Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? (23994 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Daycare In The Workplace / Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / 4 Types Of Workplace Discrimination Common In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by jojothaiv(m): 12:49am On Jul 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:
In Nigeria we atheists have to be on a low low
just have it in your mind that the idea of God is BULLSHIT

SO ill say the prayer ohhh, ill even speak in tongues if them want grin grin
I Dey Like This Strategy...

Just Continue You Hear, You Will Find What You Are Looking For.m
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by jojothaiv(m): 12:52am On Jul 25, 2017
I'm here to listen to the intellectuals...

I know there will be logic...

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by emmayayodeji(m): 12:53am On Jul 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

I Dey Like This Strategy...

Just Continue You Hear, You Will Find What You Are Looking For.m

What are you looking for?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by oglalasioux(m): 12:55am On Jul 25, 2017
What's wrong in saying a 'prayer' or mumbling some words I know no one except the people in the office will hear? Saying the prayer to please the boss doesn't make me less an atheist or take anything away from me.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by imadode: 12:56am On Jul 25, 2017
X
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by D1official: 1:36am On Jul 25, 2017
imadode:
Freedom of religion is a very funny concept in Nigeria.
One question to the intellectuals (thinking people) here.
To what degree of certainty do you think our colonial masters the Europeans would have worshiped Jesus if he was Dark Skinned with an Afro and all? And what makes you think that Jesus didn't look Chinese? Be sincere with yourself brethrens...
Tnk God Jesus wasn't American or European, Tnk God d scriptures has more Asian nd African nations attached.
D same Europeans created a virus called atheism which has contributed to majority of there suicide cases, ND here u are fighting for it.
I bet atheism is an African ideology?.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by D1official: 1:38am On Jul 25, 2017
imadode:
Freedom of religion is a very funny concept in Nigeria.
One question to the intellectuals (thinking people) here.
To what degree of certainty do you think our colonial masters the Europeans would have worshiped Jesus if he was Dark Skinned with an Afro and all? And what makes you think that Jesus didn't look Chinese? Be sincere with yourself brethrens...
Tnk God Jesus wasn't American or European, Tnk God d scriptures has more Asian nd African nations attached.
D same Europeans created a virus called atheism which has contributed to majority of there suicide cases, ND here u are fighting for it.
Inasmuch as I hate d oda religion for violence, bt I would rather stand for it oda Dan existing like a cow.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Redman36(m): 2:10am On Jul 25, 2017
Camlot000007:
Pls anybody that can help on this topic "Investment analysis and feasibility studies of a commercial property in an urban area"Pls anything that relate to the topic will be appreciated
after u have fried ur brain wit "bread and toothpaste".. solve ur problem ursrlf.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by jonbellion(m): 2:16am On Jul 25, 2017
Rozaytee:
Look at wats going in world the evil,d deaths,d killing,..we are facing tryin times in d world...everybody is tryin to cling to God to save their souls from despair...while some group of brain-washed odes-mumus..are sayin God deos not exist...infact una matter worst pass satan own sef...atleast satan knew God sef...una matter ehn..na holy spirit go help una...
don't be retar.ded religious versions of God are the problem not the concept of God entirely. You don't sound like an exposed person
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Axelrod(m): 3:09am On Jul 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Hmmmn I admire your confidence.
Buts its just the way Nigerians see atheists.
they see you ass being influenced by a demonic spirit

Believe me, I've seen worst. I have even created a topic to that effect. Often times, people who know my views about religion take me to be the devil's first born.

I just catch fun in the process if I like to or simply smile at their ignorance.

Most times I tell them one day they will see the light and they will be like ''god forbid''.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Axelrod(m): 3:20am On Jul 25, 2017
D1official:

Inasmuch as I hate d oda religion for violence, bt I would rather stand for it oda Dan existing like a cow.

You sound unintelligent, please pardon me for being blunt with you!
Atheism is neither an Order nor Religion. It is just a word that describes the views that there is no universal being that acts like the traffic Warden in humans' lives.

