Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! (3395 Views)

Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA / Gbenga Daniel And Rotimi Amaechi In Campaign Debate On Channels TV / Profile: Flora Shaw, The Woman That Coined The Name "Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Jengem: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
grin

I am just laughing at your mind

U have a good sense of humour

Maybe it help you win the recesiion
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2017
Jengem:

U have a good sense of humour

Maybe it help you win the recesiion
You will stand with, and for, me as I move to become President.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Ojiofor: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2017
Enough of Niger Area,let us try Imo Area as in Imoria.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 11:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Ojiofor:
Enough of Niger Area,let us try Imo Area as in Imoria.
We can think outside using rivers na
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by danderson(f): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2017
grin
northvietnam:
Change it from

nIGERIA

to

Hades ( go to Luke 16:24)

Bros you deadly grin grin
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2017
just name it west AFRICA
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
just name it west AFRICA
But we aren't the only country in West Africa
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by orisa37: 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
HIY= Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
orisa37:
HIY= Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba.
Not creative besides there are other ethnic groups here
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by papaejima1: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
grin "Niger area"
Ok. Use your tongue and count your teeth cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by orisa37: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
So I get F (Fool, Foul, Fail). Thank you.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Call it the name it had before the Brits baptised it.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Muafrika2:
Call it the name it had before the Brits baptised it.
...and what's that please?
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
...and what's that please?

Old tales and myths of origin should be the place to start.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

Old tales and myths of origin should be the place to start.
What name have you gotten from old tales and Myths as the name before 'Nigeria'?
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by PDJT: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
-Nigerians should look for the book: "The passing of the great race" by Madison Grant, and see how the intellectuals who called themselves "The Progressives" at that time(late 19th & early 20th centuries) saw the black man and Southern/Eastern Europeans.
-Lugard's ideals were shared by the leaders of that era, including Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, British establishment etc.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by MrHighSea: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Zoological garden is enough
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
What name have you gotten from old tales and Myths as the name before 'Nigeria'?

Am not Nigerian. I'll look for them and read.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

Am not Nigerian. I'll look for them and read.
What country are you from?
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
PDJT:
-Nigerians should look for the book: "The passing of the great race" by Madison Grant, and see how the intellectuals who called themselves "The Progressives" at that time(late 19th & early 20th centuries) saw the black man and Southern/Eastern Europeans.
-Lugard's ideals were shared by the leaders of that era, including Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, British establishment etc.
Will try and read that.

But trust me, there was no way they could kick against his ideals since he was dealing with blacks that were underdeveloped
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
What country are you from?
Kinya
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

Kinya
OK. I read a lot your news here. Most are weird grin
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
OK. I read a lot your news here. Most are weird grin
Don't believe those wicked bloggers. Most of the stories are cooked and spiced right here undecided
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

Don't believe those wicked bloggers. Most of the stories are cooked and spiced right here undecided
Yeah. I believe you. Bloggers can lie.
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by eunisam: 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
if they like make dem change it to CHANGE .all we want is BIAFRA
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
Yeah. I believe you. Bloggers can lie.
Yep smiley
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Kirgyakos(m): 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
papaejima1:
From Nigeria to Benueria abi?

I have always wondered why Flora Shaw chose river niger instead of river Benue.

guy i dey wit u

1 Like

Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Kirgyakos(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
Destined2win:
grin "Niger area"

benue area...how u cee'am?
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Destined2win: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kirgyakos:

benue area...how u cee'am?
Nah. Not nice
Re: Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! by Litmus: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nigeria is a good name and the flag is a good design, it would be tragic to discard them. Indian ocean is not a good name.It should be African Ocean, fight to change such things first. Then again, Africa isn't indigenous to the continent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I have warned them, that there will be a reprisal attack in the North. / Nairalanders We Need Ur Prayers In Taraba State This Night / Breaking News:Buhari Extended His Leave Notified National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.