that am a yahoo boy telling me that I would pay them 1Million, one of them slapped me, they drove us around places in Ikorodu, ijede, gberigbe, ibeshe, igbe, ikpakodo, itaelewa, agric and first gate harassing people, moving them in the car and collecting huge amount from them. They collected N50, 000.00 from me but I notice that each junctions that we reached people were hailing there leader by his nickname (OJ. Ojewunmi). And one by name Austin slapped me. They picked me up around 9am and dropped me 6pm in the evening after collecting money from me. They even use my account to collect money from the guys that I met in the car and used my ATM to withdraw from them”

Upon the receipt of the complaint, a case with Tracking Number #PCRRU637624 was registered and acknowledgment of complaint sent to the complainant. PCRRU Investigation team was dispatched to Ikorodu where all the three dismissed policemen including AP No. 98199 ASP Bayo Obadia who led the team were apprehended. PCRRU preliminary investigation reveals that all the allegations contained in the WhatsApp message actually happened. Also the four police officers who were armed on the day of the incident falsely paraded themselves as operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) despite not being posted to SARS by police authorities. Investigation also shows that the officers extorted a total sum of N200,000 from the young men who they tagged “Yahoo Yahoo Boys”, the money was forced from them via N90,000 ATM withdrawal and N110,000 mobile bank money transfer to a third party account provided by the policemen. All the extorted N200,000 was recovered by the PCRRU Investigators.

All the arrested officers, witnesses and recovered exhibits including the N200,000 cash and printed bank statement of account were handed over to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2 Lagos for further detailed investigation and necessary disciplinary measures. The approval of the punishment of dismissal from service as recommended by the Adjudicating officer is part of the outcome of the disciplinary measures. In the case of ASP Bayo Obadiah who led the team of the infamous men on this unacceptable conduct, an Official Query was issued to him by the AIG Zone 2 Lagos, both his reply and Query has been forwarded to the office of the Force Secretary, Force Headquarters, Abuja from where it would proceed to the Police Service Commission as required by Police Regulations.

The statement adds that the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni has commended the complainant for coming forward to report the incident to PCRRU. The IGP has also said that all allegations of professional misconduct reported against any police officer would be treated in line with relevant laws and in keeping to the “Change Begins With Me Champaign” of the Federal Government.

Source http:[url]//viewz9ja.com/crime/three-police-men-dismissed-for-extortion-of-200k-from-young-men-wrongly-accused-as-yahoo-boys-in-lagos/[/url]

Re: 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 25, 2017
deebsman1:
The way those guys are looking thou. The face you make wen u r about to begin serious criminal career

Future fully trained armed robbers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alfa Burns A Girl's Chest With Hot Charcoal As Punishment (Graphic Photos) / Fraudster Confesses Using Photos Of This Lady To Scam, Promises Compensation / Edo Task force official pours away two coolers of rice being sold by 2 ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.