Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? (24044 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Daycare In The Workplace / Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / 4 Types Of Workplace Discrimination Common In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by osuofia2(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2017
czarina:
shocked Lemme borrow NwaAmaikpe's smiley while we wait for them atheists to storm this thread.
So you be nwamaikpe fan?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:28am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Atheist people generally don't allow prayers in their companies.
You cant even pray in atheist countries.

So the person you are addressing is valid in his point.

Why do you need prayer in company?

You can't pray in your church?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Wrong facts. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are not atheists.
Please where do you get your news from?

You mean, from where you get your news from, they pray at Facebook and Microsoft before a meeting or work?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2017
CoolAmbience:

Well, I am neither an atheist nor a religionist.

I have built a non-negotiable, solid principle of tolerance for people's private beliefs, especially as it relates to worship and religion, over the past 12 years.

I once worked in the management of a privately owned oil and gas services firm in Rivers state, where the CEO compelled even muslims to be part of the morning prayers. No one dared to stay away.

One morning, I arrived and went straight into my office just as they were about to pray. Minutes later, he joined and inquired about me and was told I was in the office. He walked in angrily and demanded that I either joined or leave his premises.

I left and never came back. I created my own firm months later. Mind you, I told him from the beginning my stance on these things but he assured that it would not be problem. Perhaps, he felt I would not dare face the uncertainties of life outside his company.

In my less than one year of my working there, I facilitated three high profile international partnerships using my network, which got the two of us to travel to different countries in North America. Though I was meant to have stakes in these partnerships and become co-owner, it was more in his overall interest.

Let me not bore us with a too lengthy piece, while his firm is now fast declining, mine is just hitting the growth stage. I believe in imbibing principles that promote enhanced peaceful co-existence among people and cannot negotiate that with any employer. Because of that singular experience, we have a policy that mandates staff to keep their private worship personal, as group prayers are not allowed in the office.

Make no mistakes, this came with a price. The family suffered o. But my ever supportive wife stood gidigba as she shares same ideology. Afterall, if you loose your job, life will certainly go on. This mindset keeps propelling me.

Of course your company would grow as you obviously have more sense than the retard employing you before, whose company is now in decline.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Phylix76:
Sometimes people just need to be ashamed of calling themselves atheist. Where do they come from? Atheist world? for crying out loud i think such people should bury their heads in shame.

You should bury your head in shame for not having enough sense to be aware of your useless brainwash.

What has your God done for you and your loved ones?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

You mean, from where you get your news from, they pray at Facebook and Microsoft before a meeting or work?
Show me where I said what you just claimed.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

Why do you need prayer in company?

You can't pray in your church?

Why do an atheist need to work in a prayerful company?
You cant find an atheist company?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by czarina(f): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
osuofia2:

So you be nwamaikpe fan?
after a long day at work, his comments are a great stress reliever , he gets outrightly nasty most times but eh, that's beauty of social media, I won't say I'm a fan tho, Just enjoying his foul-mouthed nairaland personality, I guess most of us do, knowing we're not on the receiving end of such nastiness shocked
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

[s]Yeah!! Nah!!! We will only move on to the next one after you prove this shiit Mr Pe.nisHomo..

You said;

Prove it[/s].
Omnivore,
Are you ready to answer my question.?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

Prove it Mr. Penisomor.

Felixomor, what a profoundly stupid comment.

I am sure you can't name a country where people are not allowed to pray.

Companies are not a place for prayer, they are for work. Pray in your own time in you house of worship or residence. Don't force or coerce anyone to involuntarily participate or experience your prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Show me where I said what you just claimed.

You are right. You didn't claim that. My bad.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

Felixomor, what a profoundly stupid comment.

I am sure you can't name a country where people are not allowed to pray.

Companies are not a place for prayer, they are for work. Pray in your own time in you house of worship or residence. Don't force or coerce anyone to involuntarily participate or experience your prayers.

You are the stupid one.

Please google NorthKorea an atheist country.
Cure your ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

You are the stupid one.

Cure your ignorance.

You are an idiot.

Where do you get your news that people are not allowed to pray in North Korea?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Omnivore,
Are you ready to answer my question.?

Reetarded Fuckboy.. You have not earned the right to ask a darn thing until you prove this statement of yours with facts

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

What is a prayerful company?

The company advertised the job saying this is a prayerful company or where prayer is said every morning?

Have you seen such job advert before? If so, show us.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

You are an idiot.

Where do you get your news that people are not allowed to pray in North Korea?

Ediort
Cure your Ignorance
https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliviaenos/2017/01/25/north-korea-is-the-worlds-worst-persecutor-of-christians/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:51am On Jul 25, 2017
knight05:

bro thanks 4 diz story,bt like d concludin part isnt on dat link

Really?