If you believe that god exist but can't prove his existence, except quoting some verses written by drunkards and people who constantly hallucinate.

I on the other hand, do not believe he does exist, because I cannot prove he truly does exist. Who is Madder?

6 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Karleb(m): 3:43am On Jul 25, 2017
I have a lecturer who's an atheist, he doesn't hide it and he doesn't carry it on his head like ice water. No one will ever call him to say a prayer or even share the grace, because he might end up giving an Ogun/Sango version of it even though he's an ex-christain, and he's very brilliant, effective, can be very comical and theoretical indispensable in the department.

Just be good at what you do and let others know who you are and you wouldn't be asked to say a prayer, you wouldn't even be asked to say amen or forced to close your eyes, ever!
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by seunmsg(m): 3:54am On Jul 25, 2017
Desirae:
Every Monday morning, the company I work with holds a meeting. Before the meeting starts, the Manager appoints someone to pray.
As an atheist, if you're called upon to pray, what would be your response? Considering how sensitive the topic of Religion is, especially in Nigeria. And also considering the fact that not everyone is open minded.

What would be your response?

Just pretend as if you are theist and flow along with them till you become your own boss.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 3:54am On Jul 25, 2017
Desirae:
Every Monday morning, the company I work with holds a meeting. Before the meeting starts, the Manager appoints someone to pray.
As an atheist, if you're called upon to pray, what would be your response? Considering how sensitive the topic of Religion is, especially in Nigeria. And also considering the fact that not everyone is open minded.

I was never called because I declared openly that I was an Atheist even on all official company forms and records.

That started a flurry of people trying to convert me including one time a woman breaking down in tears for my soul inside my office. grin grin

So if you are a closet Atheist, you may have such issues but I have been open about mine for over 9 years now and have never faced that issue.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 4:03am On Jul 25, 2017
PataAlhaja:
All my colleagues at work know I'm an atheist. Even my immediate boss knows. Sometimes, I try to prove the implausibility of a "God" to them but their minds seem made up. Gullible primates!

OP, anytime you are called upon to lead them in that fuckin' charade called prayer, simply shake your head in discordance. And if they insist, tell them point blank that you are an atheist.

I once lost a job opportunity 'cos I told the MD I was an atheist when asked of my religion.

Stand by your convictions and beliefs. Never be cowed down by no one.

Life's too short to care about what others think about you.

As a matter of fact, I stopped giving a Fucck a long time ago ...

I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward!

Exactly.. I didn't get recruited because I was qualified religiously, but because I was qualified academically and experience wise.

Atheists need to grow a pair. We don't have to conform to societal religious pressures just to fit in.

Ever since I came out, life has been a whole lot prettier. It's always funny seeing people lose their marbles over the issue. On my NYSC form for example, for religion I wrote "Atheist/No religious affiliation".. Every official that touched that form called me personally to try and either preach to me, condemn me to hell or just to see the face of the person. grin

I am an Atheist and I say it proudly. When People say I am going to Hell I just laugh and tell them "You believe in that shiit, I don't" and keep it moving.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 4:13am On Jul 25, 2017
tomdon:
Where do these atheists get their own liver

It's in all of us..

Theism is a programmed trait. Everyone of us was born an Atheist (i.e without religious affiliation).. We only become Theist due to upbringing, society and environment.

I am sure as a kid, when you heard the stories from the Bible, you had a ton of questions and doubts. But seeing as most of your questions were met with "just believe" or "you can't question God" or "God is mysterious" or "Go pray and ask for answers", you were subconsciously programmed to just go with it despite the doubts you harboured and still suppress till this very moment.

The Atheist is one that has decided to challenge the norm. I am not afraid of hell because just like God, Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Lochness Monster (i.e Nessy), nobody has seen it or can prove it exists.

