Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (69170 Views)

20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Jaqenhghar: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
ChinonsoDike2:
Black subhumans that have been unable to do anything with their so called First Class degrees. Apes. Bonobos. The gorillas have first class degrees, but they can't build a city wide sewage system.
My brother. Tell them man.
cc
Banmee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by lilmax(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
beamtopola:

Obo some first class no b first class grin na just ordinary paper just like your illusory first class grin
I totally understand

why you no make the illusory first class? grin

if something no dey real, no be to imagine the thing get am?grin

so even in imagination sef you no make am? guy you are finished grin

person become dullard for real life and imagination too? Omo the unhinged word you use na you win amgrin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
lilmax:
I totally understand

why you no make the illusory first class? grin

if something no dey real, no be to imagine the thing get am?grin

so even in imagination sef you no make am? guy you are finished grin

person become dullard for real life and imagination too? Omo the unhinged word you use na you win amgrin
Ma nigga that need to go for mental checkup grin grin
The only unhinged friend wey I get on cyberspace grin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by lilmax(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
beamtopola:

Ma nigga that need to go for mental checkup grin grin
The only unhinged friend wey I get on cyberspace grin
my certified dullard friend wey come out with pass grin

go and sin no more unless say you want make your children inherit dullard genes.... continue

how the family go be like sef? grin

Mr.beam head of house go tell beamdullard no 1.... be like, my son you can't make first class in life in any university, its signed and sealed.... be more like your dad grin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Mabelenena(f): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
beamtopola:

If them head hot, make them go take first class from USA public university or India. UK na country?
Even though them give me free visa sef I no dey go. Uk is been rule by radical Islamic terrorist.

My dream any time is usa . I so much love that country.
Person eat your brain?? compare nigeria and uk which 1 be country
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by joepentwo(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
wer sholarship mk i co shine for yankee grin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by vampire2020: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
blackbeau1:
yes
uni port right?
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by redsun(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nigerian education is fundamentally flawed ,first class or no first class. It lacks common sense and cognitive intelligence and that is core reason why it is unproductive You can't be studying in a university that lacks all the basic infrastructures in the 21st century and expect to reason properly. It does not show any sign of learning when you lack all the basics of life,especially in an institution of higher learning where problems are main to be solved.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by dabossman(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Statsocial:
So now I see why it seems most Nigerians seem to grad with First class from UK universities.

All I would say is if you graduated with any kind of second class just go for a masters because 2.2 would become the new 3rd class and 2.1 become the new 2.2

The labour market is already getting filled with many UK graduates. And Covenant university just emboldened other private universities not to hold their students back from 1st Class by producing about 10% First class degrees. Many public universities like Unilag and UI are already seeing that they put their Alumni at a unique disadvantage in the labour market by intentionally downgrading them academically. So the public university system would become more liberal as the years go bye.
Lalasticlala

You're very right. This is something I have been saying for years. There is no pride in boasting that to graduate with a first class from your institution, faculty or department is difficult. Education shouldn't be a burden or a struggle. A student who is worthy of a 1st class should be awarded with it on merit.

Surprisingly, even some students take pride in the fact that to graduate with a first class in their university is difficult. This mentality must change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by blackbeau1(f): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
vampire2020:
uni port right?
yes
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Jbleenk: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
The university of salford my school is there but clubbing no gree me graduate with 1st class grin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Febechi1997: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
OK nah.... Am going to get my own
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Rhaspody(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
This thing really touched you. Nice write up
Nigeriadondie:
undecided If u school abroad and with all the state of the art faciilities and u re serious and determined coupled with lecturers who dont see themselves as gods or too arrogant to even relate well with their students tell me why that student would not excel. Not one who wud impose textbooks on u and fail u for not buying or tell u grade A is for God or his dead ancestors

Those who do sciences, engineering and medical courses and studied both in Nigeria and abroad wud see the huge difference between modern 21st century education and archaic system of education in Nigeria with dilapidated labs and if there are equipment they are old model and that is y our graduates trained locally can never measure up to d challenges of d 21st century. Not to talk of outdated curriculum as some of our lecturers still give their notes of 80's to students in 2017

What of incessant strikes by ASUU, NASU, SSANU that wud make a student spend more years than necessary when he or she must ve spent years waiting to get in, in the first place.