I will fix it.

Subscribe to my blog please.

Thanks.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by CanadianNurse: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2017
PataAlhaja:

Bring down which fuckin' wretched organization? grin

The world's most valuable companies are actually owned by Atheists, you d**t!

Alphabet's (Google) Larry Page and Sergey Brin are atheists.

Facebook's Mark Z. is an atheist.

Microsoft's Bill Gates is an atheist.

Warren Buffet, arguably one of the richest and greatest philanthropists the world has seen is an atheist.

If only Nigerians channeled their energies into researches, more researches and factual intellectual endeavours instead of believing in a non-existing "God" and attending church programmes upandan, the country would be a better place.

must you lie to support your claim?
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

Reetarded Fuckboy.. You have not earned the right to ask a darn thing until you prove this statement of yours with facts

You have not shown that you have common sense either.
A simple google search of atheist countries and companies will suffice to solve your foolishness.

By then I will be waiting for you to show me which of them allow their staff to pray in the morning in the office.

Keep being slow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Ediort
Cure your Ignorance
https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliviaenos/2017/01/25/north-korea-is-the-worlds-worst-persecutor-of-christians/

You are a complete idiot!

Where in your article did it say people are not allowed to pray? grin

Please show it. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

The company advertised the job saying this is a prayerful company or where prayer is said every morning?

By that I mean the type of company the Op wrote about.
Read the main article before asking stupid questions.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

You are the stupid one.

Cure your ignorance.

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa... grin grin

So is North Korea a Company?

O wait.. Is North Korea an Atheist Country? Prove it.

Show us their constitution where religion or prayers are banned.

Remember I told you not even Google will save you from this one.

You better humble yourself, confess your lies, apologise to Me and Jesus and come to us with a broken and contrite heart that we may look down on your wretched lying soul with mercy and forgive your Biicthass for telling such foolish lies..

If not.. The Devil has reserved one room face-me-i-face-you with communual bathroom and kitchen for your soul in hell.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:55am On Jul 25, 2017
MadCow1:

[s]
Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa... grin grin

So is North Korea a Company?

O wait.. Is North Korea an Atheist Country? Prove it.

Show us their constitution where religion or prayers are banned.

Remember I told you not even Google will save you from this one.

You better humble yourself, confess your lies, apologise to Me and Jesus and come to us with a broken and contrite heart that we may look down on your wretched lying soul with mercy and forgive your Biicthass for telling such foolish lies..

If not.. The Devil has reserved one room face-me-i-face-you with communual bathroom and kitchen for your soul in hell.[/s]

Keep quiet ediort
the person I replied asked for a country.
Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by MadCow1: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

You are a complete idiot!

Please show it. grin

Like the fingertrap toy.. The more that Biitch tries to get out, The more stuck he gets. grin

I knew if I called him out long enough the c*nt will actually take the suicidal leap to prove an unprovable comment and he did.. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

By that I mean the type of company the Op wrote about.
Read the main article before asking stupid questions.

And the question still remains in response to your stupid questions.

felixomor:

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:58am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

[s]You are a complete idiot!

Please show it. grin[/s]

Olodo, The Christians being killed, what do you think they are being killed For?

You are just too dull.
Besides There are numerous articles that back that up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_North_Korea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 7:59am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

[s]And the question still remains in response to your stupid questions.

Have you seen such job advert before? If so, show us.[/s]

Question for question
Continue the Stupidity undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 7:59am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Olodo, The Christians being killed, what do you think they are being killed For?

You are just too dull.
Besides There are numerous articles that back that up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_North_Korea

You are a buffoon!

Christians are killed is the same thing as prayers not allowed?

Where is that backed up?

Fooooooool!

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Question for question
Continue the Stupidity undecided

You are an idiot!

The company advertised the job saying "this is a prayerful company or where prayer is said every morning"?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by Gamesmart: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2017
felixomor:

Keep quiet ediort
the person I replied asked for a country.

Show us a country where prayer is banned.

And this is the idiot calling others ignorant. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

[s]You are an idiot!

The company advertised the job saying "this is a prayerful company or where prayer is said every morning"?

Have you seen such job advert before? If so, show us[/s].
Dear Morula,
"Prayerful" simply means to always be inclined to pray.
It doesn't have to be on their notice board, Olodo

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? by felixomor: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2017
Gamesmart:

Show us a country where prayer is banned.

And this is the idiot calling others ignorant. undecided

I already mentioned the country.
If you care to read.

Besides there are other atheist countries who kill christians for praying public.
If you care to use google, its free....

Solve the ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet Benny Eigbe, Beautiful Nigerian Female Painter / University Degree Or Handiwork: Which Is Better In Nigeria? / ICAN November 2019 Diet (skills Level) Lets Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.