So if and when I die there is indeed a Hell, I am prepared to walk into it, give the Devil a hug and go take my spot. But nobody will limit the way I live this life that I am sure of in exchange for a fairy tale life I can only see when I die.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 4:20am On Jul 25, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Atheists are deceiving themselves

Says the person who thinks if she believes a Jewish God sent his only Son from Heaven which he gave birth to by impregnanting a Jewish Virgin against her will to come die for Sins that the Jewish God created in the first place, that all her fuckery and atrocious acts against humanity will be magically forgiven and She will one day after she dies live in a Mansion above the sky built on a street paved of Gold, dressed in all white linen singing "Kumbaya" for the next gazillion years as a righteous Ghost whilst looking down at us Atheists roasting in an everlasting fire for the same gazillion Years.. grin

Yeah!! Nah!!! Yeah!!!! grin We may be deceiving ourselves but my darling you're a "Class A unrefined thorough bred ree-tard"..

My advise is that you off yourself and go to your fantasy home in the sky cos your existence is of zero profitability or usefulness to humanity.

XOXO MadCow..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by perdollar(m): 4:54am On Jul 25, 2017
imadode:

The Unknown is God also known as X... You can't win against theists because you can't fight what you don't know but no worries time will reveal the truth. If we are alive by 2060 watch your minds go haywire as you try to grasp the understanding of Life and Death...
wats ds one saying. don't think u understand me either
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Zikdik(m): 5:44am On Jul 25, 2017
Leonbonapart:
I sugest you quit the Job beacause the God you don't believe exist is thesame that established the company and they are acknowledging him and giving him the glory for the continuation of it.

My dear atheist wannabe quit!!!! Go and work in atheist group of company

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 5:51am On Jul 25, 2017
computerboy:

Lol... this is the problem with you guys. You're always quick to anger. You don't shout to win arguments, you use facts/points that's why atheists always win you.

Atheists own companies and employ people too. They don't force their staff not to pray so i don't see why an atheist will be forced to pray if the boss is a theist. Live and let live, no need judging atheists, allow your god to do his job.

You call him atheist wannabe, are you sure you're not a theist wannabe? can you beat your chest and say you're 100% faithful to your god

Atheist people generally don't allow prayers in their companies.
You cant even pray in atheist countries.

So the person you are addressing is valid in his point.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 5:51am On Jul 25, 2017
Leonbonapart:
I sugest you quit the Job beacause the God you don't believe exist is thesame that established the company and they are acknowledging him and giving him the glory for the continuation of it.

Well Said bro cool

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 5:53am On Jul 25, 2017
PataAlhaja:

Bring down which fuckin' wretched organization? grin

The world's most valuable companies are actually owned by Atheists, you d**t!

Alphabet's (Google) Larry Page and Sergey Brin are atheists.

Facebook's Mark Z. is an atheist.

Microsoft's Bill Gates is an atheist.

Warren Buffet, arguably one of the richest and greatest philanthropists the world has seen is an atheist.

If only Nigerians channeled their energies into researches, more researches and factual intellectual endeavours instead of believing in a non-existing "God" and attending church programmes upandan, the country would be a better place.

Wrong facts. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are not atheists.
Please where do you get your news from?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 6:05am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Atheist people generally don't allow prayers in their companies.

So the person you are addressing is valid in his point.

Negro shut the French fries up.. Once again you are talking out of your Ass.

I dare you to name or cite 1 example of an Atheist Company.

I will push it further, I double dare you to cite one example of an "Atheist Company that bans it's employees from praying"..

Seriously, just shut up if you have nothing factual to say (emphasis on factual as that is a concept that seems lost on you theists). Pulling bullshit out of your ass to support your arguement only counts when you are talking about fairy tales not reality.

Thanks for stopping by. Now go downstairs for your breakfast and get set for school.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by aprokomania(m): 6:07am On Jul 25, 2017
Next time, this is what you will do.
Note, this plan will only work if you maintain a serious face throughout.
1- Calmly accept the prayer challenge.
2- Tell everyone present to close their eyes tight
3- Now say, in the scariest voice you can muster "Let us all now welcome the presence of the transcendental spirits to invade each and everyone of us, and energize our frail mortal bodies"
4- Start humming and uttering gibberish (still in scary voice)

chances are they would freak out at number "3", but if its the Nigerians I know very well, they will start pleading the blood of Jesus and screaming you down at number " 4".