No wonder our looters in power send their kids abroad to school cos they know the wide gap between our educational system abroad and what u ve home. Even the least rated school in Europe and America is far ahead of our so called presitgious ivory towers if they even ve any prestige at all.

Also, the excellent performance of Nigerian students abroad attests to d fact that if given the right environment, Nigerians would always excel even far beyond set expectations. But sadly, most of the abundant talented youths whose skills should ve been nurtured, groomed,mdeveloped and subsequently harnessed for the good of all rots away.

Nigeria is a ground for destroying destinies but when some are able to succeed the useless country would always want to identify with success they never made any contribution to.

U see many Nigerians who ve excelled in their chosen fields abroad and when they make waves the useless govt wud want to identify with them as if they did anything to contribute to d success of that individual and obviously if that person had been in Nigeria is 101% certain that such individual may never have gotten to d peak of their career perharp some may ve died
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by reiddecuti: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
And its very hard yo record 30% of 2.1 in our universities not to talk of 1st class.

The only country lectures will be proud enough to tell you that 85% of students fails his course and it will be so at semester end.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by KENFERDYOORI(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
Even the environment there generally is conducive for studies.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by monex(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
Statsocial:

Tell them o. I am waiting for someone to say OAU is better than imperial college because oau produces a very lower percentage of first class. Many Nigerians should become more informed before blabbing.

the argument was never "OAU is better than covenant" ... The argument is that :

a 2.1 in covenant is a poor/below-average student in covenant as he is only in the 33rd percentile

while a 2.1 in OAU is well above an average student in OAU as he is likely in the 75th percentile

so unless you assume that students in covenant are generally more than twice as sharp as students in OAU, the OAU 2.1 student is a better student than the covenant student

this is statistics

2 Likes

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by stevups(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
this guy is always on point.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
lilmax:
my certified dullard friend wey come out with pass grin

go and sin no more unless say you want make your children inherit dullard genes.... continue

how the family go be like sef? grin

Mr.beam head of house go tell beamdullard no 1.... be like, my son you can't make first class in life in any university, its signed and sealed.... be more like your dad grin
The nitwit grin is ready for me today grin
You need to go get your brain check, dude grin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by lilmax(m): 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
beamtopola:

The nitwit grin is ready for me today grin
You need to go get your brain check, dude grin
go to your first post, let's check who needs brain check grin

self proclaimed dude with unintelligent swag grin

no be me o,na you tell yourself say you no know book grin
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Mrlouis: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
VanBommel:
Public school lecturers are actually haters of success. I know one prof in the school I attended, he goes by the name "Prof Amagh Nduka", in the department of physics. I heard that when he schooled in U.I he graduated with a 3rd class but went to the U.S and came out with a first class. Since this man became a lecturer, students in his department hardly come out with a 2.1, talk more of a 1st class.
Do u mind that slowpoke? A guy later made a first class in that industrial physics department of his.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
mercytripletz:
If the schools are Nigeria now, some dumb people will tag the schools 'bad', 'Cheat', 'weak' because of the high number of first class grads
Those universities are among the best in the UK and attracts the best high school leavers in the UK. The question now is, Do covenant and other private universities in Nigeria attract the best secondary school leavers, the answer is NO.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
monex:

a 2.1 in covenant is a poor/below-average student in covenant as he is only in the 33rd percentile

while a 2.1 in OAU is well above an average student in OAU as he is likely in the 75th percentile

so unless you assume that students in covenant are generally more than twice as sharp as students in OAU, the OAU 2.1 student is a better student than the covenant student

this is statistics
When you are making comparisons between Covenant and OAU let's put in remembrance that the classification of degree should actually represent the knowledge base of each students. what is the point of comparing an OAU's 2:1 with that of CU when most likely the 2:1 from OAU may not know how to handle or operate a particular facility which a 3rd class from CU might be able to do.

So the most important thing is not the comparative value of these degrees but the knowledge value each student has.