At this point, mission accomplished.
Trust me, no one will ask you to pray again, they will even ask you to leave before they start prayers.

***As a bonus, no one will want to get on your bad side in the office, cos no one knows what you and your scary spirits can do to them.

Thank me later

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 6:09am On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

Negro shut the French fries up.. Once again you are talking out of your Ass.

I dare you to name or cite 1 example of an Atheist Company.

I will push it further, I double dare you to cite one example of an "Atheist Company that bans it's employees from praying"..

Seriously, just shut up if you have nothing factual to say (emphasis on factual as that is a concept that seems lost on you theists). Pulling bullshit out of your ass to support your arguement only counts when you are talking about fairy tales not reality.

Thanks for stopping by. Now go downstairs for your breakfast and get set for school.

You are really a mad cow.
Its quite obvious.
Please Name one atheist company, where people are allowed to pray in the morning in the office.
Even in atheist countries, people are put in prison for praying publicly.

Ediort undecided
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 25, 2017
Desirae:

bros like ur planning to lose ur job.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 25, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
sad sad :

Who said there is no God? Read my story below.

How God Saved Me as an Illegal Immigrant in Malaysia. Click HERE to read

Ur a sinner/criminal for being an illegal immigrant. God didn't save u.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 25, 2017
Leonbonapart:

God didn't build any company. Stop being senseless.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by mhktaryan: 6:15am On Jul 25, 2017
the same GOD that had an encounter with an 'atheist' saul on his way to damascus will av an encounter wt u ds day nd u will come back to ds same forum to gv ur testimony(AMEN).
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 6:16am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

You are really a mad cow.
Its quite obvious.
Please Name one atheist company, where people are allowed to pray in the morning in the office.

Ediort undecided

Typical Theist.. I really am a Mad Cow? Really? So you just responded to a Message on a forum typed by a Cow that is insane. grin grin You must have that new strain of stupid that is spreading around.

I didn't start the lie Boy, you did.. You said "Atheist people generally don't allow prayers in their companies.
"
And that's the bullshit I called you out on..

Now Mr. "I Chat with actual Cows online", Kindly do the following;

1. Name one Atheist Company you know.

2 Name one Atheist Company that you know bans prayers in their company.

3. Name one Atheist 'Country' (my guess is that was a typo but just incase), that banned prayers.

You can't play a switcharoo on this one.. If you say shiit, then you better have proof that back up that shiit.. Otherwise just concede to the fact that just like your religion, your statement was full of shiit..

Hope you did your homework.. Don't forget your lunchbox again.. grin

Bitchass C*nt..

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 6:19am On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

Typical Theist.. I really am a Mad Cow? Really? So you just responded to a Message on a forum typed by a Cow that is insane. grin grin You must have that new strain of stupid that is spreading around.

I didn't start the lie Boy, you did.. You said "Atheist people generally don't allow prayers in their companies.
"
And that's the bullshit I called you out on..

Now Mr. "I Chat with actual Cows online", Kindly do the following;

1. Name one Atheist Company you know.

2 Name one Atheist Company that you know bans prayers in their company.

3. Name one Atheist 'Country' (my guess is that was a typo but just incase), that banned prayers.

You can't play a switcharoo on this one.. If you say shiit, then you better have proof that back up that shiit.. Otherwise just concede to the fact that just like your religion, your statement was full of shiit..

Hope you did your homework.. Don't forget your lunchbox again.. grin

Bitchass C*nt..
Hey Cow,

Are you now trying to ask the questions you should have asked me first, before pouring out your foolishness on the first comment you made?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

University Degree Or Handiwork: Which Is Better In Nigeria? / PHOTOS: Meet Benny Eigbe, Beautiful Nigerian Female Painter / ICAN November 2019 Diet (skills Level) Lets Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.