Admittedly, there are 2:1 students from public universities who would make First class in CU because of the conducive environment and smaller class size but that is an issue we should take up with the Government. But the problem here is that ppl are saying the private universities are the problem for graduating 'many' first class graduates but the truth is the public universities are the ones that should step up and award people their rightful degree class.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by VanBommel(m): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
Mrlouis:

Do u mind that slowpoke? A guy later made a first class in that industrial physics department of his.
seriously shocked shocked shocked Somebody shout HALLELUJAH!!!
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Chigorkizz(m): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
Where are the people saying Nigerian graduates are not employable?
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Cajetanspeaks:
Those universities are among the best in the UK and attracts the best high school leavers in the UK. The question now is, Do covenant and other private universities in Nigeria attract the best secondary school leavers, the answer is NO.
The answer is YES! I really wish I can find a document that reflects the jamb score of most CU fresh men. ppl make the mistake of comparing CU to the likes of Baze university or Chrisland. CU has an admittance rate of 60% and admits the best of the Elite class and Middle class. Those folks schooling in places like Ambassadors college, Corona college, Doregos, Loyola Jesuit e.t.c Admittedly CU is almost closed to talent from the poor class bit we are trying to attract them with targeted scholarships which Criteria is being poor and having a minimum of 5As in one sitting of Olevels.

As regards UK universities. believe me if you have your cash and academically average you can school in any UK school you desire to. Most people flocking to UK are not necessarily talented. The talent hunt for most prestigious universities start at postgraduate level where the quality of students admitted could invariably determine the quality of research and then the ranking of the university. Hence most scholarships are usually targeted for postgraduate education.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Stbottle(m): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
beamtopola:

If them head hot, make them go take first class from USA public university or India. UK na country?
Even though them give me free visa sef I no dey go. Uk is been rule by radical Islamic terrorist.

My dream any time is usa . I so much love that country.

So because you love the usa, that renders the uk education useless.
Another failed citizen cry cry
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by engrpheleeks(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
undecided If u school abroad and with all the state of the art faciilities and u re serious and determined coupled with lecturers who dont see themselves as gods or too arrogant to even relate well with their students tell me why that student would not excel. Not one who wud impose textbooks on u and fail u for not buying or tell u grade A is for God or his dead ancestors

Those who do sciences, engineering and medical courses and studied both in Nigeria and abroad wud see the huge difference between modern 21st century education and archaic system of education in Nigeria with dilapidated labs and if there are equipment they are old model and that is y our graduates trained locally can never measure up to d challenges of d 21st century. Not to talk of outdated curriculum as some of our lecturers still give their notes of 80's to students in 2017

What of incessant strikes by ASUU, NASU, SSANU that wud make a student spend more years than necessary when he or she must ve spent years waiting to get in, in the first place.

No wonder our looters in power send their kids abroad to school cos they know the wide gap between our educational system abroad and what u ve home. Even the least rated school in Europe and America is far ahead of our so called presitgious ivory towers if they even ve any prestige at all.

Also, the excellent performance of Nigerian students abroad attests to d fact that if given the right environment, Nigerians would always excel even far beyond set expectations. But sadly, most of the abundant talented youths whose skills should ve been nurtured, groomed,mdeveloped and subsequently harnessed for the good of all rots away.

Nigeria is a ground for destroying destinies but when some are able to succeed the useless country would always want to identify with success they never made any contribution to.

U see many Nigerians who ve excelled in their chosen fields abroad and when they make waves the useless govt wud want to identify with them as if they did anything to contribute to d success of that individual and obviously if that person had been in Nigeria is 101% certain that such individual may never have gotten to d peak of their career perharp some may ve died
Oh... You have just said my mind. This is just the plain truth about our educational system. Killing dreams since time immemorial.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by engrpheleeks(m): 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
blackbeau1:
Well, in Uk, the lecturers aren't as bitter and wicked as the ones we have here. For instance, one of our lecturers told us 'anatomy dept can never produce a 1st class because they (lecturers) can't let us do so. 'According to him if we did, there's a chance we could get a job in the department and they simply couldn't allow that.
You see, can you just imagine what is coming out from the mouth of the lecturer who is supposed to be your adviser and source of encouragement. Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Gerrard59(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Statsocial:

You've done well with your arguments. It's the same thing I've been saying. That students fail in a particular school or course doesn't make it the best.

Another thing I've discovered is that, schools in the east convocate less first class graduates than the west. For instance, a school like UNN will convocate less than a 100, but Unilag will be above 100. Schools in the east have to up their game. The suffer head mentality is not a good one.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by SirMazi: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
monex:

this is statistics
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. " - Alvin Toffler......shaking my head for your life
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Stanbeto: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
I can't comot with out 1st class ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem / OAU Female Student In Batman Outfit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.